Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not particularly fussed about Rosicky signing but we really, really need to get Sagna to agree a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

2ndcoming wrote: »
    A move for Berba seems very low risk alright to me. Available for £2-3m, proven goalscorer and I think he has the silk to settle very quickly with our existing team. Suker mkII.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing €1-2m at Inter for Walter Samuel to add an extra body at CB. Getting on but tons of experience. We're only a couple of injuries away from a back four of Gibbs Vermaelen Sagna Jenkinson.

Agreed on Berbatov but Samuel would be Squillaci part II. He's played almost all his career in Serie A and would be demolished in the EPL imo.

Sagna's sticking point is wages I think; he's happy enough to sign a 2 year deal by all accounts. I say give him what he wants tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

apparently the Toronto manager says that the Defoe deal is not done as top four prem team is after him.

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Not particularly fussed about Rosicky signing but we really, really need to get Sagna to agree a new deal.

Agree re Sagna but I would also think Rosicky siging a new contract would be huge, he has been absolutely brilliant for us this season and his attitude and drive have been very impressive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

apparently the Toronto manager says that the Defoe deal is not done as top four prem team is after him.

Hmmmm.

I think Defoe would do a great job for us - ahead of our midfield he would get a lot of goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Maybe a few years ago but I think he's past it now, also It's probably Liverpool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Not particularly fussed about Rosicky signing

:eek::eek: One of our best players the past 2 seasons :eek: Delighted I am, seems Arsenal true and true, it can only be a good thing to have a player like him in the dressing room and helping out the younger lads.

On Morata, I dont understand why we would be interested in him unless its a permanent deal, just seems wrong to give him match experience when it isnt going to benefit us in the long run :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    :eek::eek: One of our best players the past 2 seasons :eek: Delighted I am, seems Arsenal true and true, it can only be a good thing to have a player like him in the dressing room and helping out the younger lads.

On Morata, I dont understand why we would be interested in him unless its a permanent deal, just seems wrong to give him match experience when it isnt going to benefit us in the long run :confused:

It would be very worthwhile if he banged in 15 goals :D

It would be very worthwhile if he banged in 15 goals :D

Maybe, but for a young lad it is crazy to think that he can achieve that, sure he would be only getting use to the Prem Lge and he would be back on the plane to Madrid. Would rather give one of our young lads a chance up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe, but for a young lad it is crazy to think that he can achieve that, sure he would be only getting use to the Prem Lge and he would be back on the plane to Madrid. Would rather give one of our young lads a chance up front.

I doubt that we will ever find out anyway. Can't see us getting anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd say if it does happen part of the loan deal would be an option to buy should it work out, there no way Arsenal or Wenger would agree to a loan deal without the option to buy already agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'd say if it does happen part of the loan deal would be an option to buy should it work out, there no way Arsenal or Wenger would agree to a loan deal without the option to buy already agreed.

I seen a loan fee of £1.5m mentioned a few days ago so you'd hope if there is a fee like that involved that there would be some kind of option to buy at the end of the deal.

I don't think its what we need, we definitely need someone with more experience.

I doubt that we will ever find out anyway. Can't see us getting anyone.

You just never know with Wenger, he pulled the Monreal deal out of nowhere last year. I am sure they have players lined up but the stumbling block may be players not wanting to leave with the World Cup coming up, although the latest name were linked to is Sebastian Giovinco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

cson wrote: »
    Agreed on Berbatov but Samuel would be Squillaci part II. He's played almost all his career in Serie A and would be demolished in the EPL imo.

Sagna's sticking point is wages I think; he's happy enough to sign a 2 year deal by all accounts. I say give him what he wants tbh.

Ah now, his CV is a bit stronger than Squillachi's in fairness!

For all the game time he'd probably be getting I would have him. You need 4 centre backs and getting a Champions League winner who was Serie A defender of the year a few years ago for peanuts can't be a bad move.

Delighted about Rosicky as well, he's showing this season and last that he's still a top player. For someone with his injury record he's got the legs of a 25 year old and long may it continue!

Dont know whether it was reported already here but Diaby suffered another set back and Wenger says he doesn't know whether he will play again this season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I hope Abou thanks Allah every morning he's not a horse. The shotgun would have been out a long time ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I hope Abou thanks Allah every morning he's not a horse. The shotgun would have been out a long time ago!

He probably curses Allah that he had to be on a football pitch at the same time as that p***k from Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

When is Diaby's contract up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

benfica are supposedly going to bid 7mil for morata now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

batistuta9 wrote: »

If Madrid are looking for 2 million for a 6 month loan i'd doubt 7 million will be enough to sign him.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    When is Diaby's contract up?

it says 2015 on transfermarkt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Madrid won't sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

i actually dont want morata, rather get the juve lad in.

Hearing we've bid for Griezmann from Real Sociedad.

dvemail wrote: »
    If Madrid are looking for 2 million for a 6 month loan i'd doubt 7 million will be enough to sign him.

i don't know
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Madrid won't sell him.

i don't know on this either :pac:, just posting what i read

his quotes the other day sound as if he'd leave though to get more playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Serious player, would fit in right away, maybe Wenger has plans to convert him to a proper striker.

That's a new name to be linked with - not a bad one either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Isnt he a left winger? Or can he play both sides?

Very good player alright, but they are saying Sociedad want €30m...

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Isnt he a left winger? Or can he play both sides?

Not sure. Think he is on the left, with Carlos Vela on the right, but I'm not 100% on this.

But what about draxler if that's the case!

I want them both, pure greed!

Great player and is destroying defenses in La liga.
    For some reason I thought he was Spanish. Did a double turn when I heard he wanted to go to the WC with France.

But I'd be shocked if we did try to sign him... He plays LW which would mean we wouldn't be going for Draxler :(

It's going into overdrive at the moment. Look a this tweet.

Bundesliga Spotlight ‏@BundesligaSpot 3m

BILD: One of their 'inside sources' has claimed after WC, Julian Draxler is gone for €45M to top European Club. #S04 #AFC #CFC #MUFC #MCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

12 goals in 16 games is very good for a winger, sounds promising. To be honest if the touted figures are correct for Draxler I'd rather we spent that kind of money on a more proven player, overpriced to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, €45m seems crazy. No doubt he has quality but that's a very expensive gamble.

• Advertisement

Cpz9I6h.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Will gnabry start Monday?

Great player and is destroying defenses in La liga.
    For some reason I thought he was Spanish. Did a double turn when I heard he wanted to go to the WC with France.

But I'd be shocked if we did try to sign him... He plays LW which would mean we wouldn't be going for Draxler :(

Yeah he had some falling out with the French FA and was given a lengthy ban. Due to expire soon I believe but I've no idea what it was for

AdamD wrote: »
    12 goals in 16 games is very good for a winger, sounds promising. To be honest if the touted figures are correct for Draxler I'd rather we spent that kind of money on a more proven player, overpriced to say the least.

You are definitely paying for potential.
    If he turns out anything like former Shalke player Ozil we will be doing well.

greendom wrote: »
    Yeah he had some falling out with the French FA and was given a lengthy ban. Due to expire soon I believe but I've no idea what it was for

Just reading about his ban there now.
    The Real Sociedad attacker and four other members of the junior side have been found to have been out at a nightclub in Paris on Saturday, the night after their side’s Under-21 play-off first-leg win over Norway.

Basically they went partying the night after they won there playoff match.
    Seems ridiculously harsh to give a 1 year ban for that.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Remember gervinhos record in france.

Draxler has been average this season, 45 million is a huge gamble.

Draxler has been average this season, 45 million is a huge gamble.

I wouldn't agree with that.
    But there's no doubt that Griezmann has been playing better.

I still think Draxler is the better player to sign though. :o

I wouldn't agree with that.
    But there's no doubt that Griezmann has been playing better.

I still think Draxler is the better player to sign though. :o

That he's been average or its a gamble?

That he's been average or its a gamble?

The "average" bit.
    But then again I'm hugely biased when it comes to Draxler. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Regarding Morata - it would make zero sense to me to pay 1.7 million for six month loan and ignore Berbatov for a bit more.

At least you have 18 months of a proven premiership player over a promising player who will most likely be returning to Spain.

was having a look geoffarseanals twitter there for any rumours (none) and seen he posted that the man u game (feb 12th) may be called off due to tube strikes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25684670

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

was having a look geoffarseanals twitter there for any rumours (none) and seen he posted that the man u game (feb 12th) may be called off due to tube strikes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25684670

Ya just get the feeling that when we do play United they will have Rooney and RVP back in full flow.

Ya just get the feeling that when we do play United they will have Rooney and RVP back in full flow.

Perhaps, all the better when we beat them

The only person we've been linked to more than Kalou?
    Gourcoff... In talks again if rumours are to be believed.

The only person we've been linked to more than Kalou?
    Gourcoff... In talks again if rumours are to be believed.

Not far off Diaby in terms of how injured he is. Perhaps Arsene is looking to get Abou a buddy - no seriously, it's not going to happen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement