Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Draw.

Thats what I want. A draw with spurs dominating possession but no penetration. That way both teams problems are still there for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Don't know what it is when we travel to Old Trafford we just seem to freeze or under perform and your bang on the money there saying its in our head because its just too big a coincidence for us to play so poorly there so many times. Its the one game I really want to win, but I think this team is slowly but surely gaining the mental strength of champions. The likes of Cardiff away tomorrow are the types of games that can win or lose you a title, 3 points here and it will keep confidence and morale high but a defeat and it could derail us. We must take each game one at a time and treat them like a cup final!!

I get what you're saying but the Utd performance was pretty standard of late. We haven't played that well all of November.

They just didn't gift us goals and they got a lucky header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If there is a striker I would like us to sign in January it would be Pedro off Barcelona, would be amazing up front for us, very intelligent player who makes great runs from deep and has bucket loads of pace. Although I think he is deployed as a wide player in a forward 3 for Barca but I reckon he would be alot better playing as a striker.

I'm not sure why but Pedro strikes me as a player that would flop at any team outside of Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm not sure why but Pedro strikes me as a player that would flop at any team outside of Barca.

Watch him for Spain he is superb for them. There not dissimilar to us in the way we play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Frisbee wrote: »

I see where you are coming from. I think he has to be played in a certain system that plays to his strengths.

I do think he would be very capable of fitting in at Arsenal though and would be perfect for the right wing slot that Walcott plays. He makes very intelligent runs, has great pace and is an excellent finisher. Would be a quite a good signing for Arsenal imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'd rather spend the money on a striker... And if we were to get another winger I'd prefer Draxler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DenMan wrote: »
    If Utd beat Spurs and beat them well on Sunday I wonder could that be the end of AVB!

Think he's feeling the heat! http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/29/andre-villas-boas-tromso-fan-sacked-chant-ejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I never bought into the November thing at all.
    It's all psychological in my mind. Like the way United have the whip-hand over us at the minute.
    If you want to win the league then you have to be able to get over these psychological barriers. You have to feel and act superior.
    Take every game as it comes and play your best and if you give your all then you will win far more than you lose.

it's a bit like science, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, it's still true :pac:

under wenger, arsenal pick up 1.6 points per game in november, it's their worst month

but some month has to be the worst, it'd be interesting to see how it compares to the rest though. March is the best with 2.27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the money on a striker... And if we were to get another winger I'd prefer Draxler.

arsenal are supposed to interested in cavani according to some french paper, he's apparently unhappy and has told his people to make discrete inquires. his wages of 135k a week, are supposedly a problem though

& luis gustavo is said to have some sort of release clause that would allow him to move after the WC if it's a 'big' club. Someone from wolfsurg said something like 'everyone has a price' when asked about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

batistuta9 wrote: »
    arsenal are supposed to interested in cavani according to some french paper, he's apparently unhappy and has told his people to make discrete inquires. his wages of 135k a week, are supposedly a problem though

Well, his people certainly didn't do a good job then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Draw.

A draw with RVP engaging in an almighty fist fight with AVB that results in a 20 game ban for both for biting and racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anyone know how Cissokho is getting on at Liverpool? I was disappointed to see him move there, thought we should have went for him, but have heard very little from him since.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Anyone know how Cissokho is getting on at Liverpool? I was disappointed to see him move there, thought we should have went for him, but have heard very little from him since.

Doesn't look all that great mate he had an absolute stinker against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looks a bit pants tbh :pac:
    Also we have a great backup in Monreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Doesn't look all that great mate he had an absolute stinker against us.

Anyone can have a bad game. Was wondering how he had been otherwise.

Wonder if he is just taking longer to settle, or if Wenger was right to show very little interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

As a pool fan I can say he hasn't been that good at all . I'd have enrique ahead of him every day of the week . Sure it says alot when a young player like flanagan gets a game ahead of him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Seen him a bit since he came to Liverpool and he looks awful and looks out of his depth sometimes, not surprised though, seen him before and never rated him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Away to Cardiff later, I'd be delighted with a 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Just looking for the three points today, Cardiff are decent enough and the home fans are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Any fresh injuries or is it as we were midweek?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dvemail wrote: »
    Any fresh injuries or is it as we were midweek?

Gibbs is back

Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott all fit.

Who gets left out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott all fit.

Who gets left out?
    I'd hope we play Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott. Hard to drop Wilshere though. Maybe Wilshere for Cazorla (who'd ever have imagined that being suggested last year?)

Love our midfield options.

Walcott is definitely significantly better away than he is at home so it could be real opportunity for him today but there really are questions about how good he can be, coming back from injury.

Goalkeeper and defence should remain the same.

I'd be happy with several different permutations in midfield to be completely honest. It is tremendous that Arsenal have that far.

This may be a bit controversial but I would go for Flamini and Arteta. I like Arteta in a more advanced role. Then we could have Ozil, Ramsey and maybe Rosicky/Wilshere on the wing as well.

Very, very difficult to pick a team and that is a pleasure to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Away to Cardiff later, I'd be delighted with a 1-0

I'd be much happier with a 0-1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I recently started using torrent streams and the quality is unreal. Had my laptop hooked up to the tv and forgot it was a stream after the match was over trying to mute it on the TV remote:pac:

Usually a firstrow man myself but this sounds better, any chance of a PM?

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

PM me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is our game on Setanta Ireland or Setenta Sports 1?

The Setanta and Premier League websites say Setanta Ireland, but the UPC guide on my telly says Setanta Sports 1... I'm hoping it's just UPC being borked 'cause I don't have SS1 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Galvasean wrote: »
    Is our game on Setanta Ireland or Setenta Sports 1?

The Setanta and Premier League websites say Setanta Ireland, but the UPC guide on my telly says Setanta Sports 1... I'm hoping it's just UPC being borked 'cause I don't have SS1 :o

Setenta Sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I'd like to see Monreal given another go today, very impressive midweek. I think he probably offers a touch more in attack.

• Advertisement

Any chance we can give Giroud a rest lads and play Theo up top??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If Theo had played for 3 or 4 matches then that would be a possibility. I think he's still working towards match fitness though so not quite ready I feel. Perhaps against Hull though if Theo plays a big part today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Doubt it, can see Giroud playing every game until Poldi and Theo are fully fit.

greendom wrote: »
    If Theo had played for 3 or 4 matches then that would be a possibility. I think he's still working towards match fitness though so not quite ready I feel. Perhaps against Hull though if Theo plays a big part today.
    MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Doubt it, can see Giroud playing every game until Poldi and Theo are fully fit.

True enough lads its just I reckon he can hurt this Cardiff defence with his pace. Dying to see him fully fit with Ozil playing those through balls to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

AdamD wrote: »
    Usually a firstrow man myself but this sounds better, any chance of a PM?

Cheers

Would appreciate same if possible!

wiziwig tv

I get the feeling that it is on Setanta Ireland on Sky only because it isn't freeview on Sky.

For UPC, it is on Setanta Sports 1 as it would be free on Setanta Ireland.

Just my theory as an hour ago I was thrilled to see that it was on Setanta Ireland when at my friend's house (who has Sky) but came home to find that it is on Setanta Sports 1 on my UPC box.

So I will go down to the pub and watch it on their Setanta Ireland. Strange, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Some press saying Alvaro Morata has accepted a loan deal with us:
    https://twitter.com/leylahamed/status/406762151790280704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wasn't able to PM you for some reason but essentially, what gringo said. Plus ace steam is the program

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

nice if true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hope Theo gets an hour under his belt today. With ozil laying on those through balls I can see him scoring.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jaafa wrote: »

I'd be delighted with that. Would rather a talented prospect as back-up to Giroud rather than someone better. He's become essential to the way we play imo, so signing a Suarez or Benzema would be unfair.

He could do with a rest though, if THeo get's a good run out today off the bench or whatever I'd be happy for him to start up top against Hull midweek. Think we've more chance of dropping point to Cardiff rather than Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Jaafa wrote: »

holy sh1t, that's great if true

he is a fantastic prospect, saw him in a few B games for Madrid last season, he can be quite deadly in front of goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Wasn't able to PM you for some reason but essentially, what gringo said. Plus ace steam is the program

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Subs:Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Gnabry

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's great to look at the bench and see viable options to bring on to change the game or see it out if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's great to look at the bench and see viable options to bring on to change the game or see it out if needs be.

And no Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

For the lads cooking using acestream , Bloodzeed is the best ingredient. Game will be there 5 minutes before kick off

jamescd wrote: »
    And no Bendtner.

My thoughts exactly!

Interesting to see who comes on from the bench too. I wouldn't guarantee any of them. Probably Walcott, Rosicky, Monreal (if we're winning) Gnabry if we're not.

Exciting times!

Interesting to see who comes on from the bench too. I wouldn't guarantee any of them. Probably Walcott, Rosicky, Monreal (if Wenger wants to play his 3-points card) Gnabry if we're not.

Corrected for accuracy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement