Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Ya, same as that, I'd have him back no questions asked..

No. Never.

I had a bit of a rant, but it's the usual one we have all read a million times before. However, I will leave probably the most valid (and least bitter) point here.

He is 30.

Yes he is very good but is he going to get better at this stage? There are plenty of strikers as good as him that are at least a few years younger than him who will give us a lot more in the long run. As much as I dislike them, Rooney and Suarez offer the same, if not a whole lot more and are 2/4 years younger than him and that's without going outside England.

Sign someone new and leave the past where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A little worried about the game tomorrow, lukaku is the type of big powerful fast striker that usually cause us trouble. If we keep him quiet then we should win. Both midfield are both very technical but our one having more class in my opinion.

After evertons big display mid week hopefully they're a little tired.

I predict 2 - 1 Gunners win.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    A little worried about the game tomorrow, lukaku is the type of big powerful fast striker that usually cause us trouble. If we keep him quiet then we should win. Both midfield are both very technical but our one having more class in my opinion.

After evertons big display mid week hopefully they're a little tired.

I predict 2 - 1 Gunners win.

To be fair I thought we had a few more gears in us in the last match. Should be a bit more rested than Everton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Beating your nearest rivals at home is what distinguishes champions from runners-up.

We need to beat Everton and Chelsea, then at least get a point at Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Beating your nearest rivals at home is what distinguishes champions from runners-up.

We need to beat Everton and Chelsea, then at least get a point at Man City.

I agree ccompletley mate we need to show that steel that we lack against the big teams to prove we are worthy of being title contenders.

Call me pessimistic but I can only see us realistically getting 4 points out of the
    Everton
    Chelsea
    Man city fixtures

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

After reading Ozil talking about what a revelation it's been to be in a dressing room with no egos... we re-sign van Persie.

... naw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I say we keep signing more Germans. The likes of reus/draxler would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I say we keep signing more Germans. The likes of reus/draxler would be brilliant.

Sure we may as well sign Gundogan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Great interview with Mertsacker here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10501748/Per-Mertesacker-says-I-am-proud-to-be-part-of-the-Arsenal-tradition-ahead-of-Evertons-visit-to-Emirates-Stadium.html

I liked this quote about how he has adjusted now to the EPL after a tough starting period:

" I now have the nose and can smell the danger."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We will beat Everton easily enough.
    A poor United team created 8 clear chances against them and failed to score.
    We will get at least 2 goals. I'm predicting a 2 -- 0 scoreline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

We will beat Everton easily enough.
    A poor United team created 8 clear chances against them and failed to score.
    We will get at least 2 goals. I'm predicting a 2 -- 0 scoreline.

That's very optimistic! I can see Lukaku scoring against us...basically because he's Drogba MarkII. Can see a scored draw myself, maybe 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Very worried about the City game tbh, less than 3 days turnover after a trip to Napoli is scandalous.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FearDark wrote: »
    That's very optimistic! I can see Lukaku scoring against us...basically because he's Drogba MarkII. Can see a scored draw myself, maybe 2-2.

I don't think Lukaku will give us as much trouble as Drogba used to, he doesn't have the same battering ram qualities that Drogba had imo. Also I think our current back four would deal with Drogba a lot better then the defence he used to come against.

I'm nowhere near as optimistic about the match as tayto is either though!

We should win it though, I expect us to steam roll Napoli regardless and would be very happy with a point against City.

AdamD wrote: »
    Very worried about the City game tbh, less than 3 days turnover after a trip to Napoli is scandalous.

Especially as were not playing Chelsea until the Monday before Christmas in our next match. 9 days after City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

1 nil down RVP ruled out for offside.

Hahahahahahhahaha

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

1 nil down RVP ruled out for offside.

Hahahahahahhahaha

Don't jinx it :pac:

Someone call the authorities. His inner child is being neglected

How the hell did we lose to that team? Baffling.

Have to feel sorry for RVP really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You're welcome. :):):):)

• Advertisement

As much fun as it is to see Utd losing, it's Chelsea and City we need dropping points.

dvemail wrote: »
    As much fun as it is to see Utd losing, it's Chelsea and City we need dropping points.

True. But its still fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh god I am enjoying the United Mega Thread so much! Its still -12 in Old Trafford ;)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How the hell did we lose to that team? Baffling.

The two tough games in the days prior coupled with perhaps a little bit too much respect for them. When we woke up in the second half we had gave ourselves a bit too much to do at that stage. I suppose to United's credit it was the last sting of the dying wasp.

Actually feel bad for Moyes because i think he is a good man but feeling a bit smug about Mr Van Persie now with his little boy shíte. Moral of the story - never listen to the child inside :D

gandalf wrote: »
    Oh god I am enjoying the United Mega Thread so much! Its still -12 in Old Trafford ;)

Temperatures could drop by another -3 in the next 24 hours please god :D

Temperatures could drop by another -3 in the next 24 hours please god :D

If that happens I can see a few of my Man United Facebook friends deleting their accounts LOL!

gandalf wrote: »
    If that happens I can see a few of my Man United Facebook friends deleting their accounts LOL!

All the sh*te i had to endure over the years about the high standards of MUFC from their 'fans' many of whom who jumped ship when Liverpool stopped winning leagues to support United.....now their answer to Steve Jobs has left town :D Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I start wondering if Moyes will last for the whole year. . .not that it matters really.
    As stated earlier today, Chelsea and City are the other very good teams this year.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    ..Chelsea and City are the other very good teams this year.

They are the real competition this year and unfortunately both are winning at the moment as well !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well that was a lovely 30 seconds!

• Advertisement

Both Stoke and Southampton equalized on 42'.

I refuse to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bellerin seems to be playing fantastic for Watford, get him back in January, give Jenkinson competition, and if Sagna cant play, pick the one on the best form.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

And Liverpool

They also both conceded on 10'.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Bellerin seems to be playing fantastic for Watford, get him back in January, give Jenkinson competition, and if Sagna cant play, pick the one on the best form.

Nearly well off leaving him there till the end of the year if we can. At least he will get proper game time at Watford. He does look to be doing well for himself so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Stoke beating Chelsea now. 2-1

All is forgiven Stevey Ireland :D

Edit: as I speak Schurrle scores :mad:

Edit: Disallowed for offside :D

Edit again: Misunderstood that as couldn't hear TV properly. Hope stoke can hold on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Roddy23 wrote: »

Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Roddy23 wrote: »

n71uh5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That didnt last long 2-2

Bring back Chamakh

Last minute goal for Stoke 3 -- 2. :D

Holy tits on a nun, 3-2 to stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Stoke winning 3 - 2 now and City still drawing. Happy days :D

• Advertisement

I love it! I ****ing love it!!

We HAVE to do the business tomorrow now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gwan the Stoke. I feel dirty after saying that.

Jesus lads this has to be the year. it just has to be.

Ive been waiting so long I dont think I could go on if we dont last till the end.

Has to be the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I was thinking Chelsea will come good and we wouldn't match them this season.

But they keep going on a run and then loosing, I'm very confident we can do something special!

FearDark wrote: »
    I love it! I ****ing love it!!

We HAVE to do the business tomorrow now.

We will :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement