Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    heres a question lads, how do you think Januzaj would get on if he was an Arsenal player? would he be getting much game time?

i personally dont think he'd get a look in this season anyway

Don't think there's much in it between him and Gnabry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't think there's much in it between him and Gnabry.

Gnabry is far stronger and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gnabry is far stronger and better.

Serge is physically more advanced, stronger and faster, but januzai is getting valuable game time, and might be technically better.

either way hopefully they both end up as special players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Serge is physically more advanced, stronger and faster, but januzai is getting valuable game time, and might be technically better.

either way hopefully they both end up as special players.

Hard to judge anyways isn't it. Gnarby hasn't had a stint really and Januzai is in a different system. Can't wait for both to develop and see where they end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

i think gnabry is all round a better player on potential, but id like to see him after a run of 15 games to fully judge him. hard to judge januzaj in that man united squad which is pretty poor this season so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I know this has been said before, but how did we lose to United :rolleyes:

They are a shadow of the team they were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anderson is better than Fabregas
    Cleverly is better than Wilshire.
    Januzaj is better than Ganbry.

The comparisons so far between United and Arsenal young players. We haven't lost one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Speaking of Wilshere, has anybody noticed how much of a hate figure he has become among many other football fans outside of Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ive noticed that too, never understood it though, seems like a likeable fellow, has a temper on-field but so do most good players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

dvemail wrote: »
    Speaking of Wilshere, has anybody noticed how much of a hate figure he has become among many other football fans outside of Arsenal?

He can look very sullen at times on the field. He also appears very easy to wind up and some players will exploit that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont hate him, I see a winner, that would be like hating Keane, Viera, Gattusso etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Off to the utd thread I go :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

astonaidan wrote: »
    I dont hate him, I see a winner, that would be like hating Keane, Viera, Gattusso etc.

youre my favourite non-gooner on this forum

He was the golden boy of England after his man of the match performance against Brazil at Wembley, then a few poor performances for his country later and isn't seen by many as a future star for their country. Suppose the smoking jargo didn't help his case much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mainly because he always looks as if he wants to be the hardman even though he's 5 foot nothing and delicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Mainly because he always looks as if he wants to be the hardman even though he's 5 foot nothing and delicate.

How does he always look like he wants to be a hard man?

He is just gone 22, has 80 caps and has been sent off twice in the EPL, hardly hardman statistics. Also he is 5ft 7' stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hard to pick one between Gnabry and Januzaj, both incredibly prospects. They are unusual in that for young wingers they seem to make the correct decision more often than not and actually possess good end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Been reading this thread a fair bit lately and am really surprised at how little Arteta is mentioned for me he's been immense this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

dinorebel wrote: »
    Been reading this thread a fair bit lately and am really surprised at how little Arteta is mentioned for me he's been immense this season.

Thought he struggled at the start tbh. But recently he's been playing very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

AdamD wrote: »
    Hard to pick one between Gnabry and Januzaj, both incredibly prospects. They are unusual in that for young wingers they seem to make the correct decision more often than not and actually possess good end product.

Nailed it. Though Januzaj does get into some fantastic positions to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Quick does anyone have the number of RVP's horse placenta guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Quick does anyone have the number of RVP's horse placenta guy?

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Schalke just signed Sidney Sam. Making way for Draxler to come to us hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Januzaj looks a better prospect than Gnabry imo, he has the potential to be world class. Januzaj looks a stand out player already in that United team, I think Gnabry will turn out to be a great player but Januzaj will be a superstar and I'd bet on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Johner wrote: »
    Januzaj looks a better prospect than Gnabry imo, he has the potential to be world class. Januzaj looks a stand out player already in that United team, I think Gnabry will turn out to be a great player but Januzaj will be a superstar and I'd bet on that!

Stand out player in that united midfield is not impressive.

Gnarby has as much chance as Januzaj to develop to the top, just needs games and growth to show this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Januzaj will be a superstar and I'd bet on that!

He may become a superstar but I have a feeling it will be with another team the way United are going at the moment.

So I assume the transfer window closes at the end of this month. I have a feeling we will sign two, a striker (Please let it be Diego Costa) and A.N. Other (either a winger/wide midfielder or a centre back). I'd prefer if we sign long term rather than short term "band-aid" players.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Stand out player in that united midfield is not impressive.

Gnarby has as much chance as Januzaj to develop to the top, just needs games and growth to show this.

Being a stand out player in any team at 18 is impressive and Januzaj still looks very lightweight as well. I just see more potential in Januzaj than Gnabry, thats not to say I don't think Gnabry won't be a good player, he has been very impressive when I've seen him but personally I like the look of Januzaj more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's no point arguing who's better between them. Gnabry hasn't got enough minutes to really make a fair comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Would either get in the Chelsea team? If they were Chelsea players I imagine a mid-table Prem team would be benefitting from their abilities.

greendom wrote: »
    Would either get in the Chelsea team? If they were Chelsea players I imagine a mid-table Prem team would be benefitting from their abilities.

They would be on loan at Vitesse for the next 3 years and then sold on. :o

greendom wrote: »

I reckon Janujaz looks a better player then Hazard and Oscar certainly or at least will be soon enough. Needless to say he is a long way off Mata's level but he has the makings of a top top player none the less.

Gnabry just needs game time to develop. He has unbelievable upper body strength akin to Chambo and not far off Rooney in that regard.

Will Wenger chance Chamberlain as a striker rather than investing? Unless its a loan type stop gap i cant see him buying and i definately cant see him spending big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

dinorebel wrote: »
    Prefer Flamini myself, think Arteta can be vunerable when isolated in possession on the pitch and also lack of pace means once passed he is unlikely to recover. Believe Flamini brings more leadership and organiation to the team as well. To be fair to Arteta, he is better on the ball but feel that Arsenal never really saw him in his prime after several injury problems at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I reckon Janujaz looks a better player then Hazard and Oscar

He's definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Am i on my own in not being all that impressed by Januzaj?? He looks a prospect, but nothing more just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Am i on my own in not being all that impressed by Januzaj?? He looks a prospect, but nothing more just yet.

With that Utd team it wouldn't take much to stand out in that's for sure! He's a very good prospect absolutely! Wonder will he declare for England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Seems very unlikely, he hasn't declared for Belgium because he is waiting for Kosovo to have their own team. If not Kosovo you would have to imagine it would be Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

He would be mad to declare for England there already hyping the crap out of him because he is the only bright light in a weak United team if he was to declare for England it would go into overdrive.

No country knows how to pile the pressure on like the English or like to build there own players up to god status only to tear them apart the next day.

Apart from maybe Neymar for Brazil in the coming World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

DenMan wrote: »
    With that Utd team it wouldn't take much to stand out in that's for sure! He's a very good prospect absolutely! Wonder will he declare for England!

I think its mainly the english media that are hoping he will declare for them, but id say the chances of him doing that are very low. Why ruin your international career before it has even begun !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The Januzaj hype is rediculous.

He's a good young player with a nice bit of unpredictability and an eye for the killer pass.

Comparing to someone like Hazard who ripped up the French league, had his pick of clubs and is now scoring loads in the premiership is pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

shano_88 wrote: »
    Schalke just signed Sidney Sam. Making way for Draxler to come to us hopefully!

Just a heads up... Schalke tied up Sidney Sam a while ago. But they obviously had to wait until January before they could announce the move.
    He's not leaving Bayer until the summer so it doesn't affect our Draxler deal.

So basically what i'm saying is... eh nevermind.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

gosplan wrote: »

He's a good young player with a nice bit of unpredictability and an eye for the killer pass.

Comparing to someone like Hazard who ripped up the French league, had his pick of clubs and is now scoring loads in the premiership is pointless.

Hazard has been very hit and miss for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hes been a lot more hit than miss...

swear some people have some insane standards they expect wingers to be hitting, Hazard is by far and away the best winger in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just a heads up... Schalke tied up Sidney Sam a while ago. But they obviously had to wait until January before they could announce the move.
    He's not leaving Bayer until the summer so it doesn't affect our Draxler deal.

So basically what i'm saying is... eh nevermind.:P

boooooooo!

Must be an indication that Draxler is moving on in the summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For someone who has been apparently hit and miss his goals and assist tally are pretty impressive. He is without doubt one of the best players in the league and still only 23 he will only get better.

Very quiet on the Arsenal transfer front I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As Walcott has been for us.

There's no way soneone would compare those two though.

maximoose wrote: »
    He's definitely not.

Hazard can be very hit and miss though. He was so quiet against us the night i didnt even realise he was playing. That said to be fair Jose played his usual defensive style which didnt suit him. Rooney aside, Janujaz although he is still young, is the stand out player in a very poor United team not that its difficult at the moment

gosplan wrote: »

But Gervinho was top scorer in the French league once and just because players have a number of suitors it doesnt make them great. Fact is most up and coming talent do. Hazard had caught the eye of the international media so much so that it his career was highly publicised. Im sure United probably battled with one or two to get Janujaz too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very quiet on the Arsenal transfer front I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

It's quiet everywhere. Don't think much will happen until the 2nd half of January. Maybe even the last week.

It's quiet everywhere. Don't think much will happen until the 2nd half of January. Maybe even the last week.

Wenger plays a really good game of poker in the transfer market.

He waits right until you have a situation where either interest has waned in the player and the club can no longer bump up the price, so then like the proverbial kestrel he swoops in.

Either that or its a situation like Bale/Ozil where Real have their eye on a top player and there might be the potential to offload another.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement