Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal have conceded 1 goal in 7 games.

Offt

Yeah, but that's just our record, based on obvious facts and a readily apparent reality.

We're still not a great defensive team despite all those things

/sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

FearDark wrote: »
    Ah excuse me there... we still don't have a good defence.

(according to the media)

You just know they will make up some other excuse anyway. They hate been proved wrong, so far this season Arsenal have been proven them wrong. I wonder what they say on MOTD tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I knew Ozil would be awesome today...cos I took him out of my fantasy team this morning!

I took the captaincy off him this morning. You could tell that took a weight off his shoulders today.

And gave the captaincy to Ramsey instead so all worked out OK.

Robson is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I see it's changed from November will test us to now it's December

They will have to take us serious eventually

I see it's changed from November will test us to now it's December

They will have to take us serious eventually

Chelsea and City games. Don't get beat even win one or both of them. They will take us seriously, no choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

They'll take us seriously when Wenger has the PL trophy in his hands.

Pfft...

All they'll say is, "But can they defend it?"

:mad:

Its hard when we're always in Tottenhams shadow :(

oh they will make up "the other rivals had new managers, they need time to settle" excuse. There's a hatred for Arsenal in the media which has gone on for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Today was an excellent win away from home for Arsenal, thought it might be a potential to drop pts so knocking in 3 whilst keeping a clean sheet must make fans happy.

Who cares if the media aren't taking them seriously, all that matters is league position.

ps, was today Walcott's first game back. Adds a lot to the strength of the bot in midfield and as a replacement up front if Giroud was to get injured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Come on lads. We are 7 points clear at the top. No need for complaining about the media. They are not that bad about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

ronjo wrote: »
    Come on lads. We are 7 points clear at the top. No need for complaining about the media. They are not that bad about us.

Well said. Why are we lookin for credit from a few eejits in November??

Even if we finish 2nd they could argue they are vindicated.

Heads down and worry about ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Flamini's turn to get 10 goals now!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's not really the media at large, it's more Stuart Robson's moronic remarks during the match that have people's back up I think.

Cardiff fans getting a lot of credit for clapping Ramsey's goal.

Where's our credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ramsey is only 1 league goal behind Spurs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looper007 wrote: »
    oh they will make up "the other rivals had new managers, they need time to settle" excuse. There's a hatred for Arsenal in the media which has gone on for years now.

I dont think its a hatred, we are were an easy target with us loosing players, collapsing at regular intervals and then you had pretty much every team spending money to solve their problems.

Money solves all problems in football :rolleyes: so we just looked weak when we didnt spend. I think I may have over simplified this for myself.

****'em now though.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Ramsey is only 1 league goal behind Spurs now.

That is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That is hilarious!

what's hilarious is he's got two more than spurs in open play. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Missed todays game but just spent the last twenty minutes reading the thread, can't wait to MOTD sounds like it was a good game.

7 points clear does have a nice ring to it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's not really the media at large, it's more Stuart Robson's moronic remarks during the match that have people's back up I think.

And the tool the night of CL who's name escapes me with his 'get in' comments

• Advertisement

11 points ahead of Spurs and 10 points ahead of United.

Beautiful that they're playing tomorrow.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    what's hilarious is he's got two more than spurs in open play. :)

fVLfY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

cathalio11 wrote: »
    11 points ahead of Spurs and 10 points ahead of United.

Beautiful that they're playing tomorrow.

I'm pleading guilty. . . I am kind of hoping Spuds will win tomorrow. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramsey is only 6 goals behind bobby for most goals by a midfielder in a season

Some player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I don't want to sound negative but 3 - 0 flattered us a little. They contained us very well for the first 80 mins or so. We were tearing them apart at the end though; I think Szcezney's save was probably the most important moment in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was all set up, recipe in hand, and eager to watch the match in proper definition on Ace.

Then the power went.

All i want to see now is the save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

greendom wrote: »
    I don't want to sound negative but 3 - 0 flattered us a little. They contained us very well for the first 80 mins or so. We were tearing them apart at the end though; I think Szcezney's save was probably the most important moment in the game

Not really. Should have been 5 - 1 (Wilshere hitting the bar and Giroud's tap in cleared off the line).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 13 (8)
    Giroud 10 (7)
    Wilshere 4 (2)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

Flamini's first Arsenal goal in 5 years! :pac:
    (League goals in brackets)

Might be helpful for me to include a player's total tally for last season too...

Nice one Galva!

I think 3 nil wasn't flattering at all. As someone already said we could have had two more. We dropped off a
    Little in the 2nd and I agree that the save was very important

Just seen Ramsey's 2d goal there ad I can't believe Walcott didn't shoot.

• Advertisement

hells bells, I never would have thought he could have been this good.

Ah c'mon...

We need SOMETHING to complain about!

:P

Quazzie wrote: »
    Was all set up, recipe in hand, and eager to watch the match in proper definition on Ace.

Then the power went.

All i want to see now is the save.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87771534&postcount=5735

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah c'mon...

We need SOMETHING to complain about!

:P

Giroud should have played the whistle and never have stopped and should have scored in the first half :D

Gareth Bale scored 26 last season before moving to Real.
    Ramsey already has half that at 13 and its November.

Just sayin'

AdamD wrote: »

Probably a stupid question, but where are the setting? I can only find preferences and I don't see any of that in there. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jamescd wrote: »
    Not really. Should have been 5 - 1 (Wilshere hitting the bar and Giroud's tap in cleared off the line).

Yes I agree. It's just that in the past those missed chances would have cost us. I'm perhaps not fully up to speed with this "new" Arsenal as I was expecting Cardiff to score. They really came at us after Giroud missed that chance. We didn't buckle though and thanks to Szez won at a canter in the end.

Gareth Bale scored 26 last season before moving to Real.
    Ramsey already has half that at 13 and its November.

Just sayin'

And they play in completely different positions.

One is a forward and the other is a midfielder. They bought the wrong welshman indeed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

jonny666 wrote: »
    Just seen Ramsey's 2d goal there ad I can't believe Walcott didn't shoot.

Thought the same as well. Theo of two years ago would have took it on, good to see he is becoming more aware of what is around him.
    That was one thing Arsenal never seemed to do which Barca are magic for and that is the square ball inside the box. And now that's two in two games from us.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but where are the setting? I can only find preferences and I don't see any of that in there. :confused:

Right click on that little icon on your taskbar.

Right click on that little icon on your taskbar.

I see now. Was looking in totally the wrong place.

Yes I agree. It's just that in the past those missed chances would have cost us. I'm perhaps not fully up to speed with this "new" Arsenal as I was expecting Cardiff to score. They really came at us after Giroud missed that chance. We didn't buckle though and thanks to Szez won at a canter in the end.

Watching arsenal I used to be a nervous wreck when the other team had the ball. We always looked like we could concede. It's slowly but surely being eroded away this season and some of last. I was confident Cardiff wouldn't score today. All the defence including Szcz have been in superb form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    Watching arsenal I used to be a nervous wreck when the other team had the ball. We always looked like we could concede. It's slowly but surely being eroded away this season and some of last. I was confident Cardiff wouldn't score today. All the defence including Szcz have been in superb form

Sssccchhhh. Don't tempt fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd never have ranked myself amongst the complainers but I'm finding I'm posting less in here than usual. :pac:

Love it.

We were all over them in the first half without creating much. Dont forget Giroud stopping when he thought he was offside also

• Advertisement

Sssccchhhh. Don't tempt fate.

Sod fate. We'll beat them 3-0

I do understand where you are coming from tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

And they play in completely different positions.

One is a forward and the other is a midfielder. They bought the wrong welshman indeed !

No they didnt! From our point of view at least :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The reason why we get so many injuries is because AW goes hard on the players in training so they have that extra 10% in the last 10 mins. It wins you games - today, Soton and Palace being 3 that come to mind.

There's an excellent link somewhere (may have been posted here) where one of the bloggers got access to the medical staff.

Edit: Here it is - http://le-grove.co.uk/2011/11/08/exclusive-arsenal-medical-team-give-le-grove-fantastic-insight-into-their-operation/

Excellent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Looper007 wrote: »
    You just know they will make up some other excuse anyway. They hate been proved wrong, so far this season Arsenal have been proven them wrong. I wonder what they say on MOTD tonight.

We have only beaten one team in the top 6 ;)

Gus99 wrote: »
    We have only beaten one team in the top 6 ;)

100% record :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement