Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

dvemail wrote: »
    Does anybody thing we will sign someone in January?

Diego Costa and a CB. It's Xmas so I'm feeling optimistic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Diego Costa and a CB. It's Xmas so I'm feeling optimistic :D

i'd love Diego Costa, but i don't see him leaving Ath Madrid in Jan with the promising season they're having - maybe the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Nope.

Nope.

scrooge.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could see us getting another CB and maybe a back up striker on loan. Don't see us moving for any big names until the summer.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I could see us getting another CB and maybe a back up striker on loan. Don't see us moving for any big names until the summer.

Maybe Sébastien Squillaci again!

Bet we all had him out of our head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We needed him to put in a transfer request. Otherwise Liverpool were always going to hold out for Madrid or someone so Suarez couldn't hurt them as much. Selling to us was a last resort unless Suarez forced it.

Which he was never going to do he's way to mean to loose out on that money, he wont he be signing for us but Liverpool fans thinking his new contract means he wont be leaving are delusional aswell.

On Chelsea I've a good feeling about it were due a win and there away form hasn't been great plus I'm having a good week found out I'm going to be a daddy and I'm sure Arsenal are going to keep the momentum going :pac:.

plus I'm having a good week found out I'm going to be a daddy and I'm sure Arsenal are going to keep the momentum going :pac:.

Congratulations!
    Another Gunner to join the ranks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Which he was never going to do he's way to mean to loose out on that money, he wont he be signing for us but Liverpool fans thinking his new contract means he wont be leaving are delusional aswell.

On Chelsea I've a good feeling about it were due a win and there away form hasn't been great plus I'm having a good week found out I'm going to be a daddy and I'm sure Arsenal are going to keep the momentum going :pac:.

Awesome, well done. Babies and football actually go really well together. Lots of sitting around not doing much.

You hit a problem when they're 3/4 and kick off cause you won't let them watch Dora on a Sat afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Probably too early to pat myself on the back but i made this prediction in early August:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85873825&postcount=5509

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Probably too early to pat myself on the back but i made this prediction in early August:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85873825&postcount=5509

Hope you're right but we have to win tomorrow for it to be true.

I reckon that if we lose we could be back fighting for a Top 4 place again as our goal. We are starting to concede too many goals and that worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is this the end of the tough fixture run? Arse have been fairly consistent against the smaller teams, but predictably useless away against the big teams. Not going to win the league without beating the likes of Chelsea at home, extremely important game tomorrow. Win it, put another run together and try and build up another gap before the next set of nightmare fixtures in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Is this the end of the tough fixture run? Arse have been fairly consistent against the smaller teams, but predictably useless away against the big teams. Not going to win the league without beating the likes of Chelsea at home, extremely important game tomorrow. Win it, put another run together and try and build up another gap before the next set of nightmare fixtures in March.

West Ham and Newcastle away next followed by Cardiff at home. The Newcastle match will be a tough one to get a result out of.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

West Ham and Newcastle away next followed by Cardiff at home. The Newcastle match will be a tough one to get a result out of.

Even if we win tommorrow, 7 points is the absolute minimum we can afford out of those three matches, to be honest I'll be pissed off if we don't get 9. Not that worried about Newcastle really, would expect it to be similar to the Southampton match who were in similar form when we faced them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Even if we win tommorrow, 7 points is the absolute minimum we can afford out of those three matches, to be honest I'll be pissed off if we don't get 9. Not that worried about Newcastle really, would expect it to be similar to the Southampton match who were in similar form when we faced them.

Agreed, but tbh we should be looking to win all our matches between now and the end of January. Villa away and Southampton away are our tough matches in January, but we should still get results at both.
    If we are to have any chance in this league we can't afford to drop any points between now and when we play Liverpool & Utd back to back in February.
    Ambitious but it's what we should be aiming for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Agreed, but tbh we should be looking to win all our matches between now and the end of January. Villa away and Southampton away are our tough matches in January, but we should still get results at both.
    If we are to have any chance in this league we can't afford to drop any points between now and when we play Liverpool & Utd back to back in February.
    Ambitious but it's what we should be aiming for.

Agree wholeheartedly.

I'll accept that away fixtures at City and Napoli are a stretch too far at the moment but I'll be dissappointed if we start dropping silly points.

Next week City play pool and then Chelsea do a couple of days later. A couple of weeks after it's Chelsea v Utd.

Win our other games and we could be back top by then. Beat Chelsea and then do that and we'd probably have a one or two game cushion which we would need.

Now that Ageuro is out for a month and Chelsea are still looking like no great shakes, I think we're getting to the point where we could actually win the league by playing well against 16 teams.

It's still all dreamland pie in the sky stuff but a win against Chelsea and a few good results in the following matches and it'll be getting closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

No striker imo. Summer was the time to do it and we failed.

Repeat of this would be nice

Repeat of this would be nice

Sounds like Alan Smiths balls have dropped down past his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I reckon we could bid for draxlar in January

• Advertisement

I reckon we could bid for draxlar in January

He's cup tied and not what we need unless we can do an Henry with him. If we could get even a Djemba Ba type in and get rid of Bendtner id be happy. Or could we even recall Joel Campbell and give Bendy boots the wide berth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Walcott must have a great record vs Chelsea

If we go for a striker i hope we go for the small busy type ala Aguero/Suarez. Obviously won't be them, but somebody of the like. Can't see us getting Costa either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He's cup tied and not what we need unless we can do an Henry with him. If we could get even a Djemba Ba type in and get rid of Bendtner id be happy. Or could we even recall Joel Campbell and give Bendy boots the wide berth?

I think wenger could turn him into a striker were intrested he fancies the move and schalke are struggling a bit think it's possible

Campbell deserves his chance in the summer ripping it up in Greece, still can't understand why he was sent on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Agree on Campbell, they really should recall him January though maybe better for his development if he's allowed finish the season now he's there?

Deserves a chance soon either way.

Not on topic but Niall Quinn is doing my head in on Sky Sports 1 - Swansea v Everton.
    He is hyping up Seamus Coleman big time and it's way over the top.

Not on topic but Niall Quinn is doing my head in on Sky Sports 1 - Swansea v Everton.

Some goal though.

Would be a good replacement for sagna.

Would be a good replacement for sagna.

Agree. I like Coleman.
    But Niall Quinn is very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Coleman would be an unreal replacement for bac plus he's Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm very proud that Coleman is Irish. He's working in the perfect environment at Everton.

I hope nothing gets to him. Should be Ireland's first choice winger on the right.

Coleman would be an unreal replacement for bac plus he's Irish

I'd be delighted with Coleman at the club.

Would love to see an Irishman in the red and white again, and who knows? Maybe he too will be driving tayto lover up the wall with his sub par commentary 20 years from now

Poor Gervinho :o

So unlike the clinical Gervinho we know and love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Compare Gervinho's reaction to that miss to what Giroud's would have been.

BcHn7hJIMAA6fnM.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mirror saying Kos could start tomorrow, which would be an unbelievable turnaround. Id rather play TV5, he is a full international and no point risking Kos either.

• Advertisement

Saw this stat earlier and may be the reason behind the poor performances in the last three games.
    Arsenal were subject to Sunday 4pm, Wednesday (a), and Saturday 12.45(a). - First time in PL history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Talk of storm force winds tomorrow in London - wondering if there's any chance the game will be called off ?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Saw this stat earlier and may be the reason behind the poor performances in the last three games.

TV rights rule the roost. Sky had their Super Sunday and BT got their early Saturday kickoff.
    Your would never see Utd or Chelsea have play that schedule. Was very little time between the Napoli and City match, earliest the team could have gotten back from Italy was Thursday morning, then they have a day and a bit to prepare, not including the traveling up to City.

TV rights rule the roost. Sky had their Super Sunday and BT got their early Saturday kickoff.
    Your would never see Utd or Chelsea have play that schedule. Was very little time between the Napoli and City match, earliest the team could have gotten back from Italy was Thursday morning, then they have a day and a bit to prepare, not including the traveling up to City.

Yup it was a disgrace of a schedule, they didnt get back to London until 3 thursday morning due to delays and then left for Manchester at 5 friday evening so no time to recover, and now again us and chelsea draw short end of stick for these xmas games.

Mirror saying Kos could start tomorrow, which would be an unbelievable turnaround. Id rather play TV5, he is a full international and no point risking Kos either.

Always play your best 11.
    Kos for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Arsenal really need to win this one.
    Although few of us hardly imagined at the start of the seaeon that we would be in this position we need to stand up and be counted.
    We MUST win against the big teams and having been narrowly beaten by united and thrashed by city ,this is our opportunity to show we can compete with the best.
    No excuses.
    I am confident of an arsenal victory and by a considerable margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

arsenal to win 5:0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I think this had a major factor against City.

We will be fresh tonight and gagging for a win so I expect we will do just that unless Chelsea are set up to be very difficult to break down by sitting back all night long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

13714 in the queue for silver membership.

How much longer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

How did you get that figure, and how long have you been waiting? I've been a red member since it began in about 2005. They gave me some spiel about it taking 6 years to make silver membership originally but I've heard absolutely nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How did you get that figure, and how long have you been waiting? I've been a red member since it began in about 2005. They gave me some spiel about it taking 6 years to make silver membership originally but I've heard absolutely nothing about it.

ask@arsenal.co.uk

Just give your red membership number.

I began in 2006 I think so you should be close to silver now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement