Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Find me a single post by anyone on earth, let alone me, anywhere on earth, let alone in this thread, who said either of those things. Go on. Dare ya. :rolleyes:

yea like im going to go through all that crap. here is alot of the love in which you can route through yourself

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056861090&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=Higuain&page=25

gandalf wrote: »
    He he Paulegend you really post some funny **** in this and the Liverpool thread. Some of your contributions even make me laugh out loud. Ozil can't handle the pressure is a priceless one. Please keep them coming Roflol.

what says he can??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

oh paul.

you so crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Paulegend wrote: »
    a couple of weeks ago benze was the second best. week before higg was the second best

alonso was actually the second best............... but i guess opinions are just that

was kaka class when he went to madrid for a world record? shev? torres?

lots of better players couldnt handle the pressure

Hard to argue with a Spurs fan on this particular subject.

You're experts on second best.

for the record i think he will settle and be a great player. he could be the player ye are missing since cesc. but thats a big IF he handles the pressure. all im saying is that world class players dont always work out

Paul is a liverpool fan. he's an expert on 7th best.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Paul is a liverpool fan. he's an expert on 7th best.

Oh dear.

My condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

what says he can??

You really have to ask that about a full German International player and a man who has played for the biggest club in the world for the last few years. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe you at this stage :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

for the record i think he will settle and be a great player. he could be the player ye are missing since cesc. but thats a big IF he handles the pressure. all im saying is that world class players dont always work out

Do you genuinely think he'll be under more pressure with us than he was at Real Madrid or when playing for Germany in the World Cup?

Hard to argue with a Spurs fan on this particular subject.

You're experts on second best.

not a spurs fan. pool fan:rolleyes:

but im not trying to argue with ye. i think he is a great signing and a player ye had to take a chance on. if he is on only 120k a week ye can seel him for a similar price next season if he ends up not working out. he is still to hit his prime

i honestly think he could be a player of the year if he settles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You think the guy who's played over 100 La Liga and 30 Champions League games for Real Madrid, and 47 games for Germany can't handle the pressure at Arsenal?

Are you for real?

gandalf wrote: »
    You really have to ask that about a full German International player and a man who has played for the biggest club in the world for the last few years. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe you at this stage :)

and who was kaka before he went to madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I am beyond happy with this signing. Could we have signed a striker? Yeah, maybe... who cares? I'd take Ozil over any mediocre forward like Higuain or Suarez for that matter any day of the week.
    Ozil is absolutely world class. And I mean that, he is in the top 10 best footballers alive today and anyone who argues that doesn't know sh*t about football.
    Time to break the piggy bank for when the jerseys get printed :D

You think Suarez and higuain are mediocre? You can't possibly be serious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

ye can seel him for a similar price next season if he ends up not working out. he is still to hit his prime

FFS what is this BS I'm reading.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you genuinely think he'll be under more pressure with us than he was at Real Madrid or when playing for Germany in the World Cup?

yes. at madrid he was surrounded by "bigger" players. there was kaka ronaldo and even hii and bene went there with huge names. it would be easier not to be under as much pressure there. at arsenal he will be yer main man

So are you saying,this is a massive step up for the kid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cilla black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

A world class player not crippled by injury. Then, at Madrid, he became a world class player crippled by injury.

I honestly don't know why I'm bothering. You're going on ignore.

he was playing for some backwater spanish outfit.

now he's in the big leagues.

he's gonna be ****ting himself. why did we even buy Ozil?

awwww no.

• Advertisement

You think the guy who's played over 100 La Liga and 30 Champions League games for Real Madrid, and 47 games for Germany can't handle the pressure at Arsenal?

Are you for real?

see my comment on kaka

or i can give you shevchenko?

torres?

im sure there are loads more that can be mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

This is brilliant.

Mark B ‏@MCFCMark 3h If arsenal don't sing "Carzola to the left of me, Ozil to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle Giroud" this season I'll be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah Paulegend the man who said us buying Suarez the 30 goal a season man would mean Liverpool would start the season on a goal difference of -60 :)

A world class player not crippled by injury. Then, at Madrid, he became a world class player crippled by injury.

I honestly don't know why I'm bothering. You're going on ignore.

kaka was sh#t at madrid what are you on about? there is a reason he left today on a free

well in a way. from a first teamer to a being a key player is a step up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fair play on Ozil, cracking player. Delighted to see him come to the league, shame it cant be for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

kryogen wrote: »
    Fair play on Ozil, cracking player. Delighted to see him come to the league, shame it cant be for us

it really isn't :pac:

what's wrong with kagawa?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it really isn't :pac:

what's wrong with kagawa?

Not up to full fitness yet with the lack of a pre season, to answer what I am pretty sure you were asking though, nothing, its the reason Im not exactly devastated we didn't move for Ozil, I am very happy with Kagawa, wouldn't trade one for the other tbh

Just hope he gets used correctly under Moyes.

I am sure Wenger will get the best out of Ozil, which is a frightening thought I guess but still, its nice to see one of the genuine best players in the world come to the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

well in a way. from a first teamer to a being a key player is a step up

He was a key player for Madrid and was a key player in the German team since he was 21.

Do you watch any football outside of the sh*tty Liverpool games you get fed by Setanta now and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

danlen wrote: »
    He was a key player for Madrid and was a key player in the German team since he was 21.

Do you watch any football outside of the sh*tty Liverpool games you get fed by Setanta now and again?

He probably named his fantasy team after Coutinho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ye just signed the best CAM in the world in my opinion. He's going to destroy the Premier League. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just woke up. Slept through 6 hours of will he/won't he and am absolutely over the moon we've signed Ozil. Great player who'll definitely have a big impact from the get go. Anybody saying otherwise is just jealous and delusional! Pity we didn't add one or two more though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When Manchester United signed Robin Van Persie last season, a few of the players spoke about the boost it gave the squad when he walked into the dressing room, and how it uplifted everyone knowing that a truly World Class player has arrived.

Mesut Ozil is a truly world class player, I'm sure you all know that, but I expect when he walks in the dressing room he gives everyone a boost, it's a bloody huge signing.

Wenger has pulled an absolute worldie in getting him in, fans of other clubs can't really believe whats happened, and I am not ashamed to say I was watching Sky Sports News all day just praying for something to come up and them to say the deal was off :pac:

If Giroud keeps up his form, and with Santi Cazorla and Mesut supplying him, you lot are right in the title race.

Go get Ozil 11 on the back of your shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    When Manchester United signed Robin Van Persie last season, a few of the players spoke about the boost it gave the squad when he walked into the dressing room, and how it uplifted everyone knowing that a truly World Class player has arrived.

Mesut Ozil is a truly world class player, I'm sure you all know that, but I expect when he walks in the dressing room he gives everyone a boost, it's a bloody huge signing.

Wenger has pulled an absolute worldie in getting him in, fans of other clubs can't really believe whats happened, and I am not ashamed to say I was watching Sky Sports News all day just praying for something to come up and them to say the deal was off :pac:

If Giroud keeps up his form, and with Santi Cazorla and Mesut supplying him, you lot are right in the title race.

That's a great point. It'll be the biggest signing our players will have experienced during their time here so far so it's bound to boost morale. I know the "please be off, please be off, please be off" feeling too. Felt it plenty of times with that Dutch lad we sold ye last year ha!

Also, if I do get the home shirt this year, Giroud is still the only name going onto it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

see my comment on kaka

or i can give you shevchenko?

torres?

im sure there are loads more that can be mentioned
    CARROLL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Where's the umlaut?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Great signing for us. I still think we should have signed a striker but let's get on with it and see how things plan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Going to be a huge morale boost having one of the worlds best joining the ranks. Already see that from half the team tweeting about how happy they are he's signed :)

You won't see Ferdinand tweeting about Fellaini signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Meanwhile at the Coloney.

BTMd2NBIYAAz7Xm.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

47 assists and 17 goals in 87 starts for Madrid hahahah that is sick. Best CAM in world football we have just signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Nice video here of his goals and assists from last season. It's long but worth a watch. I see Ozil-Giroud set-piece goals in our future. I'm getting very excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mesut-oezil-lukas-podolski-und-per-mertesacker-jubeln-nach-dem-viertelfinale-foto-imago-.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

My head is in a spin. Arsenal Fan 27 years, love the club to death, seen their vision however lost faith in Wenger and the club as each of the last 6-7 years went by.

In Wenger we trust. Simple as. The man is a Genius. He has a pair of balls the size of the Emirates Stadium . He looked every one in the eye in the last 6-7 years as things got worst and worst and did what he needed to do and not a single fook was given by him to anyone, no matter how hard things got, he stuck to his guns and did not budge once on his principles.

I for one, will hold my hand up and say I did get tired of the same old BS of selling our best and buying unproven. Now, I feel this has paid off.
    Arsene will surpass Ferguson as a Premier League Legend. What Arsene and Arsenal have done today is so huge. Not only has it blown my mind, it's blown the minds of the football world as a whole.

I can see Arsene retiring tonight at home, ready for bed, sitting down, glasses on, relaxed with a glass of wine in his hand. He's watching sky sports, he has that grin on his face that we all know, and saying to himself, let the games begin, Monty Burns style.

I truly believe this signal of intent from Arsenal is the start of things to come. Ozil is world class, 24, look at his stats. He is a wonderful, smashing footballer. Is now an Arsenal player.

Again Arsene is a fooking Genius. We now have 3 German Internationals, 2 Spanish International's + Arteta and the English core of the squad. Yes, we are light in areas, but we'll sort it out, part of Wenger's master plan.

We wont win the league this year, Chelsea will, We'll be second or third, Man UTD will drop big time, Man City will be there or there abouts, and Spurs will be scrapping as per usual.

As Arsenal get better and better we will attract more world class players. Arsenal are in a position to really really cement themselves into world football right now in how Wenger has shaped the club.

I'm waffling on and on like a teenager on speed, its just that good. In 2 years time, maybe less we will win the premier league and I can't wait to see Arsene hold some more trophies like he has done with Arsenal in the past.

What a man. Well done Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Gonna give this a bash tomorrow :D
    BTMHtvqIgAEyfXd.jpg:large

The Brucie bonus is we beat Spurs yesterday, Wenger then says after the game we might be surprised today, Spurs spend 100 million, sell Bale (Great Player, not worth that money) We get Ozil. Spurs and Levey knew we had Ozil in the bag. Ozil would not go to Spurs because, well they are Spurs, held up the transfer for Bale to Madrid because he knows, Arsenal have them by the bollix yet again.

Seriously, they must really, I mean really fooking hate us Arsenal, I would, because they are Spurs.

Life is all of a sudden so much brighter!

Arsenal forever!

I think we will that's why we didn't go after any second rate strikers

Think we're waiting to go big again

Serious contenders in a couple of years I think[/QUOT

Arsenal planted seeds in the likes of Suraez and Rooney with their interest this window.

What Arsenal did today will make those type of players look over their sholder and say, I see what you did there Arsenal.

More to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ozil would walk into any team in the world, an outstanding addition to the team but a little concerned that we didn't sign a striker.
    Ba on loan would have been perfect I think. If Giroud gets injured we are screwed. However, Ozil is a signal of intent for Arsenal, up there with Bergkamp and Sol Campbell. It will turn heads and should make the Man Uniteds, Man City and the Chelease fear us as a team on the rise. Just hope our main players stay injury free as we are still very light in some areas. Put the head down now for 12-13 weeks and have a look again in January. We need 2 -3 windows of continious sigings like Ozil to be a real force again in European football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

In before Ozil gets injured :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

CAZORLA TO THE LEFT OF ME
    OZIL TO THE RIGHT
    HERE I AM, STUCK IN THE MIDDLE GIROUD

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE GIROUD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

My head is in a spin. Arsenal Fan 27 years, love the club to death, seen their vision however lost faith in Wenger and the club as each of the last 6-7 years went by.

In Wenger we trust. Simple as. The man is a Genius. He has a pair of balls the size of the Emirates Stadium . He looked every one in the eye in the last 6-7 years as things got worst and worst and did what he needed to do and not a single fook was given by him to anyone, no matter how hard things got, he stuck to his guns and did not budge once on his principles.

I for one, will hold my hand up and say I did get tired of the same old BS of selling our best and buying unproven. Now, I feel this has paid off.
    Arsene will surpass Ferguson as a Premier League Legend. What Arsene and Arsenal have done today is so huge. Not only has it blown my mind, it's blown the minds of the football world as a whole.

I can see Arsene retiring tonight at home, ready for bed, sitting down, glasses on, relaxed with a glass of wine in his hand. He's watching sky sports, he has that grin on his face that we all know, and saying to himself, let the games begin, Monty Burns style.

I truly believe this signal of intent from Arsenal is the start of things to come. Ozil is world class, 24, look at his stats. He is a wonderful, smashing footballer. Is now an Arsenal player.

Again Arsene is a fooking Genius. We now have 3 German Internationals, 2 Spanish International's + Arteta and the English core of the squad. Yes, we are light in areas, but we'll sort it out, part of Wenger's master plan.

We wont win the league this year, Chelsea will, We'll be second or third, Man UTD will drop big time, Man City will be there or there abouts, and Spurs will be scrapping as per usual.

As Arsenal get better and better we will attract more world class players. Arsenal are in a position to really really cement themselves into world football right now in how Wenger has shaped the club.

I'm waffling on and on like a teenager on speed, its just that good. In 2 years time, maybe less we will win the premier league and I can't wait to see Arsene hold some more trophies like he has done with Arsenal in the past.

What a man. Well done Arsene.

Didn't he get his eyes done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Absolutely amazing signing, players like ozil will make other players look even better just like fabregas did.

Would have liked us to sign a cb, disappointed we didn't get sakho since he was there for the taking.

ALso a world class striker if I was being greedy, giroud is very good and has played excellently but I think we should a got a top quality striker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement