Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Still can't believe people wanted him sold

I did honestly always stand by Ramsey - now, I never saw this coming in a million years, but always felt he was a decent player. He's better than decent now eh?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Wondering will Bendtner have the same turn around in fortunes as Ramsey? This time next year we'll be laughing at how we wanted him sold :o

In short - No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Scary thing is he is only turning 23 this month
    He is after missing 18 months of his development
    And he is still this good

He is going to go down as all time great with this club

But this is what we do at Arsenal. Ramsey is just another in a long line and there will be more. Gotta love this club and how we approach football.

L2dZZoR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Wondering will Bendtner have the same turn around in fortunes as Ramsey? This time next year we'll be laughing at how we wanted him sold :o

If that happens we will have won the treble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

dfbemt wrote: »

L2dZZoR.jpg

Now we buy and make them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Still can't believe people wanted him sold

Man I was his worst critic and have no qualms about admitting it, I'm glad he has proved me wrong.

But when are you gonna stop going on about how you knew he would come home and everyone else wanted him sold!

I think its time you moved on, and tried to unearth another gem for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dfbemt wrote: »
    But this is what we do at Arsenal. Ramsey is just another in a long line and there will be more. Gotta love this club and how we approach football.

L2dZZoR.jpg

i hope barca or RM dont poach him!

i hope barca or RM dont poach him!

I think it'll be harder to poach our players now that we have the finances in order. A league title would go down nicely too. Although city worry me. Amazing how many folks are convinced we will bottle it after Christmas when the last two seasons we've been stronger in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Man I was his worst critic and have no qualms about admitting it, I'm glad he has proved me wrong.

But when are you gonna stoP going on about how you knew he would come home and everyone else wanted him sold!

He doesn't really go on about it that much.

And, I'd say most people didn't want him sold, they just weren't fully convinced by him.

He doesn't really go on about it that much.

And, I'd say most people didn't want him sold, they just weren't fully convinced by him.

I disagree, I don't know what else to say!

Tomorrows game I'd like to see us try put a few past hull then hopefully some changes for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

DenMan wrote: »

Jumping the gun a bit? Wenger has said he hasn't been in contact about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jumping the gun a bit? Wenger has said he hasn't been in contact about him.

Alvaro Morata? I don't know him.

:D

Oh and Jenkinson is in for Sagna tomorrow

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »

They also have a story saying we've had a bid rejected for Pato too.

Arseblog today said the Morata loan deal is a load of bunkum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

But when are you gonna stop going on about how you knew he would come home and everyone else wanted him sold!

I don't think I go on about it much, I also didn't think he would be this good

But wanting a young player sold cause he was struggling in his first season back from a horrific leg break was just ridiculous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Almost forgot about this Flamini tackle v Spurs. Did he ever even leave Arsenal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Arseblog today said the Morata loan deal is a load of bunkum

I don't think so. Normally if Wenger is not interested his answer is straight NO.

but about Morata he said

"on speculation over a move for Alvaro Morata…
    No. There is no truth in that. That is all I can say, I have not been in touch with them"

source: Arsenal.com

So there could be something there or may be it's my wishful thinking :D

FearDark wrote: »
    Almost forgot about this Flamini tackle v Spurs. Did he ever even leave Arsenal :P

yea i remembered that lol

I don't think I go on about it much, I also didn't think he would be this good

But wanting a young player sold cause he was struggling in his first season back from a horrific leg break was just ridiculous

Whats bentders excuse LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Could be interesting could be shiite, apparently it not only looks into Keane and Vieira but the rivalry between Arsenal and United at the time.

So we haven't signed morata hmmm.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could be interesting could be shiite, apparently it not only looks into Keane and Vieira but the rivalry between Arsenal and United at the time.

Sure do miss those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Here's a highlight package from Arsenal - Hull a few years back.

Denilson, Eduardo and Diaby, the goalscorers.

EDIT: Apologies that that loaf is the thumbnail for the video ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Sagna out with hamstring .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sure do miss those days.

Don't we all it was a fierce rivalry something I don't think the Premiership has seen since.

But hopefully this season which is looking more and more likely well be at least up there challenging for honours and get some that feeling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So if your an apposing team, who would you try mark out of the game, Ozil or Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just watching that earlier Hull vid there and you'd wonder what Diaby might have been if he'd have been bale to stay fit/hadn't been smashed by that Sunderland gimp.

• Advertisement

dvemail wrote: »
    So if your an apposing team, who would you try mark out of the game, Ozil or Ramsey?

Impossible to mark Ramsey when played in the centre I think. He has so much to his game defensively and his engine is so good he can up and down the pitch with ease. If he keeps his confidence up he will hard to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Jenkinson is in tomorrow I hope he stays in position and away from the center of the defence. Every time he seems to drift in there he causes us to concede a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Impossible to mark Ramsey when played in the centre I think. He has so much to his game defensively and his engine is so good he can up and down the pitch with ease. If he keeps his confidence up he will hard to stop.

And marking Ozil would seem to be quite pointless too. He doesn't seem to take control of games and dominate. He just gives a remarkable cutting edge at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If Jenkinson is in tomorrow I hope he stays in position and away from the center of the defence. Every time he seems to drift in there he causes us to concede a goal.

Jenkinson is a real weak link in defence. Really don't want him on that team tomorrow, he is an accident waiting to happen.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    And marking Ozil would seem to be quite pointless too. He doesn't seem to take control of games and dominate. He just gives a remarkable cutting edge at times.

Yep true. Only midfielder we have that can be individually targeted would be Arteta or Flamini at the base of the midfield. Otherwise it takes that full team court press/intense pressure to disrupt the whole set up like Dortmund did and Man U (to an extent did). That's where Walcott comes in as a valuable valuable weapon.

Jenkinson is a real weak link in defence. Really don't want him on that team tomorrow, he is an accident waiting to happen.

At the moment he's all we have it seems.

• Advertisement

At the moment he's all we have it seems.

Hector Bellerin had a motm performance for Watford at the weekend, hopefully he keeps the form up and pushes for a first team spot in the next couple of years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He always looks slightly awkward to me. Not a natural footballer at all. Having said that he did have a decent run when Sagna was out last season and plenty were saying he should be picked ahead of the Frenchman. I didn't agree with that but if he could get back to that sort of form again he should be ok as back up.

greendom wrote: »
    He always looks slightly awkward to me. Not a natural footballer at all. Having said that he did have a decent run when Sagna was out last season and plenty were saying he should be picked ahead of the Frenchman. I didn't agree with that but if he could get back to that sort of form again he should be ok as back up.

Yep he played well and part of our good run but he has looked very shaky this season whenever he has played. Hopefully he regains last seasons form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What is all this talk of Jenkinson playing tomorrow? Is Sagna injured? Surely Flamini would be a much better option at right back than Jenks who I feel is a ticking time bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I feel the criticism of Jenkinson is harsh in here. He had a shocker against Chelsea in the Carling Cup but last year when he had to fill in for Sagna I though he played very well. I do think he has the potential as well to be first choice right back at Arsenal in a couple of years. Hes not there yet but hes definitely capable of filling in and playing well at home to Hull.

Saying that, Hopefully Sagnas injury doesnt keep him out for any longer than one game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What is all this talk of Jenkinson playing tomorrow? Is Sagna injured? Surely Flamini would be a much better option at right back than Jenks who I feel is a ticking time bomb.

Sagna has a slight pull on his hamstring. Hopefully he'll be backe for Sunday. Flamini is a great shout for right back tomorrow.

Bring back Chamakh!!:D (not for right back obviously)

Nice to see him score.

greendom wrote: »
    Sagna has a slight pull on his hamstring. Hopefully he'll be backe for Sunday. Flamini is a great shout for right back tomorrow.

Flamini was immense when he was deployed as a full back for us the year we reached the Champions Lge final and I am pretty sure that was at left back so he should be well able if not better equipped to fill in as an emergency right back for us than Jenkinson who has a lot to learn.

Flamini was immense when he was deployed as a full back for us the year we reached the Champions Lge final and I am pretty sure that was at left back so he should be well able if not better equipped to fill in as an emergency right back for us than Jenkinson who has a lot to learn.

Would be a right kick in the teeth to Jenkinson and his future though? Surely we can play him at home to Hull and see how he is going rather than really destroying his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Would be a right kick in the teeth to Jenkinson and his future though? Surely we can play him at home to Hull and see how he is going rather than really destroying his confidence.

Agree with this. He was excellent last year, a few less than convincing performances shouldn't mean we just write him off. Many did that with Ramsey, and look at him now.

If there's any game where we can give him a game, it's Hull at home.

Agree with this. He was excellent last year, a few less than convincing performances shouldn't mean we just write him off. Many did that with Ramsey, and look at him now.

If there's any game where we can give him a game, it's Hull at home.

He was good last season and looked assured many times but i saw him a few times this season and he looked like Bambi on ice.

I would like to think it will make the lad work harder on his weaknesses in his game so he is good enough to take over from Sagna as our long term right back. But at this point in time he just doesn't look up to the standard required.

I would like to think it will make the lad work harder on his weaknesses in his game so he is good enough to take over from Sagna as our long term right back. But at this point in time he just doesn't look up to the standard required.

But surely we won't know until we see him play again? Maybe he has been working harder since the Chelsea game and Wenger is rewarding that?

I agree you may well be right but I think he certainly deserves to be picked tomorrow night on the basis of last seasons performances rather than suffering for a couple of bad games.

As was pointed out earlier surely we have learned from Ramsey in not ruling out players too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok if in Dublin for Man City game come join us. You don't have to be a member

3rd December 2013 12:09
    Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club Annual Christmas Party!!!
    Seasons Greetings to the members of the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club!
    Manchester City -v- Arsenal on December 14th. Kick of is 12:45 in the Mercantile Hotel.
    Our Annual Christmas party will take place afterwards and all are welcome. We would ask all members who are coming in early to watch the game to bring a spot prize for the Christmas raffle. There will be an Arsenal quiz so make sure to join in the festivities! It will be a great night of music, food and drinks!
    The Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club would like to wish all their members and families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!:k if in Dublin for Man City game come and join us.You don't have to be a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

There should be absolutely no question about Jenkinson deputising at right full. Otherwise what's the point of him? The lad has talent and he needs to take his chances when opportunities like these present themselves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement