Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will be at the game on Sunday too. That usually means a draw at best, sorry lads.

I should really be banned from the emirates stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

dvemail wrote: »
    AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 8m
    The Ivory Coast have made enquiries about Gnabry and hope he will choose them instead of Germany, as they can promise a place in the WC.

AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 6m
    Even though Low and Germany have admitted they are keeping an eye on Gnabry and may include him in their WC squad.

This lad could really have a great career ahead of him, and maybe feature in an all German Arsenal midfield someday. :p

I like Gnabry but its quite frankly mental either team are considering bringing him to Brazil.

cson wrote: »
    I like Gnabry but its quite frankly mental either team are considering bringing him to Brazil.

Could be a case of Germany trying to secure him in order to keep Ivory Coast from getting him. They lost Kevin Prince Boateng to Ghana previously so Low might be anxious to cap him in order to have him for the future. The world cup might be just the carrot to dangle and the young lad might think he would have a better chance of a World cup medal with Germany then Ivory Coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

We have a nice enough run in for the last 6 games , Everton obviously been the exception , but if we are there or thereabouts coming into these games ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just looked at the Everton goal again there.
    Gibbs was very poor for allowing the Everton forward get that shot away.
    Stood way too far off him and still think Chez should have saved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just looked at the Everton goal again there.
    Gibbs was very poor for allowing the Everton forward get that shot away.
    Stood way too far off him and still think Chez should have saved it.

To be fair, I think that he saw it late. I agree that Gibbs probably should have done better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

dvemail wrote: »
    AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 8m
    The Ivory Coast have made enquiries about Gnabry and hope he will choose them instead of Germany, as they can promise a place in the WC.

AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 6m
    Even though Low and Germany have admitted they are keeping an eye on Gnabry and may include him in their WC squad.

This lad could really have a great career ahead of him, and maybe feature in an all German Arsenal midfield someday. :p

The idea of an uncapped player getting a ticket to the World Cup doesn't sit well with me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is there really a need for Gnabry to be making that kind of decision at such an early stage in his career? Surely his focus for now should be on becoming a regular in his club's first team and when that happens, he can start thinking about his international future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All other arguments aside, I really really really hope he doesn't choose Ivory Coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Can they not cap him in a friendly, or does it have to be a competitive match?

For our sake, hopefully he picks Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

farna_boy wrote: »
    To be fair, I think that he saw it late. I agree that Gibbs probably should have done better though.

To be honest I blame Rosicky's positioning more than anyone. I can't place any blame on Ches because it's an absolute rocket. With the form Ches is in shot stopping wise I think if he had any chance at all he would have pulled off a stop but it flew past him.

Looking again it was an amazing strike. Little backlift and immense power. It looked for all the world that the right option was to play it on to Coleman and I think Gibbs had that in mind too? It's the logical pass but what a moment of brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

greendom wrote: »
    Aguero and co will be properly rested as well. Pelligrini has said that he will be a second string side against Bayern Munich.

Jenkinson did well for us today but Sagna provides a little more solidity and I hope he's back for next Saturday.

Well Aguero and Silva are travelling.

FA Cup 3rd Round game v Spurs will kick off at 5.15pm on Saturday January 4th.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FA Cup 3rd Round game v Spurs will kick off at 5.15pm on Saturday January 4th.

Nice way to round off the christmas hols!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nice way to round off the christmas hols!

We hope...

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Can they not cap him in a friendly, or does it have to be a competitive match?

For our sake, hopefully he picks Germany.

Has to be a competitive match. The rule was changed recently that you can now change national allegiance if you've only been capped in friendlies. It was to stop teams *cough Ireland* from abusing the grandad rule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Feardark is banned. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Could be the totting up of yellows ****e that does go on whenever certain members of the powers that be decide they can be arsed.

Pen.Island wrote: »
    Feardark is banned. Why?

How do you know he's banned?

How do you know he's banned?

Saw a post from him in AH and says banned beside his name.

• Advertisement

Saw a post from him in AH and says banned beside his name.

But he wouldn't be banned from the Soccer Forum surely for something on AH.
    I was banned from Politics a few times but I could still post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Keane & Viera : Best of Enemies documentary tomorrow 10pm ITV4.

They were asked to name their indiviudal best sides they played with and a combined XI.

Their combined named as:

Schmeichel
    Irwin/Cole (joint pick as couldn't agree)
    Adams
    Stam
    Lauren
    Pires
    Keane
    Viera
    Ronaldo
    Cantona
    Henry

Missing out: Seaman, Dixon, Wright, Bergkamp, Overmars etc Scholes, Giggs, Cole, Beckham etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Keane & Viera : Best of Enemies documentary tomorrow 10pm ITV4.

They were asked to name their indiviudal best sides they played with and a combined XI.

Their combined named as:

Schmeichel
    Irwin/Cole (joint pick as couldn't agree)
    Adams
    Stam
    Lauren
    Pires
    Keane
    Viera
    Ronaldo
    Cantona
    Henry

Missing out: Seaman, Dixon, Wright, Bergkamp, Overmars etc Scholes, Giggs, Cole, Beckham etc

Cantona over Bergkamp??? PLEASE! Must have banged their heads far too often. Don't get me wrong, Cantona was an outstanding player, but Bergkamp has been the greatest to grace the Premier League (since it's inception, not going back to Best etc.,)

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Cantona over Bergkamp??? PLEASE! Must have banged their heads far too often. Don't get me wrong, Cantona was an outstanding player, but Bergkamp has been the greatest to grace the Premier League (since it's inception, not going back to Best etc.,)

They probably had to compromise and have so many from each team...that could be the only possible explanation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Maire2009 wrote: »

Was thinking the same. The rest you can argue over but not Bergkamp. It looks like they had to keep an even split for outfield players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lauren ahead of Neville is a bit of a surprise too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Feardark is banned. Why?

Seems that he went one infraction too far: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100120&page=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

i'll have to watch it tomorrow night to see how they did it but its still a quality side!!

I posted in the United thread too but Keanes Utd XI he omitted Giggs and Scholes too and had a pop at Giggs basically saying he's over-rated and a great career doesn't mean he's a great player.

Wouldn't fancy playing against a Pires-Keane-Vieria-Ronaldo midfield every day of the week anyway!!

They probably had to compromise and have so many from each team...that could be the only possible explanation!
    Lauren ahead of Neville is a bit of a surprise too.

Neville for Lauren and put Bergkamp in - insanity to exclude him imo. He's a player you work around to make sure he plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So just home from London a draw against Everton ain't a bad result and with other loosing it's another point gained over our rivals.

Have to say Cazorla was way off the pace and has looked that way a lot recently crazy to think I probably wouldnt have him in my starting 11 right now given how immense he was last season.

Is it worth reading back through the thread or should I avoid?

Hope Feardark isn't perma banned.

But he wouldn't be banned from the Soccer Forum surely for something on AH.
    I was banned from Politics a few times but I could still post here.

He's sitebanned I think. For a month, as seen on the ban list.

Ok. How do you find the ban list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So just home from London a draw against Everton ain't a bad result and with other loosing it's another point gained over our rivals.

Have to say Cazorla was way off the pace and has looked that way a lot recently crazy to think I probably wouldnt have him in my starting 11 right now given how immense he was last season.

Is it worth reading back through the thread or should I avoid?

Hope Feardark isn't perma banned.

He's been muck to watch some games. Yesterday was probable his worst this season in my books. First touch yesterday wasn't even there. Seems like a man struggling with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Definitely agree about Cazorla. out of form and confidence and the problem is he doesn't offer much defensively when hes not at his creative best.

I wouldnt play him at Napoli or City. I think Rosicky has been very good this season and surely Walcott will start at least one of those games. Great option off the bench aswell. Hopefully see Podolski back aswell this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Ok. How do you find the ban list?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What did he do?

HazDanz wrote: »
    He's been muck to watch some games. Yesterday was probable his worst this season in my books. First touch yesterday wasn't even there. Seems like a man struggling with confidence.

I'd had him on the bench against Napoli and go with Walcott - they'll have to come forward, leaving space at the back, we nick a goal, they give up, we nick another - Santi comes on to lots of space, gets his confidence back and on we go from there - that is how I want Wednesday to go :)

I think there is a bit of a Rooney about Santi, in terms of he tries too hard when things aren't going right, gets frustrated, makes the wrong decisions and snaps at chances. Hopefully it'll come full circle and we'll get last season's magician back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Can't wait for Saturday morning team I would play against city

Secz

Sanga mert. Kos. Monreal
    Arteta. Flamini
    Walcott. Ozil. Ramsey
    Giroud

Can't wait for Saturday morning team I would play against city

Secz

Sanga mert. Kos. Monreal
    Arteta. Flamini
    Walcott. Ozil. Ramsey
    Giroud

Will Sagna be fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Will Sagna be fit?

Yep think he misses tonight and returns Saturday

I hope so, I think Jenks is ok but in the big games I want sagna there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We have to rotate over the next two games. The thoughts of the Chelsea game after that shouldn't really come into consideration considering there's a 9 day gap between that and the City game.

Napoli:

Szcz
    Jenk
    Kos
    Per----Monreal
    Flamini----Arteta
    Walcott
    Ozil
    Rosicky
    Bendtner

City:

Szcz
    Sagna
    Kos
    Per----Gibbs
    Flamini----Arteta
    Ozil
    Ramsey
    Cazorla (positions aren't really relevant here as they all tend to switch around anyway)
    Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'd start Rosicky ahead of Santi against City.

I'd play Cazorla against Napoli and see if he can find some form.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Frisbee wrote: »
    We have to rotate over the next two games. The thoughts of the Chelsea game after that shouldn't really come into consideration considering there's a 9 day gap between that and the City game.

Napoli:

Szcz
    Jenk
    Kos
    Per----Monreal
    Flamini----Arteta
    Walcott
    Ozil
    Rosicky
    Bendtner

City:

Szcz
    Sagna
    Kos
    Per----Gibbs
    Flamini----Arteta
    Ozil
    Ramsey
    Cazorla (positions aren't really relevant here as they all tend to switch around anyway)
    Giroud

I agree, even Bendtner starting against Napoli that team should have enough to beat them, or throw on Giroud for the last half an hour if we're struggling.

I'd probably start Theo in both matches though at the expense of Cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Sagna is out of the City game too apparently.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What did he do?
    He has a month's site-ban. He can discuss it in Prison if he likes. However bans and other Mod/Admin actions should never be discussed in the main forums - that is only permitted in the Dispute Resolution, Prison and Help Desk forums

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Liverpool will then host Arsenal at Anfield on Saturday, February 8, as planned. However, kick-off in this match has been changed to 12.45pm and the game will now be live on BT Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Jaafa wrote: »

As much as I liked him during his playing days, he is another bitter sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

As much as I liked him during his playing days, he is another bitter sod.

Why is he bitter? He just says he doesn't think we'll win the league. Lots of people share that opinion, including many arsenal fans like myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd start Rosicky ahead of Santi against City.

I'd play Cazorla against Napoli and see if he can find some form.

Yes Ozil could do with a rest tomorrow. I'd even contemplate putting Bendtner up front and leaving Giroux on the bench. As long as we keep solid defensively we should be ok.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement