Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

You should actually watch some of our games and see for yourself.
    We get on the wrong end of more than our fair share of bad decisions.

I've seen most of your games. Yeah you had a few ones go against yous today but they wouldn't have affected the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

bad2dabone wrote: »
    basically our top performers made mistakes. City's didnt. City have more top performers than we do. They spend about 100m a season, hence the quality of players they can call upon. In the big games your star players have to be on top of their games or you will lose.

Most of us knew we were really going to be facing a difficult proposition to beat them 3 days after a tough CL away game, when their home form is so good. They're probably the most dangerous team in the league when they click.

There's nothing new to learn from today that we didn't know already. Still loads of games to go. If the lads keep their heads we can weather this storm. With a bit of luck wenger will spend in January to get us that bit stronger for the 2nd half of the season.

Spot on. That's it in a nutshell. If we are even 2 points off the top on New Years Day with 20 games played we have shown we can mix it with the best. If we can improve on the squad we actually will have less games to play than we have played and that should be great encouragement to this team. I don't think City will be improving on their squad as it will be impossible to do. If we were to get 7 out of next 9 it would be a good achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    I've seen most of your games. Yeah you had a few ones go against yous today but they wouldn't have affected the result.

I'm not saying we would have beaten City at all. We wouldn't.
    But you want nothing more than fair play from the officials. We rarely get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

So what is it, you think all officials don't like Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The refs aren't against us. To claim they are just makes us look like whiners. We do suffer the occasional shocking referee performance but so does everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Positives from today:

-We scored 3 goals at a ground where they've only conceded 2 all season

-Walcott's return to starting line up and his goals, particularly the finish for his second which was top class

-We looked good going forward and with better finishing could easily have had 2 or 3 more

-That's our hardest league game of the season out of the way and we're still top

So it's not all bad :)

The refs aren't against us. To claim they are just makes us look like whiners. We do suffer the occasional shocking referee performance but so does everyone.

I'm not whining at all. City won pulling up.
    However in my opinion we do not get fair treatment from referees in general.
    I was saying that long before this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chelsea next week is massive. If we win that all is ok again, Liverpool playing City and Chelsea after that so we could extend our lead again.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chelsea next week is massive. If we win that all is ok again, Liverpool playing City and Chelsea after that so we could extend our lead again.

We need to win this one as if we lose then 1 point out of the last 9 is a poor return. I think we can win it. The nine day rest should stand to the team.

• Advertisement

We need to win this one as if we lose then 1 point out of the last 9 is a poor return. I think we can win it. The nine day rest should stand to the team.

agreed winning that would give us 4, and before i thought 4-5 would have been good so hopefully they rest up well, theo on the right, podli on the left for a bit of directness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Yes it's a massive game for us going into Christmas. City are a powerhouse, no doubt about that, but some if our players not doing it. Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, have been well below par this season. Get another striker in January to help Giroud...... No not Bendtner.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Yes it's a massive game for us going into Christmas. City are a powerhouse, no doubt about that, but some if our players not doing it. Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, have been well below par this season. Get another striker in January to help Giroud...... No not Bendtner.

agreed i know we all want a suarez like signing but that rarely happens in january, if we can get a play with good work ethic and an eye for goal we would be ok until the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Wilshire going to get a game ban for gestures towards City fans and big argument between Mertesacker and Ozil apparently because Ozil didn't go to clap the Arsenal fans.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Giroud's been below par the last few games, over all he's had a very good season so far. He's well on course for having 20 goals by the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ozil meant to be getting a hard time of Twitter from fans.

Bbd-OAOCUAAGfMs.png:large

Big Per is probably smiling as he read that :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Giroud's been below par the last few games, over all he's had a very good season so far. He's well on course for having 20 goals by the end.

agreed think its tiredness and his style of play just isnt suited against the big three away from home imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Big Per is probably standing over him making him write it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

agreed think its tiredness and his style of play just isnt suited against the big three away from home imo.

Yea I can't argue with that. I defend him a lot on here but there's no denying all his shortcomings were exposed today, and against Napoli even.

He's great at what he does but we really do need a different type of player to give is a real edge up front.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yea I can't argue with that. I defend him a lot on here but there's no denying all his shortcomings were exposed today, and against Napoli even.

He's great at what he does but we really do need a different type of player to give is a real edge up front.
    Yup agreed just need someone with that spark for them big games which he doesnt have, half tempted to say Theo up top next week but think Giroud will do well against that chelsea back line. Chelsea arent very good at the minute and are no City so feeling confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I wouldn't give Ozil too much grief over it maybe he was annoyed at loosing today and just wanted to get down the tunnel sometimes it happens .

fair play to him for saying it. I'd read before that he's a really sore loser.

Ozil meant to be getting a hard time of Twitter from fans.

Crikey, I hope they don't upset him too much. We want him to be happy and play well for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

fair play to him for saying it. I'd read before that he's a really sore loser.

A trait all winners share.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If we can't get a proper striker in jan to help giroud which I think we can't

Then I think we should push Walcott up top was loving his runs today

A win next week would everything rosy again, but of we lost and won the next three on the bounce I think we would still be in a good place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Crikey, I hope they don't upset him too much. We want him to be happy and play well for us.

Jesus he's a professional footballer not a piece of porcelain. FFS it's a pity ye werent as sensitive about Ramsey last year or Giroud this year.

People upset about ozil not going to the fans

Maybe he gets upset with the stadium emptys when were 2-0 with 5 mins to play

All a thing of nothing

i don't have any problems with Ozil, i'm happier he had the class to come out and apologise over something so minor. Folks wanting to create a mountain out of a molehill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I follow him on Twitter. His actions speak much louder than words IMO.

Also he doesn't speak English so there tends be a bit of exaggeration in them by the looks of them.

I am not too worried about what he says after he wins. I am worried about some of his performances, attitude, etc.

I don't want to be overly harsh but it galls me to see Giroud and others get the criticism they do yet Ozil gets a free ride as we treat him like a new kids toy.

It's men and characters like Giroud, Mertesacker and Ramsey that make this team different to recent Arsenal ones.
    I know I'm bashing him yet again but I can't fathom how the criticism of Giroud should annoy you, with Ozil supposedly getting a free ride (which he hasn't). Its the British and Irish footballing mentality, praise the guy who tries really really hard over the guy who has the talent and end product. Arsenal scored 3 goals, had 2 disallowed and Giroud missed countless chances. I think our creative players did their job...

Flamini, Wilshere (both attacking and defensively), Monreal and Kosc all had shockers. Giroud played in the same vain as he has for 2 months, lots of running, no composure.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

From January :)

"@piersmorgan: Here's an idea, Gooners - let's swoop in transfer window for an Everton triple whammy: Fellaini, Baines and.....Moyes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

If we can't get a proper striker in jan to help giroud which I think we can't

Then I think we should push Walcott up top was loving his runs today

A win next week would everything rosy again, but of we lost and won the next three on the bounce I think we would still be in a good place

Agreed would stop teams pressing us so high too, with Ozil, Ramsey, Carzola and Wilshere threading balls through to Walcott.

Would also give Ozil more room to pick a pass and do damage.

Let's take the lead in the big games for once then maybe bring on Giroud to help see it out.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    From January :)

"@piersmorgan: Here's an idea, Gooners - let's swoop in transfer window for an Everton triple whammy: Fellaini, Baines and.....Moyes."

god he's an embarassment

Agreed would stop teams pressing us so high too, with Ozil, Ramsey, Carzola and Wilshere threading balls through to Walcott.

Would also give Ozil more room to pick a pass and do damage.

Let's take the lead in the big games for once then maybe bring on Giroud to help see it out.

Yep exactly I like giroud and he would play a lot of games but I want something different, hopefully we try it

Walcott was close to getting in behind countless times today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

9 days to to get it right before Chelsea. And they must get it right. Perfect opportunity to get the season back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I like Giroud and hope he stays but if AW has no intention of pushing Theo up front full time, he needs to go back in for a quicker striker. Think Giroud would be so much better with a bit of pace.

Apparently WBA have sacked Steve Clarke.

Jesus he's a professional footballer not a piece of porcelain. FFS it's a pity ye werent as sensitive about Ramsey last year or Giroud this year.

Please don't include me in ye, re Ramsey. Being a professional footballer does not make a person immune from negative comments on the social media. I do believe several footballers have had to close their accounts due to abuse in the past. Giroud has not been great, but he is still a major asset to the team. I hope that is not too insensitive:).

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I like Giroud and hope he stays but if AW has no intention of pushing Theo up front full time, he needs to go back in for a quicker striker. Think Giroud would be so much better with a bit of pace.

Apparently WBA have sacked Steve Clarke.

I don't think Steve Clarke is the Giroud replacement we're looking for Marie.

I have set the sky+ to record mod. It will be a tough watch, but there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I don't think Steve Clarke is the Giroud replacement we're looking for Marie.

I really should have gone on a Wenger Out rant over us losing today and finished with the Steve Clarke sentence :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thierry Henry is on MOTD, just fyi

Just seen toures tackle on Giroud again, it was a terrible one but didn't even get a yellow.

This lad is perfect for us in my opinion

Just seen toures tackle on Giroud again, it was a terrible one but didn't even get a yellow.

That wouldn't be the officials fault though :rolleyes:

Its already forgotten by the media, but wilshire gate has only started.

Found this on a forum some good points.

As I said- it's our fault we've lost this one. But the refs certainly didn't make it easier for us. We didn't deserve three points but with a 50/50 officiating we probably could've won a point.
    Yes, sometimes we get decisions our way. But from all the big clubs we're the ones who've been f*cked over by the refs the most in the last decade. This season we've seen some of our players get sent off for nothing. But it's nothing new. Remember a few years back vs West Ham? Red card forVermaelen. Remember the 4:4 against Newcastle? Red card for Diaby although it was a certain moustached thug who tried to break his leg first. Remember all the red cards Vieira used to get? He definately didn't deserve some of them.
    As for penalties- remember the dive that ended our unbeaten run? Or something recent- remember Sczhczhczhezhczhcny's first game? Vs man*re? Clichy was on the ground, they kicked the ball into his arm from two yards out and the ref gave them a penalty. I could go on like that 'till monday but it's pointless.
    F*ck it! Good night everybody!

https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Found this on a forum some good points.

As I said- it's our fault we've lost this one. But the refs certainly didn't make it easier for us. We didn't deserve three points but with a 50/50 officiating we probably could've won a point.
    Yes, sometimes we get decisions our way. But from all the big clubs we're the ones who've been f*cked over by the refs the most in the last decade. This season we've seen some of our players get sent off for nothing. But it's nothing new. Remember a few years back vs West Ham? Red card forVermaelen. Remember the 4:4 against Newcastle? Red card for Diaby although it was a certain moustached thug who tried to break his leg first. Remember all the red cards Vieira used to get? He definately didn't deserve some of them.
    As for penalties- remember the dive that ended our unbeaten run? Or something recent- remember Sczhczhczhezhczhcny's first game? Vs man*re? Clichy was on the ground, they kicked the ball into his arm from two yards out and the ref gave them a penalty. I could go on like that 'till monday but it's pointless.
    F*ck it! Good night everybody!

Had to double check to make sure I hadn't stumbled into the liverpool forum...

Edit: every supporter could highlight bad decisions that cost points. Bottom line is that arsenal shouldn't have to score 6 to come away from city with something.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Had to double check to make sure I hadn't stumbled into the liverpool forum...

Just thought it was interesting.

There is obviously no conspiracy or anything but I think officials do seem to get it wrong a lot of the time with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Did the commentator just basically say Giroud shinned Toures boot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement