Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good Small animal vet for hamster in west Dublin (Lucan)

• 02-09-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Looking for any recommendations for a vet who can check out/treat Syrian Hamster in Lucan or surrounding area?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

A lot depends on just what is wrong with your hamster. If it's pretty straightforward, as in you just want a checkup or the hamster has mites, any local vet should be able to deal with it. If it's something you think may be more serious I would strongly recommend you make the effort to go out to Bairbre O'Malley in Bray. She really is the standout vet these days for all small exotic pets, and is well worth making the extra trip for her expertise.

I live in Leitrim and travelled out to her to get my ferrets treated when they got old and had serious illnesses, and she gave them both a new lease of life for their last few months that I would not have grudged anything for. So it's only a short hop for you by comparison, and if your hamster has any serious problem you think needs sorting, you would not regret travelling out to Bairbre either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah a few folks have mentioned her to me I'll set up an appointment for Saturday as I can't get off work and make it over to bray before she closes due to traffic etc.

Advertisement