Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

I quite like Jenkinson...

Sagna looks like he'll move on next year, so hopefully Jenks gets some gametime and confidencefrom playing in an awesome team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So people dont want Jenkinson to play despite him being great at right back last year but want flamini to play there because he did a good job there 7 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That would be a major **** up if we let Sagna go in the summer and promote Jenko. He's nowhere near ready enough.

Nowhere near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

So people dont want Jenkinson to play despite him being great at right back last year but want flamini to play there because he did a good job there 7 years ago?
    I would rather see Flamini fill in at right back because I feel at this point in time he is a safer option to have in the team than Jenks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jenkinson might not be good enough to replace sagna yet but he never will be if we don't play him in these sort of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jenks has some weaknesses for sure but he's still developing, he's got a good engine and a superb cross. He should be well able for Hull at home.

But we should offer bac the contract he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I would rather see Flamini fill in at right back because I feel at this point in time he is a safer option to have in the team than Jenks.

I like that your going against Jenks given your track record on Ramsey and Szczesny he should be a star performer soon ;).

In all seriousness though one or two dodgy displays from Jenks this year it's amazing how many people are writing him off.

Last year when given a run of games he was brilliant and well worth his spot on the team. Once he is and finds confidence he can be a good addition to this squad possibly Sagnas replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That would be a major **** up if we let Sagna go in the summer and promote Jenko. He's nowhere near ready enough.

Nowhere near.

abate & micah richards are being linked, you'd expect a RB to be signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

How do you pay the euro? I have Sky Sports.

only getting back on now

you can pay by c.card (visa or mastercard) or by d.debit.
    i think d.debit is the better option, as they can be hard to cancel with

& call to cancel on or before the 31st & you'll just be charged a euro, otherwise on the 1st you'll get charged 19.99 for the next month

i haven't read them yet but there's this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057096519 on it & one on the soccer forum too about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

If Sagna was to go I would love to see us put in a bid for Coleman.

I know Jenkinson is young and did alright there last season but we are trying to push on and win the league again and can't affort weak links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Is tonights match on the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is tonights match on the box?

No

greendom wrote: »
    No

Ballix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

greendom wrote: »
    No

Not on UK TV but it's on Al Jazeera Network. He said it in the studio after the Man City game on Sunday that all Wednesdays games would be televised.

DenMan wrote: »
    Not on UK TV but it's on Al Jazeera Network. He said it in the studio after the Man City game on Sunday that all Wednesdays games would be televised.

Any way of watching that on a sky box??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Not sure. There is a thread for it I see. I'll be streaming it tonight!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86714895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

He was good last season and looked assured many times but i saw him a few times this season and he looked like Bambi on ice.

And isn't the point I was making that we should give him a chance based on last season despite that? Are you saying you disagree?

I definitely don't see any argument for Flamini there over Jenkinson. It's more than half a decade since we've seen evidence Flamini can do a job there. Jenkinson did a good job there less than a year ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think there's no doubt Flamini would put in a shift just about anywhere if he was asked, kind of player he is.

If for whatever reason we lose Bac in the summer we would have to add a right back, regardless of Jenkinson's progression. You need 2 players for every position.

Micah Richards would be my shout as he could cover RB and CB, he's from an Arsenal background, he's still young and he can't be too happy warming City's bench eternally.

Are we on telly tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Are we on telly tonight?

No, oddly just Swansea v Newcastle on BT. We might be on Al Jazeera or something though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

ronjo wrote: »
    If Sagna was to go I would love to see us put in a bid for Coleman.

I know Jenkinson is young and did alright there last season but we are trying to push on and win the league again and can't affort weak links.

Coleman has plenty of them defensively too to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Coleman has plenty of them defensively too to be fair.

You think?
    Anytime I have seen him play this season he has looked accomplished.
    That said, I havent see too many Everton games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not a chance

There will be plenty of streams available no doubt.

ronjo wrote: »
    You think?
    Anytime I have seen him play this season he has looked accomplished.
    That said, I havent see too many Everton games.

Ya he has some major brain farts at times too. He can be rash and also positionally he is sometimes poor. Excellent going forward. He is still learning though and is very very good but I do think he has a lot of improving to do.

Arseblog put this up yesterday.

What a f*cking goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Buzzing for tonight.

A Wednesday night league game.

Woooooooooo

Probably going to jinx it, but I'm very confident about tonight. Really looking forward to it!

any thoughts on the line up?

Jenks - Mert - Kos - Monreal
    Flamini - Ramsey
    Ozil - Rosicky - Wilshere
    Walcott

What a f*cking goal...

What a player Pires was he just oooozed class, people talk up the likes of Cantona and Ginola but Bobby was every bit as good as his fellow countrymen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What a player Pires was he just oooozed class, people talk up the likes of Cantona and Ginola but Bobby was every bit as good as his fellow countrymen.

Pires was leagues ahead of Ginola, shouldn't even be talked about in the same breath.

Just found out my neighbour's sister is a neighbour of our very own Arsene Wenger.

He's meant to be a demon for the Christmas lights.

• Advertisement

Pires was leagues ahead of Ginola, shouldn't even be talked about in the same breath.

I know that, but the way the media went on about Ginola you would swear he was Messi-like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Just found out my neighbour's sister is a neighbour of our very own Arsene Wenger.

He's meant to be a demon for the Christmas lights.

Hasnt bought a new set in years, because he doesnt want to kill those lights chances. If super super quality lights in a pound shop become avalible he will buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

wawaman wrote: »
    Hasnt bought a new set in years, because he doesnt want to kill those lights chances. If super super quality lights in a pound shop become avalible he will buy them

"I have never even heard of Christmas"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Probably going to jinx it, but I'm very confident about tonight. Really looking forward to it!

any thoughts on the line up?

Jenks - Mert - Kos - Monreal
    Flamini - Ramsey
    Ozil - Rosicky - Wilshere
    Walcott

I'd start Giroud. I know he needs a break but it's too soon for Walcott to be up top on his own. Bring him on in the 2nd half if it's not happening for OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And isn't the point I was making that we should give him a chance based on last season despite that? Are you saying you disagree?

I definitely don't see any argument for Flamini there over Jenkinson. It's more than half a decade since we've seen evidence Flamini can do a job there. Jenkinson did a good job there less than a year ago!

Not disagreeing as such.
    I was delighted with him last season but he was poor when I saw him several times this season unfortunately.
    I would leave it to Wenger but if it was up to me he'd be playing reserve football until he regained his confidence. If I thought he was a liability he would be nowhere near the first team regardless of who we're playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

What a f*cking goal...

Two memorable games against Villa that season- I think Seaman saved a penalty early in the second half. Pires was on fire at that time, he did his cruciate a week or two later, left a huge hole which was instantly filled by Ljungberg who hit the form of his life for the rest of that season.

The earlier game that season at Highbury saw Arsenal 2-0 down at half time, went out and scored three in the second half, Henry scored the winner in the last minute. Listen out for that annoying fan who used to scream every time Arsenal conceded at Highbury. Am I the only one who remembers her? Best thing about moving stadium is that that particular fan no longer had a season ticket near a microphone!

Sky Sports have it that Bendtner starts in place of Giroud....thread meltdown starts now!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Meltdown in 3..2..1

Arsenal Team:

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mert, Kos, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Rosicky, Cazorla and Bendtner.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wenger is...

a) drunk
    b) insane
    c) an insane genius
    d) trolling us

Take your pick.

FCUK OFF BENDTNER YOU USELESS MAN YOU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jesus i hope i'm wrong but this could backfire on us.
    Jack was just getting his form back too and maybe could do with this game.

Im guessing alarm bells must be ringing if Arsene has rested Giroud. But still I never wanted to see Niki B play for us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ugh, Bendtner starts and no Walcott. Very suprising.

If Hull park the bus then we could have a frustrating night. Lots of possession but penetration could be an issue with a statue up front and little pace about. Will need Walcott/Giroud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I would have picked Wilshere over Cazorla given the form of the two, but Bendy boots fcuk off not liking that I don't even like seeing him on the bench never mind the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looks like Hull are playing 2 up front and going for it. So suprised at no Walcott, seems set up for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are about 100 pundits licking their lips at the thought of being able to say 'I told you so' about our depth at CF if this goes wrong. Fingers crossed Ozil/Cazorla/Rambo should be enough anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No real complaints bar the obvious one. But, Bendtner knows he has to perform this season or he will be unemployed next season. He wont get many better chances than this to earn himself future employment somewhere.

Once Bendtner wears that Arsenal jersey ill be fully behind the lad. Would love him to bang a few in tonight if even to put himself in the shop window so we can offload him :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement