Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

In the German national team everyone's position is constantly under threat they have that much quality ;).

In fairness Mert is both head and shoulders above most of em. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Anyone tell me what the story with chamberlain is? Fully expected him to be a guaranteed first team starter by now yet he's always been in an out really.

think he could do with a loan spell at another EPL club tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

slingerz wrote: »
    Anyone tell me what the story with chamberlain is? Fully expected him to be a guaranteed first team starter by now yet he's always been in an out really.

Hes been injured all season..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

slingerz wrote: »

I don't agree. He's brilliant and I think he would have gotten a lot of starts this season, had he not injured himself.

Really looked great against Villa before he came off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

walcott back in the squad
    rosicky test tommorrow
    podolski ~3 weeks
    ryo - out for sat. - thank god :pac:
    chamberlain - 1 month
    sanogo - january
    diaby - march - or the 12th of never

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-who-s-fit-to-face-saints-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seemingly a quote from Draxler after the England - Germany game.

Draxler:
    "I have always said English teams are very big clubs and Arsenal is of course one of them. We'll see what happens this summer."
    "Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always tell me nice things."
    "You never know what happens in the summer but Arsenal is a very, very nice team."
    "They always have very young players, they play attractive football and that’s what I like."

wilshere is going to be assessed too according to john cross after getting kicked on the ankle vs germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    wilshere is going to be assessed too according to john cross after getting kicked on the ankle vs germany

Apparently Woy played him in both games after agreeing with Wenger that he would only be used in one game :mad:

batistuta9 wrote: »

Both Wilshere and Wenger have come out and said that's not true

Apparently Woy played him in both games after agreeing with Wenger that he would only be used in one game :mad:
    AdamD wrote: »
    Both Wilshere and Wenger have come out and said that's not true

yeah i seen that j.cross story before one on the club site with wenger.
    wenger said they agree to have him start 1 & be on the bench the other and that he has no injury

but last week there were stories that wenger wanted him to have the full week off, playing against chile just.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Draxler plays LWF? Correct?

I'm all for it but then every week you'd have to drop two of Arteta, Flamini, Rambo, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, Draxler.

Not to mention Wilshire, Rosicky, Pod, Ox.

Getting a bit rediculous.

However Arteta, Rosicky, Pod won't be around for too much longer so it makes sense that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gosplan wrote: »
    Draxler plays LWF? Correct?

I'm all for it but then every week you'd have to drop two of Arteta, Flamini, Rambo, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, Draxler.

Not to mention Wilshire, Rosicky, Pod, Ox.

Getting a bit rediculous.

However Arteta, Rosicky, Pod won't be around for too much longer so it makes sense that way.

Isnt LWF essentially the opposite position Walcott usually plays?

Dont see how that affects the likes of Arteta, Flamini etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Draxler is a fantastic player but we are so well stocked in midfield it would be crazy to strengthen still further in that area when we are so under-staffed up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Before ozil it made sense, not anymore unless someone big on the way out which I can't imagine at this time. Even then it's still a stretch. Unless Wenger plans on doing a barca and playing no striker at all!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Isnt LWF essentially the opposite position Walcott usually plays?

Dont see how that affects the likes of Arteta, Flamini etc.

That's where Cazorla plays, pushes him back to midfield to compete with Ozil for the AMF role. That means Rambo will never play there or wide so he's taking one of Arteta/Flamini spots.

Basically there's 6 positions that you have to pick

Flamini/Arteta
    Arteta/Rambo
    Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla
    Walcott/Ozil
    Cazorla/Draxler

But it probably equates better to

Two spots for Arteta, Flamini, Rambo
    Three spots for Walcott, Caz, Ozil, Draxler

I'm saying by all means get Draxler but I'd be a bit peeved if we spent 45 million on a selection headache rather than a brilliant striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »

Just came here to post that terrific interview you can really feel his enthusiasm for this season and sense the boost Ozil signing gave all the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Thank f*** only Friday to get through and we're back to business ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

That's where Cazorla plays, pushes him back to midfield to compete with Ozil for the AMF role. That means Rambo will never play there or wide so he's taking one of Arteta/Flamini spots.

Flamini/Arteta
    Arteta/Rambo
    Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla
    Walcott/Ozil
    Cazorla/Draxler

I'm saying by all means get Draxler but I'd be a bit peeved if we spent 45 million on a selection headache rather than a brilliant striker

Totally agree. Draxler's a super player but at who's expense??

He doesn't give us anything 'new/different' than what we already possess. Brilliant prospect and a future Cazorla replacement in an ideal world but two things: Santi aint old and not many are worth a 45 MILLION upgrade on Cazorla.

Who is better: Draxler or Di Maria***?? Draxler in my mind in terms of ability and potential no question.

Who would be better for Arsenal?? Di Maria*** in my mind for what he offers in the difference to the team - balance, unpredictability, etc.

*** Note: Di Maria or similar styled player (just picked him given previous links)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

unless we get C ronaldo, no point getting another midfielder in. we need a Suarez in this team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone take Thierry back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Raf32 wrote: »

No, Thierry came back once and it was magic, that's the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

No, As much as we adore King Henry, he's not the same he's been playing in pensioner's league now for a good while and has lost the pace. I don't want the memories of King struggling. But when he hangs up his boots definitely in some coaching role... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Flamini/Arteta
    Arteta/Rambo
    Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla
    Walcott/Ozil
    Cazorla/Draxler

You are also forgetting that the Ox (on return from injury) and Gnabry (if he continues his current path) will be competing for two of those positions, as will Podolski.

Unless Podolski is seen as a Giroud replacement, I agree that we are in greater need of a striker unless one of Sanogo/Afobe/Akpom/Campbell comes good really quickly.

i'd say the boss will try for Benzema or Llorente in Jan, if we can't get those guys he'll stick with Pod and Theo as backup to Giroud in the CF role.
    I'd rather he spent big on quality than spent medium on a flop, if we can't get a giroud improvement in jan then he should wait till summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Henry before Bendtner I say. He would offer more.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Yes. Can't be any worse than Bendtner. If it doesn't work out his legacy isn't tarnished.

Real would be mad to sell Benzema in january but this is Real we are talking about so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Yes. Can't be any worse than Bendtner. If it doesn't work out his legacy isn't tarnished.

Well that's true, he can't be worse than that donkey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

imtdub wrote: »
    No, As much as we adore King Henry, he's not the same he's been playing in pensioner's league now for a good while and has lost the pace. I don't want the memories of King struggling. But when he hangs up his boots definitely in some coaching role... :D

His better then bendter.

Sod it. even Ian Wright is better then Bendter.

BRING BACK IAN WRIGHT!!

I'd rather akpomb or sanogo than bendy

Sanogo's a myth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Bellerin gone on loan to Watford for the rest of the season. until January.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Flamini/Arteta
    Arteta/Rambo
    Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla
    Walcott/Ozil
    Cazorla/Draxler

Wilshere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

imtdub wrote: »
    Well that's true, he can't be worse than that donkey...

Take that back!!

There are plenty of usefull donkeys in this world, don't be tarnishing them all by comparing them with him :mad:

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Sanogo's a myth

Scored 60 goals for me in one season in football manager, SIXTY!
    Boy's a superstar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Scored 60 goals for me in one season in football manager, SIXTY!
    Boy's a superstar!

Bendtner was a 30 goal a season striker for me at one time :pac:

Wilshere?

I made that point at the start.

I'm simply listing the players that we can't pick between right now.

You've also Wilshire, Rosicky who's been fantastic this season, Ox, and Pod.

I thought this place would be mad today but no posts at all.
    Does anyone know if we are on t.v. today?
    Plus any word of team selection?
    Come on you Gooners.

Anyone know a Gooner friendly bar in Manchester? Need to find somewhere to watch the match today.

If we win, we'd be doing well. A draw is quite likely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

I thought this place would be mad today but no posts at all.
    Does anyone know if we are on t.v. today?
    Plus any word of team selection?
    Come on you Gooners.

We are on Setanta today

Defense and attack picks itself.

Midfield hopefully Arteta, Flamini,Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and if things not going well bring on Theo for Flamini.

ironkiwi wrote: »
    We are on Setanta today

Midfield hopefully Arteta, Flamini,Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and if things not going well bring on Theo for Flamini.

Flamini is suspended today.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We are on Setanta today

Setanta Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Even given Southampton's current form, I think this is a game we should be expecting to win. I'd be very surprised if Southampton finish the season any higher than 7th or 8th.

A draw and I'll be disappointed, are we looking to finish top 4 or first?? Need to win games like this.

We are on Setanta today

Need width. Arteta and Ramsey in the middle. Cazorla, Ozil and Gnabry.

Walcott to come off the bench. Ramsey wasted on the right and we are easy defended against with himself and Cazorla coming in rather than going out so hopefully we go with Gnabry.

We are on Setanta today

Balls!

Eircom got rid of the SportsHub.

Gonna have to head down for a pint now :mad:

Balls!

Eircom got rid of the SportsHub.

Gonna have to head down for a pint now :mad:

Oh no!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland?

Nearly sure its on Setanta Ireland. Gonna be a tough one today but see us coming through thos one after our break, hopefully Ozil can show some of his spark today.

Come on you gooners!

Nearly sure its on Setanta Ireland. Gonna be a tough one today but see us coming through thos one after our break, hopefully Ozil can show some of his spark today.

Really hope we see him show his class and be the difference today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement