Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Very good question. I don't think it necessarily means a dive into the market either.

How does it not? We were short up top a week ago, now we've lost Theo for the season and Bendtner for at least a month. No investment this month, no title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I still don't think Wenger will buy this month.
    Who would he get on a par even if he was willing to buy?

I hope you are wrong, I really wanna avoid saying "we would have won the league if we signed in January"

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A Draxler or a Costa is essential now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

For the next 6 weeks, Arsenal have Giroud and Podolski who can play up front, who have already done so for Arsenal. Maybe Sanogo if he comes back from his mysterious back problem.

I think there is more of a need for Arsenal to bring in a striker than ever. We thought we needed one in the Summer. Well, now it looks more urgent.

Pedro or Di Maria are realistic options especially the second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

AdamD wrote: »
    How does it not? We were short up top a week ago, now we've lost Theo for the season and Bendtner for at least a month. No investment this month, no title.

Just an opinion and I hope I am wrong but Giroud and Podolski are now fit. Bendtner is back the start of February. Sanogo is fit again (I know I know).

The issue for us now is we are robbed of our most unique threat and most damning of all - pace. We are not going to get a direct replacement for Theo. Chamberlain and Gnabry will be fulfilling this role I would imagine.

So personally I am not optimistic but would love to be proved wrong.

Raf32 wrote: »

Would like to see Pedro at Arsenal actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

6 months is a disaster for the club and for him. He his recovery goes ok. We really need to buy but I cant see him happening. Players wont move in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

We just have to remember that during our run of wins at the start of the season we had no Walcott, Chamberlain, Podolski or Cazorla. No wingers to chose from at all.
    Awful shame but we just have to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

dvemail wrote: »
    We just have to remember that during our run of wins at the start of the season we had no Walcott, Chamberlain, Podolski or Cazorla. No wingers to chose from at all.

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The Walcott news is awful and could be a serious dent in any title aspirations we might have. For a player who relies on pace and agility Its gonna be very hard for him to fully recover from this injury.

We definitely need to sign a a pacy forward now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cometh the hour cometh the man --- Serge Gnabry.

Make a name for yourself son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Who was the fecker that gave him the injury?

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Who was the fecker that gave him the injury?

I'm pretty sure that there was none or minimal contact.

When the studs are rooted into the ground, these things can happen.

This is very true. We've had an injury crisis all season so far

It does get tougher from here on in though and we had Walcott for the first 4/5 games up until the Stoke game too. It's a huge short term blow to us I just hope it's not a long term one too. Given the nature of his game I really hope it doesn't ruin him long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jackson martinez, cheeky bid. Do it Wenger

jonny666 wrote: »
    This is very true. We've had an injury crisis all season so far

Relative to other clubs and ourselves in previous seasons, I'd have to disagree.

Giroud up top all season and the back 4 relatively untouched. Injuries have come to midfielders at different times but nothing that forced us to recall Nico Yennaris or Coquelin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Replacing Walcott on the wing isn't the problem.. Its replacing the 20+ goals he gets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Cometh the hour cometh the man --- Serge Gnabry.

Make a name for yourself son.

Hes gonna get his chance now that's for sure. Lets hope he can maintain his performances from Saturday.

Pedro would be a perfect replacement. Cant see It happening. Not in January anyway.

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Relative to other clubs and ourselves in previous seasons, I'd have to disagree.

Giroud up top all season and the back 4 relatively untouched. Injuries have come to midfielders at different times but nothing that forced us to recall Nico Yennaris or Coquelin.

Maybe but if you look at it another way, Cazorla, one of our best if not the best player of last season was out until the start of december. Podolski has been injured up until christmas too. Thats two of our best players from last year. The squad is just a bit better and we can cope.

We have gotten lucky with Giroud but we've gotten unlucky with Bendtner. And wally is just a nightmare. He hasnt had much of a season at all this year

I don't fancy us to buy anyone now unfortunately.
    Why would Arsenal make this announcement about Theo now. Surely it now means that any player Arsenal try to buy this month will cost even more as every team knows we a short in the striker department.

Hope i am wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This is a disaster for both the player and the club :(

Hope his recovery goes better than mine!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A Draxler or a Costa is essential now imo
    Costa far more than Draxler right now; we need goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Absolutely gutted :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Absolutely shocked here and gutted Theo will miss the World Cup. I think that there will be a definite attempt to sign a new forward now.

All i wanted to do...

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Would Balotelli be worth a gamble. ?Apparently he said that he wants a return to England. Has he calmed down at all recently?

A loan deal till the end of the season might work for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Muller? Reasonably quick and could still frustrate us as much as Theo by drifting in and out of games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

greendom wrote: »
    Would Balotelli be worth a gamble. ?Apparently he said that he wants a return to England. Has he calmed down at all recently?

A loan deal till the end of the season might work for everyone

If you want your season to implode he would be a shoe in, surely you can do better than him!

Di Maria just got booed off there for Madrid, cheeky bid to reunite him with ozil?

nuxxx wrote: »
    If you want your season to implode he would be a shoe in, surely you can do better than him!

Yeah that's the gamble - couldn't do that much harm in 5 months though, could he ? He'd be a fantastic option on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Goning to bed for a nap. Hope this is just a bad nightmare

Fcuk blue monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

farna_boy wrote: »
    Muller? Reasonably quick and could still frustrate us as much as Theo by drifting in and out of games...

Why would Muller leave Bayern for Arsenal? He's still an important player for them. Not easy to get players like that who are already at successful clubs to leave. Especially in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Can't see us making the necessary signings to cope with our injuries and push on to compete for trophies this season...depressed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

greendom wrote: »
    Yeah that's the gamble - couldn't do that much harm in 5 months though, could he ? He'd be a fantastic option on the pitch.

Yeah he's almost exactly the sort of player I think we could do with 'footballistically' but you just can't trust him to keep his head together for a consistent period.

Feels like 2008 again

BdUis-tIMAAF5vW.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Wenger has to splash the cash now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Potential transfers off the top of my head.

Draxler: Won't leave until the summer (his words)

Balotelli: I doubt Milan would sell in january.

Costa: No chance.

Di Maria: I could see that happening.

Carlos Vela: I doubt he'd want to return.

Pedro: He's Barca's top scorer so i doubt it.

Overall I think we're a bit screwed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Your BFG

Classic Mert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Why would Muller leave Bayern for Arsenal? He's still an important player for them. Not easy to get players like that who are already at successful clubs to leave. Especially in January.

Don't really think he would, but it would be a like for like replacement except Muller would bring a whole lot more to the table than Walcott.

Still don't think we will sign anyone. Poldi will probably play more often now though and if himself and Giroud can rekindle the form they had together last year, there is a chance we may not miss Walcott all that much.

I would also like the two of them to play upfront together, but that is probably as likely as signing Muller.

Anyway looking to the youth side of things, Daniel Crowley is tearing it up in the FA Youth Cup game for us this evening. Were 3-0 up and he has the three assists. Outshining Zelalem who is also playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Anyway looking to the youth side of things, Daniel Crowley is tearing it up in the FA Youth Cup game for us this evening. Were 3-0 up and he has the three assists. Outshining Zelalem who is also playing.

Been trying to find a stream for this for the last while, any link!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Overall I think we're a bit screwed :(

We're top of the English league.

We've one of the best squads in the world.

We've a shed load of cash to spend.

Whoever we sign will pretty much go into the first team.

If we want to, we could nearly anyone's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Big test now not just for the team but for Wenger.
    If he was doing his business right he'd buy a winger and a CF but will he?

Don't think he will myself.
    He doesn't seem to react to specific situations and he doesn't seem to think that the players needed to win the league for us are there just now.

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Been trying to find a stream for this for the last while, any link!?

Just following twitter, sorry.
    4 assists for the lad now, with an Akpom hat-rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Jordan Rhodes would be a good signing, and it would be very possible to get him this month, Son Heung-Min would have been a great signing last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Just following twitter, sorry.
    4 assists for the lad now, with an Akpom hat-rick.

Same here, that AlexBatt guy is at the game I think. Reckons he might be able to handle a game v Coventry!

Crowley got a goal as well.

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Same here, that AlexBatt guy is at the game I think. Reckons he might be able to handle a game v Coventry!

Crowley got a goal as well.

A cracker as well apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement