Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Vincent Tan wearing his polo-neck trousers again :D

He's a great Bond villan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3 points today, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yahoo. Still on top :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Bendtner!!! Told ye guys he was class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

And Breath....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

That was a hard fought win and the lads stayed at it until the end. We're really liking being top and are fighting like hell to stay there.

Wilshere had a great game, and today also showed why we need Giroud - Podolski just can't hold up the ball like he does. Crucial goal by Bendtner and a neat finish from Walcott - I went from suicidal to elated in the space of 5 mins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Amazing win there especially snatching it at the end. Bendtner scoring vital goals kinda reminds me when we won it in 98 when Christopher Wreh was scoring and winning us games when he wasnt a regular starter. Have a great feeling about this season lads COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Walcott was excellent today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Not the first time Bendtner has come on and put in a solid performance.

He was a lot more useful up top than Podolski. Not exactly like Giroud but similar enough in holding the ball up.

• Advertisement

Besides the goal i actually though Bendtner played pretty well.
    Also think we may be seeing Wilshere rediscover some of his old form again. Was very good out there today.

must say i always knew we'd win two nil with goals from bendy and walcott and i didn't panic at all. at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Never ever ever want too see podolski up top again

Never ever ever want too see podolski up top again

our game doesn't suit him in that position. I do like him as our left wing forward though. but he doesn't have the ability to hold up the ball like Giroud, or the discipline to hold the line.
    I still love the bloke, but he's not a CF that suits us.

Why haven't we got Rosicky signing a new contract yet. He is just way too good to let go.

Kudos to the club for trolling the world by letting Sagna take a free-kick.

What in the holy name of God did anybody think we would achieve from that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    our game doesn't suit him in that position. I do like him as our left wing forward though. but he doesn't have the ability to hold up the ball like Giroud, or the discipline to hold the line.

He needs someone in there holding the ball up and creating the space for him. Giroud was a big part of why he looked so lethal against West Ham and I reckon he would have been better today if he had started on the left with Bendtner in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

bad2dabone wrote: »

Ya big fan of Podolski too but in his correct position. Even Theo is a better option up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

BENDTNER IN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Poldi is better at coming onto the ball from a lay off or shooting/crossing from the LHS, hopefully Bendtner isnt out for too long.

Where are the 'I don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt ever again' brigade now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bc6NKazCQAABs6G.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like he might have gone over on his ankle on landing after the goal? Nearly twisted my own after leaping off the couch when he scored :D

BENDTNER IN!

hes scored more goals this year than rvp, rooney, messi, cavani, ronaldo, and zlatan combined.

Let's snip out the City and Everton game.

Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
    West Ham 1-3 Arsenal
    Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal 2-0 Cardiff

Very, very fine string of results.

Only 1 goal conceded in 4 games too. Although not only was the goal scored by West Ham, it was scored by Carlton Cole; which really diminishes any clean sheet we get for a long, long time.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Poldi is better at coming onto the ball from a lay off or shooting/crossing from the LHS, hopefully Bendtner isnt out for too long.

Where are the 'I don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt ever again' brigade now? :)

Honestly, we're all culprits to many ill judgements.

Myself, I've always liked Bendtner, always liked Giroud and always have had trust in Wenger even after the Villa game.
    But last season although I wasn't vocal about it, I felt it was a disgrace that Ramsey was wearing an Arsenal shirt. I thought he was pathetic and I couldn't be more happy to be proven wrong this season.

We could create a new gospel with all the quotes of hate people have had for some Arsenal players but at the end of the day, even the least vocal of us have a lot of opinions that are eventually completely proven wrong.

You're right about Podolski, there. That quality is especially evident when he plays on the left wing as well which is great.

• Advertisement

Wenger said Bendtner definitely out for Saturdays clash against Sp*rs.
    So that's no Bendtner or Giroud. Who are we going to play up front because we can't go Poldi again?

When Nicholas Bendtner went to Paris, the Eiffel Tower had its picture taken with him.

BFG did what we all did when Nikki B's goal went in

Bc6WfeIIIAAn_i8.jpg

Maire2009 wrote: »
    BFG did what we all did when Nikki B's goal went in

Bc6WfeIIIAAn_i8.jpg

Get an erection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ouch Bendys ankle was done by the Cardiff Keeper, picture posted by Arseblog on Twitter
    UvhPK72.jpg

• Advertisement

Ouch, such a shame. Because of that now Giroud could be rushed back for the Saturday clash.

I fully expect a striker in before villa away

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Get an erection?

If that's where your eyes went first :D

Bc6WUgvCUAAVaN1.jpg

Respect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Maire2009 wrote: »
    If that's where your eyes went first :D

Bc6WUgvCUAAVaN1.jpg

Respect!

You'd think Kos could have buttoned his pants up! :D Hope Poldi invites Schumacher to the Emirates when he recovers.

I absolutely love Mertesacker. Wears his heart on his sleeve you can see he genuinely loves the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 13 (8)
    Giroud 11 (8)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 4 (2)
    Podolski 3 (3)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Bendtner has more 2014 goals than Messi, Ronaldo, Man United and Tottenham combined.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bendtner has more 2014 goals than Messi, Ronaldo, Man United and Tottenham combined.

Jynxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yup. Tempted faith so I did. :o

Nice goal by Chuks Aneke on loan at Crewe.

Today proves for once and for all that there are no easy teams to be taken for granted in the EPL.
    You have to approach every game in the right frame of mind or you will suffer.
    We had to work very hard today and fair play to the team they fought.
    Last season we gave up in some games like that especially the first two against Stoke and Sunderland.
    We now have that winning mentality hopefully.

• Advertisement

Today proves for once and for all that there are no easy teams to be taken for granted in the EPL.
    You have to approach every game in the right frame of mind or you will suffer.
    We had to work very hard today and fair play to the team they fought.
    Last season we gave up in some games like that especially the first two against Stoke and Sunderland.
    We now have that winning mentality hopefully.

I hope you remember this post about no easy games the next time we slip up and draw a game we all think we should win

I hope you remember this post about no easy games the next time we slip up and draw a game we all think we should win

Maybe if you look back over my posts you will see that I have consistently said that we have to always focus and play our strongest team.
    Nothing should be taken for granted in the EPL.
    Shur United are losing at home to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bendtner's got more goals from open play than Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Wenger might go in for Rooney now after that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

How on earth did Arsenal lose to that United team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Worth having a sneaky look into the Utd thread meltdown. It's just great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

How on earth did Arsenal lose to that United team.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Thanks for the heads up, best laugh I've had this year !!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Indeed. Can't blame them really. They were used to being on cloud nine for so long and the reality check now is becoming more difficult.

I saw an interesting statistic in the Utd forum, points won by the first 8 teams between each other.
    (in brackets the home games)
    City: 7(6) - 18
    Everton: 7(4) - 12
    Arsenal: 7(4) - 11
    Newcastle: 7(3) - 10
    Chelsea: 7(2) - 9
    Liverpool: 7(1) - 8
    Tottenham: 8(4) - 6
    Utd: 8(5) - 5

It's impressive what City is doing in the home games. This could make the difference in the end, consistently winning home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

wawaman wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, best laugh I've had this year !!!!;)

Good enough for them, they had to resort to cheating to try get a result against an average Spurs team. Their fans deserve everything the club is going through. Still hate them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement