Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Abate would be a great signing, really liked him throughout the years, still Sagna is back to his usual top form and one of our better performers this season, really want him to stay on even though Abate is few years younger and arguably better than Sagna, personally I think they are equally good

i know nothing about him really, he's out of contract in the summer though, so that'll suit arsenal down to the ground :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    Wilshere starts for England in a friendly against Chile. They could have at least given him until the 2nd friendly...

Hes not getting enough protection imo, from them or Arsenal. All far to keen to see him back at his best and not looking at the long term.
    FearDark wrote: »
    Wilshere will never be right if he's continually rushed back. FFS.

this is what wenger wanted apparently, giving him game time then a week to recover

& Ozil is being left of the germany team for the england game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Would really like Sagna to sign and get another RB in. Think Sagna could do the job Maldini did for Milan in his last few seasons by playing at CB. Bacs could cover CB and RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey out tonight with the flu and no game for Wales midweek so he will be well rested for next saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ramsey out tonight with the flu and no game for Wales midweek so he will be well rested for next saturday.

Fixed it for you...
    Jokes aside it is good news. Let the guy have some rest.
    Watched Ukraine-France last night and I hope Giroud will be rested for next leg - the way Ukrainians are playing it is injury waiting game. Surprised nothing nasty happened last night. And we definitely do not want Giroud to get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

CatInABox wrote: »
    Theo really doesn't hold back on Van Persie in his new book, another little extract is doing the rounds on twitter.

BZIQiQKIYAAMUFG.jpg:large

That's fake, he doesn't have a new book coming out.

Santi scored tonight too, hopefully he can get his form together for us.

Saw this on twitter so thought i would post it since we are all checking :pac:

international duty: Rosicky (rested), Vermaelen (90), Szczesny (rested), Ozil (30), Per (rested), Giroud (70), Koscielny (90), Sagna (rested), Wilshere (70), Gibbs (rested), Monreal (rested), Cazorla (60), Ramsey (rested), Bendtner (60).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

God Damn thats such a shame if true, I agree on the directness part. Ox, Walcott and Gnarby are really the only ones in the squad that bring that and it's sorely needed against some teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Found this article on Arsenal's injury list over the years and found it interesting.
    At least they are trying to solve the crisis ---

http://www.arsenalreport.com/editorial/misfortune-myth-or-neglect-arsenals-injury-problems-investigated/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Want him gone, can't believe he is still at the club, one thing Wenger made a balls of in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bendtner is deluded, seriously deluded! I hope to god he is sold to anyone in Jan, someone with his kind of attitude is poison to a team.

FFS lads this Bendtner hating is getting ridiculous, I mean yeah he's crap, but lets at least show some skepticism when the source is the daily fail.

The article they cite and where he originally gave the interview is here.

They asked him if he could play for any team in the world where would he go. Not where he actually thinks he is going.

Angriberen afslører også, at han gerne vil skifte til Real Madrid eller Barcelona, hvis han selv kunne bestemme. Sagt med et smil på læben.

Loose translation:

The striker also reveals that he would like to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, if he could chose by himself. Said with a smile on the lips.

Thank god, no more international breaks until March, the Gunners playing 2-3 times a week straight through until then over the Christmas = perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Thank god, no more international breaks until March, the Gunners playing 2-3 times a week straight through until then over the Christmas = perfect!

Jebus I hope not....... I assume you mean 1-2 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jaafa wrote: »
    FFS lads this Bendtner hating is getting ridiculous, I mean yeah he's crap, but lets at least show some skepticism when the source is the daily fail.

The article they cite and where he originally gave the interview is here.

They asked him if he could play for any team in the world where would he go. Not where he actually thinks he is going.

Loose translation:

The striker also reveals that he would like to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, if he could chose by himself. Said with a smile on the lips.

I have a little bit of sympathy for him :pac:

It seems the majority of the quotes that he is regularly beaten with are either badly translated or out of context.

That said, he is shîte and needs to leave.

ronjo wrote: »
    Jebus I hope not....... I assume you mean 1-2 times?

1-2 most times, but over the xmas 2-3, thank god :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭G1032

Hamstring strain...........Should be OK though...........
    http://news.arseblog.com/2013/11/ramsey-reveals-hamstring-issue/

Reports in france say benzema to start tomorrow with giroud on the bench, absolutely brilliant news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Definitely great news. Having a striker who plays for national team is great news, but having the only striker - not so. I already said this will be a big fight, bigger than the last one, so good to see him and Koscielny out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DenMan wrote: »

Hope Giroud pulls a sickie. The English lads used to do it all the time!

Never understood why anyone other than a goalkeeper would want to play in long sleeves rather than short.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Never understood why anyone other than a goalkeeper would want to play in long sleeves rather than short.

Apparently Arsenal have a traditional policy where the team has to wear the same length sleeves as the club captains choice. In this case Verm was wearing long sleeves so therefore the whole outfield matchday squad must wear them. Im not so sure about the goalkeeper in that regard whether he has to follow suit.

Personally i would agree with you though. Short sleeves all the way for me

Per having his ticket checked on the underground tonight :pac:
    BZZJ9AgCcAARs8p.jpg:large

Per having his ticketed checked on the underground tonight :pac:

Ha ha he was probably on the way back from Downing street after collecting debts for Merkel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its a non story but I cant say I agree with Flamini on that. What I love about Arsenal is how traditional the club is. Really cant see why he didnt just roll them up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Apparently Arsenal have a traditional policy where the team has to wear the same length sleeves as the club captains choice. In this case Verm was wearing long sleeves so therefore the whole outfield matchday squad must wear them. Im not so sure about the goalkeeper in that regard whether he has to follow suit.

Stupidest rule ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seaneh wrote: »
    Stupidest rule ever.

It mentions this :
    It didn’t help that the shirts were ones with a poppy on, that are sometimes auctioned off to raise money for charity

On match day the players usually have another jersey to choose from, why not auction that off for charity?

Its a load of tripe TBH and that wearing the same length sleeves as the captain is OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

not just arsenal but most clubs have that and it is not a policy as per say but just a tradition in english football clubs. even sunday league teams do that.

Surely you lot know this?

Never heard of it before in my life, and it's stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

not just arsenal but most clubs have that and it is not a policy as per say but just a tradition in english football clubs. even sunday league teams do that.

Doesnt happen at Chelsea anyway.

Any Sunday league team I've seen have had long sleeves but must people just roll up the sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

maximoose wrote: »

i've heard of it loads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

It doesn't happen at 'most clubs' at all :confused: Majority of players wear short sleeves, therefore majority of captains were short sleeves which matches the rest of the team. Has nothing to do with them choosing to match their captain.

Wait for another few weeks when the weather is colder and more people will choose to wear long sleeves although in recent years more players choose to wear long sleeve under armour and keep a short sleeve jersey for comfort reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think it's a great tradition tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im pretty sure Vieira started this at Arsenal, where the captain decided what length sleeve to wear.

Flamini used to nearly always roll up his sleeves.

maximoose wrote: »

Knew it was an Arsenal thing but didn't know other clubs apparently did the same.

What is the argument in favour of wearing the long sleeves?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What is the argument in favour of wearing the long sleeves?

what's the argument in wearing short ones? :pac:

We're talking about sleeves. Fúcking sleeves.

God damn you international break!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what's the argument in wearing short ones? :pac:

Gallas claimed that it made the players run more. Might have a point there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

long sleeves mother****ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus a discussion on long or short sleeve jerseys roll on Saturday :pac:.

Think Southampton will be a very tough game and excited to hopefully see the return of Walcott with Podolski not far behind.

Feel sorry for Chamberlain was hoping this could be his real breakout season but as is becoming Arsenal tradition young player suffers injury which put him out and hampers his development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So not many Arsenal starters tonight. Metersacker for sure. Sczezney, Rosicky, Cazorla perhaps; anyone know for sure ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Jasus a discussion on long or short sleeve jerseys roll on Saturday :pac:.
    Sickening. Much rather talk about Saturday's game.

So what size sleeves do ye reckon we'll wear on Saturday? :pac:

greendom wrote: »
    So not many Arsenal starters tonight. Metersacker for sure. Sczezney, Rosicky, Cazorla perhaps; anyone know for sure ?

Belgium play Japan tonight so maybe Vermaelen (calf injury assessment.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DenMan wrote: »
    Belgium play Japan tonight so maybe Vermaelen (calf injury assessment.)

They've not gone out to the far East have they ?

greendom wrote: »
    They've not gone out to the far East have they ?

No. It's in Brussels (King Baudouin Stadium). KO: 8PM GMT

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Belgium-vs-Japan-Live-Stream-Team-News-and-Match-Preview-201311190012/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement