Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jesus Christ, they're not saying that it's a sure thing that will lose after every champions league game but surely it has to have some sort of toll either mentally or physically, especially when our injuries limit any rotation.

United have had as many injuries as we had over the last few years so have other teams.
    Saying that players are too tired to compete is a lame excuse in my opinion.
    I just don't buy that at all. We always seem to play badly against United even when we haven't had European games and that's why I think it's a mentality thing or else they are being bullied out of it. I have noticed that some of our players don;'t seem to want to compete against United at times BUT maybe i'm imagining that too.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

BY9gBEJCMAAC8Xr.png:large

:eek:

When betting forum access is simply not enough. :D

FearDark wrote: »
    I'm just throwing this out there... How would ye feel about having Gunnersauras on the bench instead of Bendtner. I feel overall he would offer more than Nicklas and he's one for the future.

This suggestion deserves a poll at the very least. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This suggestion deserves a poll at the very least. :)

He's a little too slow for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    ozil hasn't been left out of the german squad at all - i think they're accessing him though

Accessing him?

Confirmed! Ozil is a robot! I knew it all along..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I like this interlull.

The last few years they seem to have come at ****e times for us but I think a break now might be good for the team.

Ha ha i can nearly imagine Angela Merkel bringing Mert over to Ireland with her to knock on doors and collect debts someday

"Time to pay up little pixie heads":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ha ha i can nearly imagine Angela Merkel bringing Mert over to Ireland with her to knock on doors and collect debts someday

"Time to pay up little pixie heads":D

haha innit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Rumour on Twitter is that both Walcott AND Podolski will be back for Southampton. Probably rubbish but be brilliant to have both back. Wasn't expecting to see Lukas until December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

greendom wrote: »
    Rumour on Twitter is that both Walcott AND Podolski will be back for Southampton. Probably rubbish but be brilliant to have both back. Wasn't expecting to see Lukas until December.

Don't see why it'd be rubbish Wenger said they'd both be back by around that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Walcott will probably get the usual 71 minutes v Southampton to send Luke Shaw home in tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Jenkinson played for the England U21's tonight against Finland; a country he also represented at U-21 level as-well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-ponder-edin-dzeko-transfer-2792509

wanted us to sign him since last January, would be brilliant for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-ponder-edin-dzeko-transfer-2792509

wanted us to sign him since last January, would be brilliant for us.

Would certainly take him but again can't see City selling him to us at all, if were still up there challenging which I think we will be come the January transfer window there is no way they are going to sell him to a direct rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I also don't see city selling him but he would be exactly what we need. Dzeko and Giroud would make a formidable front two if they were played together as well! It would give us a lot more options if plan A wasn't working in a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i'd be delighted with Dzeko, its unlikey though that City would shift him on to us, and he's also on 160k a week so he might have to take a pay cut.
    But he's a very very good striker, he just hasn't really gotten a decent run in that city side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

It gets really quiet during the old interlulls so Just wanted to remind everyone

We are top of the league

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It gets really quiet during the old interlulls so Just wanted to remind everyone

We are top of the league

I've forgotten what a football looks like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

its so quiet in here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Any news whether Ozil starts tonight or not? Hoping he gets a rest.

If brutally honest I have been disappointed with him the last 3/4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Any news whether Ozil starts tonight or not? Hoping he gets a break.

I read that a completely different way to the way you implied. Only realized what you meant after reading the second line. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I read that a completely different way to the way you implied. Only realized what you meant after reading the second line. :o

Yup, read that back and not good. Changed it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wilshere starts for England in a friendly against Chile. They could have at least given him until the 2nd friendly...

Hes not getting enough protection imo, from them or Arsenal. All far to keen to see him back at his best and not looking at the long term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

AdamD wrote: »
    Wilshere starts for England in a friendly against Chile. They could have at least given him until the 2nd friendly...

Hes not getting enough protection imo, from them or Arsenal. All far to keen to see him back at his best and not looking at the long term.

Wilshere will never be right if he's continually rushed back. FFS.

rather he plays tonight and gets the week off

Any news whether Ozil starts tonight or not? Hoping he gets a rest.

He's definitely not been at his best recently and I think he's still adjusting to the different tempo of the Premier League. Quite telling was his tweet about the Liverpool game bring like an F1 race. On the bright side apart from the Man U game (where he was carrying a virus) he always seems to make a telling contribution.

Raf32 wrote: »
    rather he plays tonight and gets the week off

Knowing England he'll play both

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Theo really doesn't hold back on Van Persie in his new book, another little extract is doing the rounds on twitter.

BZIQiQKIYAAMUFG.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

CatInABox wrote: »
    Theo really doesn't hold back on Van Persie in his new book, another little extract is doing the rounds on twitter.

Safe to say he wasn't playing with the full deck :pac:

That's brilliant :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I always did like Theo

Well Kos will be nicely rested for the Southampton game after getting sent of for France. Gave away a pen too which I thought was unlucky but I need to see it again.

greendom wrote: »
    Well Kos will be nicely rested for the Southampton game after getting sent of for France. Gave away a pen too which I thought was unlucky but I need to see it again.

Not like Kos to make a bad tackle and get sent off...

FearDark wrote: »
    Not like Kos to make a bad tackle and get sent off...

No the sending off was 10 minutes later. He pushed a Ukraine player high on the chest, who, of course, went down like a sack of potatoes. Kos had to go for the push but the player really milked it. He too, got sent off a couple of minutes later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope no Arsenal players were injured tonight. Any word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

I really don't know but I got to give to you, you are one passionate Arsenal Fan- kudos to you and I genuinely mean that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

CatInABox wrote: »

Thats really cringey to read, I never heard stories like that before about rvp

Why does Theo have two books out in fairness so young? less books and more concentration on his own game please, can tell the stories at the end of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So RVP is sleazy,

Rapists can also share that trait I'm told. Its a good thing he never raped anyone. Ever. Ever. Ever.

*I really don't think he raped anybody. Ever.

• Advertisement

That's the only reason to keep an eye on International Football IMO.

Would be surprised if Koscienly plays for France again anytime soon. This makes me happy

Would be surprised if Koscienly plays for France again anytime soon. This makes me happy

Hopefully they think they need to try something different in the 2nd leg and play benz instead of giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

dvemail wrote: »

Great news, now lets get Bacary a contract extension please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Great news, now lets get Bacary a contract extension please!

Mertesacker is next lined up apparently

on sagna, there's stories of milan going after david santon because abate is going to arsenal

Really could do with an Italian or two at the club.

Dunno why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Mertesacker is next lined up apparently

on sagna, there's stories of milan going after david santon because abate is going to arsenal

Abate would be a great signing, really liked him throughout the years, still Sagna is back to his usual top form and one of our better performers this season, really want him to stay on even though Abate is few years younger and arguably better than Sagna, personally I think they are equally good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Koscielny had an eventful evening for France yesterday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Abate would be a smashing signing for us, he is like a clone of Zambrotta. Real top class full back who bombs up and down the wing all game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement