Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Arsenal are useless. After that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dortmund win 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Through to the knock out stages for the 14th time in a row is an incredible record.

But you would expect that at least one of them should result in winning the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

A faster striker and Arsenal wouldn't have lost that game imo. Giroud is a good player no doubt and offers alot of strength and some other qualities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Could be the beginning of Arse end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really hope this isn't the start of a slump, very poor tonight, way too negative with Flam and art starting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I am a little disgusted with the performance tonight.

I know that you must beat the big teams to win the tournament but I'd much prefer the momentum from winning today and beating Zenit in the Last 16 than the drabness of losing today and potentially playing Bayern or Barca in the last 16.

Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Higuain crying - must have realized he would be playing in the same competition as Spurs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Neeson wrote: »

Cool story Brah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lol we just qualified for the last 16 hardly the end of the world eh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would be lovely if we could get United. Can we?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Very poor. I still do not know what the tactic was tonight? Jenkinson kept giving the ball away. Please do not play him on Saturday .Cazorla, Ozil, we're poor. We were nearly undone at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Poor performance tonight. That Napoli team arent great at all. We always seem to make things hard on ourselves, were into the last 16 but we are going to get one of the Barca or Madrid I just know it. Far too negative, cant believe he didnt bring on Walcott to stretch there defence, esp on the counter attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are your potential opponents now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

djPSB wrote: »
    Through to the knock out stages for the 14th time in a row is an incredible record.

But you would expect that at least one of them should result in winning the competition.

we made the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would be lovely if we could get United. Can we?

No unfortunately.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are your potential opponents now.

Can we not draw an English side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Each one of them beatable by this Arsenal team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd only fear bayern and real out of that line up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

According to Dunphy, Arteta shouldn't be in the Arsenal team. Clown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

efb wrote: »
    Can we not draw an English side?

No teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other in the last 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Not the one that played tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

We beat bayern before, we can beat them again... ppppft who are Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Arsene will be furious. As Dunphy said it'll be the acid test. Not one easy team there. Atletico might be the best/easiest.

According to Dunphy, Arteta shouldn't be in the Arsenal team. Clown.

Can't help thinking he might have a point, he is too slow and constantly fowls to make up for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd only fear bayern and real out of that line up

Really? You've already lost to Dortmund and Napoli so not sure where the confidence is coming from.

I thought you looked very tired tonight, a sign of things to come perhaps as the squad is very thin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

every team can beat any team.

Ye've made 2 new signings and ye'r one of the best in Europe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No team is unbeatable. Personally, I'd rather knock out Bayern or Barcelona than a dull match against someone like Zenit.

Jaafa wrote: »

I wouldn't read too much into it. It was always going to take a miracle for us to go out.

There was one eye on Saturday this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

nuxxx wrote: »
    A faster striker and Arsenal wouldn't have lost that game imo. Giroud is a good player no doubt and offers alot of strength and some other qualities

Doesn't help that there was no pace around him either. Walcott should have come on, for sure

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »

Every team has an off game or in United case this season multiple ones!

RasTa wrote: »
    Really? You've already lost to Dortmund and Napoli so not sure where the confidence is coming from.

I thought you looked very tired tonight, a sign of things to come perhaps as the squad is very thin

We also beat them.

Pen.Island wrote: »
    every team can beat any team.

Ye've made 2 new signings and ye'r one of the best in Europe??

When did i say that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think we lost that game on the sideline tonight.
    We needed to freshen up in the second half and didn't.
    Poor from Wenger in fairness.

Actually furious Walcott didn't get on the pitch. He should have started our last 3 games imo.

Jenkinson got utterly shafted by the midfield tonight, he NEVER had an option when he was on the ball and was left isolated all too often. 2nd in the group and will now have an impossible draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsene will be furious. As Dunphy said it'll be the acid test. Not one easy team there. Atletico might be the best/easiest.

Arsene blew it himself tonight. He should have replaced Giroud with Walcott after 60 minutes and also replaced Ozil with Vermaillen or Monrael when we went a man down.

greendom wrote: »
    Doesn't help that there was no pace around him either. Walcott should have come on, for sure

Yep I find it baffling that he didn't bring Walcott on at around 70 minutes, this game was crying out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

All tough games, whereas I would have strongly fancied Arsenal against any of the 6 2nd placed sides that they could have drawn. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We also beat them.

Over two legs?

Last 16 last 2 same difference if ye don't win it.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't read too much into it. It was always going to take a miracle for us to go out.

There was one eye on Saturday this evening.

Napoli missed a couple of sitters, it could have been 4 against us. If that was the plan ie Saturday's fixture, then it was a bad plan.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't help thinking he might have a point, he is too slow and constantly fowls to make up for this.

You said that earlier too, it's nonsense. He often fouls to break up play, so does flamini.

Over two legs?

Would have lost to Dortmund on away goals after a 2-2 draw, but gone to Extra Time against Napoli.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You said that earlier too, it's nonsense. He often fouls to break up play, so does flamini.

He has been sent off twice already, gives fowls away in dangerous areas which puts us under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm worried about facing any of those teams tbh. They're all quality and better than anything we've faced so far this season (with the possible exception of Dortmund). I'm not saying there's no way we can beat any of them over two legs, but we've put ourselves in a much more difficult (and avoidable) position having to face one of them in the KO16 instead of the QF.

AdamD wrote: »
    Actually furious Walcott didn't get on the pitch. He should have started our last 3 games imo.

Jenkinson got utterly shafted by the midfield tonight, he NEVER had an option when he was on the ball and was left isolated all too often. 2nd in the group and will now have an impossible draw.

As usual, shot ourselves in the foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Over two legs?

We've qualified on the basis that we have a better head-to head than Napoli do. We completely outperformed Napoli the last time out, and beat Dortmund resolutely the second time, with the first time being a very close thing indeed.

I would attribute the team not putting in the effort rather than the squad being overstretched at this point in time. Napoli for the main were quite poor also, and we gifted them that last goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The bench tonight was Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Bendtner with Podolski and Chamberlain to come back from injury. You'd call that thin would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He has been sent off twice already, gives fowls away in dangerous areas which puts us under pressure.

Aye, he'd better off to chicken out of it.

Aye, he'd better off to chicken out of it.

Seriously?

You can tackle and not give away silly free kicks.

Arteta is no turkey

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement