Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

gosplan wrote: »
    Why would we sign Morota on a loan? Makes no sense to anybody except Real who would be delighted with us developing a player for them.

Young tall spanish CF? He'd get crucified in the premiership for his first season or so. He might come good in the end but he's a development player, not the person you want to come in and win us a title.

I tend to agree with this.
    If we get someone on loan we want him to fit straight in to the first team squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Firstly, we've been linked to him for a while now. TBH I haven't watched him so don't know how good he is?
    secondly with our Injury crisis he may come in and do a job for us, a short term solution with no huge investment. As it has been discussed to death how hard it is to get a good striker in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Thought Jackson Martinez was heavily linked to Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

slingerz wrote: »
    Thought Jackson Martinez was heavily linked to Arsenal?

Problem is his release clause doesn't come into effect until Summer and if we want him now he would cost a bucket load extra.
    Same applies to Costa and Draxler as far as i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    I tend to agree with this.
    If we get someone on loan we want him to fit straight in to the first team squad.

And who is going to sell us their prize asset in Jan without charging well over the odds? The only chance would be someone like Berbatov who's contract is due to expire in the Summer

Seeing as Bendtner is back in over a week i would be surprised if we bought anybody now.
    If we do buy anybody it will be a loan deal or a youngster on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Not an Arsenal fan but live in that neck of the woods. Freind of mine who's a season ticket holder sent me this. Future looks bright for you lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7TDitJDPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25667583

hope Chuba gets some decent game time at Brentford. Would like to see him in the squad next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Easy for the bankrolled tax evading club to act the big shot and try and make us look bad. I'd have charged them more. They can all well afford it.

Make Arsenal look bad? I think it's just a case of absolute nonsense pricing for tickets by EPL clubs. I personally find this a great gesture to ensure that the real fans who are traveling with the team are not getting ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Why would we sign Morota on a loan? Makes no sense to anybody except Real who would be delighted with us developing a player for them.

Young tall spanish CF? He'd get crucified in the premiership for his first season or so. He might come good in the end but he's a development player, not the person you want to come in and win us a title.

Morata has shown on many occasions that he can step up when needed.
    He was the best player for Spain in the under 21's along with Isco and Thiago.

Chances are if we sign a big player it'll be Martinez from Porto. He's going to cost around €30M and will also be a big risk with him playing in Portugal.
    Par Costa there isn't any strikers around that would walk into the BPL and be guaranteed successes.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Recall Joel Campbell, if Bendtner is back in ten days we're not that bad off really. Oxo and Pod now fit too, Gnabry looking like the real deal, still have plenty of options. A world beater is not realistic at this stage especially with a world cup on the horizon.

A centre back is still something we need and much more doable right now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If wenger can't get value in the market now but thinks he can in the summer then he wont spend. I won't be holding my breath this window anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Recall Joel Campbell, if Bendtner is back in ten days we're not that bad off really. Oxo and Pod now fit too, Gnabry looking like the real deal, still have plenty of options. A world beater is not realistic at this stage especially with a world cup on the horizon.

A centre back is still something we need and much more doable right now imo.

There is not recall option in Joels contract.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What about Pato? I seem to recall he could be available for less than 20m? Probably a no-goer with the World Cup n the horizon aswell though I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

What about Pato? I seem to recall he could be available for less than 20m? Probably a no-goer with the World Cup n the horizon aswell though I suppose

Seen him linked, from the small bit I seen of him at Milan I wasn't impressed.

We're apparently in a battle with Liverpool to sign the Anderlecht centre back Cheikhou Kouyate.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-liverpool-arsenal-battle-39-065900530--sow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Massively injury prone and has been useless in Brazil. I'd rather pay the extra €10M for Jackson Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just on Bayern paying a decent % of the away fans tickets, what price range is there in the Emirates for a UCL game for the home fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Firstly, we've been linked to him for a while now. TBH I haven't watched him so don't know how good he is?
    secondly with our Injury crisis he may come in and do a job for us, a short term solution with no huge investment. As it has been discussed to death how hard it is to get a good striker in January.

I imagine we're only linked with him cause it's an easy story or Real want to loan him somewhere good.

He probably wouldn't be any better than Bendtner.

All anyone knows is that Real signed him at some point, he was a good youth player but can't make the team there.

Berbatov would be an infinitely better solution than a 6 month loan for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I imagine we're only linked with him cause it's an easy story or Real want to loan him somewhere good.

He probably wouldn't be any better than Bendtner.

All anyone knows is that Real signed him at some point, he was a good youth player but can't make the team there.

Berbatov would be an infinitely better solution than a 6 month loan for him.

Yep I'd agree with this to the extent that we either try and sign a long term first team player target and pay over the odds for them now or we sign someone like Berbatov who is an established Premiership player and is a good finisher.

However I do think that if the club are looking at any players who will feature in the WC we should make an effort to do the business now if there are no pre-contract agreements in place just in case they have a good WC and one of the moneybag clubs come in and hijack the deal at the 11th hour.

• Advertisement

I'd take Rooney now

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just on Bayern paying a decent % of the away fans tickets, what price range is there in the Emirates for a UCL game for the home fans?

Free on the season ticket as you get the first 7 FA and UCL home cup games which this will be the last.

For members, it will be on sale as a category A game so prices will be £25 for kids, £27 for OAPs and range from £65 to £125 for adults in the non-club level (prawn sandwich brigade). Mostly around £80-90 upwards for what is available.

Campbell doesn't have a work permit afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'd take Rooney now

:pac:

Maybe Arsene is getting calls from other strikers LOL

missed%2Bcalls.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pudders wrote: »
    Free on the season ticket as you get the first 7 FA and UCL home cup games which this will be the last.

For members, it will be on sale as a category A game so prices will be £25 for kids, £27 for OAPs and range from £65 to £125 for adults in the non-club level (prawn sandwich brigade). Mostly around £80-90 upwards for what is available.

F**k, thats expensive. :eek:

Handy for the ST's holders though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Campbell doesn't have a work permit afaik

he does, which makes the weird decision of him being in Greece even weirder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Just got this from my colleague.... No Comments

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he does, which makes the weird decision of him being in Greece even weirder

yeah thats weird, i wouldve kept him in the squad at least. maybe it was joel who wanted the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

kstand wrote: »
    Not an Arsenal fan but live in that neck of the woods. Freind of mine who's a season ticket holder sent me this. Future looks bright for you lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7TDitJDPQ

Jaysis I'd follow them around the country, future's bright indeed.

SO according to the boss

Ozil and Giroud fully fit.
    The Ox is available
    Ramsey and Gibbs might be available.
    Nicky B is still 3 weeks from resuming training which goes against the 10 days that I saw quoted.

Great news on Ramsey and Ox.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

ronjo wrote: »
    SO according to the boss

Ozil and Giroud fully fit.
    The Ox is available
    Ramsey and Gibbs might be available.
    Nicky B is still 3 weeks from resuming training which goes against the 10 days that I say quoted.

Great news on Ramsey and Ox.

Or another way of reading that is..........I'M NOT SPENDING!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if Chamberlain will be playing tonight for the U21s?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

dvemail wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Chamberlain will be playing tonight for the U21s?

It's reported that he will be playing for 45 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Jaysis I'd follow them around the country, future's bright indeed.

That number 10 is another Messi, similar build, link up playing, dribbling, shotting - the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

kstand wrote: »
    That number 10 is another Messi, similar build, link up playing, dribbling, shotting - the lot.

That would be Danny Crowley signed from Villa still only 15 afaik him and Zelalem are the really big hopes of the current youth set up.

Zelalem already having made a handful of first team appearances. Two of them would have featured in the Carling Cup imo if they had not of been injured or we not been knocked out early.

Here a little highlight reel of Zelalem were he really impressed in pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody listening to talksport now? Presenter (Goldstein??) basically slating Wenger and saying sign a striker and saying what a ridiculous decision to let Akpom go out on loan as he is a better player than Bendtner :eek::eek: What an absolute numpty head. Saying a young unproven striker in Chuba Akpom would do a better job than a international footballer who has scored goals at the highest level is absolute nonsense!!:rolleyes:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody listening to talksport now? Presenter (Goldstein??) basically slating Wenger and saying sign a striker and saying what a ridiculous decision to let Akpom go out on loan as he is a better player than Bendtner :eek::eek: What an absolute numpty head. Saying a young unproven striker in Chuba Akpom would do a better job than a international footballer who has scored goals at the highest level is absolute nonsense!!:rolleyes:

It was Adrian Durham. He is just on a wind up to generate calls and interest. pay no attention :-)

shano_88 wrote: »
    It's reported that he will be playing for 45 mins..

He's in the starting line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    It was Adrian Durham. He is just on a wind up to generate calls and interest. pay no attention :-)

He had me well wound up the clown :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He had me well wound up the clown :o

Good job for you that you don't work in my job. You'd be spinning all day.:D

Chamberlain played the first half for the U21s. Hopefully got through it ok and might be good enough for a spot on the bench Monday.

• Advertisement

Jese limped off playing for Real Madrid tonight - hopefully nothing serious as that could put paid to Morata joining us.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Lads any idea where to get the Nike hats the arsenal subs wear, Bendtner usually wears one.

Thanks for any help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Jese limped off playing for Real Madrid tonight - hopefully nothing serious as that could put paid to Morata joining us.

I really don't get it.

Is Morota big in football manager or something?

How is a guy who can't get into the Madrid team the answer we need to Walcott's missing 10 goals?

I've a feeling if he played for anyone else, no one would give a ****.

Should we not at least be aiming for someone with some experience playing regularly in a top flight?

I really don't get it.

Is Morota big in football manager or something?

How is a guy who can't get into the Madrid team the answer we need to Walcott's missing 10 goals?

I've a feeling if he played for anyone else, no one would give a ****.

Should we not at least be aiming for someone with some experience playing regularly in a top flight?

Walcott was absolutely on fire when he made it back to the first team. However the team were top of the table when we were without him for a 3rd of the season. In addition we were also without Podolski and the Ox for that period.

I can't see us getting anyone as good as Walcott in Jan and I think we're pretty well equipped to cope without someone of that quality. Someone like Morata who can come of the bench and cover for suspensions and injuries will be as good as it gets.

Walcott was absolutely on fire when he made it back to the first team. However the team were top of the table when we were without him for a 3rd of the season. In addition we were also without Podolski and the Ox for that period.

I can't see us getting anyone as good as Walcott in Jan and I think we're pretty well equipped to cope without someone of that quality. Someone like Morata who can come of the bench and cover for suspensions and injuries will be as good as it gets.

I have to say I don't know much about Morata and am still firmly in the get Berbatov camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

A move for Berba seems very low risk alright to me. Available for £2-3m, proven goalscorer and I think he has the silk to settle very quickly with our existing team. Suker mkII.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing €1-2m at Inter for Walter Samuel to add an extra body at CB. Getting on but tons of experience. We're only a couple of injuries away from a back four of Gibbs Vermaelen Sagna Jenkinson.

This would be great news. Rosicky has been brilliant this season.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/wenger-rosicky-will-stay-at-arsenal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
    Arsene Wenger has given the strongest indication yet that Arsenal have agreed a new contract with Tomas Rosicky.
    The Czech, who is out of contract this summer, is understood to have been in negotiations with the club about a one-year extension having impressed this season with a series of energetic performances.
    Speaking to media in his pre-Aston Villa press conference, the boss responded to questions about the 33-year-old’s future stating:
    “He will stay here. He’s a marvellous player – a typical Arsenal player.”
    Rosicky has admitted on numerous occasions that he’d love to stay on with the Gunners for whom he has made 202 appearances over seven (often injury-hit) years.
    The news is great both for the Little Mozart and for Arsenal’s younger players who stand to learn a great deal from his experience. Arseblog News looks forward to confirmation of the news in the near future.

shano_88 wrote: »

Great news. Now get a new contract for Sagna and I'll be absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just remembered there no Arsenal on till Monday.

Bollox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement