Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What the hell Seattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

That was one horrific offensive display. That was reminiscent of the Charlie Whitehurst led seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

The offence has been gradually getting worse since the Bye week :mad:

I thought it was the fact they were banged up at running back with Carson and Hyde out at the same time. When they've come back it hasn't fixed it.

They are too reliant on Wilson throwing miracle deep balls and good defences are shutting down Metcalf or at least making sure he's rarely wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

God that was bad, even in Q4 with time running out you never felt that we even had a chance of making it interesting.

I really don't think we will do anything meaningful this season at all and we will be finished pretty early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Couldn’t have wished for a better match up this week after what happened last Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Nice to rack up another win but you couldn't learn anything from that game.

You would actually feel sorry for the Jets they are that bad.

Easily the worst team I've seen the Seahawks play.

Huge stop on 4th down on our own 1 yard line in 3rd quarter.

TD now and the Rams are done

That was actually more comfortable than I thought it would be.

D keeping the Rams to 9 points and no TDs. Huge improvement as the seasons gone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dare I say it, the stuff of champions. Defense immense theoughout and the Offense ground away against tough opponents to come through in the end. That's got to make confidence sky-high.

• Advertisement

Anybody want those picks back for Jamal Adams? Probably came up with the biggest play tonight in tackling Henderson down. That defensive stop was celebrating like a scored touchdown for me anyway!

Awesome defensive display, offence got things going in the second half

Schneider being interviewed by Detroit for the GM job :(

Not correct. The only story is that they are interested in him. He has also come out calling it "rumours". Make of that what you will.

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1345830724348252162?s=20

Predicting a low scoring slog tonight.

I think this game is the first in a while that Seattle have no injuries on the OL and therefore should have a good chance of protecting Wilson. If that happens they should win.

Also if Goff is not fit and Wolford starts the odds must surely be in Seattle’s favour. It would be a low point in the Carroll era to be eliminated in the playoffs at home by a stand in QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Only stream I could find tonight is En Vivo and the entire commentary is Hispanic and I’m very confused. Also a little buzzed, but mostly confused...

What a dreadful performance on offence. If the Rams had a fully fit QB they would be home and dry long ago!

Season fell away spectacularly on offence. Needs to be looked at over the off season

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Havent been following the seahawks in any detail , but given the WRs they have, is it mainly an O-line problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭al87987

Horrible to watch that. Penalties and play calling costing us big time. A really deflating loss.

• Advertisement

human 19 wrote: »
    Havent been following the seahawks in any detail , but given the WRs they have, is it mainly an O-line problem?

Rams have the best secondary in NFL, kept the WR'ers closed down most of the night.

I would not have expected the season to end that way after the first half of the season. Defence did everything they could last night. Akers broke off a few runs and Goff was very fortunate that Adams with only one arm wasn't able to make a play on the duck to Kupp.

As for the offence, pick any adjective for awful you want. The game against the Bills broke the offence. Schotty looked to have figured it out but once the deep shot was taken away, there was very little left. Outside of Lockett and Metcalf nobody on the offence would fear a defence. The addition of Josh Gordon would have really helped. But the NFL is making an example of him, whereas they allow Antonio Brown to catch touchdown passes from Brady without an issue.

The O Line was getting constantly beat and whats worse is beaten really quick. Any time they did have a decent pocket for Wilson he was seeing ghosts and running into pressure. At times he just has to let the ball go. I know that we are able to get those scramble plays out of him holding the ball but nice quick passes to keep the defence honest would have really helped him find his rhythm. The pick 6 was a great heads up play by Williams. Swain could have got to the block better and Metcalf could have gone to ball instead of waiting for it to get to him but how often is a back going to make that type of a play. The fact it was the only interception off that play this season tells you all you need to know.

Another off-season of soul searching for this team. Another playoff game ending in the same manner. Carroll isn't going anywhere. Maybe they make a change at OC but unlikely. No first round pick this year and question marks over a good few starters make it an interesting off-season.

human 19 wrote: »

It's better than it was. IMO the coaches bear most of the responsibility for not halting a severe slide on Offense over the second half of the season. They need structural or personel changes or it'll be the same story next season. They've gone out of the playoffs with a whimper 3 seasons in a row.

akenno wrote: »
    I would not have expected the season to end that way after the first half of the season. Defence did everything they could last night. Akers broke off a few runs and Goff was very fortunate that Adams with only one arm wasn't able to make a play on the duck to Kupp.
    The mood back at the start of the season was very much "we're overachieving". Looking back now, a 5-0 start looks like we were dominating, but in reality we were reliant on miracle plays from Wilson most games. That run runs out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭al87987

I really think we lost the game in the 1st half. Should have sold out to stop the Akers run a little more and forced Walford/Injured Goff to beat us with their arm.

Wilson's regression in the 2nd half of the season killed us, seemed to be holding onto the ball a little longer and delaying his scrambling.

Wilson was very poor by his own standards for the latter half of the season. Uncharacteristic interceptions, over thrown passes and not getting rid of the ball when nothing is on to prevent sacks.

However last night the entire offence apart from Carson and possibly Lockett were crap. The OL was terrible in protecting Wilson even after Donald went off injured. Metcalf, Hollister and Dissly all dropped catches that they should be making. Hyde was non existent. As was Olsen who obviously wasn't fit to play.

Changes are clearly required ahead of next year.

From reading about Pete Carroll's press conference, he is not making any coaching changes. He also wants to run the ball more next year. But I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. Because they can run the ball, they just need to do it better. No point in running the ball to get 1-3 yards on early down, they have to be able to make bigger runs and then open up the passing game based off of it.

Schneider's contract was extended, and Schotty sacked. This does not displease me.

Carroll and Schottenheimer obviously rubbed each other the wrong way over the course of the season. The "philosophical differences" quote and the fact that Carroll confirmed he got involved in the offence mid way through the season are both telling.

• Advertisement

Paleface wrote: »
    Carroll and Schottenheimer obviously rubbed each other the wrong way over the course of the season. The "philosophical differences" quote and the fact that Carroll confirmed he got involved in the offence mid way through the season are both telling.

Yeah, if you said Schotty was gone immediately after the game I'd have been happy. But it appears as if Carroll simply wants to run the ball, and handcuff Wilson into not turning the ball over. Schotty should have made better adjustments but it feels like Carroll has stepped into the offense to have his say.

Expect an extension for Carson and for us to return to 2018 and run the ball all the time.

Advertisement