Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

greendom wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Townsend shout "Get In!" when he thought Thauvin had scored.

Very poor - the save from Szeczney was outstanding though.
    I dont like the man either but to be honest I thought it was him just showing his appreciation for a great strike.

No different from all the times Andy Gray shouted "You beauty" so many times.

Just in case im wrong though - F*ck you Andy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Haven't conceded in open play since the Chelsea game I think.

Back 5 have been brilliant lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Also Wenger not happy with Flamini cutting off his selves again. Said it wouldnt happen again in his presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Sleeve gate
    on Flamini cutting his sleeves…
    Yes. I don't like that and he will not do that again. Yes [it is a club tradition] and I was surprised. We don't want that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In fairness to Andy, "you beauty" was always in the aftermath of a goal, and usually referred to United goals, so hard to call it bias. Townsend was wishing it in like a fan, pretty sad in fairness and very unprofessional.

So, now BVB and ourselves are favourites to advance? Napoli basically need to beat us by 3 to gazump us and go through with Dortmund?

We should rightly be pretty confident in our position. Barring a disaster, we should be fine. We'll have to be careful though. Rafa worked a miracle with a 3 goal deficit once before!

What's our minimum to top the group, assuming Dortmund win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2ndcoming wrote: »
    In fairness to Andy, "you beauty" was always in the aftermath of a goal, and usually referred to United goals, so hard to call it bias. Townsend was wishing it in like a fan, pretty sad in fairness and very unprofessional.

So, how to Dortmund come into play now? Napoli basically need to beat us by 3 to gazump us and go through with Dortmund?

We should rightly be pretty confident in our position. Barring a disaster, we should be fine. What's our minimum to top the group, assuming Dortmund win?

A draw would put us through - would put us on 13 points - Napoli would be on 10 and Dortmund 12

Sleeve gate
    on Flamini cutting his sleeves…
    Yes. I don't like that and he will not do that again. Yes [it is a club tradition] and I was surprised. We don't want that.

And Flamini has apparently said that he's played football at the top level for 10 years, without sleeves. Hope this doesn't get messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

And Flamini has apparently said that he's played football at the top level for 10 years, without sleeves. Hope this doesn't get messy.

It's all a load of **** really, if he wants short sleeves give him the ****ing jersey it's hardly premadona stuff. Individual player traditions shouldn't be ignored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 11 (6)
    Giroud 10 (7)
    Wilshere 4 (2)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Might be helpful for me to include a player's total tally for last season too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's all a load of **** really, if he wants short sleeves give him the ****ing jersey it's hardly premadona stuff. Individual player traditions shouldn't be ignored

Couldnt agree more. If he wants to only wear short sleeves, let him. It's a silly tradition to force upon players. Should be 100% optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Flamini is my favourite player of this season so far even with Ozil joining and Rambo going on a scoring spree.

When Flamini is on the pitch he is busting his guts for us. I was happy when he was signed because he could be used as cover for the 1st squad now he would be one of the first names that I would have on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What a tosspot that Andy Townsend fella is, don't think I have ever heard that before from a pundit commentating on a game :rolleyes: NUMPTY HEAD!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's a tradition in the club; respect it. Roll 'em up when you get on the pitch. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ramsey 11 (6)
    Giroud 10 (7)
    Wilshere 4 (2)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Might be helpful for me to include a player's total tally for last season too...

this is right (i checked it) & might save you looking back for your last post for last season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Arsenal_F.C._season#Top_scorers

2aik5ly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I love Gnabry's single entry on this list. That was such an important goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Some turnaround for Rambo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Some turnaround for Rambo!

If only he scored that last night! I love seen him scoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

shano_88 wrote: »
    Also Wenger not happy with Flamini cutting off his selves again. Said it wouldnt happen again in his presser.

really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

really?

Arsenal have been doing that Captain's choice thing for something like 10 years now Iirc. I'm not an arsenal fan, but its something I've always admired. Flamini has a cheek IMO, given no other players have had issues with it

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Arsenal have been doing that Captain's choice thing for something like 10 years now Iirc. I'm not an arsenal fan, but its something I've always admired. Flamini has a cheek IMO, given no other players have had issues with it

na i mean is this still going on? i know about the tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its a tradition and should be respected. Just roll them up ffs.

It's a real shame that our toughest away fixture in the league comes 2 and a half days after the trip to Naples. Who designs these fixture lists? With City already through and able to play a 2nd string in Europe I'm not expecting much from our trip to the Ethiad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This has made my day, check out the keeper

Gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

I would be tempted to rest a few players for the City game, on the basis that we also have Chelsea at home a few days after Napoli - even if we play our strongest team at City, there's a good chance we would still come away with nothing. I would be more than happy with a point in Naples and a win against Chelsea. Would hate to lose to City and Chelsea, due to having nothing left in the tank for the Chelsea game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

AdamD wrote: »
    This has made my day, check out the keeper

Gif.gif

Took me a few watches to see it haha! Brilliant. Was it because it was Ramsey!!??

• Advertisement

It's a real shame that our toughest away fixture in the league comes 2 and a half days after the trip to Naples. Who designs these fixture lists? With City already through and able to play a 2nd string in Europe I'm not expecting much from our trip to the Ethiad.

Really? That's a joke isn't it.

That's the time of the season we will really see how strong our squad is.

Hope it doesn't knock us off our momentum.

Flamini needs to grow up and stop causing drama.

Were doing really well and could be onto something special this year, we don't need any distractions like this.

LiamoSail wrote: »

10 years is hardly traditional. And we've hardly had the most inspiring captains in the last ten years either.

Players should be allowed what they want to wear regarding long/short sleeve.

10 years is hardly traditional. And we've hardly had the most inspiring captains in the last ten years either.

Players should be allowed what they want to wear regarding long/short sleeve.

Yeah but they also shouldn't be allowed take a scissors to the arsenal jersey.

Bit ridiculous.

If he's not happy then tough, it's not like the poppy or something!

Yeah but they also shouldn't be allowed take a scissors to the arsenal jersey.

Bit ridiculous.

If he's not happy then tough, it's not like the poppy or something!

Well, he takes the scissors to it as the kitman won't provide him with ss. Mountain out of a molehill tbh

• Advertisement

Well, he takes the scissors to it as the kitman won't provide him with ss. Mountain out of a molehill tbh

Childish more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Gus99 wrote: »
    I would be tempted to rest a few players for the City game, on the basis that we also have Chelsea at home a few days after Napoli - even if we play our strongest team at City, there's a good chance we would still come away with nothing. I would be more than happy with a point in Naples and a win against Chelsea. Would hate to lose to City and Chelsea, due to having nothing left in the tank for the Chelsea game...

We play City on Sat afternoon and then Chelsea on the week after Monday night, so nearly 10 days there. Yep it would've been better if City game was on Sunday or even better Monday following Napoli game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Childish more like.

Players at all levels of the game have superstitions, pre-match rituals, number selection etc. etc. Whether you believe it or not mentally some can let it affect their game (or at least believe it can).

For Flamini he has played for years without, he might mentally feel it’s more comfortable, if it improves his performance 1% then let him do it. It’s a 10 year tradition, it’s not like it’s been there forever. We changed stadiums in that time surely a compromise can be reached on ****ing sleeves.

As said above mountain out of molehill stuff really

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

just make him the captain - problem sorted ;)

Soups123 wrote: »
    Players at all levels of the game have superstitions, pre-match rituals, number selection etc. etc. Whether you believe it or not mentally some can let it affect their game (or at least believe it can).

For Flamini he has played for years without, he might mentally feel it’s more comfortable, if it improves his performance 1% then let him do it. It’s a 10 year tradition, it’s not like it’s been there forever. We changed stadiums in that time surely a compromise can be reached on ****ing sleeves.

As said above mountain out of molehill stuff really

I agree totally.

What I don't agree with is when you don't get your own way from a club who pays your wages you take a scissors to your clubs jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Why wasn't it a problem before when Flamini was here? That was in the last ten years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I agree totally.

What I don't agree with is when you don't get your own way from a club who pays your wages you take a scissors to your clubs jersey.

Its still a stupid thing to force upon players.

It it were a 60 year old tradition, fine, but it is hardly 10 years old. Let the players have the choice rather than risking alienating portions of the squad by forcing them to wear whatever the captain decides he is in the mood for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

I am trying to order jerseys for my nephews from Arsenal website and all kids ones are sold out except extra small.

You think they would have stock in before Christmas?

ronjo wrote: »
    I am trying to order jerseys for my nephews from Arsenal website and all kids ones are sold out except extra small.

You think they would have stock in before Christmas?

Would a few torn sleeves do you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

batistuta9 wrote: »
    this is right (i checked it) & might save you looking back for your last post for last season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Arsenal_F.C._season#Top_scorers

2aik5ly.jpg

That is some return of goals from Podolski last season I didnt think he got that many, he will be a welcome return to the squad when he is back match fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I don't mind Flamini wanting short sleeves but there are alternatives.

Giroud just rolled his sleeves up:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNfyVybDxUJqv_LQT_iAZELe6LxAOaE7mfPRO024HU5bD0mP7tnQ

Or Flamini could just accept it like he used to:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlkJc_l8gfiJG4BAdPfvuOYbPYOFQCZYx5G3EA829-slPJr2LfTg

But I do agree that if it helps his mentality by at least 1%, it's worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I HATE wearing sleeves when I'm playing soccer, rolling them up feels like they are cutting the blood off to my arms it drives me mad. Maybe he feels the same? Just really uncomfortable.

Anyway, some people were asking for streams here the other night, I have a "how to" on streams written up, you don't have to be tech savvy just internet savvy and you'll always have a decent Arsenal stream. If anyone want's it I can PM because I know tonnes of people including myself can't afford $ky$ports and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Also worth noting, 3 out of our 4 top scorers have spent a considerable time out so far injured.

FearDark wrote: »
    I HATE wearing sleeves when I'm playing soccer, rolling them up feels like they are cutting the blood off to my arms it drives me mad. Maybe he feels the same? Just really uncomfortable.

Anyway, some people were asking for streams here the other night, I have a "how to" on streams written up, you don't have to be tech savvy just internet savvy and you always have a decent Arsenal stream. If anyone want's it I can PM because I know tonnes of people including myself can't afford $ky$ports and the like.
    I generally use firstrowsports.eu. combined with adblock. It generally works ok but quality is variable. Do you have better sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys. There's a moratorium on streams here I believe. We're not allowed to post stream links!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

DenMan wrote: »
    Hey guys. There's a moratorium on streams here I believe. We're not allowed to post stream links!

Nobody's posting them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I generally use firstrowsports.eu. combined with adblock. It generally works ok but quality is variable. Do you have better sources?

I use that combination and have never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

+1 for the above.

Quality is never perfect, but perfectly watchable.

FearDark wrote: »

Anyway, some people were asking for streams here the other night, I have a "how to" on streams written up, you don't have to be tech savvy just internet savvy and you'll always have a decent Arsenal stream. If anyone want's it I can PM because I know tonnes of people including myself can't afford $ky$ports and the like.

pm me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I recently started using torrent streams and the quality is unreal. Had my laptop hooked up to the tv and forgot it was a stream after the match was over trying to mute it on the TV remote:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement