Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Traitor is injured again. :D

Moyes says: "Robin Van Persie is out as well for a month. He picked up a thigh strain in taking a corner kick which led to the goal."

shano_88 wrote: »
    I see where your coming from but after 2 tough games in the last few days fresh legs will be needed and I fully expect Walcott to start.

Im surprised Wenger hasn't used Walcott much since his return. The team is crying out for pace and runs in behind Giroud.

Walcott was ill for few days since returning from injury, that's the reason I guess Wenger hasn't used him much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Traitor is injured again. :D

Moyes says: "Robin Van Persie is out as well for a month. He picked up a thigh strain in taking a corner kick which led to the goal."

I'd say Moyes has already broken out the horse placenta.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd say Moyes has already broken out the horse placenta.

Loving it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Avoiding defeat is a must for us tomorrow I feel especially going into the most important stage of the season, I would be happy with a draw and over the moon with a win. I think our tactics will dictate whether or not we come away with anything. Many wont agree but I feel we will have to sacrifice Cazorla tomorrow and put him on the bench in favour of Monreal on the left wing, Gibbs is going to need extra help with the likes of Navas and Zabaleta bombing forward.

My team for tomorrow would be
    Chesney, Sagna, Mert, Kos, Gibbs
    Wilshere, Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Monreal
    Giroud.

If we keep it tight for the first half and go in level at the break, I think we can open up a bit it the last 30 mins and have a right go at them, bringing on the likes of Santi and Walcott. This is a huge huge game for us, defeat isnt an option, just believe we can do it lads and we will!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »
    BbXmNMhIcAAGzLP.jpg:large

Wonder ir any of the French lads are doing the same for Perpignan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Right, I still don't think that means their rested.

What i was trying to get at is this:

At half-time Wenger could easily have got stuck into the lads saying "ffs up the pace, up the tempo, press quicker, run your balls off" etc....

OR

Grand lads Fresh Prince of Bel Air stuff 2nd half please nice and chilled dont get beat 3-0 and lets hit the showers.

There was no need to put in a big effort when they key game was (and is) clearly Man City.

With the greatest of respect to the Champions League it's by no means top priority this year. To be fair i doubt Wenger would even be too displeased to go out in the Last-16 if it means sustaining the title bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What i was trying to get at is this:

At half-time Wenger could easily have got stuck into the lads saying "ffs up the pace, up the tempo, press quicker, run your balls off" etc....

OR

Grand lads Fresh Prince of Bel Air stuff 2nd half please nice and chilled dont get beat 3-0 and lets hit the showers.

There was no need to put in a big effort when they key game was (and is) clearly Man City.

With the greatest of respect to the Champions League it's by no means top priority this year. To be fair i doubt Wenger would even be too displeased to go out in the Last-16 if it means sustaining the title bid.

Why make it difficult? If Wenger not bothered about the Cl, why make it tougher if the league is priority? Win or draw the game, would have made it easier for us and less pressure on the league title ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder ir any of the French made are doing the same for Perpignan

I doubt it, unless there's a French Jerry Flannery at the club :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The lack of coverage re: tomorrow's game on Sky sports News (due to it being live on BT) is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Galvasean wrote: »
    The lack of coverage re: tomorrow's game on Sky sports News (due to it being live on BT) is annoying.

Very typical of SSN though. All the channel is is a big advert for the Sky Sports channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Will Walcott start tomorrow was thinkin of putting him in my FF team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

liam7831 wrote: »
    Will Walcott start tomorrow was thinkin of putting him in my FF team

If he does it will be his first 90 minutes since recovering from injury and against a team who've only conceded 2 at home all season. Bit of a gamble fantasy football wise, I'd say. Hope it pays off for you though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 1m
    The fact Sagna is fit increases our chances by like 83% tomorrow.
    Expand

taking this to mean Sagna's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

AdamD wrote: »
    DC ‏@DeanLDN22 1m
    The fact Sagna is fit increases our chances by like 83% tomorrow.
    Expand

taking this to mean Sagna's fit
    And from twitter, news looks positive on him signing a contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arsenal travel to Abu Dhabi to play Manchesterikan Citeh tomorrow. Come on the gunners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hangover from hell, Come on the Gunners make this day better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

6 points ahead of them lads, their going to have to come at us and especially infront of their own crowd. Theo should be playing so their full backs will take less chances pushing forward and that will probably push us up in the field a bit maybe winning the midfield battle which is the all important area. Would love a draw though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

My friend's dad died last night, after a terminal illness. 2 days ago, he told his son:

"Whatever ****ing happens, you don't miss the game against City unless it's my bloody funeral".

I'll be heading down to the pub to watch it with him in a sec. Amidst all the gloom, it's a nice light-hearted thing to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gibbs dropped after his recent mistake.
    Sagna back too.

• Advertisement

Gibbs dropped after his recent mistake.
    Sagna back too.

Not so sure if I'd agree with that. Gibbs has been playing 90 minutes in a demanding position for a few games in succession and I'd say he's tired. Wenger did say that he had a few other small concerns.

Wenger isn't one to drop for big mistakes so I would be surprised if he dropped Gibbs for something that was determined by inches.

However, I could be very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good to see Walcott back, hope he will shake them a bit...
    After such a long break, he should bring some differential to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

@ FearDark i tried to send u a PM about the links. the HD is a no go but the rest is all good thanks.

i am going to the photo shoot after the match

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

City are definitely best today - we really need a world class forward. We just dont have that threat up front

Ramsey needs to go on attack and Flamini be the DM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

game set match. ****sakes arsenal what a waste

I'm not having it that Giroud's good enough, not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wenger has a lot to answer for today.

Leaving Gibbs out.

Bringing on bendter and gnabry when looking for a goal.

Our midfield are non existent today. City just passing passed them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

At the end of the day ManCity have just too much quality 1 for one the pretty much destroy us. I do think we should play 2 up front like in the preseason with giroud and podolski as giroud is great at taking balls down and podolski is our best natural finisher. Or just get a Suarez players.
    Refereeing was very poor though the handball should have been a pen, 3 wrong offside calls and grouds goal disallowed, yes they were better but that didnt help us. Have to respond well to this now with at least a draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm not having it that Giroud's good enough, not even close.

depends on good enough for what? think virtually every Arsenal fan ive heard on the subject agrees on the CF issue, as in yes a new CF is needed and one that is better than Giroud i.e a World Class one. Giroud has done well filling in till then though but he obviously isnt going to suddenly become the world class star needed just because he is playing atm.

Positives:
    Arsenal were more competitive than the scorline suggests today
    They kept trying till the end and were hard done by with regards some tight ref (offside) calls
    Theo looked very sharp and completed his first 90mins while bagging 2 goals including 1 very nice one.
    According to the commentators its only a cut on Kosc's knee, a lot worse was feared.
    Arsenal are still top of the league.

City looked like champions elect here though and if they can start looking even nearly as good away from home as they do at home it shouldnt be long until they are top of the pile and not Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Team looks shattered a nice break now it's needed

depends on good enough for what? think virtually every Arsenal fan ive heard on the subject agrees on the CF issue, as in yes a new CF is needed and one that is Giroud i.e a World Class one. Giroud has done well filling in till then though but he obviously isnt going to suddenly become the world class star needed just because he is playing atm.

Positives:
    Arsenal were more competitive than the scorline suggests today edit: Mert scores :)
    They kept trying till the end and were hard done by with regards some tight ref (offside) calls
    Theo looked very sharp and completed his first 90mins while bagging 2 goals including 1 very nice one.
    According to the commentators its only a cut on Kosc's knee, a lot worse was feared.
    Arsenal are still top of the league.

City looked like champions elect here though and if they can start looking even nearly as good away from home as they do at home it shouldnt be long until they are top of the pile and not Arsenal

I don't even think hes in the level below world class. His finishing is nothing short of pathetic and he'll only get you a goal if its put on a plate for him. City have 5 strikers better than him in their squad.

im sorry but anyone who says that point was a good one last weekend after that result there cant be serious

STILL TOP!

City have 11 away games left too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Where was Ozil today?

despite the result I still think we're better than Chelsea. With the rest and the right attitude we need to get a win against them

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

City were very good going forward and probably deserved their win but they were helped a lot by poor officials and awful defending. I think we beat ourselves today in many ways and the scoreline doesn't reflect how we played going forward.

Not going to take anything from that game as the team looked knackered.

Good performance from Walcott though and bring on Chelsea after a nice week long break. We'll beat them I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What a weird match. All out attack, City just too good going forward. Their last 2, well taking off Flamini for Gnabry is always gonna leave you open at the back. We put the ball in the net 5 times and still lost.

Still top, beat Chelsea at home and we're back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

City were the better team but the score line flattered them

We could easily have got a point there

Write it off and move on

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hard to take, lot of decisions going against us, Kosc getting buntled too. City were well worth their win though to be fair.

The only positive I can take from this is that we didn't take it lying down, in recent seasons we've completely disappeared in some of the bigger games and the team often looked like they didn't have a clue what they were at. Today they didn't give up, kept going for a goal (two of which should have not been disallowed imo). I'm not saying there wasn't any poor performers on the field or anything but it was a better performance than the scoreline suggests.

We were found out by some dodgy defending and the best forward line in the league. Shipping 6 goals is terrible since we've been so tight up until now.

None of us were really expecting a win today though were we? 9 days to get thei heads together for the Chelsea match now, I still fancy us to win that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Linesmen were shocking but cant blame them for the defeat. The midfield gave the ball to city time and time again. They were shocking. Wenger was a bit naive taking flamini off I think. Wilshere sohould have been off and Rosicky maybe brought on.

Bit of a rest now before Chelsea. Def need a striker. Someone different to Giroud.

There are some positives to take. Walcott looked very good and was making some very good runs.

Edit: Was there something going on between Mert and Ozil at the end??

From BBC

There was an interesting confrontation after the final whistle. Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker was shown angrily pointing a finger at club and international team-mate Mesut Ozil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mert and ozil had a go at eachother because ozil didn't applaud the away fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We were being hammered until 3 - 1 then we started to play. The score line flattered city a bit because we went for it. But city attackers are a massive cut above ours and I thought their midfield was better too.

Giroud - worked very hard but just isn't a good enough finisher.
    Monreal - pretty poor, terrible actually

Officials were so poor today

Was so sure that Bendtner scored that 3rd goal :(

Aw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Shame, but i mean the result isn't a shocker (even if the scoreline is).

Keep the heads up, win vs Chelsea and we're back. City are going to be incredibly hard to beat at home.

****ing mercs.

Per and Ozil are good friends. 'Til be grand :)

Bendtner looked more threatening in 5 minutes than Giroud did in 85 sadly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Per and Ozil are good friends. 'Til be grand :)

Yeah, heat of the moment stuff i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Mert and ozil had a go at eachother because ozil didn't applaud the away fans.

Missing during and after the game so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement