Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for Dentist

Options
  • 02-09-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello - can anybody recommend a good dentist in the city. Have a fear of dentists so need somebody who is gentle and won't give out to me for not going in a while... thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Dr. Paul Moore at the Gate Clinic on Dock Road seems lovely - I had a consultation there today for some big dental work and he was a gentleman. I think the prices might be a little more than in other clinics but I think the nice staff is worth it, tbh. I don't like the dentist much either but I felt very comfortable there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'd recommend James McGovern, on Francis St.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Dr Catriona Long, Cross Street, is really, really nice and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

+1 James McGovern Very Good Dentist

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Hadn't been to a dentist in 25 years so totally understand where you are coming from...

Went to Gerry Gallagher (partner of Caitriona Long mentioned above) - absolute gent and a great dentist - could not recommend highly enough....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I was so totally scared of dentists.Major panick attack,shakes and sweaty palms. Not any more.I go to Asta Reddin just on the bridge,facing the water,by the Bridge Mills. It's down the side of where McIsaacs shop used to be. She is so patient and takes her time with nervous people. I have absolutely no bother going in for any sort of treatment anymore. i would imagine you could google her number fairly handy. Best of luck whatever your choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Liam McGee on Merchants Rd. Sound fella and very good dentist.
    He is also a Jedi which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Birroc wrote: »
    Liam McGee on Merchants Rd. Sound fella and very good dentist.
    He is also a Jedi which is handy.

I cannot recommend this guy enough. A real gentleman and an excellent dentist. I had quite a bit of work done there and he could not have been nicer to me,never passed comment about where I had been for several years and was very understanding about the nerves and very gentle. He's the only dentist I've been to where the injection did not hurt at all, I've even found my time in the chair relaxing there.
    I've tried a few of the other dentists recommended here and this is the one guy I would go to now out of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Recently went to Smiles dentist on middle street. I'm terrified by dentists and they really were super nice. I'd recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Recently went to Smiles dentist on middle street. I'm terrified by dentists and they really were super nice. I'd recommend them to anyone

As a person who has a severe phobia of dentists (sedation bad) i would not recommend them. They were more interested in getting me in and out rather than offering the care i wanted. Also they told me i needed work done which xrays from my current dentist have confirmed i did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Asta Reddin is a great dentist. she is very gentle but thorough

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Alastair Woods (Eyre Square Dental). Absolute gentleman and a fantastic dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Thanks for all the recommendations, have an appointment with James McGovern today, fingers crossed all goes well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement