Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just juiced this

Options
  • 02-09-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Im no cook but this tastes delicious

3 Kale leaves
    1/2 cucumber
    1 stalk of celery
    2 green apples

1170787_10200969503894527_1024232524_n.jpg

Green goodness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've tried with spinach instead of kale and added a lime along with the rest that you mentioned. I'm big into juicing vegetables for breakfast lately.
    Must try with kale (have a bag in the fridge but was saving this for kale chips).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

My favourite juice is carrot, orange and lime. Occasionally I throw a little ginger in there too. Nyom. Think I might make some now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Dunnes Bishopstown have Kale, its scarce enough down this way.

Just in from work, juiced 4 kiwi's, 4 pears and a lemon, zingy

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Very hard to find Kale in Dublin city centre! Moore st and tesco have it for a few months in winter, haven't seen it since! Makes your skin glow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Going to try to get into juicing!! Anyone recommend a juicer to start with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I've used kale in the same juicer, but I get very little juice from it. Tried it in a smoothie once, but it was far too rough. OP - are you using whole kale leaves? I can only get ready chopped kale in the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Cant say if im getting enough juice from kale when I juice it because ive no idea how much I should be getting, the remaining pulp looks dry enough, Tesco Wilton had plenty kale yesterday :-)
    anewme wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a juicer to start with

Philips HR1861/00 juicer, you may be able to get one for 80 euro in PcWorld if they are in stock, this is an excellent juicer, price in Argos is €129.99 but their stock is terrible, forget Harvey Norman, they want well over 130 euro for it, got mine on on offer for under 60 euro, bargain of the year
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/PHILIPS-HR1861-Juicer-Stainless-Steel/301022/134.3

bogman wrote: »

3 Kale leaves
    1/2 cucumber
    1 stalk of celery
    2 green apples

Green goodness

Tried this for breakfast. Good, but I did feel the need to add lime and a bit of ginger. I ended up using a whole bag of kale as 3 leaves barely trickled any juice :)

Going to try to get into juicing!! Anyone recommend a juicer to start with

I got an Anthony Worrall Thompson's Breville JE15 from Argos about 5 years ago. I doubt it's still available as I can't see anyone wanting him to endorse their products anymore.
    It's really good though, and comes with a jug with foam separator. Not too bad to clean, as long as you rinse it right after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've been looking since Sunday to buy a juicer. I want to get either the new Avance Philips one or the one Bogman recommended. There is not a juicer to be had anywhere in Dublin or Kildare!

• Advertisement

I've been looking since Sunday to buy a juicer. I want to get either the new Avance Philips one or the one Bogman recommended. There is not a juicer to be had anywhere in Dublin or Kildare!

Wow, must be the good summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

bogman wrote: »

3 Kale leaves
    1/2 cucumber
    1 stalk of celery
    2 green apples

Green goodness

Really wanna try this one as I hear the benefits of kale are amazing..... But can you taste the cucumber? Hate the taste of cucumber

gg2 wrote: »
    Really wanna try this one as I hear the benefits of kale are amazing..... But can you taste the cucumber? Hate the taste of cucumber

Yes you can. It's quite distinctive, but I love cucumbers anyway. Just omit it so if you like the taste of it.
    Or, you can just add a little vodka to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jerryqu

could you substitute green cabbage -easier to juice- for kale, and get the same nutritious return?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

If anyone in Dublin has any issues with finding kale, McNally's Family Farm stall has it pretty much year round in the temple bar food market on a Saturday.

Costs either €1.50 or €2 a bunch

Advertisement