Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

BTKCgvMIQAATsQY.jpg

spent da money yo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

5CTLrta.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My only problem now stupid international break, have to wait ages now to see him in an Arsenal jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The boards broke down lol

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Who broke the site? Took forever to load :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Arsenal thread meltdown!

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 8m Signing of the summer! Easily! Fantastic player, plays the 'Arsenal way'. Welcome @MesutOzil1088 absolutely buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

viper006 wrote: »
    Yee must be over the moon with this signing. Incredible stuff.

Seen so many comments over the last year from arsenal fans about chelsea and city buying their success and yet not a blink here about blowing 45m on one player. Always respected Wenger for the way he kept Arsenal in the CL places when the likes of city and chelsea spend crazy money but throwing 45m at one player is just crazy. Honestly ruining the competitiveness of the league if something isnt done about these crazy transfers

Hey, the difference is we earned it. We didn't get a dig out from the local government, we didn't get gifted a stadium by big business, we didn't have to sell our souls to the eastern gangsters, we didn't pile the club up with short term debt.

We were patient. We saved. We earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

One particular eejitt decided he was not patient enough to stay for us. :D

He wanted to win bla bla bla. Looks like he won the last silverware he will ever get last season :D:D

The patient dog eats the fattest bone- hope he realises that now:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Smell of Jizz off ye!

Real ambition, according to Ozil, Wenger influential in his decision.
    Very nice summer and start in the league.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any chanvce of a sneaky loan deal or two now I wonder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

The signing of Ozil is absolutely brilliant and am delighted with it but i can't help still feel slightly annoyed that other areas of the team haven't been improved. If we get an injury to Mertesacker or Koscielny we are screwed. We needed cover in the CB area and he hasn't done it. A big name striker would have been nice too so still slightly let down as expected more from today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

As a United fan, so jealous right now. Congratulations on the signing of the summer! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

BTMKbvKIYAEfGTy.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Big factor in him signing

Wenger

The man still has it

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Most assists for club and country since 1 August 2010:

1- Ozil (91).
    2- Messi (82).
    3- Mata (72).
    4- Ribery (60).
    5- Cesc Fabregas (56).

I look forward to Ozil destroying the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its a good window. Not a great window, but an immense improvement on previous years.

Most assists for club and country since 1 August 2010:

1- Ozil (91).
    2- Messi (82).
    3- Mata (72).
    4- Ribery (60).
    5- Cesc Fabregas (56).

I look forward to Ozil destroying the league.

That makes the Bale to Madrid transfer and Ozil going the other way look absolutely ridiculous!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Fabregas is gonna find it very difficult to break into the first team next season.

Wilshere to cazorla, to Walcott, to Ozil... Giroud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Fonze07 wrote: »
    The signing of Ozil is absolutely brilliant and am delighted with it but i can't help still feel slightly annoyed that other areas of the team haven't been improved. If we get an injury to Mertesacker or Koscielny we are screwed. We needed cover in the CB area and he hasn't done it. A big name striker would have been nice too so still slightly let down as expected more from today

I agree with this. weve basically bought one player. a cracking player yeah but what about a striker? we really needed a top front man to come in. the keeper I know nothing about to be honest and with wengers track record with keepers he could turn out to be a major dud.

anyway - welcome ozil! with the way we play he should do an outstanding job for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal have spent more on a single player than Man City and Man United ever have. I've read that 50 times and still can't believe it. Exciting times ahead. Time to plan the next trip to the Emirates to see the man himself :)

Would have liked a striker but wasn't to be

Least we have the cash to go for a works class one in January if needed

We're much more attractive to a top striker now for the next few years with ozil firing in the passes

Net spend of about £30 million and wage bill cut a lot. Bare minimum acceptable to be completely honest. Nice to have someone with Ozil's quality come in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm still amazed that nobody else came in for Ozil. Our new signing is easily the best player in our team. Huge day, now let's hope Giroud stays on his feet till May.

Net spend of about £30 million and wage bill cut a lot. Bare minimum acceptable to be completely honest. Nice to have someone with Ozil's quality come in though.

Step in the right direction

• Advertisement

Step in the right direction

Just about. Repeat the net spend for the next 2 windows and I'll be happy enough. Would've preferred to front-load more though.

Just about. Repeat the net spend for the next 2 windows and I'll be happy enough.

I think we will that's why we didn't go after any second rate strikers

Think we're waiting to go big again

Serious contenders in a couple of years I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I genuinely fear for Woodwards safety after this, the man is going to be in big trouble..

lolololol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Repeat the net spend for the next 2 windows and I'll be happy enough.

No you won't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm still amazed that nobody else came in for Ozil. Our new signing is easily the best player in our team. Huge day, now let's hope Giroud stays on his feet till May.

Best player in the league, not just the team. This is amazing.

I think we will that's why we didn't go after any second rate strikers

Think we're waiting to go big again

Serious contenders in a couple of years I think

Exactly this is just the begining of a new era for Arsenal, and you can be sure Wenger sold that to Ozil to convince him to join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Not only have we just signed Ozil we have just sent out a huge message to the rest of Europe and every team in the EPL that were now serious, were a threat.

Having signed Ozil now other players will look at Arsenal now as an attractive proposition once again and a team who are serious about winning titles. Sponsors will have noticed this aswell you can be sure of that.

It will give our own current players a huge boost morale will be sky high the like of Gnabry and Zelalem will really look up to him.

This signing has nothing but positives for Arsenal on and off the pitch. Im delighted.

I agree that this is a gamechanger, Amy Lawrence is comparing it to Bergkamp.

A brilliant signing. In the next window, we can go again after the likes of Suarez, Rooney and Benzema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When does loan window shut does anyone know?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No you won't...

I will, I won't move the goalposts like a lot of people. One addition of note and people are jizzing themselves, the same people who even yesterday said they expected 3 players. A month ago the standards suggested by those shouting me down for being negative were way above what actually happened and is now deemed to be a good window.

Loving all the players tweeting about Ozil shows already it has given them a lift

Alex Ox-Chamberlain ‏@Alex_OxChambo 2m What a signing that is for us! @MesutOzil1088 Welcome to Arsenal! :D

Someone pinch me.

Mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The players deserve a signing like that.

I just hope and pray that nothing happens to Giroud or one of our centre backs before January. I was hoping after this window we'd be well stocked in the important positions. Not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mixed feelings now. Ozil is a great signing, Flamini is decent. But it's not enough to push for a title challenge, our squad is still too thin and will struggle in Feb/March when the cup knockouts start. Really needed a striker of some sort.

Sucks we didn't get a striker, but screw it I'm delighted. Chelsea only have Torres and Ba to choose from and i can't see either of them outscoring Giroud, Pod (if he recovers) or Theo.

Provided Ozil settles and we're lucky on injuries we won't be far off the pace imo.

jester77 wrote: »
    Mixed feelings now. Ozil is a great signing, Flamini is decent. But it's not enough to push for a title challenge, our squad is still too thin and will struggle in Feb/March when the cup knockouts start. Really needed a striker of some sort.

I feel the same way, we tried and failed to get that marquee striker. Whatever about Suarez, letting Higuain go was a massive mistake. All in all though I'm happy with Flamini and Ozil, it means we are now a force to be reckoned with and there is always our injured players coming back PLUS the January transfer window.

Chin up, today was a great day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Linked with Cabaye...

Sign Ozil instead and piss off Pardew. Well played sir.

The squad:
    Goalkeepers
    Szczesny
    Fabiansky
    Viviano

Defenders:
    Sagna
    Jenkinson
    Gibbs
    Monreal
    Mertesacker
    Vermaelen
    Koscienly

Midfielders:
    Arteta
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Flamini
    Diaby
    Cazorla
    Ozil
    Rosicky
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Frimpong

Wingers and Strikers
    Giroud
    Walcott
    Podolski
    Sanogo
    Miyaichi
    Bendnter

Youngsters:
    Gnabry
    Akpom
    Zelalem
    Bellerin

FearDark wrote: »
    I feel the same way, we tried and failed to get that marquee striker. Whatever about Suarez, letting Higuain go was a massive mistake. All in all though I'm happy with Flamini and Ozil, it means we are now a force to be reckoned with and there is always our injured players coming back PLUS the January transfer window.

Chin up, today was a great day.

I'm estatic, Ill put it this way at the start of the summer had someone asked you can have Suarez, Higuain or Ozil pick one, I would have picked Ozil everyday of the week.

He is a step above the other two. Yes we need a striker an Suarez is class and would have been nice but this is the first giant step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well I still think RVP is better than him, Id have him in the next group with Hazard and Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Some on Twitter (think John Cross is one) saying PSG offered more to Ozil but Wenger convinced him that Arsenal was the place for him. Logically has to have some grains of truth, he's of such quality people had to be in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

just wait to see if he actually lives up to his hype;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well I still think RVP is better than him, Id have him in the next group with Hazard and Mata

I don't think Hazard or Mata are at the same level as Ozil personally.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement