Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Think I was more nervous last year

Think having a SB in the bag now has some what reduced the nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Think I was more nervous last year

Think having a SB in the bag now has some what reduced the nerves

I should be less nervous, but am somehow more. I think it's the record of our opponents -- they're SB royalty and their scalp would be a massive one. Best of luck all, and enjoy the game, whether in Seattle or elsewhere!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well lads we're nearly there, may the best team win and hopefully this will be a game free from injuries and bad officiating.

Here we go

God speed gents

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Not the best start, Brady play action and quick slants is hammering the Zone coverage every play, somebody has gotta come up big before the half.

• Advertisement

Back in it

Back in it

Keep them to a field goal on the drive and do something with receiving in the 2nd half and it could open up.

I'd always thought if we were level at halftime, we'd take it. Gonna be some second half.

Quick ten point lead

Momentum with us right now

Still shaking my head. What an awful awful awful play and way to lose. Sickened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I know that sick feeling ye have guys.
    Should have ran it with Lynch, crazy to throw.

Ye have a great team though and ye should be proud of them.

So so sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm looking forward to the 12-part reality series following Russell Wilson in his efforts to atone for the INT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I feel for ye boys, such a terrible way to lose, no point going on about that last play, im gutted and im not even a hawkes fan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

What a fun day. Pats outplayed us yet we hung on and had a shot. We can over-analyse that last play but then you need to pick through everything that happened before that. The Kearse catch could have hit the deck. The hand-trip by ? should have been PI etc. etc.

Great game. Hard to argue that we lost to the better team and to a legend of the game capping, in my view, the greatest QB career there has been.

Silver lining...these guys will be absolutely chomping at the bit for next season.

Go Hawks!

Such a crap way to lose

If Lynch had failed to get over from the three remaining downs I'd say fair play to the Patriots, their defence won them the game at the death

But to just throw away the Super Bowl like that

Horrible, just horrible

I woke up hoping it was all a nightmare, but no. I agree, any other way it would have been more acceptable. If we'd failed to get first downs on the last drive it would have been more acceptable. But... still shaking my head.

To next year, I suppose. Maybe Russell will accept a few million less for that and we'll keep the core of the team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Gutted. So close.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well lads hard luck last night. Mystery why Lynch wasn't handed the ball at the end. Ye have a great team and will have plenty of chances to win more Superbowls

How many more years does this team have?

• Advertisement

Time isn't the issue. I know I would be sacrificing a few stand out players to get in a WR1. I hear theres a guy called Dez Bryant available? :pac: That'd be a nice challenge for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Very tough way to lose it -But you could argue that Kearse catch would have been as hard on the Pats. A great game. Hard luck all Hawks.

Marshawn Lynch- free agent

Dear god, get that contract signed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I would imagine it will be Russell Wilson's impending big contract that will have the biggest effect. Big money on Wilson will mean less to spend elsewhere. Having Wilson on his rookie deal for the past few years was a big advantage in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Great game guys, the two best teams this year. Barely anything separated them!

A standout WR would be a nice addition to the team. There was at least one embarrassing moment last night when the Pats rushed 3 and dropped everyone back into man coverage. Wilson looked like a spectator trying to find an open receiver.

Problem is finding an elite WR who will do the donkey work expected under this offensive scheme.

Miller continues to be a big loss to the passing game too, that can't be underestimated.

Ultimately though, Wilson just needs to keep developing as a QB.

Can we afford a quality WR? Regardless, it would be interesting if Matthews develops further.

My head's only stopped shaking today...

I was sitting on the train to work this morning and was still getting annoyed about the game.

After an ending like that you want to get back out there and put it right, next game is too far away!

Anyone reckon losing that Superbowl could actually work out in the long run? Surely has to chip a few million off Wilson's contract demands, and if the negotiations can be done effectively, they could harness his will to redeem himself and convince him that a pay cut (i.e. salary of around $15m) will allow them strengthen everywhere else and get back to the Superbowl asap....

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon losing that Superbowl could actually work out in the long run? Surely has to chip a few million off Wilson's contract demands, and if the negotiations can be done effectively, they could harness his will to redeem himself and convince him that a pay cut (i.e. salary of around $15m) will allow them strengthen everywhere else and get back to the Superbowl asap....

I was thinking it may help keep his salary down. A back to back SB winning QB would probably put a few more $$$ on a contract.

Advertisement