Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He's injured.

Presumably he had his feet up then !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Jernal wrote: »
    Mental block. Arsenal just needed that bit of luck to go their way. Once that block lifts (and it will) then you'll see a different Arsenal against Utd.
    No Mert would have been a factor as well! When was the last time we conceded a goal when he was playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wolf Club wrote: »
    No Mert would have been a factor as well! When was the last time we conceded a goal when he was playing?

22nd of October against Dortmund, I believe.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got the "arsenal always blow it after Christmas" spiel from a united fan on FB there along with the "can't see their form lasting, need more depth at the back".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just got the "arsenal always blow it after Christmas" spiel from a united fan on FB there along with the "can't see their form lasting, need more depth at the back".

*sigh* Just another wild statement with absolutely nothing to back it up with. I'm so used to hearing it now, "Arsenal have a terrible defence", "Mertesacker is a liability", "Arsenal only have one striker"... *Groans*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

he's an eejit :)

in fairness i'm hearing the same guff from my mates.

The same fella will be saying watch out for United after Christmas, we will really hit our stride then.

Eh, not this year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's great that they're bothered in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just the 12 points ahead of United then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Nice that they are still taking an interest in the title race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Jaysus lads did ye see the weather forecast for Manchester? It's -12 there.

(I'll be back with many more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

An excellent day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

The longer everyone keeps writing us off the better. Keeps the pressure off and the motivation high. This is a new team, the Arsenal of 2006-2012 is dead, we lost the heart of that team over a 12 month period (Nasri, Clichy, Song, vPersie, Fabregas). After 18 months or so of transition and a kick up the arse courtesy of Tottenham in March, things have finally started to click.

This team doesn't "always blow it", it's a new team, we don't know what they "always" do yet. But it sure is going to be fun finding out. The mentality seems different to Arsenal 06-12, the age profile of the squad is better, a better balance of youth and experience. I don't know if this team is good enough to win the title (still have Chelsea and ManCity slightly ahead of us) but I believe they can. It's good to be able to believe again, I've missed that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So if we don't lose to Chelsea and beat Everton, we could lose to City and stay top, after half the season having played all the teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

gosplan wrote: »
    So if we don't lose to Chelsea and beat Everton, we could lose to City and stay top, after half the season having played all the teams.

Sneaky tie against Newcastle after all of them, mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

next 6 games are going to be very tough but take each one at a time and we should be ok. oh to be a gooner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

gosplan wrote: »

Or how about we beat the 3 of them. Why the **** not? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads did ye see the weather forecast for Manchester? It's -12 there.

(I'll be back with many more)

I stole that to continue slagging a united mate on Facebook :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,476 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its time Arsenal stopped fearing the big teams like Chelsea, City and United and made them fear us.
    The way to do this is to continue to play as we are with confidence, flair and skill.
    That confidence increases with every win and enhances that position.
    Don't fear the big teams and don't treat the small teams with disdain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Solid.

Should have been more than 2 but I really like the efficiency the team is playing with. Blast teams in 5th gear for 10 min spells then back to 3rd gear to ease home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ronjo wrote: »
    Or how about we beat the 3 of them. Why the **** not? :D

Chelsea are beatable as are City, so why not. Everton and Newcastle will be tough matches too but winnable. Let's not go into those matches thinking we can't win them cause we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

gandalf wrote: »
    I stole that to continue slagging a united mate on Facebook :)

I stole it off Twitter - let the stealing rampage continue

wengergif1v.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Compared to United who are blowing it before Christmas.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ive been waiting along time to say this so let me have my glorious moment

BENDTNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Going to be interesting how the next few weeks go. Also, interesting to see who we will be linked to in January. We need another striker for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jank wrote: »
    Going to be interesting how the next few weeks go. Also, interesting to see who we will be linked to in January. We need another striker for sure.

We don't need another striker now that Bendtner is off the mark :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

that game just cost me over 150 quid as i bought club level seats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuk finally someone said on MOTD that we are capable of winning the league and it came from an ex Liverpool player :eek:.

Good performance tonight, nervous now for Sundays game really want my first game at the Emirates to be 3pts for us :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fcuk finally someone said on MOTD that we are capable of winning the league and it came from an ex Liverpool player :eek:.

Good performance tonight, nervous now for Sundays game really want my first game at the Emirates to be 3pts for us :o.

did Mark Lawerenson not say we would?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

My first game at the Emirates aswell Marty, I think we have picked a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will be at the game on Sunday too. That usually means a draw at best, sorry lads.

Just throwing this out there... JonJo Shelvey put in a man of the match performance tonight :pac:

Who ever suggested him in the first place :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

efb wrote: »
    did Mark Lawerenson not say we would?

I don't remember him saying it but I do stand to be corrected. Even Gary Lineker said finally someone who thinks Arsenal can win it.
    ironkiwi wrote: »

Yea should be cracking game either way, but 3 pts would be the icing on the cake. The last time I left the country for a football match it didn't go to well stupid Henry handball :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

jank wrote: »

Berbatov is looking for out in January....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Berbatov is looking for out in January....

Would not like to see Berba at Arsenal, he has this lazy attitude that comes into effect when things aren't going his way, he looks totally disheartened at Fulham because the way things are going, instead of pulling up his socks and battling he wants out. Bad attitude and there is surely better options out there in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would not like to see Berba at Arsenal, he has this lazy attitude that comes into effect when things aren't going his way, he looks totally disheartened at Fulham because the way things are going, instead of pulling up his socks and battling he wants out. Bad attitude and there is surely better options out there in January.

Don't think it's a bad attitude, more that's just his style. He isn't the kind of player to track back and get stuck in. He'll wander around the penalty box waiting for the ball to come to him. A good defence or poor service and he isn't much use.

He might fit if we played two up top, but not with only one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

He turns 33 in January. He can go join Henry and Keane in the pensioners league.

Ramsey's assist to Ozil was a thing of beauty. The boy can do no wrong this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Don't think it's a bad attitude, more that's just his style. He isn't the kind of player to track back and get stuck in. He'll wander around the penalty box waiting for the ball to come to him. A good defence or poor service and he isn't much use.

He might fit if we played two up top, but not with only one.

Ya not gone on him either by any means. Just a handy player to have from January until May in an ideal world. Good to have if we needed a goal.

Very impressed with Monreal tonight - does he offer a little more composure going forward than Gibbs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just watched the United-Everton game, and we really need to be careful with Everton. Not an easy game, definitely way more difficult than Hull. They did, however, go forward a lot allowing for counter attacks. Could be a good idea to let them do that first, and then show them how to use the chances they created. Pretty sure Wenger knows it already, but post it in case he missed the game:D
    Very happy with the points, Chelsea and City are getting closer now, so we really have to win next game to stay on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I'll see yee guys there.

My first game was Gilles Grimandi's first goal for us anyone remember that goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'll see yee guys there.

My first game was Gilles Grimandi's first goal for us anyone remember that goal :)
    My first one was Norwich this season, and then Southampton. Both with 3 points - I do expect you to bring 3 points too!
    And some nice goals - the one we had with Norwich would do:D

I'll see yee guys there.

Crystal Palace in a 1-0 win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

keano_afc wrote: »
    Crystal Palace in a 1-0 win?

Is'nt Google great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Everton(H), Napoli (A), Man City (A), Chelsea (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle(A)

Only two home games between now and the New Year, very tough looking fixture list. Chelsea looking leaky, 3 points from them would be great!

No better team than Arsenal to do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Everton(H), Napoli (A), Man City (A), Chelsea (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle(A)

Only two home games between now and the New Year, very tough looking fixture list. Chelsea looking leaky, 3 points from them would be great!

No better team than Arsenal to do it though.

If we can get through these fixtures and still be maybe level on points with the leaders we will have a great chance of the title come may.

• Advertisement

Is'nt Google great! :)

Probably. I didnt have to use it though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If we can get through these fixtures and still be maybe level on points with the leaders we will have a great chance of the title come may.

There is a very tough run of games in March/April that will probably decide things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    There is a very tough run of games in March/April that will probably decide things

Yeah but were always stronger towards the end of the season which is why I would fancy us if we get past this tough run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looking at the fixture list. It was probably a good idea to try and rest a few players last night. Although, it's easier to say that after it paid off of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Some good fixtures coming up and you have to fancy your chances in all of them

I think we will still be top when we come out of them but only just

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement