Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He's a great player, far too good for them lot. Seems to me that you're basing this on 60 minutes of a game.

Not at all, hes been ordinary every time I've watched him, I've no idea what he is supposed to be bringing to that team. Far from a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Funny rumour that they've sacked AVB and brought in Hoddle for the rest of the season :D Must be too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Funny rumour that they've sacked AVB and brought in Hoddle for the rest of the season :D Must be too good to be true!

Twitter going crazy at the thought ... what a *ahem* downward spiral the mighty Spurs and AVB seem to be on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

beIN SPORT @beinsport 12m
    André Villas-Boas ne serait plus entraîneur de Tottenham #LECLUB

translates as André Villas-Boas no longer coach of Tottenham.

Looks like another one bites the dist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

beIN SPORT @beinsport 12m
    André Villas-Boas ne serait plus entraîneur de Tottenham #LECLUB

translates as André Villas-Boas no longer coach of Tottenham.

Looks like another one bites the dist.

that was posted a while ago and there's been no confirmation from other sources. Spurs may have to put up with him for a while longer. (The longer the better:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He loves cleaning out teams for compensation, even though he is doing terrible jobs, wont be touched again

Barcelona 17.3%
    Atletico 17.3%
    Bayern Munich 30.8%
    PSG 17.3%
    Real Madrid 17.3%

Apparently these are the statistical odds for the draw tomorrow, Bayern can't draw Schalke or Leverkusen so our chances of playing them are far higher..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

supposedly got athletico in a mock one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What time is the draw at? PSG is who I want anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Barca for me

I've seen a few people say that, but Messi will be back so I'd prefer not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Atleti or PSG for me. No easy draw out there though unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

PSG and hope Ibra gets injured. Failing that you'd hope for Atleti and that they lose form between now and the second round. They're flying high right now but you've got to hope you get them and they drop off a little, rather then face Barca/Real. Bayern, no thanks. Basically it's going to be a fairly shít draw whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What time is the draw at lads?

• Advertisement

AVB on Szczesny:
    'I think it would be a little more tolerable if it had come from a genuine Arsenal fan but it is coming from an Arsenal player, an Arsenal player who is probably only passing by to another club, or he’s not going to stay there for life,'

Won't be having any sympathy for AVB with some of the crap he spouted. Woj is still here, where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

either Real or Bayern, uh oh

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

has to be Bayern now, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

And is this the beginning of Arsenals downfall?

• Advertisement

Bayern it is again, becoming the new Barca for us.

Dortmund got Zenit, really wish we had won our group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

not topping the group just bit arsenal on the posterior, ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Neeson wrote: »
    And is this the beginning of Arsenals downfall?

Yes and yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Bayern it is again, becoming the new Barca for us.

Dortmund got Zenit, really wish we had won our group.

Balls of a draw. If we had finished first we would have got the toughest draw too. We have no luck :(

Bayern it is

Exciting two good games too look forward too

Last 5 round of 16 draws for Arsenal: Barca, Barca, Milan, Bayern, Bayern

That was Barca at their finest and now Bayern at their finest, winning the group is way more important than people on here tried to make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

AdamD wrote: »

That was Barca at their finest and now Milan at their finest, winning the group is way more important than people on here tried to make out.

Was one one the Barca games not a quarter??

And we won the group 2 years ago I think

ronjo wrote: »
    Was one one the Barca games not a quarter??

And we won the group 2 years ago I think

Could well be, I stole it from twitter :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That was Barca at their finest and now Bayern at their finest, winning the group is way more important than people on here tried to make out.

So much for priorities,that Wenger had an eye on the game against city. We lost as we know, and get the toughest team in the CL..... Anyway we need to get on with it now. :)

The draws this year in all cup competitions have been a right bollocks. Dortmund and Napoli in the group, Chelsea in the carling cup and spurs in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Tough draw but bring it on, we can go into the game knowing we have beaten them beforehand. Hopefully we have Ozil, Cazorla and Walcott in top form at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Nah its better they just beat Bayern now. Get it out of the way. Ah there'd be nothing sweeter to watch. Pundits' heads exploding across England.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd rather play the likes if Bayern as soon as possible. We either beat them then make a right go at winning the CL, which is entirely doable btw, or we go out and can concentrate on the league and FA cup.

We'd have to play someone of this calibre eventually anyway, better to do it sooner rather than later imo.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd rather play the likes if Bayern as soon as possible. We either beat them then make a right go at winning the CL, which is entirely doable btw, or we go out and can concentrate on the league and FA cup.

We'd have to play someone of this calibre eventually anyway, better to do it sooner rather than later imo.

This just doesn't make sense. If you had to win 4 consecutive games to win the league, would you rather it be:
    Fulham, United, City, Chelsea.

Or

Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea.

1 easier tie is always the better option, for all we know somebody else knocks Bayern out and we don't play them at all. Wanting an extra difficult tie when we could have had Olympiakos or Galatasary is illogical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

March is going to be a killer of a month. We will have Bayern (a), Spurs (a), Chelsea (a), City (h) all in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

This just doesn't make sense. If you had to win 4 consecutive games to win the league, would you rather it be:
    Fulham, United, City, Chelsea.

Or

Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea.

1 easier tie is always the better option, for all we know somebody else knocks Bayern out and we don't play them at all. Wanting an extra difficult tie when we could have had Olympiakos or Galatasary is illogical.

I don't get it either it's illogical.

Look at some of these March fixtures in a row now:

Bayern A
    Spurs A
    Chelsea A
    Man City H
    Everton A

Last thing we need is to be going to Munich before those 4 games. Id much rather be facing into a home tie against Olympiakos/Schalke than away to Munich and starting off a 5 match gruelling run and most likely on a negative vibe as we will be out.

Why do we always have to do things the hard way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Why do we always have to do things the hard way!!!

Playing for a draw in Naples was silly.

Wenger and his tactics sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Big mistake from Wenger playing for a draw in Napoli.
    Always go out to win every game.

• Advertisement

It was even more Ridiculous not to bring on Walcott against them for the last half hour, its small details like this that count in football. Anyways I hope the boss has given the lads a couple of days off at a spa somewhere to relax because we looked dead on our feet in the last 15 mins against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

At least we can concentrate on the League from March onwards. lets try and get knocked out of teh Fa cup before march too and just have the league to concentrate on!

i think winning the title may be our best bet for silverwere!

If we can keep beating teams like Hull and see chelsea and city keep dropping points to teams like Hull then we have a chance

Yet out of those draws we have finished top of the group twice i think and still got put up against a hard team.

Knowing our luck we would have pitted against a tuff team even if we finished 1st in our group!

Dont forget. Bayern have a 6 week winter break apparantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I hope people aren't getting too negative on this.

We've put in three sub standard performances this year against good teams. Apart from that we've done fantastically well.

We are not world beaters. Giroud is a good cf, Arteta came from Everton towards the end of his career. Pod, Mert and Caz came to Arsenal because it was their best option. The quality of this team does not dictate that we should be winning titles or coasting through really hard CL groups.

The progress from last year is massive. Practically unprecedented given we only brought in one player.

Send out the Carling Cup squad. They'll be well rested ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I honestly don't know why we would WANT to be knocked out of anything

TheGunns wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why we would WANT to be knocked out of anything

Unless you are city and can rest 8 players then most teams cant cope with the demand to give it 100% in all competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great draw, I love big games. Was a great group most interesting as we have had for years, watched every game.

I give us a chance here so cant wait

Moan moan moan

I'm excited by this and can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

The draws this year in all cup competitions have been a right bollocks. Dortmund and Napoli in the group, Chelsea in the carling cup and spurs in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

We have been unlucky - I reckon even if we beat Bayern we will somehow get drawn to go back in time against the 1970 Brazil side.

No doubt that Man United fan will be back in soon to tell us that Olympiakos are technically a better side than Bayern.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement