Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Podolski has been very underwhelming at CF for us so far but he'd be a better option than Bendtner I guess. Still think we need a top forward in Jan if we want to win the league.

Also, on the CL, Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG and Atletico look like topping their groups. No way do we want to finish second, it's definitely important this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pudders wrote: »
    Correct. Its on ITV so Sky pretends its not on!

I'll be there freezing my [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL] off! Lets hope 3 points warm me up!

You can't really blame Sky for not advertising a game they're not showing. No other channel would !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Podolski has been very underwhelming at CF for us so far but he'd be a better option than Bendtner I guess. Still think we need a top forward in Jan if we want to win the league.

Also, on the CL, Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG and Atletico look like topping their groups. No way do we want to finish second, it's definitely important this year.

With a bit of pace. I dont know how many times the ball has been played in behind Giroud and he just cant get to it. Even before some pretty slow centre backs!

jonny666 wrote: »
    With a bit of pace. I dont know how many times the ball has been played in behind Giroud and he just cant get to it. Even before some pretty slow centre backs!

Now Walcott's back that shouldn't be such an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

puddy u going to the game? SAME HERE!!!

cant wait. have had such a **** few months really. the end is near. the sooner i sort it out the better so i can take my dream trip to Vietnam on my own next year..

Hoping for a win to put a smile back in my face.
    Vietnam is brillant. I went after a break up too and there was certainly lots to distract me.

Till then just make do with the arsenal being top of the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Bendtner's comment on the incident is pretty priceless :pac:

"On Saturday night after our win against Southampton I went out with my family and friends for dinner. After our dinner we all wanted a night swim in my gym so we changed to shorts and brought towels down. As we arrived at the gym my key fob changed the colour from red (locked) to green (open) but the door remained closed. We thought the door was stuck so we tried to open it and it caused some damage."

greendom wrote: »
    Now Walcott's back that shouldn't be such an issue.

Thats true. Id still like some more pace in the team tho. Giroud is one of the slowest mo fo's around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Vietnam is brillant. I went after a break up too and there was certainly lots to distract me.

Till then just make do with the arsenal being top of the league!

quality thanks

Thats true. Id still like some more pace in the team tho. Giroud is one of the slowest mo fo's around

True, his other qualities compensate for that though. Ozil- Walcott - Girkud could be a deadly combination in the weeks and months to come !

• Advertisement

True, his other qualities compensate for that though. Ozil- Walcott - Girkud could be a deadly combination in the weeks and months to come !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

If he had pace then you would have been looking at a much greater transfer fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Have to face them at some point if we want to win. Second round or semi finals, all the same.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have to face them at some point if we want to win. Second round or semi finals, all the same.
    Facing teams like that 3 times isn't the same as facing them twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ah he isn't that slow, definitely not in the emile heskey bracket.

his hold up play really is second to none. And something which I didnt notice too much last year, but his work rate is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ah he isn't that slow, definitely not in the emile heskey bracket.
    Heskey wasnt slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I chuckle when I see Giroud sprinting. he hits his top speed so quickly but then nothing.

I think he's great, and from what I've seen of how the players react to him he is very highly regarded in the squad. He must be fantastic to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

astonaidan wrote: »
    Heskey wasnt slow

Your right of coarse, he was just shiite ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Heskey wasnt slow

Are you referring to Heskey's physical speed or his mental capacity?

Either way he is slow.

During his Leicster has he was pretty sharp in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

how the hell did the conversation turn into Heskey? jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Team for tonight Lads? Fancy Rosicky and probably Flamini to come in. Maybe Walcott. Keeper and back four pick themselves.
    Arteta Flamini

Ramsey Ozil Rosicky

Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I reckon Vermaelen or Monreal will play but not both.

If Rosicky isn't 100%, he won't play. Flamini will surely start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I think that Theo will start tonight

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I reckon Vermaelen or Monreal will play but not both.

If Rosicky isn't 100%, he won't play. Flamini will surely start.

Cant see that back 4 being changed unless of Injury.

Why wouldn't Rosicky be 100%? Did he get a knock the weekend. Saying that I wouldnt be suprised If he didnt start and Cazorla or Walcott got the nod over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Heskey wasnt slow

I was at the Wigan game a few years back and Heskey was playing - he wasn't exactly covering much ground :D

Looks like Monreal is in for Gibbs according to twitter. Im suprised I must say. Doesnt really weaken the defence though and Monreal has been good from the bench so does deserve a chance.

Flamini for Arteta and Rosicky for Cazorla aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gibbs is ill according to Cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Glad Walcott isn't starting just yet. Last thing we need is for him to re-injure himself and be out for another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Marseille playing an extremely weakened line-up today.

To put into context, it would be like playing Everton without Baines, Osman, Barkley, McCarthy and Pienaar...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Marseille playing an extremely weakened line-up today.

To put into context, it would be like playing Everton without Baines, Osman, Barkley, McCarthy and Pienaar...

Or Tottenham without Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

WOW! From one Arsenal legend to another future one! :)

1456780_700895679940809_1671248916_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Even is Gibbs wasn't ill, it would still be great to give him a rest, as said before Monreal deserves a start for this one, he has been fantastic when brought on in previous games, I'm delighted for him and may he shine tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ya boy ya Jack :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Gooaaaaaaaaaaal....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lovely stuff. One more and it should be game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

super super jack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

One more and take off sagna Aaron Giroud etc

Almost 2nd there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

this on tv or will i have to cook it up?

on Itv

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bad decision, was outside the box. Terrible peno anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Not a great match but we did what was needed and never got out of 3rd gear. Wilshere had a great game - worked hard and took his two chances well.

On a side note - Ajax fan fell from about 10m tonight in their game against Barcelona. He's alive and in hospital - looks like one of the lads that gets the crowd going - back to the game job. Looks like a fun job but jeez not at this expense, not sure what really happened. Don't look if you're squeamish.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaBrONSCEAE0dXD.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaBqiRnCEAALeuN.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Job done is about all we can say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

-3 goals to fail to qualify

• Advertisement

Really happy with Wilsheres performance.

Think nacho can give Gibbs a run for his money too.

Special shout out to Szcz for two very good saves also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

We should be through. Marseille went there and scored 2 goals. So I can see us scoring at least 1, which would mean Napoli would need to score 4.

Quietly confident of a 1 - 1 draw.

jamescd wrote: »
    We should be through. Marseille went there and scored 2 goals. So I can see us scoring at least 1, which would mean Napoli would need to score 4.

Quietly confident of a 1 - 1 draw.

We will beat them out there.

Did anyone hear Townsend shout "Get In!" when he thought Thauvin had scored.

Very poor - the save from Szeczney was outstanding though.

Did anyone hear Townsend shout "Get In!" when he thought Thauvin had scored. Very poor - the save from Szecney was outstanding though.

Yes. I mentioned it on the match thread.
    Very poor for a commentator to let his bias slip.
    Another hater.

I hope he heard me shout "get in " when Basel scored though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement