Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

I have two tickets for the London game and now can't make it , at the minute its 1 adult and 1 child ticket but checked with ticketmaster and can upgrade the child ticket to an adult one.

Tickets are in block 127.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

fondriest wrote: »
    I have two tickets for the London game and now can't make it , at the minute its 1 adult and 1 child ticket but checked with ticketmaster and can upgrade the child ticket to an adult one.

Tickets are in block 127.

How much are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

OU812 wrote: »
    How much are they?

Sorry now sold.

Bugger. Anyone else interested in selling, drop me a PM

That’s Thomas’s Seahawks career over then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

That’s Thomas’s Seahawks career over then

Seeing him give the line the finger was a sad end to a great Seahawks career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Paleface

Terrible way for it to end. Seemingly they were close to a deal with the Chiefs to trade him so it's the missed draft picks that will haunt the management now.

It's the same leg he broke in 2016 so there could be something in that in terms of why they weren't willing to give him an extension.

Avril, Chancellor, Sherman and now Thomas all gone in the space of a year. I don't think any team could cope with losing that much experience in quick succession and expect to be the same.

Ironically though it's the offence where the problems still look the worst. The run game has improved but they managed to not convert a single third down all night. The fact that they still won the game is just luck and the Cardinals being a poor team in general.

**** I’d love us to beat the Rams this Sunday. They really need to stand up at least from the one sided fixture last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Really can’t see it

Lose this weekend and get the Raiders in London next week and be 3-3 at the bye week would be pretty good at this stage of the season all things considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Fluker just manhandled Suh for that Davis TD, great to see

• Advertisement

Tied at the half. Think that exceeds all expectations!

This is a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The run game is working really well

It’s the hope that kills you.

Easily our best performance of the season though

Don’t understand why we took the timeout when the Rams were about to punt

A much improved performance! I really hope this carries over into the upcoming fixtures.

To be fair the Rams are a serious outfit and will take some stopping if they can keep this form up. I think they possibly would have won it a bit handier if Cooks and Kupp didn't get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It was a serious hit on Cooks by Thompson.

I wasn't hopeful before last nights game but then to get so close it was disappointing. Hoping for a good performance against the Raiders...the running game seems to have been improved considerably.

All from the OL improving considerably. Wilson had more time in the pocket and the line were getting a push against the Rams DL which was creating holes we havent seen our OL produce in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Don’t understand why we took the timeout when the Rams were about to punt

Clock was running, only paused while they were measuring the distance. Right call to use timeout in that situation

Still would rather have got the ball back with 50 seconds to go and one time out left (needing to get into field goal range) than give the Rams the chance to get the first down.

• Advertisement

Enjoy the game those of you who got tix. Unfortunately I’ll be sitting here at home

Anyone know if it’s being broadcast FTA?

It’s a lovely rotten dirty day in London

Enjoy the game those of you who got tix. Unfortunately I’ll be sitting here at home

Anyone know if it’s being broadcast FTA?

I think its on BBC 2. Enjoy the day out folks!

Hope those who got to go enjoyed it! I was very jealous watching on the tv. Looked like a home game!! :D

Gutted I couldn't be there. The weekend didn't suit. Going to the Chargers Titans game next weekend instead. Really can't wait for my first NFL experience!

It was a home game, far more noise on their third downs than ours - hope that came across on tv!!

3-3. Onto the bye week plus we’ve been on far better the last two weeks

I was disappointed to not be able to go too, but it was great to see. The team doesn't quite have the character of the SB team, but we can at least hope again.

And I might just go for a trip to Seattle next season for a big birthday (even though its in March 2020!)

I was disappointed to not be able to go too, but it was great to see. The team doesn't quite have the character of the SB team, but we can at least hope again.

And I might just go for a trip to Seattle next season for a big birthday (even though its in March 2020!)

Rumours that the Seahawks will be sold because Allen’s sole heir (sister) has no interest in them.

As long as Trump doesn’t buy them. My money is in Bezos

That would be very interesting indeed

Every team has to have a succession plan filed with the league in the event of the owner passing so this shouldn’t take long until we all know what the plan is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Every team has to have a succession plan filed with the league in the event of the owner passing so this shouldn’t take long until we all know what the plan is

I didn't know that was a requirement until it was mentioned on the NFL network earlier. I mean when you think about it it makes perfect sense and is a good requirement from the league. You'd hope that the city of Seattle won't let what happened to the sonics happen here and I'm sure if I think it's his sister who the team goes to wanted to sell the team it wouldn't be hard to get a new owner. It's a very attractive team to buy. It's not the panthers.

Advertisement