Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

A scary part of the fixture-list for Arsenal is:

Spurs (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Manchester City (H)
    Everton (A)

All in a row with important Champions League ties sandwiched between.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

cathalio11 wrote: »

Spurs (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Manchester City (H)
    Everton (A)

Scary for Spurs; Chelsea, City and Everton I assume... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Spurs (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Manchester City (H)
    Everton (A)

The Chelsea game is at the Emirates on rhe 23rd no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Chelsea game is at the Emirates on rhe 23rd no?

he is talking about Arsenals run of games in March

wawaman wrote: »
    he is talking about Arsenals run of games in March

I see, was just wondering because its nearly an exact reversal of whats happening this month, bar the Spurs game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I see, was just wondering because its nearly an exact reversal of whats happening this month, bar the Spurs game.

yeh if we are still involved at that stage, that run of games will go along way towards deciding how the season will end

And we always do SO well in March too...

We had a good November, so who knows what will happen

wawaman wrote: »
    yeh if we are still involved at that stage, that run of games will go along way towards deciding how the season will end

Barring a run of about 6 games without a in, ye'll be still well invovled at that stage, I cant see anybody really running away with it anyway and will probably go right down to the wire this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

http://avenell.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-night-bayern-munich-came-to-town.html?m=1

That's an excellent piece which pretty much encapsulates how we've changed tactically since February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

I have no problems with not signing anyone in the Summer.

Confident that Giroud, Podolski, Bendtner, Walcott and Sanogo are enough for the centre-forward position and I don't think it's worth risking millions on another back-up.

If Arsenal were to sign a striker in the summer it wouldn't be a back up. It'd be some 40 - 50 million replacement for Giroud, with Giroud then becoming the back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Giroud is very good at what he does but he's nowhere near the quality of Suarez or Aguero. Or even Rooney and that Dutch fella that plays up front for United. If Arsenal had a striker of that quality they'd be unstoppable.

If the money is there and the right player becomes available then it'd be foolish not to upgrade. Trying to make do with what we have has cost the club trophies over the past 10 years, although admittedly it sometimes pays off big time (Ramsey, Szczesny etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

cson wrote: »
    http://avenell.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-night-bayern-munich-came-to-town.html?m=1

That's an excellent piece which pretty much encapsulates how we've changed tactically since February.

Superb read, very interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Seriously? Hate him or love him rooney is a beast of player and would start on just about any team in the world.
    He is playing well but I still would not want him at Arsenal. For me its his attitude but that aside I dont think he is the best we could get.

Some players that I just despise and would never want to see in an Arsenal shirt no matter how good they would be. He is one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you look through the squad list right now Bendtner is the only player who you could claim lacks work ethic, the squad seem to have great togetherness, maturity and drive. Lets not ruin that by bringing in Berbatov..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Seriously? Hate him or love him rooney is a beast of player and would start on just about any team in the world.

He wouldnt really. I doubt Madrid, Barca or Bayern would want him. PSG, Dortmund and Man City perhaps also.

He has 8 EPL goals along with Lukaku and Remy and you can see him finishing with similar goals to these 2. Certainly not more than Aguero, Suarez and RVP if fit.

He works hard for the team no doubt, but to say he is one of the best players in the world is not accurate imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    He wouldnt really. I doubt Madrid, Barca or Bayern would want him. PSG, Dortmund and Man City perhaps also.

He has 8 EPL goals along with Lukaku and Remy and you can see him finishing with similar goals to these 2. Certainly not more than Aguero, Suarez and RVP if fit.

He works hard for the team no doubt, but to say he is one of the best players in the world is not accurate imo.

Ah come on Im not a major fan of the character but he is top top class. Only for him god knows where United would be this season.

He would stroll on to our team and look a cut above if we are being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone questioning Rooney's ability needs to be a bit more objective, its obviously more to do with teh man that the footballer, he is quite literally a one man team at present with the unmentionable out injured and only for him its inconceivable where united would be.

As for the claims that his attitude is all wrong, sorry i don't get that either, if anything he cares and tries too much at times, which can land him in disciplinary trouble. He is a class act na dwould be an asset to any Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

As much as I love Giroud and appreciate what he gives to the team, if we have ambitions to push on and win trophies like the League and Champions League over the next few years then we need someone of the calibre of Aguero or Suarez. They're on a different level to Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Anyone questioning Rooney's ability needs to be a bit more objective, its obviously more to do with teh man that the footballer, he is quite literally a one man team at present with the unmentionable out injured and only for him its inconceivable where united would be.

It has nothing to do with him as a man, I could care less about that, I have plenty respect for him. His effort and work ethic is to be admired, and will go down as one of the best of the EPL when retired.

I just dont think he is one of the best players in the world.

If I was given an unlimited budget to buy a team, he wouldnt be in it. I doubt he would be in many people's teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not sure if its been mentioned but it looks like Sidney Sam is on his way to Schalke.

Pretty much confirms Draxler is leaving soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Where would we fit Draxler in? Not that I'm complaining!

Theo as our alternate striker maybe?

cson wrote: »
    Where would we fit Draxler in? Not that I'm complaining!

Theo as our alternate striker maybe?

Well Draxler is mainly a winger but considering his build I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger converted him to a CF.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well he's mainly a winger but considering his build I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger converted him to a CF.

Can't see it happening, I like Walcott and think he is a vital part of the team but I just think he lacks that football intelligence to play up front.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Can't see it happening, I like Walcott and think he is a vital part of the team but I just think he lacks that football intelligence to play up front.

Sorry was talking about Draxler :pac:
    Edited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sagna's out of the Everton and Napoli games so Jenks will continue at RB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Some tasty draws there in the WC draw and a lot of Arsenal interest. Hoping Joel Campbell will start so we can see what he is made of.

Had to laugh at this tweet by Kompany
    Vincent Kompany ‏@VincentKompany 9m
    England.. Awww

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I read an article somewhere where wenger would try covert draxlar if we got him into a cf

Aldo think Campbell deserves a chance to stake a claim he is doing pretty well on loan

• Advertisement

I read an article somewhere where wenger would try covert draxlar if we got him into a cf

Aldo think Campbell deserves a chance to stake a claim he is doing pretty well on loan

6 goals in 13 games and 8 assists so far with Olympiakos this season :eek:

Ba0vI9_CcAE_0os.jpg

:pac:

That rag The Irish Mirror are reporting Van Persie has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That rag The Irish Mirror are reporting Van Persie has handed in a transfer request.

Wrong thread bud :D

He aint Arsenal's problem anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

1471824_10152026826503886_47025471_n.jpg
    Limerick FC Chairman Pat O'Sullivan spoke to Eric Moylan of Newstalk at the Clarion Hotel this evening about the club's community work and link with Arsenal FC through the Gap Year Programme. Coaches involved on the programme and co-ordinator Barry Lynch were also interviewed. The piece will be on air during next week; we'll post in advance to let you know when it's on.

Limerick FC and Arsenal have this link going on for a few years now - any chance they'd have Arsenal over in Thomond? I've been to Liverpool XI (had the likes of Sterling in the team) at Jackman Park and Man City at Thomond, be nice to have Arsenal as well.

Thankfully :D

• Advertisement

Whilst, it's never going to happen, (he'll probably go to city next) but what would be the reaction from the Arsenal supporters if he ever did come back?

I think it would take a few goals/hat-tricks/a trophy and he'd be forgiven. We're a fickle bunch after all!

Whilst, it's never going to happen, (he'll probably go to city next) but what would be the reaction from the Arsenal supporters if he ever did come back?

I think it would take a few goals/hat-tricks/a trophy and he'd be forgiven. We're a fickle bunch after all!

Not a chance I would have him back mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Would rather another decade without a trophy rather than see him back

Except when he scores against us.

Twice.

Thats all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Never gonna happen. Never.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd welcome him back with open arms. Not a hope in hell it would ever happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Man utd are still in the race for all titles, so it has to be a personality problem......? Moyes?

Lol. Honestly, it's a non story. Mark Lawrenson "Heard he wants to leave"... honestly he the worst pundit out there and what would he know anyway.

FearDark wrote: »
    Lol. Honestly, it's a non story. Mark Lawrenson "Heard he wants to leave"... honestly he the worst pundit out there and what would he know anyway.

Spot on,

Lawro is a spiteful little creature who hates praising anything. Miserable man.
    Always rolling his eyes and tuting when other pundits applause players efforts.

The sooner the BBC kick him into touch the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd welcome him back with open arms. Not a hope in hell it would ever happen anyway.

Ya, same as that, I'd have him back no questions asked..

Ya, same as that, I'd have him back no questions asked..

No way. It's like your wife taking off with some big shot millionaire, getting herself rodgered senseless, she still manages to see you twice a year where she does it with him in front of you and then when things go sour she comes crawling back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

dvemail wrote: »

Nice video at the end of the article too about the club's charity work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

The Times reckon Wenger is close to singing a new 3 year deal.
    Great news if true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement