Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

OR

He sees a 16yr old zelalem spraying balls all over the place
    And he thinks this place is the business :-) :-)

Bit racy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Did Park not originally sign on for 2 years due to his upcoming compulsory military service??

He was talking to St Etienne last week. Definately the most bizarre Arsenal transfer i can ever remember. He never came within an asses roar of a matchday squad but strangely he came from Monaco a with decent enough reputation and Korean captain as Maire said

He couldn't have been truly that awful and it's very unlike Wenger not to give his players at least a chance or two.

My guessing is he was a board signing and Wenger proved his point about who's in charge.

Tough business. Still, at least Park was well paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I think if Giroud gets injured we would hepefully Theo up from but until I have seen more of Sanogo id be more confident with Bendy leading the line than him.

I think everyone agrees the lad has talent and despite the fact id prefer he was not in the squad in the absence of a better back up id be happy to utilise him in the 1 position I think we lack options now.

I honesltly feel that we can challenge for the league as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Theo up from with ozil behind just might work

gosplan wrote: »
    He couldn't have been truly that awful and it's very unlike Wenger not to give his players at least a chance or two.

My guessing is he was a board signing and Wenger proved his point about who's in charge.

Ill say one thing about the Arsenal board, they are far from perfect but no way on earth would they ever buy a player over Wenger's head. He would have walked long ago in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Im still in amazement that we have captured such a talented world class player in Ozil. That's the sort of pulling power Wenger has in the game, still buzzing that we have the finest attacking midfielder in world football, cant wait for the international fixtures to be over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

12 days to go.....

Are the Germany internationals on telebox?

Edit:: BT Sport 2 Friday 1945hrs

dvemail wrote: »
    Not sure if it was posted already but this may explain why Kroenke does what he does at Arsenal.

http://arseblog.com/2013/08/on-kroenke-by-an-american-arsenal-fan/

It would seem that the only defence to Kroenke's way of running teams is 'At least they arent ran like City/Chelsea/Monaco/PSG, etc'. He is the other extreme and has got alot more from the club then he has given. If the transfer window and the Suarez saga has thought us anything its that the 'expertise' he supposedly brought to the club was poor when it came to the football side of things given that the tried to activate a clause in Suarez contract that never actually existed.

At the end of the day it was the club's money that went on Ozil so the praise Kroenke was getting from his head cheerleader Gazidis was way over the top...embarrassing even. He may have given his own vote to the Ozil transfer but if he didnt there would have been mayhem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

It would seem that the only defence to Kroenke's way of running teams is 'At least they arent ran like City/Chelsea/Monaco/PSG, etc'. He is the other extreme and has got alot more from the club then he has given. If the transfer window and the Suarez saga has thought us anything its that the 'expertise' he supposedly brought to the club was poor when it came to the football side of things given that the tried to activate a clause in Suarez contract that never actually existed.

At the end of the day it was the club's money that went on Ozil so the praise Kroenke was getting from his head cheerleader Gazidis was way over the top...embarrassing even. He may have given his own vote to the Ozil transfer but if he didnt there would have been mayhem.

Agree, Mr Kroenke this and that.
    It wasnt his money?
    They didnt thank Usmanov.

Dont wanna start hearing shiite like that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Levy phoning Madrid asking them not to sell us ozil, ah this transfer couldn't get any sweeter!

Levy phoning Madrid asking them not to sell us ozil, ah this transfer couldn't get any sweeter!

Seriously? Where'd you read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Please tell me you have a link for this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

" auf Gehts Gunners!"

I love him already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That's pretty sad.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

batistuta9 wrote: »

Why didnt the dumbass just haggle for a money plus Ozil deal then? Ha ha this is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The transfer that just keeps on giving

Why didnt the dumbass just haggle for a money plus Ozil deal then? Ha ha this is brilliant :D

why the fúck would Özil go to them clowns

Stay Classy Spurs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that was pathetic by Levy.

why the fúck would Özil go to them clowns
    Love the way you took the time to put the 2 dots over the "O" there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Apparently spurs were under the impression they were all buddy buddy with Madrid now. Then spurs made Madrid pay well over the odds for Bale so they responded by giving us Özil. :D

I used to hate Madrid, but next to Barcelona they are quite likeable. The above, if true, just adds to it.
    gosplan wrote: »

Thats exactly what I thought after a couple of months. The board thought they would give Wenger a gift, Wenger didnt want it and hardly ever played him to show who the real boss is.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Love the way you took the time to put the 2 dots over the "O" there :D

:pac: & capitalised it too

for the pedants: it's alt+153 uppercase and alt+148 for lower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

The eejit did not read the memo- RM only buy players from them and do not sell to them- why on earth would any right thinking world class player in top form go to Totteham HS? :rolleyes:

Mr Levy believing in his own hype and BS :P

I have read all sorts of nonsense about them doing good business but errm they spent all the money they got from selling Bale before he even went to RM. Apart from Lamela who is just above average- I am not impressed tbh.

I will take Giroud over Soldado any day -FACT!

If I was a Spurs fan, I will be more concerned about their chances of coming 5th this season- I rate Liverpool over them.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Apparently spurs were under the impression they were all buddy buddy with Madrid now. Then spurs made Madrid pay well over the odds for Bale so they responded by giving us Özil. :D

I used to hate Madrid, but next to Barcelona they are quite likeable. The above, if true, just adds to it.

Thats exactly what I thought after a couple of months. The board thought they would give Wenger a gift, Wenger didnt want it and hardly ever played him to show who the real boss is.

Ah id say he probably just never settled. Another theory could be that like Inamoto, AW might have been convinced to invest in a signing to go in line with Arsenal's growing profile in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I've watched the German midfield of Kheidra - Schweinsteiger - Ozil for the last few seasons and admired it so much AND ONE OF THEM IS OURS NOW excited-baby.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

First interview with the man himself!!!

Raf32 wrote: »
    First interview with the man himself!!!

Eeeeeeeeek roll on Saturday week :D

Eeeeeeeeek roll on Saturday week :D

Going to watch him friday along with the irish match :D

• Advertisement

Going to watch him friday along with the irish match :D

Its against there neighbours Austria so its gonna be like a derby, ill be wincing anytime a tackle comes in on him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Spures ****ting themselves now spending all that 110 million and not one of their players come close to Ozil :D

Its against there neighbours Austria so its gonna be like a derby, ill be wincing anytime a tackle comes in on him :)

The BFG better wrap him in cotton wool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lets go gunners! So excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Just flicked onto The footballers football show' on Sky. Jamie R, Glenn H and Dean Saunders. On about Liverpool or Spurs getting 4th next year, Chelsea or City to win the league and Man U third.

Hoddle drives me mad....

Just flicked onto The footballers football show' on Sky. Jamie R, Glenn H and Dean Saunders. On about Liverpool or Spurs getting 4th next year, Chelsea or City to win the league and Man U third.

Hoddle drives me mad....

Good that's the way I like it! Let us do our business quitely while the pundits talk ****e.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10284922/Mesut-Ozils-42m-move-to-Arsenal-sealed-with-one-phone-call-from-manager-Arsene-Wenger.html
    Question Wenger all you want, if it wasnt for him this wouldnt happen, what a man, ozil must have seen him as so impressive and classy with him speaking fluent german!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know......just drives me mad that all of the UK pundits essentially never ever give Arsenal any credit at all.

That said, I was never so happy to see Kenny Cunningham proved wrong last year. He was so bloody dismissive of Arsenal getting 4th place and he refused to accept that they would, right to the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hmmmm Norwich at home Saturday 19th october, return to heathrow is 110 euro, get the tube straight to the ground
    reckon i could make the trip for less than 200 quid including ticket. be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10284922/Mesut-Ozils-42m-move-to-Arsenal-sealed-with-one-phone-call-from-manager-Arsene-Wenger.html
    Question Wenger all you want, if it wasnt for him this wouldnt happen, what a man, ozil must have seen him as so impressive and classy with him speaking fluent german!

Yes great for Wenger to sign him.
    But what about the other positions, particularly striker, that needed strengthening or cover? Was he lax in this?
    Or have we enough cover?

Tottenham Hotspur legend Jürgen Klinsmann told Mesut Özil to sign for Arsenal.
    There are no words to describe this, even he knows they will always be in our shadow :D

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Hmmmm Norwich at home Saturday 19th october, return to heathrow is 110 euro, get the tube straight to the ground
    reckon i could make the trip for less than 200 quid including ticket. be worth it.

Day trip or overnight?

But what about the other positions, particularly striker, that needed strengthening or cover? Was he lax in this?
    Or have we enough cover?

we definitely have enough to jan imo, then get in a forward and should be ok, what you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

we definitely have enough to jan imo, then get in a forward and should be ok, what you think?

I got what I wanted i.e. a DM in Flamini.
    Would have liked a Higuain or Suarez type striker to complete the squad. Now fearing an injury to Giroud.

I got what I wanted i.e. a DM in Flamini.
    Would have liked a Higuain or Suarez type striker to complete the squad. Now fearing an injury to Giroud.

Lets just hope we make it to jan i suppose, all our players should be back then, add a squad player and a forward and our squad can be very strong. Ozil would not have joined if we arent trying to sign more, the way i see it, this is just the beginning my friend :)

• Advertisement

Or have we enough cover?

We made a mess of the Suarez deal. We pulled the plug on Higuain as we were so confident of getting Suarez and of that clause in his contract actually existing. Once it was established that that clause wasnt there we were left holding our dicks so to speak.

If we could get Benzema in the not too distant future then it might be worth it. The fact we only wanted Ba on loan would suggest Wenger has a plan in mind to buy big either next Summer or possibly January. There could be some movement with Suarez and Benzema then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Day trip or overnight?

day trip. its doable easy for 2 to 250 quid from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

bad2dabone wrote: »
    day trip. its doable easy for 2 to 250 quid from dublin.

Will that be cat c or b game

Ticket will prob be 60e

probably. dunno if i can afford it but i'll have to look into it, i'm dying to see Özil live.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement