Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Alright bendtner.

fair enough.

Clean slate.

Get yourself fit, and we’ll see you in the Carling Cup, see how you get on.
    If you work as hard as Giroud you’ll be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

John Cross: "Nicklas Bendtner so desperate for a new start that he wouldn't move to Eintracht Frankfurt as it involved taking a pay cut. That's the truth"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

At the moment NB52 is at Arsenal and we'll probably see him at some stage during the season. When we do I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt until my shoe hits the TV as it did a few years ago against Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

John Cross: "Nicklas Bendtner so desperate for a new start that he wouldn't move to Eintracht Frankfurt as it involved taking a pay cut. That's the truth"

That statement is a load of sh*te. Like a dog who wanted to go outside to play, he's barking to get back in now that it's cold.

Oh god Hyzepher, you brought up THAT MISS!

Clean Slate over. I cannot forgive after THAT MISS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We need Nik seen as Pod is out for a while and he's a decent back up. Give him a run out in the Carling Cup and see if he's up for the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bendtner needed to make that statement, and with our current injuries he could probably end up playing some role in the squad this season. He needs to really, its been so long since hes played regularly that he couldn't afford to write off another season and expect to play in a top league next year. Hes a better bench option than Sanogo at this point and can be used until January.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Oh god Hyzepher, you brought up THAT MISS!

Clean Slate over. I cannot forgive after THAT MISS!

It was the moment that broke him really wasn't it.

Looper007 wrote: »
    It was the moment that broke him really wasn't it.

it broke ME!

never mind him! and his 50k a week!:mad:

Jack's twitter last night :D

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 16h Signing of the summer! Easily! Fantastic player, plays the 'Arsenal way'. Welcome @MesutOzil1088 absolutely buzzing!

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 18h On my way up north, but don't worry Gooners I'm not involved in any last minute deal just meeting with the England boys!

• Advertisement

it broke ME!

never mind him! and his 50k a week!:mad:

That night was such a mess, dodgy ref and dodgy misses but Messi was class. Wasn't that the night Van persie was sent off for kicking the ball away? We played Barcelona so many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Think are being a bit harsh on aul Nic over that miss tbh

astonaidan wrote: »

It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't bragging about been the best player in the world at the time :pac:

astonaidan wrote: »

For a decent striker it was very scoreable but i think the criticism comes from the perception from Arsenal fans that Bendtner took to the field in a bit of a sulk at being left on the bench and didnt give a sh*t where the ball went. There was also 1 or 2 occasions where Bendtner was pictured drunk in a nightclub the same night as the club went out of the Champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Nick's back, it's like the return of the prodigal son!

I'm cautiously optimistic here. He knows what he has to do to get himself the move he wants, and he's got the ability too if he sorts his attitude out. Afterall, this was a player who got a goal every four games for us playing mostly from the wing, not as a bad a return as people make out. As much as Nick needs to make amends, the fans have to cut him some slack too, he got an awful hard time from all sides after that miss.

The irony in all this is that he could actually be ideal cover for Giroud, he's big, can throw himself about, handy with his feet and already knows how we play. Work hard, chip in with a few goals... who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I'm cautiously optimistic here. He knows what he has to do to get himself the move he wants, and he's got the ability too if he sorts his attitude out. Afterall, this was a player who got a goal every four games for us playing mostly from the wing, not as a bad a return as people make out. As much as Nick needs to make amends, the fans have to cut him some slack too, he got an awful hard time from all sides after that miss.

The irony in all this is that he could actually be ideal cover for Giroud, he's big, can throw himself about, handy with his feet and already knows how we play. Work hard, chip in with a few goals... who knows.
    true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ironic that on page 52 of the thread we're talking about Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

If anyone remembers it the goal-line clearance against Liverpool a couple of years earlier that knocked us out of the CL was his original unforgivable act in my book.

I can't remember whose shot he blocked but I was actually fit to kill after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Bendtner had no choice but to make that statement. He's out of contract at the end of the season, and he will have even less offers to choose from next Summer if he just sits in the reserves until then. He's probably got a bit of an eye opener to what sort of wage he can expect from next year, might be the wake up call he needs.

He's not even that bad of a player, with the midfield service we have he should be capable of hitting double figures.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If anyone remembers it the goal-line clearance against Liverpool a couple of years earlier that knocked us out of the CL was his original unforgivable act in my book.

I can't remember whose shot he blocked but I was actually fit to kill after it.

I was more pissed off about the 1 on 1 Henry wasted in the CL final to be honest. People have very selective memories...

• Advertisement

If needs must i hope he can do a job but he wont or shouldnt be offered a new contract regardless of his performances this year. I hate the fact he is near our first team squad and its more his attitude i question as opposed to his ability.

A realistic down to earth Bendtner might have never been loaned out and could be a valuable squad member for Arsenal but if that will happen it will happen far too late for Bendtner or Arsenal to benefit from it.

Im guessing he is in the final year of his contract so he will go on a Bosman and he can negotiate with a new club in January where wages will be less of an issue at that stage id imagine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So Bendtner is actually like a new signing? :pac:

Screw it, he's the best option we have I suppose and hopefully there was something genuine in that statement.

His scoring record isn't too bad when he's played regularly in the past and I had forgot he's still only 25 he's been around so long.

I hope he realises what a huge opportunity this is for him and I hope nobody tells poor old Park he's apparently behind one of our most reviled players in the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

2ndcoming wrote: »

He was dead to me at that stage.

I was more pissed off about the 1 on 1 Henry wasted in the CL final to be honest. People have very selective memories...

But id say no one was more pissed off about that then Henry tbf and he claimed afterwards that he got such a kicking from their centre halves (Marquez and Puyol) that he had no power in his legs to get the finish off properly.

Anyone can miss a chance but its the contrasting attitude towards Arsenal that has defined both Henry and Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ironic that on page 52 of the thread we're talking about Bendtner.

Page 20 for me :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So Bendtner is actually like a new signing? :pac:

Screw it, he's the best option we have I suppose and hopefully there was something genuine in that statement.

His scoring record isn't too bad when he's played regularly in the past and I had forgot he's still only 25 he's been around so long.

I hope he realises what a huge opportunity this is for him and I hope nobody tells poor old Park he's apparently behind one of our most reviled players in the pecking order.

You forgot that he's the best player in the world :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My favourite bendy moment is - he's in a pizza place in Denmark drunk trying to get free pizza by saying "do you know who I am?"

YouTube it.

But id say no one was more pissed off about that then Henry tbf and he claimed afterwards that he got such a kicking from their centre halves (Marquez and Puyol) that he had no power in his legs to get the finish off properly.

Anyone can miss a chance but its the contrasting attitude towards Arsenal that has defined both Henry and Bendtner.

Very true. But I'm was trying to highlight that fans can be both quick to forgive when it suits them, but quicker yet to hold a grudge. Given that we could potentially come to need him, it's on our interest to, if maybe not forgive Bendtner, at least cut him some slack and put the past out of mind.

I guess I just don't want to see the fans booing him while he's in the squad because I fear that will just make things worse than they are for all parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hopefully Wenger has given up on his old plan of bringing on Bendtner and playing him on the wing. Shudders.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

shano_88 wrote: »
    Hopefully Wenger has given up on his old plan of bringing on Bendtner and playing him.

Fixed that for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think Bendtner is out of contract next summer so he will have to impress whenever he gets the chance. I do think he has the ability, he just thinks he is a lot better than he actually is so puts in fcuk all effort. He needs to put the effort in this season so I think he will be a good back up.

Very true. But I'm was trying to highlight that fans can be both quick to forgive when it suits them, but quicker yet to hold a grudge. Given that we could potentially come to need him, it's on our interest to, if maybe not forgive Bendtner, at least cut him some slack and put the past out of mind.

I guess I just don't want to see the fans booing him while he's in the squad because I fear that will just make things worse than they are for all parties.

I agree with you 110% on that. Can never understand people paying money to supposedly support a team and then booing them in the duration of play...actually booing them at all isnt right to be honest either individually or collectively.

Ill keep an open mind to Bendtner and route for him should he make an appearance just as i would route for Jack or Ozil . Also it is fair to mention that to his credit he was good for several last minute winners in the past.

Personally though, i feel he wont see action unless we have a spate of injuries (which at Arsenal is very possible)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think Bendtner is out of contract next summer so he will have to impress whenever he gets the chance. I do think he has the ability, he just thinks he is a lot better than he actually is so puts in fcuk all effort. He needs to put the effort in this season so I think he will be a good back up.

If only you could get inside someone's head and fix it id have no problem with him staying though that said it wouldnt have come to this if we could do that :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Going to be an interview on SSN soon with Ozil.

Feels weird seeing them interview the folks working in the shop at the emirates about putting his name on the shirt and that. can't remember the last time there was this much of a buzz around the club over a transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Going to be an interview on SSN soon with Ozil.

Feels weird seeing them interview the folks working in the shop at the emirates about putting his name on the shirt and that. can't remember the last time there was this much of a buzz around the club over a transfer.

Bergkamp? Other than that I don't think I've ever been as excited.

I still do a little girly squeal everytime I think about it :o

L'prof wrote: »
    Bergkamp? Other than that I don't think I've ever been as excited.

what about when Park signed?

Campbell for me, and a free from spurs, icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

what about when Park signed?

Where has he gone? Couldn't we call on him too? He was Sth.Korea captain when he signed and he scored a lovely curled goal for us in the Carling Cup and now we don't even know where he is ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

O - zil to the arsenal!

Beautiful.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Where has he gone? Couldn't we call on him too? He was Sth.Korea captain when he signed and he scored a lovely curled goal for us in the Carling Cup and now we don't even know where he is ....

He is still with us unless we a loan offer. He and Bendtner are the only dead weight left. Bendtner will be gone this time next year at the latest leaving only the mysterious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

WE SIGNED F**KING OZIL!!!

Just had to let that out.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Which 1v1?

Titi was in against Valdes at least 3 times in that match. That and Belletti beating Lolmunia at his near post with a toe poke.

Speaking of keepers; that signing of the Palermo lad is one of the strangest AW transfers I've seen I think - what was wrong with Fabianski as back up? Really should have concentrated efforts elsewhere.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He is still with us unless we a loan offer. He and Bendtner are the only dead weight left. Bendtner will be gone this time next year at the latest leaving only the mysterious one.

Did Park not originally sign on for 2 years due to his upcoming compulsory military service??

He was talking to St Etienne last week. Definately the most bizarre Arsenal transfer i can ever remember. He never came within an asses roar of a matchday squad but strangely he came from Monaco a with decent enough reputation and Korean captain as Maire said

Maybe park had to do that military service after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would love to see the look on Ozil's face in training when he sees Bendtner missing those simple tap-ins.
    What would be going through his mind " Christ, what have I got myself into, the standard here is not very high". :D

Gazidis statement last night with his frequent use of 'Mr Kroenke' had alot of this about it barring very few willing to join in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Not sure if it was posted already but this may explain why Kroenke does what he does at Arsenal.

http://arseblog.com/2013/08/on-kroenke-by-an-american-arsenal-fan/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I would love to see the look on Ozil's face in training when he sees Bendtner missing those simple tap-ins.
    What would be going through his mind " Christ, what have I got myself into, the standard here is not very high". :D

OR

He sees a 16yr old zelalem spraying balls all over the place
    And he thinks this place is the business :-) :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement