Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got back about 10 minutes ago, that was a brilliant game.

Two things:

Rosicky totally deserves that type of goal, born out of chasing down lost causes.

Mert loves Arsenal and it's fans, he was the last one off the pitch today, and clapped everyone.

I'm not going to talk about the Spurs fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Incredible energy from Rosicky. He was brilliant. The team played without the pressure of the league and it showed. One of our most fluid performances of the season. Helped in part by Sherwood's naivety in playing 4-4-2. Good work Agent Tim.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

BdKSG00IYAAdVD6.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I wouldn't be too carried away with that performance

4-4-2 played into our hands, esp with one if there CMs making his debut

Both CBs are like turtles which played into walcotts hands, and gnarby was only up against rose who is useless

Basically the only thing I learned today is that spurs are pretty ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I thought Gnabry played a great game for a young guy of 18. Well done the Gooners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fabianski was pretty good too I thought. Didn't have a whole lot to do granted but he spread himself well for the Eriksen chance and was solid and assured with everything else.

About as good a #2 as there is at any club though I suspect he'll be off in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

BdKqjOrIgAA_IaG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

If you asked around about our six best players this season and someone said Sczezny, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud, it would be easy to agree with that and we started this game without any of them in the team and we still beat Spurs 2-0 comfortably, it either says something about how good our squad is or how poor Spurs are (or both).

Delighted with the win, makes going into work on Monday a pleasure.

Was delighted for Rosicky, he chases around all game, and for it to come off in a game like this is brilliant.

Roll on the next game.

Loved Walcott's gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Are we more direct with Theo upfront and does Giroud slow down our attacks hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Are we more direct with Theo upfront and does Giroud slow down our attacks hmmm.

well its horses for courses, walcott vs dawson is only going to have 1 result - chaos for spurs. but giroud suits other games. both good options to have although i think we still need another striker.

itll be the summer i think before we buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Yeah he is good for teams with a high line, doubt he would be much help against a team that sits back.

Also how many times was he offside today? He's probably the fastest man in the league, he doesn't need to run so early.

Anyway if anything happens to Walcott it's a disgrace. Bale did the same gesture to kick us off on our "negative spiral" last season

BdK8ZwVIIAEgQWu.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Gutted the Kansas City Chiefs were knocked out of the Play-offs by centimetres.

Thank God, I have Arsenal for the next 4 months.

Better beat the holy ****ing **** out of those ***** at Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

vgpvtv.jpg

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Arsenal vs. Coventry in the FA Cup.

This is the reaction of the Coventry fans:

1513270_716611371696774_969632190_n.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Hope the improvements made to boards is able to handle the latest meltdown on the Man United thread :D:D:D

What a pleb...

BdOdJQiIMAA4Scv.jpg:large

Edit: Double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any updates on yesterday's injured players or is it too early?

Any updates on yesterday's injured players or is it too early?

Walcott is at least two weeks. Had a scan today and they won't know the results till tomorrow as far as i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just back in the door. What a trip! My favourite trip to the Emirates ever, my first since a drab 1-1 draw with Fulham in December '11. What an atmosphere!

Thought the defence, Arteta, Rosicky, Santi and Gnabry were our stand-outs, although everyone did well.

Started the day by heading into the Wetherspoon on Camden Lock for some lunch at about one yesterday and inside were about 30 Spurs "casuals". It was like a scene out of the Football Factory! Had to pull my hoodie up over my jersey just in case, but 5 coppers landed in and they dispersed straight away. Ended it in an absolutely rocking Twelve Pins in Finsbury Park. Loved every minute.

Oh yeah, and in case ye didn't hear, Tim Sherwood's a Gooner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 13 (8)
    Giroud 11 (8)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 4 (2)
    Podolski 3 (3)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Cazorla 2 (1)
    Rosicky 1 (0)

Flamini 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Delighted Boards is back. 'been itching to post that all day! :pac:

So we have scored 55 goals in all competitions so far.
    That seems like an average amount.
    I wonder how many we had scored in previous years at this time approx half-way through the season.
    I think we should be scoring more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I wonder how many we had scored in previous years at this time approx half-way through the season.

55 in 31 is almost 2 a game. I'd like more, but it's not that bad.

Its the amount of goals conceded that i am enjoying the most. Such a welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If Walcott is out for a month

Surely we will get someone in

If Walcott is out for a month

Surely we will get someone in

Don't think so.
    Wenger said yesterday that it would be very difficult to find better than we already have or words to that effect. I'm reading between the lines obviously.

• Advertisement

I really hope that Tottenham Hotspurs do something about their fans' behaviour on Saturday.

Every club has their idiotic fans and they deserve to be punished.

Let's remember that when Spurs fans spat on Sagna as he lay on the ground with a broken leg, the club (Tottenham) promised an investigation and nothing happened.

So it would be a disgrace if they don't ban the fans who threw coins on Saturday. They didn't only endanger their target, but also the stewards, the ambulance crew and each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Can Arsenal not look at the CCTV to see which fans threw coins?

Lifetime bans will sort out the problem pretty sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think we are sacrificing a degree of attacking flair for defensive stability. Take out the awful aberration at the Ethiad and we have only conceded 12 goals in 19 league games. Even including the City game we still have the best defence in the league.

It's about balance between attacking and defending, and I think the balance is pretty spot on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looking back at yesterdays game. Does anybody think we looked more menacing going forward with Walcott up front?? Every attack we looked like we could score, maybe that was down to how bad Spurs were but I just seemed to think we looked better in attack with Theo up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think that had to do with the way Spurs set themselves up. Its good to have him as an option, well when he gets back from injury. I suspect we will be signing someone despite Le Bosses noises to the contrary.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Looking back at yesterdays game. Does anybody think we looked more menacing going forward with Walcott up front?? Every attack we looked like we could score, maybe that was down to how bad Spurs were but I just seemed to think we looked better in attack with Theo up top.

Our attack looked more explosive than usual but we won't be playing a pair of slugs at the back all season.

We would also lack greatly in defending corners if Walcott started ahead of Giroud.
    Giroud probably has more clearances from corners than any other Arsenal player and without him there, some big man will be marked by Arteta or Ramsey; and it could lead to conceding more spontaneous goals from corners.

Just my little theory but I definitely think it is true, but maybe not to the extent that I hype it up to be.

Dont get me wrong I love Giroud but I just thought we looked very good going forward, were much quicker from defense to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Dont get me wrong I love Giroud but I just thought we looked very good going forward, were much quicker from defense to attack.

Depends on the defence - Spurs high line played right into Walcott and Gnabry's hands.

Walcott and Bendtner out for a month. That's being awfully reliant on capital G...

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Depends on the defence - Spurs high line played right into Walcott and Gnabry's hands.

Aye. The contrast with the Cardiff game was unreal. Cardiff played with 11 behind the ball. Spurs left plenty of space for us to exploit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

They were ****. Don't place too much importance on how we did against the slowest defenders we're likely to meet, and a midfield which was vastly outmatched by ours, even more so than most opposition usually are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dawson is a donkey of a player, typical British center back. Outstandingly average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

That's Theo out for Liverpool bayern and probably United.

Ughh.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Walcott and Bendtner out for a month. That's being awfully reliant on capital G...

Ah now. Gnabry's still only young...

...:pac:

Calling back Campbell any use?

Calling back Campbell any use?

Are we??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That's Theo out for Liverpool bayern and probably United.

Ughh.

Bayern isn't until February 19th so fingers crossed he's ok by then. Liverpool on the 8th may be too early for him though.

Are we??

Don't have a clue, doubt it. I just cant see Arsene buying a player for the sake of one month (while we are waiting on Theo/Niki B to come back) so I was trying to think up of a cheap solution.

Don't have a clue, doubt it. I just cant see Arsene buying a player for the sake of one month (while we are waiting on Theo/Niki B to come back) so I was trying to think up of a cheap solution.

Oh right I thought you meant we were calling him back. Id be pretty happy with that instead of panic buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Especially as contract negotiations will take a month and the player will end up signing at the same time as Walcott/Bendtner resume full training. We also have Oxlade Chamberlain resuming training this week. He'll probably be on the bench for the Villa game.

Anyway let's see the official results of the scan tomorrow for the full extent of Walcott's injury.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement