Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Crowley goal again, looks like a young cesc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just heard about Theo **** me :( we've done without him practilly all season though...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Raf32 wrote: »
    Crowley goal again, looks like a young cesc

I'd say he will be brought along for next seasons pre-season tour of Asia.
    He looks a good prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Jordan Rhodes would be a good signing, and it would be very possible to get him this month, Son Heung-Min would have been a great signing last summer.

Hes no Ricky Lambert though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Whats the score in that Youth Cup game now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gutted for Theo huge loss especially with the form he has been showing.

But not as much a disaster as some are portraying think we will still be okay and still challenge but it just got harder loosing an asset like Theo.

Still think we need to sign a CF.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Whats the score in that Youth Cup game now?

Finished 6-1. Akpom got a hatrick, Maitland-Niles got one and Crowley got two while he assisted the other 4.

Gutted for Theo huge loss especially with the form he has been showing.

But not as much a disaster as some are portraying think we will still be okay and still challenge but it just got harder loosing an asset like Theo.

Still think we need to sign a CF.

I agree. He always seems to get struck down in his prime.
    We were top without him so his injury isn't the season killer some are making it out to be (football media in mountains of molehills shocker). That, said, an extra striker would be nice. (I'm a fan of Wilfred Boné)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Draxlar is the man

DenMan wrote: »

Have to say neither side has come out of the last few days well.
    Some Arsenal fans posting anti semitic tweets for some reason only known to themselves.
    Such a shame that a small minority of fans on both sides make everybody who supports that team look like half bred neanderthals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The North London Derby has been full of goals recently but I think this may be the extra spark it has needed, like the United vs Arsenal of old.

Looking forward to the next one more than I ever have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

dvemail wrote: »
    Some Arsenal fans posting anti semitic tweets for some reason only known to themselves.
    Such a shame that a small minority of fans on both sides make everybody who supports that team look like half bred neanderthals.

Trying to make out that both sides are equally guilty here is a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's very true but as an Arsenal I'm always happy for a Tottenham player who plays well and always cheer them on when they get selected and play for their country!

Trying to make out that both sides are equally guilty here is a bit of a stretch.

Not saying were equal just that we have plenty of plonkers that support us also.

Honestly think that the Sp*rs away fans at the Emirates were scum. Roaring abuse at Walcott shouting for him to die and throwing coins at him and the medical staff. All when he was on the floor with a serious injury.
    If i remember correctly when Capoue when down injured at the Emirates earlier in the season, the stadium gave a nice round of applause as he was stretchered off the pitch.
    Doubt we would have seen that at WHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Not saying were equal just that we have plenty of plonkers that support us also.

Honestly think that the Sp*rs away fans at the Emirates were scum. Roaring abuse at Walcott shouting for him to die and throwing coins at him and the medical staff. All when he was on the floor with a serious injury.
    If i remember correctly when Capoue when down injured at the Emirates earlier in the season, the stadium gave a nice round of applause as he was stretchered off the pitch.
    Doubt we would have seen that at WHL.

Were there coins thrown at him while he was down injured and before he made the gesture????

Were there coins thrown at him while he was down injured and before he made the gesture????

Seems like there was alright. Can see one from the photo.

BdPjbTLCYAEKqv4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Seems like there was alright. Can see one from the photo.

BdPjbTLCYAEKqv4.png

Ah FFS what a shower of scumbags. I just presumed it was after the gesture but I googled some more images there and there is a collection of the coins in a medics hand and I guess they must have been retrieved from the area around him.

Ah FFS what a shower of scumbags. I just presumed it was after the gesture but I googled some more images there and there is a collection of the coins in a medics hand and I guess they must have been retrieved from the area around him.

Pretty shameful alright.
    It was also reported that a fan spat on Sagna at WHL when he was on the floor with a broken leg a few years back. Nothing was ever done about it as far as i know.

Just had a look in the Spurs forum. Some shameful comments
    Hehe, no World Cup for Walcott, smug wanker, karma's a bitch eh?
    I'm not one for such enjoyment, but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow.

Staying classy as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Rvp? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

walcotts actually a very nice fella, a good pro, lives right. a decent fan would be disappointed that a good lad like him is missing out on a chance to go to brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They are just venting their frustrations on Theo for their own sh*t cluster**** of a season.

Its sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

shano_88 wrote: »

Sad little men make comments like that. I remember when Capoue got injured, he was wished well by us on this thread. The difference in class is evident whether it's on here or at the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Just want to say that these comments are totally out of order and as has been said there are idiot fans that follow every club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't mind that little club lads we have bigger fish to fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just want to say that these comments are totally out of order and as has been said there are idiot fans that follow every club.

Exactly what I'd expect from you, THFC and others. He just isn't s a football supporter regardless of what club he supports, embarrassing himself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I see the posts and non offending responses have all been deleted, as if it never happened ! :)

All is good again in the world

Some good news at least. Ox is back in full training. Should be available soon.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 5m
    Not much good news today for Arsenal but Vermaelen knee scan positive, Arteta OK for Villa game and Ox returned to full training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I will be very surprised if we do not dip into the market now.

Tbh if we don't we are making life very hard for ourselves. Even paying over the odds for someone half decent I would be content with just so we can help out Giroud up there in that lonesome high tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i really am gutted for wally. i busted my cruciate myself, a very frustrating injury, a long recovery ahead. was dying to see the relationship between him and Ozil develop. :(

Let them make their gestures. If someone getting injured is the most enjoyment they got out of the NLD then it shows how much we spanked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, where is the Spurs forum?

I had a little look for it but it's like trying to find ****ing Narnia.

I'm going to assume it is private though.

Look under Hosted.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Look under Hosted.

Yeah, ha. Found it myself and deleted my post but you managed to get in quick enough. Thanks.

Some good news at least. Ox is back in full training. Should be available soon.

Can't wait to see the Ox return. I presume he will get his first real game against Coventry.

I wonder if the Coventry fans remember Giroud accidentally running towards them and celebrating at the Emirates last season when he scored his first goal for the club!

Listen to the "Boos" after he celebrates. Felt sorry for him, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Would just like to say that every club has idiots that follow them, Spurs, and Arsenal for that matter, are no exception. Gutted for Walcott, obviously happy he can't play for Arsenal but I always liked him as a player. Shame he'll miss the world cup, would liked to have seen him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    Would just like to say that every club has idiots that follow them, Spurs, and Arsenal for that matter, are no exception. Gutted for Walcott, obviously happy he can't play for Arsenal but I always liked him as a player. Shame he'll miss the world cup, would liked to have seen him there.

+1 As annoyed as I was on sat at Walcott he was only having the craic after all and I wish him well in his recovery. Hopefully he makes it back a lot sooner than predicted and gets to go to Brazil along with Lennon and Townsend too hopefully:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I saw the news I was shocked, it should go beyond rivalries and everyone should wish Theo the best in his recovery, at the end of the day, his passion is to play football and to be denied that for six months with an injrury that will rule him out of a crucial season for Arsenal and a world cup to boot must be pretty heartbreaking for him. All the best Theo, hope you get back to your best soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

As a Liverpool fan I feel sorry for Walcott. Seems a good lad and has been unreal since coming back. On all the Spurs fans' comments and tweets, I'd forget about it and not rise to it. They're gas men holding up 6 fingers, sure that could be for the trimming they got off City ;) The only time I enjoy seeing Spurs winning is against ManU and Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It wasn't just a dream so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The first thing we should do is bid 50 million for Rooney.

No way would we get him but it'd be comical to see the reaction.

All in all I don't think we'll get a winger. We need Walcott's 15 goals more than we need his wide play. Let the CF search begin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

gosplan wrote: »
    The first thing we should do is bid 50 million for Rooney.

No way would we get him but it'd be comical to see the reaction.

All in all I don't think we'll get a winger. We need Walcott's 15 goals more than we need his wide play. Let the CF search begin!!
    I doubt Wenger would blow 50 million on Rooney (+ exorbitant wages), considering he's 28, even if it were guaranteed we'd get him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

United would probably accept that.

Better off spending that kind of money on someone younger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

We need Walcott's goals but Wenger won't change the formation by buying a CF to get them. We will be looking for Walcott's goals from Gnabry, Ox and Santi I would say.

It's hard to see Wenger going for a big name striker now tbh, for fear it might unsettle the team. The more I think of it the loan move for Morata or a bid for Berbatov or maybe Mitroglou seem much more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Maybe this will inspire the players to "do it for Theo" like for Pires in 2002 :)

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    We need Walcott's goals but Wenger won't change the formation by buying a CF to get them. We will be looking for Walcott's goals from Gnabry, Ox and Santi I would say.
    We'll fall short if he does that; the burden will fall more on Podolski than those three too I'd say.

The best way to replace Walcott's goals would be to sign a prolific striker like Costa because Giroud doesn't do enough to be first choice at a title challenging club. If the player has a release clause that should be doable. If there's no clause, the club has a decision to make. We do have the financial resources to force the issue and sign a top striker, but we’re still yet to display a willingness to do so, rather opting for a nicey-nice approach in transfer negotiations and looking for opportunistic signings which don’t come around all that often. Usually you have to ‘overpay’ a bit for the players at the top end of the talent pyramid and if the club wants to win things they’re going to have to do that sooner or later.

ronjo wrote: »
    Maybe this will inspire the players to "do it for Theo" like for Pires in 2002 :)
    Unless something changes I'd say it'll be more like "do it for Theo" like for Ramsey in 2008. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Unless something changes I'd say it'll be more like "do it for Theo" like for Ramsey in 2008. Unfortunately.

You mean Eduardo?

You mean Eduardo?
    Ah, I was thinking of 2010. But Eduardo in 2008 would be another one I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope people aren't expecting much from the ox it will prob take him another 6 months to be anyway right

Let him get his minutes and find his form without us putting pressure on him or wanting to sell him everytime he plays poorly

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement