Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I recently started using torrent streams and the quality is unreal. Had my laptop hooked up to the tv and forgot it was a stream after the match was over trying to mute it on the TV remote:pac:

The only way to go - perfect HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I go down to my local pub and for a euro I get a bag of taytos, several glasses of water and an Arsenal match.

Definitely worth it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I go down to my local pub and for a euro I get a bag of taytos, several glasses of water and an Arsenal match.

Glasses of water, do you use a fork in your sugar bowl aswell!!

I don't get it but I'm going to assume that you just got me.

I don't get it but I'm going to assume that you just got me.

Ah I'm only messing, once you get to watch the arsenal, that's all that matters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I recently started using torrent streams and the quality is unreal. Had my laptop hooked up to the tv and forgot it was a stream after the match was over trying to mute it on the TV remote:pac:
    any chance of a how to via pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Your a better man than me, once I'm in a pub the urge for a pint is way to strong to be drinking water. It's why I got Sky Sports works out cheaper than the money I'd spend in the pub :).

Just looking at December that really is going to be a biitchof a month fixture wise if we can come out of that still top I'd be delighted but that is asking a lot.

Your a better man than me, once I'm in a pub the urge for a pint is way to strong to be drinking water. It's why I got Sky Sports works out cheaper than the money I'd spend in the pub :).

Haha, I wouldn't say that. I've never had a drink in my life so it would be unfair to compare.

Love the atmosphere at a pub with 4 or 5 other Arsenal fans though. Sometimes it could be on Setanta Ireland here, and I'd just head down.

Oh, I get it now :D

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

News broke tonight that Pat Rice is in hospital with cancer :( Sickening that his well deserved retirement has been ruined by that horrible disease. Here's hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pat-rice-cancer-arsenal-legend-2858577

• Advertisement

News broke tonight that Pat Rice is in hospital with cancer :( Sickening that his well deserved retirement has been ruined by that horrible disease. Here's hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pat-rice-cancer-arsenal-legend-2858577

Body turned for a moment when I saw that. Really horrible to see.

I'd kill to have had his career though. He has achieved so much and there is no doubt that if he can be apart of three Arsenal double-winning sides; he can win this battle too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Thoughts on Henry to come in in January and play a cup game/sub for league matches? Personally love to see it.

FearDark wrote: »
    Thoughts on Henry to come in in January and play a cup game/sub for league matches? Personally love to see it.

It would be nice and romantic but he can only have dis-improved in the last 48 months and Wenger will be more again on giving such precious game time to players like Sanogo, Myaichi, Gnabry etc.

But a repeat of Leeds would obviously live long in the memory.

How about Henry back in January to cover for Giroud in those 6 weeks after Christmas? I'd sooner see a recognised CF on the bench for us over than those you mentioned. He is still the best player in the MLS by a country mile too. His game has adapted, sure he's lost the pace but he doesn't rely on it now.

Podolski should be back by then, isn't he back in first team training this week, he's not too far from coming back but with the run of games we have over Christmas plus the type of injury he has (hamstring) he's almost certainly going to have a setback and I'd like to have the option of Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

How about Henry back in January to cover for Giroud in those 6 weeks after Christmas? I'd sooner see a recognised CF on the bench for us over than those you mentioned. He is still the best player in the MLS by a country mile too. His game has adapted, sure he's lost the pace but he doesn't rely on it now.

Podolski should be back by then, isn't he back in first team training this week, he's not too far from coming back but with the run of games we have over Christmas plus the type of injury he has (hamstring) he's almost certainly going to have a setback and I'd like to have the option of Henry.

I'd say he would be better off not coming back. We all think highly of him now but there is a time that he comes back to play for us and he disappoints and that will leave a bitter taste. It's far better, for everyone, that we remember him when he was playing for us originally.

How many Liverpool fans regret bringing back "King Kenny"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

farna_boy wrote: »
    I'd say he would be better off not coming back. We all think highly of him now but there is a time that he comes back to play for us and he disappoints and that will leave a bitter taste. It's far better, for everyone, that we remember him when he was playing for us originally.

None that would admit it anyway.

farna_boy wrote: »

Or Robbie Fowler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Body turned for a moment when I saw that. Really horrible to see.

I'd kill to have had his career though. He has achieved so much and there is no doubt that if he can be apart of three Arsenal double-winning sides; he can win this battle too!
    I hope he comes through it too. But how strong you are or how prepared to fight has little to do with how likely you are to survive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

What about Robbie Keane?

slingerz wrote: »
    What about Robbie Keane?

ah now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Where the team is now we should be looking for someone better or equal to giroud to challenge him and have quality cover. Henry is a hero but it would be a step in the wrong direction for us if he came back as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

AdamD wrote: »

Shows the talk about Ozil not playing well isn't true. Wenger loves his stats and he surely has seen similar figures to this, which why Ozil will always start when possible.

What about Robbie Keane?

Not even the best in his own team :P

Not even the best in his own team :P

I believe that Keane is better than Donovan and Sarvas.

I'd rate it:

1. Keane
    2. Sarvas
    3. Donovan

Also, and I know I sound very arrogant using the whole "I watch MLS unlike a lot of people" slogan but you only have to watch a few weeks to see that Henry is not by far the best player in the MLS. Also bare in mind that Henry has only been nominated for player of the season once, which he didn't win. If he was "by far the best player" (in reply to an above post), he would have won one or two by now.
    This year MVP is between Keane, Di Viao and Magee who were all better than Henry this season for definite.

In fact, I think Keane scored 15 goals and Henry scored 9 or 10 while playing a lot more games than Keane. Goals don't mean everything but the point is that he's definitely not by far the best.

I don't think we should bring back Henry as it wouldn't be worth the issues with insurance and wages for a player who wouldn't start ahead of Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Ox, Wilshere etc in CF or on the wings. A repeat of the match against Leeds would be magical, but it isn't worth the hastle from the club's perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What about Robbie Keane?
    ah now...

What's wrong with the suggestion, it has been very clear from any MLS I have seen that Robbie Keane has been the best player on show and by quite a distance too, Henry wouldn't even be in the top 5 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I mentioned it before on here but Arsenal have the players to try what Barcelona do quite a bit and play no 'striker' but have forward midfields interchanging. Arsenal have the technical and outstanding forward players to attempt this but maybe the premiership is not the best place to do it?

I think having say a bentdner on the pitch is a waste of a player so it's hardly too outlandish if he is the alternative. Maybe walcott might get a few chances again up front but if it doesn't work out and arsenal have nobody to replace Giroud I'd be interested to see it happen.

I haven't watched too much of barcelona playing this way though so I'm open to be rubbished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Quazzie wrote: »
    any chance of a how to via pm?

I would also appreciate this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Hopefully thats not true and going by who is reporting it, its probably not!

But anyways hopefully his days are nearly up with us, with Theo back and Podolski nearly there, we have enough back up forwards for Giroud until January at the very least. Theo and Podolski can do a job there when Giroud needs a rest, its not ideal but its better than what we had up until now this season. I for one will be glad see the back of that spoilt over rated brat and hopefully he will be shipped out for good in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Hopefully thats not true and going by who is reporting it, its probably not!

But anyways hopefully his days are nearly up with us, with Theo back and Podolski nearly there, we have enough back up forwards for Giroud until January at the very least. Theo and Podolski can do a job there when Giroud needs a rest, its not ideal but its better than what we had up until now this season. I for one will be glad see the back of that spoilt over rated brat and hopefully he will be shipped out for good in the Summer.

At this stage I'd (well not me personally) even pay half his wages to get rid. I'm sure he'd be gone by now if he'd been prepared to take a slightly lower salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads by any chance does anyone have tickets for the Arsenal v Crystal Palace game on the 1st of Feb? I know there's a ticket forum on Boards.ie but just thought I'd ask here since there's a bigger following, was supposed to get 9 tickets for a family trip but the guy let us down, was trying to get them as a suprise Christmas present. Or if anyone could point us in the right direction :-) cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jaysus I'm just after realising we made it through November with 4 wins, one loss, seven goals for and only one against. Not bad in fairness.

Now hopefully welcome the injured players back to get us through the Christmas period and we should be doing well. Still yet to see the best from the likes of Santi, Ozil and Walcott too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pm us on details of a link for this lad. Cheers ;)

Cant believe some people are calling for Henry to come back in January, are you's taking the piss :confused: :eek:

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Cant believe some people are calling for Henry to come back in January, are you's taking the piss :confused: :eek:

Nobody called for it. It was an "opinions welcomed" deal.

Would be delighted with 3 points tomorrow, Cardiff will be raring to go after united and they have already beaten city at their stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I know Ozil hasnt been amazing the last few games but just have a look at this video to see some of his touches and moves he has started so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Almost as bad as calling someone lad biggrin.png

I do agree with you that it would be crazy to have him back.
    Would much rather signing someone up

If there is a striker I would like us to sign in January it would be Pedro off Barcelona, would be amazing up front for us, very intelligent player who makes great runs from deep and has bucket loads of pace. Although I think he is deployed as a wide player in a forward 3 for Barca but I reckon he would be alot better playing as a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

They'll never get rid of pedro but yeah I agree, he's a player I like.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    They'll never get rid of pedro but yeah I agree, he's a player I like.

I don't think he is getting much game time for them this year with the arrival of Neymar and Sanchez. He is wasted on the bench for them. I reckon a sneaky 25 million bid to test the water may tempt Barca to consider selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus I'm just after realising we made it through November with 4 wins, one loss, seven goals for and only one against. Not bad in fairness.

Now hopefully welcome the injured players back to get us through the Christmas period and we should be doing well. Still yet to see the best from the likes of Santi, Ozil and Walcott too.

I never bought into the November thing at all.
    It's all psychological in my mind. Like the way United have the whip-hand over us at the minute.
    If you want to win the league then you have to be able to get over these psychological barriers. You have to feel and act superior.
    Take every game as it comes and play your best and if you give your all then you will win far more than you lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How many assists does Ozil have this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How many assists does Ozil have this season?

8 according to http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/mesut-oezil/profil/spieler_35664.html?from=direktErgebnis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

If Utd beat Spurs and beat them well on Sunday I wonder could that be the end of AVB!

I never bought into the November thing at all.
    It's all psychological in my mind. Like the way United have the whip-hand over us at the minute.
    If you want to win the league then you have to be able to get over these psychological barriers. You have to feel and act superior.
    Take every game as it comes and play your best and if you give your all then you will win far more than you lose.

Don't know what it is when we travel to Old Trafford we just seem to freeze or under perform and your bang on the money there saying its in our head because its just too big a coincidence for us to play so poorly there so many times. Its the one game I really want to win, but I think this team is slowly but surely gaining the mental strength of champions. The likes of Cardiff away tomorrow are the types of games that can win or lose you a title, 3 points here and it will keep confidence and morale high but a defeat and it could derail us. We must take each game one at a time and treat them like a cup final!!

DenMan wrote: »
    If Utd beat Spurs and beat them well on Sunday I wonder could that be end of AVB!

I would rather a Spurs win to be fair (I feel dirty after saying that). I don't see them as challengers to us but Utd are and a defeat for them would be another nail in the coffin of there title hopes.

Don't know what it is when we travel to Old Trafford we just seem to freeze or under perform and your bang on the money there saying its in our head because its just too big a coincidence for us to play so poorly there so many times. Its the one game I really want to win, but I think this team is slowly but surely gaining the mental strength of champions. The likes of Cardiff away tomorrow are the types of games that can win or lose you a title, 3 points here and it will keep confidence and morale high but a defeat and it could derail us. We must take each game one at a time and treat them like a cup final!!

Cardiff are wide open at the back. We will beat them no bother as long as we show the right attitude.
    I know they beat City and drew with United but I watched those games and both teams missed a pile of chances against them. We wont.
    United is the team I want to beat too --- always.

I would rather a Spurs win to be fair (I feel dirty after saying that). I don't see them as challengers to us but Utd are and a defeat for them would be another nail in the coffin of there title hopes.

Draw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement