Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

keano_afc wrote: »
    Good enough for them, they had to resort to cheating to try get a result against an average Spurs team. Their fans deserve everything the club is going through. Still hate them.

Delighted for a particular portion of their fans. Half of them probably support City by now anyway though.

As regards the cheating, they've always tried a bit of that now and again. But then so have most teams.

Now if there was just done way we could sign Rooney.

Ha!

Just knocked a Sp*rs fan in the fpl cup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Worth having a sneaky look into the Utd thread meltdown. It's just great.

2e2dxdv_medium.gif

(time to break out my fave gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

[QUOTE Bendtner has more 2014 goals than Messi, Ronaldo, Man United and Tottenham combined.[/QUOTE]

Well he still has scored more than Manu messi and CR7 Vain-aldo this year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hopefully we see theo up top on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hopefully we see theo up top on Saturday

I'd say Giroud will be back.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I absolutely love Mertesacker. Wears his heart on his sleeve you can see he genuinely loves the club.

I was concerned about his performances for a long long time but trust a good old industrial German to eventually win me over :) A leader, a legend!
    H'on the BFG!! :D

Ha!

Just knocked a Sp*rs fan in the fpl cup :D

Careful they might start to get a complex :D

I'd say Giroud will be back.

Oh I thought it was a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was concerned about his performances for a long long time but trust a good old industrial German to eventually win me over :) A leader, a legend!
    H'on the BFG!! :D

I think its gas that he actually labels himself as BFG as well.

He's great.

• Advertisement

Oh I thought it was a few weeks

No. He should be back for Sat.

http://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/

No. He should be back for Sat.

http://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/

Strongest team possible so, we have 9 days before villa away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Arteta was in the Arsenal matchday studio after the game and was full of praise for Bendtner.

He claimed that he [Arteta] was delighted for Bendtner because "He's been working so so hard in training" and by the sound of Arteta's voice, he really really meant it.

Huge credit to Bendtner.

You look over at Chelsea with Eto'o, Torres and Ba; and I just think to myself, there is no doubt that they're all somewhat better than Bendtner but the commitment and care he is showing makes him a much more suitable 2nd/3rd choice striker for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Arteta was in the Arsenal matchday studio after the game and was full of praise for Bendtner.

He claimed that he [Arteta] was delighted for Bendtner because "He's been working so so hard in training" and by the sound of Arteta's voice, he really really meant it.

Huge credit to Bendtner.

You look over at Chelsea with Eto'o, Torres and Ba; and I just think to myself, there is no doubt that they're all somewhat better than Bendtner but the commitment and care he is showing makes him a much more suitable 2nd/3rd choice striker for now.

Meh, commitment I expect for someone on 60k a week.

Excuse me if I don't feel sorry for him.

Meh, commitment I expect for someone on 60k a week.

We can only compare him to others earning 20-100k per week and compared to the other routes he could have taken this season, I am very pleased with his commitment.

And I feel sorry for him for the abuse he has taken too. He's done a very good job in changing things for himself.

We can only compare him to others earning 20-100k per week and compared to the other routes he could have taken this season, I am very pleased with his commitment.

And I feel sorry for him for the abuse he has taken too. He's done a very good job in changing things for himself.

He will win back the crowd by continuing to score goals when he comes on the team.

Yes and the majority of others are doing their job trouble free.

Why should he be praised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The way Bendtner was going he'd be lucky to have gotten a decent Danish club to take him. And he certainly wouldn't have been on the type of money he is now.

The chances he is getting are his very last chance to salvage a top level career for himself.

He has to take them

Yes and the majority of others are doing their job trouble free.

Why should he be praised?

Look, Bendtner is getting a lot of praise for his commitment from many people, especially after today's goal.

Every so often someone (in this case, you) will come out with the "He's on 60k a week, he shouldn't be praised" cliché and that's fair enough, but if it's okay I won't be drawn into arguing about it because it normally results in a frustrating stalemate for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Absolute Joke the way Bendtner is treated by fans at the stadium and casual fans too, ironic cheers, sighs when he comes on etc. Disgraceful way to treat one of your teams own players as he enters the pitch or when he has just come on, that goal could be crucial come May yet i'm sure some people will conveniently forget it because it's Bendtner, everyones quick to forget the past form of players like Ramsey who has come good now so surely Bendtner deserves a similar chance.

• Advertisement

Arsenal are on first on MOTD :rolleyes:

peabutler wrote: »
    Absolute Joke the way Bendtner is treated by fans at the stadium and casual fans too, ironic cheers, sighs when he comes on etc. Disgraceful way to treat one of your teams own players as he enters the pitch or when he has just come on, that goal could be crucial come May yet i'm sure some people will conveniently forget it because it's Bendtner, everyones quick to forget the past form of players like Ramsey who has come good now so surely Bendtner deserves a similar chance.

I agree we have pathetic fans, who booed after the Chelsea game a few weeks ago.

But booing eboue those years ego was such a low point.

Henry saying we have the best fans, ha don't think so.

Poor eboue still loves arsenal though!

Isn't it bendters comments about arsenal not matching his ambition etc that got fans angry and not his general play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Bentner's commitment is surely to be complemented.
    I still don't feel he's good enough if we are building the great new Arsenal.
    And I hope his improvement won't discourage Wenger from looking for another good striker this month.

well i say fair play to bendy, he was properly out of shape at the start of the season, he got his **** together, got fit, changed from that ridiculous 52 jersey, and scored a couple of vital goals. the 52k a week contract he's on is Arsene's fault. his attitude sucked, but there are plenty of rich-too-young too soon footballers with ****ty attitudes out there. he's at least rolled his sleeves up. it might be cos he needs a new club in 6 months, but he's doing what he's paid for. those goals vs hull and today vs cardiff could be worth a **** lot more than his salary come the end of the season.

Sprained ankle could be 5-6 weeks.

defo wilshere pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

bad2dabone wrote: »
    defo wilshere pen

Stone wall.

We are getting very slow at starting games and building up a head of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭ronjo

I believe The Sun are reporting we are getting Berbatov.

As I said a few times I would be happy with that as short term signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

jonny666 wrote: »
    The way Bendtner was going he'd be lucky to have gotten a decent Danish club to take him. And he certainly wouldn't have been on the type of money he is now.

The chances he is getting are his very last chance to salvage a top level career for himself.

He has to take them
    Now that's just silly. He got Juventus to take a chance on him, he's clearly a level above the Danish league. He's their best striker ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ronjo wrote: »
    I believe The Sun are reporting we are getting Berbatov.

As I said a few times I would be happy with that as short term signing.

Former Spurs and Utd player. No thanks. Besides he is a lazy git and I feel would have a negative impact on the team. If nothing long term comes along in January we should wait until the summer we don't want to upset the balance of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bc7agnxIUAEoZWx.jpg

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Now that's just silly. He got Juventus to take a chance on him, he's clearly a level above the Danish league. He's their best striker ffs.

24 goals* in 56 caps. Not a bad return for a guy playing in a middle of the road national team. Scored a brace against Italy a while ago.

*if Wikipedia is to be believed that's the same umber of league goals he has scored in his Arsenal career.

i'd take berba:
    1) short term
    2) he's a cool dude
    3) he's still got it
    4) experienced

Anyone think this is Theos full potential were seeing or is there more.

Seems we have been waiting years for him to explode.

He is playing well, but will he be the one minute brilliant next really frustrating now for his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Part of the reason so many "dislike" Bendtner is purely because of his attitude. Wasn't only a few weeks ago that he came out criticising Weenger after he had given him yet another chance (source). Whatever about anything else if he could could that crap out a lot more fans would be a lot more forgiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

i'd take berba:
    1) short term
    2) he's a cool dude
    3) he's still got it
    4) experienced

After today, yeah.
    I'd still rather someone young and permanent but a short term berba deal is better than a bad signing or no signing at all.

Berba's like Adebayor. If you can motivate him, he'll be the best player on the pitch. But you can never ever rely on him.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Part of the reason so many "dislike" Bendtner is purely because of his attitude. Wasn't only a few weeks ago that he came out criticising Weenger after he had given him yet another chance (source). Whatever about anything else if he could could that crap out a lot more fans would be a lot more forgiving.

Exactly.

Anyone think this is Theos full potential were seeing or is there more.

Seems we have been waiting years for him to explode.

He is playing well, but will he be the one minute brilliant next really frustrating now for his career.

We definitely saw both sides of him today.
    One minute taking the totally wrong option and the next doing something brilliantly.
    Maybe that's just the type of player he is.

gosplan wrote: »

Berba's like Adebayor. If you can motivate him, he'll be the best player on the pitch. But you can never ever rely on him.

totally. id fancy him in this squad. loads of lads thought flamini wouldnt be good for us, he's been a great signing. berba could be the same. we defo need reinforcements.

• Advertisement

We definitely saw both sides of him today.
    One minute taking the totally wrong option and the next doing something brilliantly.
    Maybe that's just the type of player he is.

If he stays injury free, he might push that little bit extra and be our best goal threat, probably is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'd hope we're a level above considering Berbatov. Need to be looking for better IMO.

If he stays injury free, he might push that little bit extra and be our best goal threat, probably is right now.

Yes he could be.
    He missed the target from 7/8 yards in the first half and then scores with a lovely chip near the end
    I sometimes think he lacks confidence and plays much better when we're leading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I'd hope we're a level above considering Berbatov. Need to be looking for better IMO.

I agree but given that its January and better than Berbatov isnt out there would you take him for £3million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is Berba really the player you want to pull something out of the bag for you when the chips are down? Bags of talent, but could only see him being useful for resting Giroud against the smaller teams.

hes a very clever player and would unlock some teams. we'll see what happens, if he signs then at least it gives us another option.

hes a very clever player and would unlock some teams. we'll see what happens, if he signs then at least it gives us another option.

Might give Sagna a break from the free-kicks too.

Might give Sagna a break from the free-kicks too.

now lets not be hasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I'm not sure that I want another premiership striker if I am being totally honest. At this stage we have played every team and of the star strikers, only Aguero has given us any grief.

Mert and Kos managed to keep Suarez quiet when he was paired with his favoured strike partner, and likewise they managed to keep Rooney out of the game. If we want to continue with the Ozil type signings, we should be looking at people who would trouble Kos and Mert if they were playing against us. Lewandowski did it to a degree and I really think we shouldn't be looking at anyone who is a level below him.

We are getting very slow at starting games and building up a head of steam.

There is just that lack of tempo throughout. Rosicky seems to be the only one able to up the ante. The rest are inclined to be far too pedestrian.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement