Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is it on tv?

Think it's on stupid feckin BT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Think it's on stupid feckin BT

Better then streaming it on an American channel with American commentary/post-match analysis. Also, I can watch it on Sky because I have BT/Setanta for the month.

If yous want to know whether an Arsenal match is on TV, just look at the fixtures on Arsenal.com

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

BT was only a euro for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    BT was only a euro for the month.

That's only of you have sky (as opposed to upc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Back on top! The seat still has our groove in it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Great to have this man back!
    podolski-goal-funny.jpg

We showed good fight to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Top Of The League

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That's better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

So great to have Poldi back - what a cracking strike. Santi and Ozil both played well as well. Nice to see Theo scoring. Hope Giroud and Santi get a goal soon - they are both dying for one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Job done, should stay top tonight too. Cazorla had his best game of the season for me. Team showed they've still plenty of fight left in them.

Pod looked great when he came on and gave us that "something different" the team have been lacking the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great to get the win but we could easily have been 2 or 3 down at one stage because we didn't take our own chances.
    Some of our final balls were very sloppy and one led to WH scoring.
    We really have to be more clinical because we will meet teams a lot better than West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Its clear that Santo is best in the middle, no more stuck on the wing.

Great to get the win but we could easily have been 2 or 3 down at one stage because we didn't take our own chances.
    Some of our final balls were very sloppy and one led to WH scoring.
    We really have to be more clinical because we will meet teams a lot better than West Ham.

Beat the lower boys and get that consistency going again and we'll be there.

Newcastle will be a challenge after their thumping of stoke today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Neutral point of view here. Was very impressed with Arsenal today, everyone showed great fight which I think has been lacking in the last few seasons. I know Ramsey has scored alot of goals this season but I was never really impressed with his overall play. Having someone as influential as Cazorla not in the middle holds back the side abit imo. You could really see the difference in the Arsenal play when he switched positions after Ramsey went off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

nuxxx wrote: »
    Neutral point of view here. Was very impressed with Arsenal today, everyone showed great fight which I think has been lacking in the last few seasons. I know Ramsey has scored alot of goals this season but I was never really impressed with his overall play. Having someone as influential as Cazorla not in the middle holds back the side abit imo. You could really see the difference in the Arsenal play when he switched positions after Ramsey went off

Ramsey's overall play during his fine form was exceptional it wasn't just goals. He has been off the boil last 3/4 games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Its clear that Santo is best in the middle, no more stuck on the wing.

This - 100%. We are much more of a threat with him there. I enjoyed watching us again today bar the frustrating finishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Podolski is ridiculously clinical!
    If his hold up play was better he'd be another option at CF.

Walcott's been great as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

This - 100%. We are much more of a threat with him there. I enjoyed watching us again today bar the frustrating finishing.

Dare I say when Ramsey went off santi really came to life in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Yeah, Ramsey didn't have a great game today - probably needs a break, he's played pretty much non stop since the start of the season. No harm if he's out for a couple of games now that Jack is back

Dare I say when Ramsey went off santi really came to life in the middle.

Ramsey out for Christmas period confimed by Wenger.

Opportunity to keep Cazorla there now without fall out.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Podolski is ridiculously clinical!
    If his hold up play was better he'd be another option at CF.

Walcott's been great as well.

I honestly think we'd far benefit from playing both him and Giroud up front and now Rambo is more than likely out it would be worth trying over the next few games. In a way Rambo getting injured might be a good thing for him as he looks jaded and in need of a rest. For a 21/22 year old player he has played loads over the last few months. The rest will do him good.

No way could any team commit too many up front with a Giroud/Pod 2 pronged attack. Pod's goal at Anfield coupled with Santi's personal performance that day was very similar to today.

Personally i would like to see Giroud rested at Newcastle or the Cardiff game and perhaps try Bendtner and Podolski up front. If Bendy Boots could keep in the right frame of mind he'd be a valuable squad player but its a huge if.

The problem these last few weeks is that the big games have been coming thick and fast and some of the players look jaded hence the sloppiness.

Walcott's finishing has been good the last few weeks but i just think he looked a bit hungrier last year.

My player of the year so far no doubt and i thought i would never say this but the BFG Mertsacker has been a collosus. Incredible reader of the game.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ramsey out for Christmas period confimed by Wenger.

Opportunity to keep Cazorla there now without fall out.

But is it not Ozil that Cazorla would be displacing if he moved into the middle?

• Advertisement

But is it not Ozil that Cazorla would be displacing if he moved into the middle?

Tbh I wouldn't mind it to get mixed up a bit at the moment.

We need to reboot - we've looked a bit stale lately and if we can get one or two sparking by switching them about I wouldn't say no to trying.

There is so much freedom and movement that its hard to really pinpoint who plays exactly where but to me it would seem Ozil is just that bit slightly wide whereas Rambo has been playing in that hole behind the striker.

Id imagine there will be a great deal of rotation but i notice Ozil seems to be brilliant at spotting a pass from the corner of his eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So Walcott has come back from injury and scored twice. Podolski has come back from injury and has scored and got an assist. Cazorla has been in and out of the team recently and plays a stormer.

My question is, how is any of this possible when we don't have a good enough squad. :D

Essentially your right. But Rambo was absolutely tearing it up in there these last few months so it would have been hard to shift him out of there.

Quazzie wrote: »
    So Walcott has come back from injury and scored twice. Podolski has come back from injury and has scored and got an assist. Cazorla has been in and out of the team recently and plays a stormer.

My question is, how is any of this possible when we don't have a good enough squad. :D

Your hitting on something there. Its the freshness of these players that has been key. Definitely still think we should add to the squad. We've done amazing to be top on December 26th (hoping LFC v MCFC will end a boring 0-0 draw)

• Advertisement

The defence looked a bit shaky at the start of the second-half and we could have conceded a few more.
    We need Koscielney back as his partnership with Mertezacher is best.
    Chez needs to steady up too. Very poor ball to fumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

well done **** city. hate them. if arsenal dont win the league i want pool to do it. sod city. COME ON LIVERPOOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The defence looked a bit shaky at the start of the second-half and we could have conceded a few more.
    We need Koscielney back as his partnership with Mertezacher is best.
    Chez needs to steady up too. Very poor ball to fumble.

Think that's a little strong on Szez. It was a poor handling error that cost him dearly. But when did he last make a mistake?

greendom wrote: »
    Think that's a little strong on Szez. It was a poor handling error that cost him dearly. But when did he last make a mistake?

It was his first in a long time. He was shook for ten minutes after it but got his act together again which was good to see.

Id tend to agree with you that it might be harsh because there was power in that shot and his body wasn't in the right position in terms of knocking it to the side. Arteta who doesnt make many mistakes put the ball into a dangerous area but that is because he was under pressure. It was sloppiness at the other end that put us on the back foot so our defence cant be blamed in those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Would love to see this someday.

................Arteta
    .............Ozil....Cazorla
    ......Walcott...........Podolski
    ..................Giroud

Not much in the way of defensive cover, but would be a fun watch.
    Think we saw today Cazorla is much better central.

Christmas football is over for Ramsey.

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1m

Team news update: AW on @aaronramsey: "I don't know how serious the thigh strain is but the Christmas period is certainly over for him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Missed the match, good to see we're top though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Thats a tough game on Sunday.
    If we are top at New Years I will be very very very satisfied.

I think he will be a fine keeper in time and I do like him but he makes mistakes fairly regularly.
    Coming to punch balls away and missing has happened a few times recently.
    His mistake today would have been the main talking point if we had not scored in the game.
    We can't afford basic errors and that shot was straight at him.

• Advertisement

This is such a tight league, we would currently be 5th in the league if we lost today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Great attitude after the first went in today.

Not easy to get it together and score the goals you need to send you top of the league. Shows good character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Yes it would and we would be much the better for it. Ozil hasn't been been producing the goods. We didn't win in our last 4 games when he played there and looked poor in attack in all the games. Should we just leave him there for his reputation rather than the good of the team? Santi is much more controlling of a game and more dangerous there.

dvemail wrote: »
    This is such a tight league, we would currently be 5th in the league if we lost today.

4th, Everton only have 34 points, we'd have 36 had we lost today.

I think he will be a fine keeper in time and I do like him but he makes mistakes fairly regularly.
    Coming to punch balls away and missing has happened a few times recently.
    His mistake today would have been the main talking point if we had not scored in the game.
    We can't afford basic errors and that shot was straight at him.

He's been a fine keeper this season imo. One mistake today hasn't changed that.

The Newcastle game is now massive but I think we can go there and win.
    Anyone know how long Ramsey is out for?

The Newcastle game is now massive but I think we can go there and win.
    Anyone know how long Ramsey is out for?

Wenger's early assessment would suggest at least until Spurs in the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Utter nonsense.

There have been few better keepers in the league this year.

Utter nonsense.

There have been few better keepers in the league this year.

You're saying he doesn't make mistakes? That would be utter nonsense.
    That was a howler today and not his first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You're saying he doesn't make mistakes? That would be utter nonsense.
    That was a howler today and not his first.

He does not make mistakes "fairly regularly". He has made fewer mistakes than almost any other keeper in the league, I would say.

Every keeper makes mistakes, don't give me that straw man ****e "are you saying he doesn't make mistakes", it's childish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement