Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

AdamD wrote: »
    Hes been a lot more hit than miss...

swear some people have some insane standards they expect wingers to be hitting, Hazard is by far and away the best winger in the league.

I'm just basing this as every time I have qatced him bar Sunderland this season he hasn't impressed, seems to be finding a bit if consistends but he has hardly ripped up the league.

Quick does anyone have the number of RVP's horse placenta guy?

Considering he is a crock again perhaps its best not to go down that route ;)

gosplan wrote: »
    As Walcott has been for us.

There's no way soneone would compare those two though.

Why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just seen this underneath.. Every ****ing year :pac:

article-2535476-1B3C4BE5000005DC-931_634x391.jpg
    London calling: Arsene Wenger could revive his interest in former Chelsea forward Saloman Kalou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And every year, it doesn't materialise, and we rejoice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

And every year, it doesn't materialise, and we rejoice :pac:

We could do a lot worse than Kolou, if he could be got for less than £5m then I'd take him. He's not half as bad as he's been made out to be, good record in his career, and even though his goalscoring record for Chelsea looks poor a lot of those appearances were from the bench. I can't see it happening anyways though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

YayaBanana wrote: »
    We could do a lot worse than Kolou, if he could be got for less than £5m then I'd take him. He's not half as bad as he's been made out to be, good record in his career, and even though his goalscoring record for Chelsea looks poor a lot of those appearances were from the bench. I can't see it happening anyways though.

I'd rather Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd rather we held on till the summer and went all out to get Draxler and Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yeah this makes sense a decent loan signing now to ensure we're not short up front and build again in the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BUT if we sign nobody and miss out on the title by a point or two it will be said that we threw it away by failing to plug the gaps during the January window.
    Imagine finishing second on goal difference.

It's a no win situation for Wenger unless we win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Well Giroud is back in training along with Chamberlain. Good news.

dvemail wrote: »
    Well Giroud is back in training along with Chamberlain. Good news.

Talk that Ox will appear for the U21s tomorrow.

greendom wrote: »

Sub appearance maybe?
    Don't want to rush him back.

BUT if we sign nobody and miss out on the title by a point or two it will be said that we threw it away by failing to plug the gaps during the January window.
    Imagine finishing second on goal difference.

It's a no win situation for Wenger unless we win the league.

I know what you're saying but I'd be delighted if were that close to City/Chelsea at season's end

• Advertisement

Ox has his heart set on an England World Cup place.
    He will hit the ground running in an attempt to make the panel.
    Doing extra training and gym work at the moment.
    Just what Arsenal need - a hungry attacker returning.

I know what you're saying but I'd be delighted if were that close to City/Chelsea at season's end

I am fed up of 4th. I want a title.
    2nd, 3rd and 4th = same thing.
    Nobody remembers who came second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

But Gervinho was top scorer in the French league once and just because players have a number of suitors it doesnt make them great. Fact is most up and coming talent do. Hazard had caught the eye of the international media so much so that it his career was highly publicised. Im sure United probably battled with one or two to get Janujaz too.

If we could get Hazard for Walcott now, every Arsenal fan would bite your hand off.

Jan or Gerv would be useless.

The deference is really obvious.

gosplan wrote: »
    If we could get Hazard for Walcott now, every Arsenal fan would bite your hand off.

Jan or Gerv would be useless.

The deference is really obvious.

Now yeah! But before Monday I wouldn't.

Theo s pace us so important to how we play, and he would leave hazard for dust in that regard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I still think we are short at the back. I don't think it is urgent at the moment though and Sagna's versatility also helps.

But one mid-range injury to Koscielny or Mertesacker coupled with another defender ruled out for a game or so, and people will be crucifying Wenger for not buying a defender.

Just my two cents and fortunately we have been so far in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Apparently looking at the DUtch guy from Celtic. Need a central defender backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Today I heard Januzaj was better than Hazard and Oscar :mad:, Two players who are among the best in the league and one who I expect to push Messi/Ronaldo as the best in a few years to a player who has played a few good games mixed in with a few decent ones.
    Do people not read over stuff before they submit them anymore :mad:

astonaidan wrote: »
    Today I heard Januzaj was better than Hazard and Oscar :mad:, Two players who are among the best in the league and one who I expect to push Messi/Ronaldo as the best in a few years to a player who has played a few good games mixed in with a few decent ones.
    Do people not read over stuff before they submit them anymore :mad:
    Which one is going to push messi and Ronaldo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Oscard - some freak scientific experiment which joins all the best bits of both together.

Ox has his heart set on an England World Cup place.
    He will hit the ground running in an attempt to make the panel.
    Doing extra training and gym work at the moment.
    Just what Arsenal need - a hungry attacker returning.

What a chance he has too now Walcott is out. Love to see him bully himself into a starting place by the end of the season.

I would say Hazard is doing as well now if not better than what Ronaldo was doing at United aged 23.

Edit: Unless that was the year he went off and scored 40 goals. :o

HazDanz wrote: »
    Oscard - some freak scientific experiment which joins all the best bits of both together.

Not a chance, not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I would say Hazard is doing as well now if not better than what Ronaldo was doing at United aged 23.

Edit: Unless that was the year he went off and scored 40 goals. :o

It was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Interesting article with Mark Randall here, thought he was one that might have made the grade.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/07/mark-randall-arsenal-ascoli

It was :pac:

Hazard the journeyman. :p

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Interesting article with Mark Randall here, thought he was one that might have made the grade.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/07/mark-randall-arsenal-ascoli

Everytime I seen him he was terrible like really bad, no exaggeration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently some commentators on ES beINSport said that we have contacted Barca about a move for Pedro. Even if true, can't see them selling him with the form he's been in this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 3h
    Arsenal are trying, though, and have made plenty of inquiries. Focus is on short-term option as long-term targets not available mid-season
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Key point on Theo. Yes, it is one less back-up for Giroud but he is really a right winger and Gnabry, Ox, Rosicky, Ramsey can all play there
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Arsenal unlikely to sign striker until the summer...not all 'release clauses' are even active mid-season http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10559638/Arsenal-unlikely-to-sign-new-striker-in-January-transfer-window.html
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 12h
    Arsenal begin striker search but main long-term targets likely to wait until the summer http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10557312/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-steps-up-interest-in-Alvaro-Morata.html
    View summary

Getting more hopeful that there will at least be a stopgap..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

its going to be kalou isnt it.

So were in talks with Memphis Depay it seems. A 19 year old winger from PSV.

Report from times saying Bendtner back in 10 days.... Wenger going for the dark arts again to not seem desperate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

In three years time I full expect Hazard to be talked alongside them two as the best in the world, how do people not notice hes phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So were in talks with Memphis Depay it seems. A 19 year old winger from PSV.

He is brilliant already for his age.

astonaidan wrote: »
    In three years time I full expect Hazard to be talked alongside them two as the best in the world, how do people not notice hes phenomenal

Maybe they don't notice it because he's not phenomenal.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    He is brilliant already for his age.

Only seen YouTube clips so can't comment but he does look very handy.

Although we though we thought were getting a gem in Andre Santos after watching those compilation clips..... :pac:

So bender back in ten days.

Not expecting a striker at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Only seen YouTube clips so can't comment but he does look very handy.

Although we though we thought were getting a gem in Andre Santos after watching those compilation clips..... :pac:

I have seen a few games and has always impressed me a bit like the Ox though so would be a strange signing. Ya i thought Santos was a world beater from youtube running the pitch, always wondered why them videos never showed his actual defending, now i know :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    I have seen a few games and has always impressed me a bit like the Ox though so would be a strange signing. Ya i thought Santos was a world beater from youtube running the pitch, always wondered why them videos never showed his actual defending, now i know :pac:

Yeah looks similar enough build and game about him.
    He would be a strange one to go for though if we so make the widely reported summer move for Draxler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Apparently Bayern are going to be subsidising their fans for the match in the Emirates so they only pay €45 instead of €75. Says a lot really.

http://balls.ie/football/bayern-munich-help-pay-for-arsenal-tickets/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

farna_boy wrote: »
    Apparently Bayern are going to be subsidising their fans for the match in the Emirates so they only pay €45 instead of €75. Says a lot really.

http://balls.ie/football/bayern-munich-help-pay-for-arsenal-tickets/

Easy for the bankrolled tax evading club to act the big shot and try and make us look bad. I'd have charged them more. They can all well afford it.

• Advertisement

Wish we could just spend the money now and bring in a top class striker, no waiting or building for next season, we are top of the league and its our best chance for years, lets do it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wish we could just spend the money now and bring in a top class striker, no waiting or building for next season, we are top of the league and its our best chance for years, lets do it now!

Unfortunately it's not that easy to get the selling club, and player,to agree to jump ship mid season.

Unfortunately it's not that easy to get the selling club, and player,to agree to jump ship mid season.

Oh I know that, so lets table a 190 million bid for Suarez and be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/08/tt-real-madrid-announce-new-striker-the-break-arsenal-needs/?

It seems Real have signed a striker, which might pave the way for Morata's Loan deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/08/tt-real-madrid-announce-new-striker-the-break-arsenal-needs/?

It seems Real have signed a striker, which might pave the way for Morata's Loan deal...

Why would we sign Morota on a loan? Makes no sense to anybody except Real who would be delighted with us developing a player for them.

Young tall spanish CF? He'd get crucified in the premiership for his first season or so. He might come good in the end but he's a development player, not the person you want to come in and win us a title.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement