Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Were they part of the '12th Man' who left the stadium early?

I actually met some people that left the game early. I felt absolutely no sympathy for them. They should have stayed to support the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jamsiek wrote: »
    I actually met some people that left the game early. I felt absolutely no sympathy for them. They should have stayed to support the team.

Yeah I'm with you there. Nothing worse than fair weather fans. You'd wonder how many of them were fans when the team was going 6-10 or whatever. Every team in every sport has them though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Jamsiek wrote: »

How did they justify the early exit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

TheDoctor wrote: »

Beat the traffic is the usual excuse.

They needed to score 2 touch downs and didn't think they could do it in the time they had. No faith in their team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Traffic is probably terrible coming from a stadium that size, but even if we'd been five touchdowns behind, it isn't justifiable. It's the last home game of the season - they should at least have stayed to clap the team off the pitch. They got what they deserved. I stayed to the end to watch my county get beaten 0-24 to 0-4 once, and it was painful, but proper fans do it.

Still, it's unfortunate. It happens with every team but now some are using it as a stick to beat the Seahawks with, as if nobody ever left their team's stadium early.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Traffic is probably terrible coming from a stadium that size, but even if we'd been five touchdowns behind, it isn't justifiable. It's the last home game of the season - they should at least have stayed to clap the team off the pitch. They got what they deserved. I stayed to the end to watch my county get beaten 0-24 to 0-4 once, and it was painful, but proper fans do it.

Still, it's unfortunate. It happens with every team but now some are using it as a stick to beat the Seahawks with, as if nobody ever left their team's stadium early.

It's unfortunate but I don't think anyone with even the slightest insight into American sport is reading too much into this. It's a story because of how the Seahawks hype up the importance of "12s", so it's not the fans' fault that they are being put under extra scrutiny. Sure fans even leave early when their team is winning in the states!

And who can forget the fire drill that occurred during the Super Bowl last year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not saying I've any sympathy for them, but the game was all but dead when they threw that last turnover. It had been raining the entire game so most of the crowd would have been soaked.

One to tell the grandkids!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Generally I think its a very american thing. American Football and baseball games can go on for hours, and the length can be very unpredictable too. People come and go.

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Generally I think its a very american thing. American Football and baseball games can go on for hours, and the length can be very unpredictable too. People come and go.

Happens in hockey too even though the lengths are more predictable and the ticket prices higher. All too common I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Hopefully this ball controversy will affect the Patriots mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

OU812 wrote: »
    Hopefully this ball controversy will affect the Patriots mindset.

It most definitely wont. You honestly think the players give a sh1t? If anything all the cheating talk might spur them on to prove to everyone under inflated balls were not the reason we made the bowl etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Great edit from Sunday's game. Voices are Steve Raible and Warren Moon who do the local radio commentary for Hawks games. Raible was on the original '76 Seahawks team and is now a local newscaster/commentator. Warren Moon should need no intro.

http://vimeo.com/117243983

Go Hawks!

giddyup wrote: »
    Great edit from Sunday's game. Voices are Steve Raible and Warren Moon who do the local radio commentary for Hawks games. Raible was on the original '76 Seahawks team and is now a local newscaster/commentator. Warren Moon should need no intro.

http://vimeo.com/117243983

Go Hawks!

Shivers down the spine stuff. What a collection of knife-edge moments.

Given some of the stuff being said around these parts, a repeat in the Superbowl would be sublime.

What an incredible game of football

Injury updates from nfl.com
    Seahawks safety Earl Thomas missed practice with a shoulder injury. This is something to keep an eye on.
    Seahawks guard J.R. Sweezy was also out with an ankle problem. Tackle Justin Britt was back on the practice field and looks ready to play next week.

And confidence is high on Sherman...

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-confident-Richard-Sherman-and-Earl-Thomas-will-be-ready-for-Super-Bowl/2b28286d-1e92-4999-b5c8-be0ec4587b5e

Both Sherman and Thomas should be fit now, which is a big boost.

Get in!

• Advertisement

Lynch gave an interesting interview yesterday re. skittles.
    Ended up throwing them around the place

Expected the NFL to fine him for some reason, unnecessary roughness perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

They're gonna throw yellow skittles at him instead of a flag for "Explicit" celebrations he does when scoring multiple touchdowns on Sunday.

Fine him, or penalise us 15 yards. Wherever the mood takes them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I do like Lynch, from oakland, assume he could easily fall into the trap of so many from the not so good areas.

Smart guy, likes skittles (as do i) seems to be really financially prudent, loves playing football.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is Richardson fit? His gas could come in very handy if the Pats try to stuff the box.

I thought Richardson had an ACL tear and might even miss the start of next season?

Morning all! How are we going to win this? I think it absolutely has to be tight going into halftime (i.e. not a start like against the Packers) and then let Lynch wear them down. Every part of the team will have to be at its best whatever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

2 hours into Superbowl Sunday here. Off to the scratcher before a full day's activities starting in the morning. Enjoy the game fellow 12s. Should be a better spectacle than last year and we can think about the game differently with a Lombardi already in the cabinet.

And it's finally game day

Buzzing

Got my shirt on & listening to Seattle radio online. Great buzz

• Advertisement

Got my t shirt on too. Chip n dip ready. Can't wait!

Advertisement