Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well that was a pretty awesome watch tbf. Think Santi needs to be dropped for these big games coming up though, he was horrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Think Theo's little cameo has cemented his spot back in the team. Looked very lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maire2009 wrote: »
    george-michael-collapse-o.gif

If Everton keep playing like that they will do us a hell of a lot of favours by taking points off over teams. Need to get something at City now and beat Chelsea at home.

If only Giroud shot had gone in .... Ramsey needs a rest, I'd bring in Rosicky for him against Napoli.

I'm thinking that Ozil needs a rest mid-week too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No harm having a bit of rotation against Napoli imo, the squad is strong enough to still beat them. Would definitely like to see Theo start at least.

I have my doubts about the league after today. Piss poor first half. Top players going missing the same way as they did at Old Trafford. Pegged back in our own half. If Everton can do this to us then City and Chelsea will batter us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

we was well unlucky.

Arsenal should have won that.

we should have been 2 goals up at half time.

For all the possesion everton had, they did not create much especially in the 1st half when shez never made a single save.

It wasnt until 2nd half everton played and tested shez.

Arsenal started off 2nd half well though and again should have grabbed another and be 3 goals up by then.

Everton did play decently but felt arsenal deserved all 3 points considering we created more quality chances.

Girud needs to step up. If RVP or suarez had the chnaces girud had today, we would have beaten everton convincingly.

That is the missing piece to this arsenal side, a striker who can score winners out of nothing.

Make a cheeky 50m bid for Suarez in January wenger and believe you me, we can win the title!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The biggest disappointment for me is not being able to post victory gif's now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Crying out for a top class striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I have my doubts about the league after today. Piss poor first half. Top players going missing the same way as they did at Old Trafford. Pegged back in our own half. If Everton can do this to us then City and Chelsea will batter us.

Bit harsh there very good we were below par and we got a good point

Gonna be ups and downs along the way can't win them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

On form Everton's defense is better than the boys.

Draw was a fair result and Arsenal not running riot is not a reflection on Arsenal, just another match highlighting how well Martinez Everton are trucking along.

Santi was muck though tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gutted with that result, but we were poor and deserved no better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep. A good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

You can call it a good point all you like but we should have won that. You just have to clinical when you get in those positions. You have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Jeez that's terribly negative. Everton are an excellent team with a great midfield. Yes some players like Arteta had a terrible game. That happens. Ramsey had a knock too. We are not going to play every team off the park. It's a long year and we will have good days and bad days. We are in the mix and will be there or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Atreta / Ramsey very poor today let Barkley dominate that game

Also the were poor protecting our defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Kos and Mert handled Lukaku really well but we seemed to get too caught up in him and the rest of our play suffered. Sat back way too deep - the second Flamini was on the pitch he was shouting at people to push up. Giroud was so isolated up front today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jeez that's terribly negative. Everton are an excellent time with a great midfield. Yes some players like Arteta had a terrible game. That happens. Ramsey had a knock too. We are not going to play every team off the park. It's a long year and we will have good days and bad days. We are in the mix and will be there or there abouts.

Thought we played poorly too.
    Far too many poor passes and panicky kicks giving possession away.
    You have to win your home games and have most of the play. We didn't.
    I thought Walcott had to be a starter today to keep them penned back too.
    However we didn't lose but we seriously have to improve against Chelsea and City if we are to get anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Yep. A good point.
    If we're still content with top 4 then yeah, a good point. I'd like to think we're aiming higher this season however...

Off topic but does anyone know what has happened to jovetic at city?

It does feel like we once again couldn't capitalise and lost our bottle a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

If we're still content with top 4 then yeah, a good point. I'd like to think we're aiming higher this season however...

It's unrealistic to expect to win every game though. And Everton are a very good team in great form who have taken points off most if not all of the big sides they've played this season.

The important thing is that we bounce back straight away.

Koscielny was man of the match for me today.

Disappointed to see some pointing a finger of blame at Szcz, had a very good game and that goal was well taken. Wouldn't really fault him today myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Off topic but does anyone know what has happened to jovetic at city?

Injured.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's not a bad point regardless of where we're aiming, City are the only team out of the top 4 that haven't dropped points against Everton. We're 5 points clear at the top of the table, with our closest rival losing we've actually still managed to widen the gap, there's only one place we're aiming.

But it doesn't work like that. Yes in theory you should win all your home games and dominate. Has there ever been a season where a team has won every home game?

We got a draw we just about deserved today. We will wins and draws we don't deserve either. Maybe just maybe starting next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Everton were very good. Could of done better and were unlucky Girouds effort didnt go in. We were not at our best and still had the best chances.

I think Theo did well and showed hes ready to start again to give us more variety to our attacking play. Bit of perspective needed. 5 points clear lets see how we do against city and chelsea and we will know where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some people are disappointed that we're only 5 points clear instead of 7. How things have changed :)

It's unrealistic to expect to win every game though. And Everton are a very good team in great form who have taken points off most if not all of the big sides they've played this season.

The important thing is that we bounce back straight away.

Koscielny was man of the match for me today.

That's all well and good but the fact that we have to "bounce back straight away" kind of supports the notion that we shouldn't consider this a "good point".:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Also I think everton will be right up there at the end. Will finish ahead of spurs and united for me. And I would be delighted to see it

We need Podolski back - hopefully he can get on the bench soon. Giroud puts in massive work up front and get knackered - be great to have someone other than Bendtner to turn too.

• Advertisement

Also I think everton will be right up there at the end. Will finish ahead of spurs and united for me. And I would be delighted to see it

I've always liked Martinez, so I hope you're right to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Look, I said its a good point because we didn't play well at all....with the exception of the defence that is.

We would have lost that game last year.

Hate saying it, santi needs to be dropped, has been rubbish since he came back, we dont need to carry any more passengers anymore, we have a good squad, think we miss some directness too.

As weekends go, that was a good one. City, Chelsea and Utd all drops points in games where they should win. While we dropped points against a high flying Everton side, all in all I'm happy how the last few days panned out.

Jaysus will you relax! It's an alternative opinion, not a personal attack on you:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads I really can't believe you're not happy with a good point against an excellent Everton team. After the Villa game if someone told me that we would be 5 points clear of the pack at the beginning of December I would have told them to take a hike.

gandalf wrote: »
    Lads I really can't believe you're not happy with a good point against an excellent Everton team. After the Villa game if someone told me that we would be 5 points clear of the pack at the beginning of December I would have told them to take a hike.

Just feel we should be aiming to win all home games and anything less than that should be treated as a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Maire2009 wrote: »
    We need Podolski back - hopefully he can get on the bench soon. Giroud puts in massive work up front and get knackered - be great to have someone other than Bendtner to turn too.

Yes indeed, Wenger needs to consider getting an extra striker in January. Pod is nearly always unavailable.

Thought we had a few areas that disappointed today but I think Giroud is a long way down that list in fairness to him.

The lack of a Suarez / Aguero was not the reason we drew today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Thought we had a few areas that disappointed today but I think Giroud is a long way down that list in fairness to him.

The lack of a Suarez / Aguero was not the reason we drew today.

Thought Cazorla, Wilshere, were poor today.

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Walcott should be on the right instead from now on. Cazorla has been poor all season, hope his form turns soon.

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Agreed. Arteta was off the boil too. Ramsey wasnt at his best.

We really suffered in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Look, I said its a good point because we didn't play well at all....with the exception of the defence that is.

We would have lost that game last year.

I agree with this. Good point considering how poor we were.

We have to start clicking in an attacking sense or we'll blow the league. Our defence has been outstanding all year but you can see that we'll struggle against good teams.

Basically our MO so far is play excellently in defence and rely on general talent to grab a goal or two.

Doesn't work against Utd or Everton though cause we're not playing well enough to score 2 or 3 against a decent defence and you can't always keep a clean sheet.

Realistically I can't remember it clicking for us since Napoli match.

Hopefully Wally's return will help.

Our defence is amazing though. Fair play to them.

gosplan wrote: »

Realistically I can't remember it clicking for us since Napoli match.

Agreed, it's remarkable the amount of points we have picked up playing dog poor. Liverpool is the last match i remember where we looked somewhat dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oh, I also reckon there was a huge case of jitters at the prospect of going 7 points ahead.

Not saying they're bottlers but it might be hard for this team to take advantage of opportunities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It does feel like we once again couldn't capitalise and lost our bottle a bit.

On the contrary the Gunners showed tremendous bottle today. Something that was arguably lacking in the dismal match at Old Trafford, when in truth Man United dragged Arsenal down to their level.

To be at home, to get outplayed for 40 mins by clearly an excellent side - to stick at it, defend well and still come out of that 90 mins without being beaten shows great character.

The centre-backs and goalkeeper were terrific and surely you cant argue conceding a long-range strike is bottling it. If the defence retreated and invited pressure on in waves, then fair enough. That wasn't the case.

The acid test is, of course, City. They absolutely pummel most teams at home but i can seriously see this Gunners defence holding pretty firm.

Mertersacker and Koscielny are the most improved and the best cetnre-back pairing in the Premier League and arguably among the top 5 pairings in Europe on form. I've every faith they'll produce the goods again away at the Etihaad.

Oh, I also reckon there was a huge case of jitters at the prospect of going 7 points ahead.

Not saying they're bottlers but it might be hard for this team to take advantage of opportunities.

It was like that with the united game, need to start seizing the opportunity more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The team didn't melt down at 1-0...it was a wonder strike.

Bit harsh there very good we were below par and we got a good point

Gonna be ups and downs along the way can't win them all

I just think there needs to be more of a desire to roll up the sleeves. Too many lads shying away from the battle. Santi and Ozil are our two most expensive players and they didnt want to know in that first half. Wenger needs to realise this, get ruthless with them and send out a message to the squad that slacking wont be tolerated. We arent trying to stay in the top four we are trying to win the league and end a trophy drought ffs and the lads we paid big money for to help us do this need to lead by example

The secret of Manchester United's success all of these years has been the clinical nature of Alex Ferguson in communicating with his players. When a player didnt pull his weight he knew about it straight away no matter who he was.

Roberto Martinez: "The point at The Emirates tonight means more than the three points at Old Trafford"

That quote says a lot. I'm angrier we lost at Old Trafford to an awful, terrible, rubbish United team than got a draw against a very good Everton side.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement