Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought the game was tomorrow so a nice surprise.

It's an odd fixture. Normally I'd expect 3 points and nothing less, but Southampton are in great form so far this season. A draw wouldn't be a disaster, but is far from ideal.

I think we should win, but won't be too annoyed if we draw.... unless we hammer them and should win by five or six, but only draw. Then I'll be annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Our subs bench is slowly getting stronger and stronger. At least now we have a few realistic options on the bench in Rosicky and Walcott if we need goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Walcott, Gnabry, Bendtner

Everton just equalised!!

Ah no.

Purely Football ‏@PurelyFootball 26s

BREAKING: Arsenal v Southampton may be delayed by 30 minutes due to problems on Piccadilly Line. Announcement to be made at 2.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thats the starting 11 i'd pick for today.

Well done Arsene.

From the BBC, late kickoff at the Arsenal match.
    There is a possible delay to kick-off because of broken rail on the Piccadilly line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25051734 Its half way down the page.

3-2 COME ON THE TOFFIES!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

lukaku you beauty!

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 31s

Kick off officially delayed #arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

my concern today is that Southampton has only conceived 5 goals in 10 games. Even though they have conceived in their last two fixtures, it's still very impressive.
    We need to keep a clean sheet or not fall behind on the score, because it will prove difficult to break them.

An early goal would be really great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's far too much conceiving for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

AdamD wrote: »
    That's far too much conceiving for my liking

Unless Giroud is involved, then it's beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

no match day thread?

Oh fcuk brilliant from Wilshere so close.

quite good so far.
    I hope Wenger brings in Walcott for the last 20-25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Irish Aris wrote: »
    quite good so far.
    I hope Wenger brings in Walcott for the last 20-25 minutes.

hes bound to, with shaw having a bad game wally could give him the roasting treatment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

well would u believe it lads.

i got back to my wife a few weeks ago and guess what? we lose against United!

Today i officially had enough of her **** and we both agreed its time to end it for sure and guess what?

we ****ING WON!!!!

YEAH COME ON ARSENAL!!!! WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE TITLE SO LONG AS I NEVER GET BACK TO MY WIFE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Very happy with that. Defence was solid throughout, Woj did very well whenever called upon and looks really reliable right now. Gibbs had a very good game, which he needed as hes been average recently imo. 90 minutes for Wilshere, Walcott back, clean sheet, HFB scoring, all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Three points playing well below par is great.
    We have to wrap Giroud in cotton wool because if he's injured we are in trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mert when he won that penalty *shakes fist yeessssssssssss* Love that.

Giroud was class, great to see theo back, Rosisky should be starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

well would u believe it lads.

i got back to my wife a few weeks ago and guess what? we lose against United!

Today i officially had enough of her **** and we both agreed its time to end it for sure and guess what?

we ****ING WON!!!!

YEAH COME ON ARSENAL!!!! WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE TITLE SO LONG AS I NEVER GET BACK TO MY WIFE!!!
    Have you a Spurs mate you can set her up with?

• Advertisement

Three points playing well below par is great.
    We have to wrap Giroud in cotton wool because if he's injured we are in trouble.

You keep saying that for the last couple of months. Is this your lucky charm now?? :D

281658.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One of Man City or Spuds guaranteed to drop points too, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

FearDark wrote: »
    Mert when he won that penalty *shakes fist yeessssssssssss* Love that.

Giroud was class, great to see theo back, Rosisky should be starting.

true, he looked great when he came on. There was talk of him being ill before the game though.

We had Theo, Rosicky , Flamini, Gnabry, Monreal and Verm not starting today.

The depth is coming back

Hammers grab a draw against Chelsea and it'll be a good day!

If only we had signed Ricky Lambert:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's an excellent win.

By excellent I mean we were far from our best and still won comfortably. :)

Win against Marseille, seal CL qualification and get set for Cardiff next weekend.

Think getting knocked out of the League Cup so early was a good thing for us.

Can anyone answer why Ozil isn't playing near as well as he was at Real?

Is he still adapting?

Anyways, I'd imagine the game is a lot easier when you have CR running all over the place banging goals in for fun :pac:

• Advertisement

Is he still adapting?

Anyways, I'd imagine the game is a lot easier when you have CR running all over the place banging goals in for fun :pac:

Sneaky bid for CR7 so :pac:

If he stays like that and we are winning its ok.

If we start losing and he is playing poorly then it becomes problem

Come on have patience and be bit less harsh on him.

He is adapting to a new league and new team these things take time the EPL is very different to La Liga much more physical, plus he is playing no were near as bad as some are making out had some good moments today and has done well for his first few months.

I think people always get unrealistic expectations of a player when they come with a high price tag and no matter how good a player is for the first few months some fans will always question.

Had a good chance on goal self made today and almost set up Ramsey for a terrific goal.

Come on have patience and be bit less harsh on him.

Jaysus, I couldn't have been less harsh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He's still settling in and even though he's not at the top of his game right now he still creates a few chances in every game.

Majority of his play is on the right wing also. Not exactly his prime position.
    With Theo back, we will have an out and out right winger which will allow Ozil more freedom to roam the centre of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I think Ozil has been great. Not as amazing as he was at Real Madrid but he has slotted in and created a lot.

The problem is that a lot of people expected him to become our star player, but we've too many great individuals now for that to be the case.

Jaysus, I couldn't have been less harsh.

You have a tendency to jump on players undeservedly so ;). Give Ozil time and he is playing no were near as bad as you have made out a few times.

You have a tendency to jump on players undeservedly so ;). Give Ozil time and he is playing no were near as bad as you have made out a few times.

What are you on about?

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

It's written in English try reading it slowly and breaking down the syllables you might get it :P

It's written in English try reading it slowly and breaking down the syllables you might get it :P

I haven't been overly critical of Ozil so stop being a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Home against Marseille, Arsenal have a huge chance to build on their momentum, like how they did it earlier this season with big wins in Marseille and against Napoli.

Then:

Cardiff (A)
    Hull (H)
    Everton (H)

Such a big opportunity to keep building before the huge double-header against City and Chelsea; where they still have a very good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Home against Marseille, Arsenal have a huge chance to build on their momentum, like how they did it earlier this season with big wins in Marseille and against Napoli.

Then:

Cardiff (A)
    Hull (H)
    Everton (H)

Such a big opportunity to keep building before the huge double-header against City and Chelsea; where they still have a very good chance.

Win the three of them and draw the two bigger games or even win one and lose one and we would still be top, very doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ozil isn't a player who will take 3 or 4 players on and score from outside the box, he is more of a player who spots runs and lays balls on.

At the moment we don't have any real runners but hopefully it will change with theo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Have you a Spurs mate you can set her up with?

She probably already has behind my back hench spurs being crap this season lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pretty much a third of the season done and we'll be four clear regardless of tomorrow's results. Who'd have thought it before we got Özil? Just signing him seems to have been a turning point, and he has yet to reach the levels he is capable of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Pretty much a third of the season done and we'll be four clear regardless of tomorrow's results. Who'd have thought it before we got Özil? Just signing him seems to have been a turning point, and he has yet to reach the levels he is capable of!

In fairness we had a great run from last Christmas to the end of the league.
    Ozil was not here then but I do think his presence has had a very positive effect on the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

In fairness we had a great run from last Christmas to the end of the league.
    Ozil was not here then but I do think his presence has had a very positive effect on the rest.

He is drawing so many players towards him its giving space to the other lads. Think it might have a small bit to do with Ramseys good season so far too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ozil will need time to find his feet lads like his fellow country men in Mert and Pod took time to settle, he is an exceptional talent and is going to be an Arsenal legend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

A tricky assignment passed although what the hell was Boruc at?
    3 more points so happy days

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement