Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The booing was embarrassing imo. Ridiculous really.

Giroud again wasn't good enough. His finishing isn't up to scratch at all. No composure when he has time to think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm not too disappointed with a draw would hVe pissed with a loss though

Our season will be defined about how we do against the lesser teams

Building?
    Building me as**. Fed up of that talk.
    We are in the Top 4 every season and it's time we were actually challenging to WIN something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Giroud had two league goals in his last 9 games, both in the same game, one a present from Boruc and one was a penalty playing infront of the best midfield in the league, a big top top striker is needed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Every team in contention for the title has had much worse results than tonight and more often than we have so far this season bar maybe Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Building?
    We are in the Top 4 every season and it's time we were actually challenging to WIN something.

We scraped 4th last year 19 points off top

Big ask to make that jump in one season

• Advertisement

We scraped 4th last year 19 points off top

Big ask to make that jump in one season

There seems to be more than a 19 point gap in their heads though.
    You close that gap by beating those top rivals but we can't seem to get our heads around that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Building?

Yeah because joint top at Christmas isn't challenging.. :rolleyes:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah because joint top at Christmas isn't challenging.. :rolleyes:

beating them would have been really challenging but we didn't do that and were very poor :rolleyes:

There seems to be more than a 19 point gap in their heads though.
    You close that gap by beating those top rivals but we can't seem to get our heads around that.

This time last year we were 13 points off top
    This year werd down in goal difference

Progress

This time last year we were 13 points off top
    This year werd down in goal difference

Progress

Well if not beating any of the Top 3 and only beating the poorer teams then it must be progress.
    But won't win you any leagues contrary to what some lads think.

• Advertisement

Well if not beating any of the Top 3 and only beating the poorer teams then it must be progress.

I think we will be fine once were consistent against the lower teams

Any of the top 6 will take points off each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Shows how crap the game was that 90% of the analysis is on that Arteta/Mikel tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

When the post match comments by neville and Jamie arguing and discussing over whether makel should have seen read is more entertaining the the match itself then you know the match was proper ****

No one bar me mentions the pen??

Game like this prob would have made all the difference

Mike Dean strikes again

Mike Dean strikes again

Shouldn't have to rely on refereeing decisions.

It was a penalty but can see why the ref didn't give it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mike Dean strikes again

Getting used to been ****ed over by officials.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have to rely on refereeing decisions.

It was a penalty but can see why the ref didn't give it aswell.

Why?

Why?

Walcotts fall wasn't natural.

Why?

Exactly why

He was clipped in front of the ref

Stonewall pen

• Advertisement

First Arsenal shot on target in a home game -- 85th minute.

Hope Podolski and Cazorla start against West Ham. Rest Ozil and Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I didnt see the game but is drawing at home to one of the league favs such a bad thing,you are still joint top tbf,or is it the way you played tonight thats worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Listen lads that Chelsea team were out to stifle us tonight and try hit us on the counter, the first part worked but thankfully they didn't nick a goal and beat us like previous years. A point isn't the greatest result but its not the end of the world either. I still feel there is something missing from this team to be real title contenders, a real leader on the pitch that can lift us when things aren't going our way. A world class striker and top midfield player in the mould of Vidal off Juventus is needed. Another point I wanted to make is, what do we think of Ozil tonight is it just me or does he just look disinterested at times in a match? He is a real luxury player but I feel he should be putting in a bit more graft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mourinho throwing some hand grenades at the after match press conference.

Arsenal's complaints about referee decisions:
    They like to cry, that is the club's tradition.

On jeers at the final whistle:
    Boring? I agree. I play them 10 times and I never lost.

How do you know?

Lets keep to the facts, William didn't get the ball and tripped theo.

Penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

First Arsenal shot on target in a home game -- 85th minute.

Not good enough indeed, against the likes of Utd and Chelsea teams that will sit back and invite us onto them we just seem to look dangerous up to a certain area of the pitch and when we get to the final 3rd we just cant seem to break them down. Were missing a real top top class striker.

We only played two teams from the bottom half at home so far

Win all them games and we will sustain a challenge

gunnerblog ‏@gunnerblog
    AW on refereeing: "We are used to it."

Hehehe.

Ozil gets a boot in the head and receives a yellow.

• Advertisement

How do you know?

Lets keep to the facts, William didn't get the ball and tripped theo.

Penalty.

How do I know??

Because I watched the game and he clearly only went down because he felt contact and not because he was taken down.

Listen, I already said I though it was a penalty aswell but just saying why I though it was a tough decision from the refs perspective...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Looking forward to getting Podolski back, he would have stuck Giroud's chance.

I thought Vermalen did well, thought he was going to push on out of defense a few times, when midfield was free, but he played it safe mostly.

Focus now on West Ham, Cazorla and Flamini to come in for Arteta and Ramsey perhaps. Podolski for 20 mins maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

We did beat the current leaders of the league :rolleyes:

Lads. We're joint top of the league at Christmas! **** the begrudgers! Lot of ball to be played!

After the first game of the seaaon I would have taken this in a heartbeat. Remember that!

gandalf wrote: »
    We did beat the current leaders of the league :rolleyes:

Ha ha I meant the real Top 3.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You win the league by getting the most points. It doesn't matter who you get the points against and you don't get bonus points against the top 3 teams as you seem to think.

Obviously we should be doing better and it helps when you make your challengers drop points but we're still second on goal difference at Christmas so we must be doing something right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ha ha I meant the real Top 3.:D

I think you'll find that could be changing this season!

You win the league by getting the most points. It doesn't matter who you get the points against and you don't get bonus points against the top 3 teams as you seem to think.

Obviously we should be doing better and it helps when you make your challengers drop points but we're still second on goal difference at Christmas so we must be doing something right.

Maybe but in my opinion we won't win the league if we don't win the odd game against the Top 3.
    Chelsea came and got their point against us.
    We went to United and City and got nothing.
    It is my opinion that when City and United come to us they will aim at getting a point and probably succeed in doing so.
    I believe that if we want to win the league we have to get something from those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

A striker like Diego Costa in January is a must. Spend the money win a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    A striker like Diego Costa in January is a must. Spend the money win a trophy.

Easier said than done. Can't see Costa leaving until the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    Easier said than done. Can't see Costa leaving until the Summer.

If he continues at this pace his price will be big, not to mention if he has a good WC as he'll be more then likely starting for Spain ahead of Negredo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If he continues at this pace his price will be big, not to mention if he has a good WC as he'll be more then likely starting for Spain ahead of Negredo.

He is the best Spanish striker at the moment so he should be starting for the national team in the world cup .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GavRedKing wrote: »

Apparently he has a release clause of 32 million. Expect a generous 32,000,001 bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Isn't he brazilian? Oh wait no he changed, that's great!

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Isn't he brazilian?

Not any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Isn't he brazilian? Oh wait no he changed, that's great!

He became a Spanish citizen this year and then declared for them. Only played for Brazil in a couple of friendlies. I wonder will he regret it if Brazil win the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He became a Spanish citizen this year and then declared for them. Only played for Brazil in a couple of friendlies. I wonder will he regret it if Brazil win the World Cup.

I don't think he will. I assume that being Spanish citizen makes it all easier for him. You don't just change citizenship to get the trophy.

Missed opportunity tonight guys. Cant believe Wenger didn't use a sub especially with all the tough games ahead. Ramsey and Walcott were poor enough i felt. Ramseys passing lets him down against some of the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wouldnt worry about Ramsey. He will have learnt more tonight that he would have if he was playing against jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hope we win the league without beating City, United or Chelsea just to see the confusion on the faces of the Match of the Day pundits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Galvasean wrote: »
    I hope we win the league without beating City, United or Chelsea just to see the confusion on the faces of the Match of the Day pundits.

I was optimistic with the start we had but the last few games remind me that we're still not up there and we're lacking real fighters to win dirty and mix it with flair we have when things are not going our way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement