Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

City draw, could be a great weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Today has been absolutely golden. Win tomorrow, and no matter what happens against Chelsea and City, we're still top. Who'd've thought it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Set up beautifully for tomorrows game. We're still 4 ahead and haven't even played, what a great weekend so far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Chuffed with todays results, MASSIVE MASSIVE game 2moro. COYG!!!

Win tomorrow and we are 7 clear, 7!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A seven point cushion going into the City and Chelsea games would be too sweet for words.

To be honest, we should be looking for 3 points against Chelsea after their last two performances. There for the taking imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ain't that a lovely Saturday!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A seven point cushion going into the City and Chelsea games would be too sweet for words.

To be honest, we should be looking for 3 points against Chelsea after their last two performances. There for the taking imo!

Chelsea will raise their game for us. Plus they seem to be weak from set pieces which isn't really us.

Regardless, unless they improve against the others and City find some proper away form, we'll just have to replicate our results in this half of the season to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Imagine winning the next 3 games now and being 10 points clear going into the new year. How amazing that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

What a f*cking day.

Stoke beating chelsea is beautiful, City drawing is delish, United getting beaten by newcastle at old trafford is a joy, United fans being so upset is the cherry on the cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

A good day indeed, could easily come undone tomorrow, Everton not one to be taken for granted but these are the type of games we need to be winning if we want to win the title.

Hopefully Sunderland can make a good day even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal will never win the league with a defence that's conceded 8 less than Liverpool, 7 less than Chelsea, 5 less than City and 12 less than United.

we wont win it unless we beat the big clubs.

never mind that the big clubs are getting beaten by the little clubs. pundits dont have a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm happy with losing to the big clubs and winning against the little ones.

Who am I joking, I want to beat the "big" clubs also.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Unreal set of results, terrible for my prediction league score however :mad:

the best thing about the man u result is it wasn't even a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have to agree, 6 goals left in against Stoke and Sunderland and our next away game is at the Emirates?

I cant see past an Arsenal win TBH.

GavRedKing wrote: »

chelsea will seriously raise their game for the trip to us. No doubt.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I have to agree, 6 goals left in against Stoke and Sunderland and our next away game is at the Emirates?

Yeah, as gosplan said though they will definitely raise their game. Is Oscar expected back by then?

• Advertisement

And until Arsenal realise they are one of the big teams, we will keep dropping points to the so-called big teams.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    chelsea will seriously raise their game for the trip to us. No doubt.

Having watched our away performances all season it wont matter a f**k, we'll ship at least 2 goals against you lot and its the main reason I cant see us winning the league.

Our away record, Pl8, W3, D2, L3, GF13, GA11, Pts11

Yeah, as gosplan said though they will definitely raise their game. Is Oscar expected back by then?

He should be back but until he drops Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpilicueta from LB we'll ship terrible goals.

My take is it should be Azp Luiz JT Cole

Ivan is a terrible RB, Cahill is a poor JT, JT is past it and Azp isnt a LB.

Couple that with Cech making another error today on the back of the WBA game ye have nothing to fear with our fragile defence.

That's a poor record to say the least. But Chelsea will be more motivated against us vs other sides. It could be a belter of a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Was watchin the Chelsea game and after Stoke's winner the commntator said "Does anybody want this title?" :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

L'prof wrote: »
    Was watchin the Chelsea game and after Stoke's winner the commntator said "Does anybody want this title?" :confused:

In fairness he did say (except Arsenal) after he realised his mistake.
    It does seem that we're there by accident according to the media...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

What's the story with Lewandowski? Reading Wikipedia and it says he's available for any club in January. Do you think he'll come to Arsenal?

Magic day. Absolutely magic. Huge game tomorrow COYG!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

FearDark wrote: »
    It does seem that we're there by accident according to the media...

Well to be fair to the media a lot of people in this thread had Wenger and the team written off at the start of the season.

What's the story with Lewandowski? Reading Wikipedia and it says he's available for any club in January. Do you think he'll come to Arsenal?

Nope, it'll be Bayern

apparently the Bayern move is a done deal.

• Advertisement

He will go to Bayern and make them even more of a powerhouse.

symbolic wrote: »
    Well to be fair to the media a lot of people in this thread had Wenger and the team written off at the start of the season.

and then we signed Flamini and everything changed.

oh and Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Hopefully Bayern (or Guardiola) have a change of heart and go for Aguero or Suarez instead. It's not like they don't have the funds. Then that would free up Lewandowski for an Arsenal move.

That's just me being optimistic though so do ignore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Poldi almost back . Just need the OX to be pretty much have a clean bill of health too

and then we signed Flamini and everything changed.

oh and Ozil.

Ha I know, I just mean it's understandable they are doubtful of arsenal going the distance.

Anyway I want nothing more than Wenger to prove all of them wrong :-) I think he is a great manager, and it must have been tough getting so much grief from the fans.

Roll on tomorrow.

Gonna be a tough game tomorrow, but we should be well up for it.

Gonna be a tough game tomorrow, but we should be well up for it.

True.

I kinda wish I could just buy the 2013-2014 premier league Boxset and watch it all now.

today keeps getting better - sp**s one goal down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Chamakh and Bendtner both have more goals in December than Messi, RVP and Ronaldo combined

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think by this time next year bellerin wil be our RB a terffic little player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Almost perfect. Liverpool dropping points would have been the icing on the cake. spurs too but that doesnt matter since they wont be in contention for the title.

I'm confidant of being 7 clear this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chamakh and Bendtner both have more goals in December than Messi, RVP and Ronaldo combined

Yes Mourinho we see your Lukaku and we raise you a Chamakh :D

Of the 10 league goals we have conceded...

3 of them came against Aston Villa at home
    1 of them came against Fulham away
    1 against West Brom away
    1 against Norwich at home
    1 against Man United away
    1 against Stoke at home
    1 against Swansea away
    1 against Sunderland away

So we have kept 6 clean sheets in our 14 league games v

Liverpool
    C Palace
    Cardiff
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Southampton

We have conceded 1 league goal since October 19th which came the 10th November against Man United.

Keep a clean sheet tomorrow and our average concession rate will be a goal every 1.5 games. Quite amazing stinginess.
    What an unbelievable turnaround! COYG!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

A win tomorrow is essential to set up the games against Chelsea and City. I would go as far to say that the game tomorrow is the most important of the season so far and might be the game that starts people really believing.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    A win tomorrow is essential to set up the games against Chelsea and City. I would go as far to say that the game tomorrow is the most important of the season so far and might be the game that starts people really believing.

Every game this month should be treated as a cup final. Come through December unscathed and we have a great chance on the back 19 games.

Everton H
    Man City A
    Chelsea H
    West Ham A
    Newcastle A

Then we host Cardiff at home January 1st. I think we can win the other 3 games and If we can take 4 points from City and Chelsea at the very least.....then ill really start to believe its our season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Of the 10 league goals we have conceded...

3 of them came against Aston Villa at home
    1 of them came against Fulham away
    1 against West Brom away
    1 against Norwich at home
    1 against Man United away
    1 against Stoke at home
    1 against Swansea away
    1 against Sunderland away

So we have kept 6 clean sheets in our 14 league games v

Liverpool
    C Palace
    Cardiff
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Southampton

We have conceded 1 league goal since October 19th which came the 10th November against Man United.

Keep a clean sheet tomorrow and our average concession rate will be a goal every 1.5 games. Quite amazing stinginess.
    What an unbelievable turnaround! COYG!

All the more remarkable considering our defence is full of weak links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Chamack looked decent today. Scored a nice goal.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Chamack looked decent today. Scored a nice goal.

I'm actually delighted for him. He seemed to lose his way after he joined us and I believe there was some stuff going on in his private life but he seemed a good bloke.

Hmmm according to the Mirror and Mark Lawrenson RvP is going to hand in a transfer request on Tuesday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-request-2900457

Probably a pile of tosh given the source is Lawrenson but its going to rake up the worry pressure on Moyes. Should we resign him? I wouldn't myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gandalf wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted for him. He seemed to lose his way after he joined us and I believe there was some stuff going on in his private life but he seemed a good bloke.

he was decent enough at the start, the first 3/4 months when he was starting all the time, up until v.persie came back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement