Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not if the ref keeps making calls like that. What the actual ****.

Some of the reffing this season has been a fcuking disgrace. What a joke that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

HazDanz wrote: »
    Some of the reffing this season has been a fcuking disgrace. What a joke that was.

City certainly benefiting so far. The ref when we played them was a disgrace, Liverpool were also robbed against them. I know Swansea got a dodgy goal against them last week but the scales is certainly tipping in the favour in a big way so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

What happened, lads?

cathalio11 wrote: »
    What happened, lads?

Tiote hit a cracking shot from the edge of the box that found the top corner of the net. United had 3 lads in offside positions but none affected the ball or stood in Harts line of sight or anything. The linesman was happy they hadn't affected the play but it seems the ref reversed the decision and disallowed the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Newcastle should be winning this, funny old game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

For me the worst decision this year was when the ref bought Ramieres dive in injury time to keep Jose's home record intact.

gosplan wrote: »
    For me the worst decision this year was when the ref bought Ramieres dive in injury time to keep Jose's home record intact.

The offside call on Sterling against City was pretty terrible. He was about 3 or 4 yards onside

Wes Brown's red card was pretty poor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looks like a serious injury for na$ri. He's been having a very good season.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Looks like a serious injury for na$ri. He's been having a very good season.

Pity, has been back to his best this season.

• Advertisement

Ban arfa always looks good when he comes on, wonder if Wenger could give him the push he needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ban arfa always looks good when he comes on, wonder if Wenger could give him the push he needs.

Very greedy player.. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Very greedy player.. No thanks.

Absolutely. Talented but makes many poor decisions.

That's why I was saying could Wenger work his magic. The talent is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

City would have dropped points in that game at the beginning of the season, I fear they're going to pull away soon enough. Their home from is so good that Arse need them to be dropping points on the road fairly regularly, which they're not doing anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yikes hope Nasri isn't injured badly.

Not sure about Ben Arfa myself either, at times seems a very lazy player but he is definitely talented.

City would have dropped points in that game at the beginning of the season, I fear they're going to pull away soon enough. Their home from is so good that Arse need them to be dropping points on the road fairly regularly, which they're not doing anymore.

Well it's all about the panels of each team.

The top 5 teams typically win a lot of games around now because they can afford to rest players and they cope much better due to the depth in their squads.

I fancy City and Chelsea to drop points when the teams they play are more fresh. Though Arsenal will drop points too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like its a suspected medial ligament injury for Nasri! Not sure if he was back in the French team, if he was thats him now out of the WC as well. I wish him a quick recovery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's a different game if Tiote's goal stood. Newcastle were well up for it and were robbed a position to at least get a draw from the game.

They are getting stronger away from home absolutely city but they got a large slice of help from the officiating today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's funny that the review board can give Wilshere a two match ban for sticking his fingers up at the crowd, but Mbiwa won't get anything because it was dealt with by the official, despite the horrific kick he put in.

No player deserves an injury like that.

ibeAidfSNxsa60.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

they've to play tottenham, man u, arsenal, l'pool & everton all away yet though.
    they're games they could easily drop points in, the games they lost away weren't the ones you'd expect them to drop points in, so there's that.
    they could take maximum points at home though alright, or 18w 1d.

something arsenal need to improve on is points won at home (currently 5th best in the league, city, chelsea, l'pool, everton, afc, everton the only ones that played a game more) which they should be able to do and keep up the away form, currently the best (well joint with tottenham) though that'll be tougher with the fixtures

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Who'll start tomorrow?

FearDark wrote: »
    Who'll start tomorrow?

I reckon:

Chesney
    Sagna
    Mertesacker---Koscielny----Gibbs
    xxxxxxx
    ---yyyyyyyy
    zzzzzzz
    aaaaaaaa
    bbbbbbbbb
    Giroud

Delighted that I can't decide on our best line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm waiting for us to get some horrendously poor decision and be gifted 3 points like every team around us have

Fantastic video of Podolski's goals last season. Looking forward to seeing him get an extended run of games. If anyone can make up for Walcott's loss, goal-scoring wise, it is him.

• Advertisement

Whats the craic with Rambo? He won't be starting tomorrow, will he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Whats the craic with Rambo? He won't be starting tomorrow, will he?

More likely against Fulham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Couldn't predict what midfield will play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't see it happening BUT who would like to see this lad back at the club?

ww1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9111488/transfer-news-shakhtar-donetsks-eduardo-says-he-would-return-to-arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ww1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9111488/transfer-news-shakhtar-donetsks-eduardo-says-he-would-return-to-arsenal

I'd take him on loan.
    But I wouldn't re-sign him.. We've only just started getting rid of the dead weight.

• Advertisement

With the way we're playing and the position we are in the league I'm not surprised. I'm sure there are heaps of players who would like to play for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hope we sign draxlar

I hope we sign draxlar

Don't think we'll sign anyone.
    Wenger was saying the other day that the January window is an unnecessary distraction. That wouldn't give me much hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Why is everyone so upbeat about Draxler. He has 1 goal and 4 assists from 14 games in the Bundesliga this season. What we need is a striker/goal scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Don't think we'll sign anyone.
    Wenger was saying the other day that the January window is an unnecessary distraction. That wouldn't give me much hope.

He's always said that though, wouldn't read into it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Why is everyone so upbeat about Draxler. He has 1 goal and 4 assists from 14 games in the Bundesliga this season. What we need is a striker/goal scorer.

He is more for the next couple of seasons than now but wenger missed out on all the top youngsters he wanted (hazard, gotze) leave him splash the cash on this one he deserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ronan14 wrote: »

Even in the summer I struggle to think of a striker good enough who would be available.

Draxler is an amazing young talent, and although stacked in midfield we can always use another excellent player. Just look at City and Chelsea, if they can afford to have the likes of Mata on the bench as an impact sub then there's no reason why we shouldn't aim as high.

As for now I think we'll stay quiet or at most sign Berbatov or someone in that mould. A cheap stop-gap is as good as we can hope for this time round.

With the way results have gone this weekend, it feels like there is much more pressure on this game now than if it had been played on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully everyone will respond in the right way.

Even in the summer I struggle to think of a striker good enough who would be available.

Draxler is an amazing young talent, and although stacked in midfield we can always use another excellent player. Just look at City and Chelsea, if they can afford to have the likes of Mata on the bench as an impact sub then there's no reason why we shouldn't aim as high.

As for now I think we'll stay quiet or at most sign Berbatov or someone in that mould. A cheap stop-gap is as good as we can hope for this time round.

We are already in a similar position to Chelsea in terms of quality on the bench except for the fact that we always appear to have at least 2 midfielders out at any one time. Ramsey and Walcott are out at the moment and the midfield really doesn't pick itself.

Apparently according to this REnnes player twitter account https://twitter.com/ousdu27/status/422462256061095936

we have signed Paul George Ntep from Auxerre and loaned him directly to Rennes until the end of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Waaaaay too much Nasri sympathy on here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bdy7RlPCUAATnWK.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    Apparently according to this REnnes player twitter account https://twitter.com/ousdu27/status/422462256061095936

we have signed Paul George Ntep from Auxerre and loaned him directly to Rennes until the end of the season

the was a story about Ntep on 101greatgoals y'day, after he posted eurostar tickets on instagram. said the clubs hadn't agreed a fee but it probably would get sorted.
    I think they actually took it from of the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Good old Pardew.

Abusing other managers and calling them cu*nts when a decision goes against him.

You must shake his hand at the end though. To do otherwise would be a grave insult.

City or no City, glad Pardew's team lost.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gandalf wrote: »
    Looks like its a suspected medial ligament injury for Nasri! Not sure if he was back in the French team, if he was thats him now out of the WC as well. I wish him a quick recovery!
    I believe MCL injuries only take a month or two to heal. Unlike the ACL, the MCL can be repaired and can heal itself so recovery is much quicker.

I am very worried about tonight's game especially since all our challengers won over the weekend. As the Tayto advert says "there's always one". Hopefully we can be very positive and focused and get the job done.
    Can't understand the way the fixtures are falling as we rarely seem to have a Saturday 3 p.m.game of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

The team needs to shows its credentials tonight. City and Chelsea laid down a challenge with their wins at the weekend. We have to respond with a win. Anything less will be a psychological blow i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Has there been any reliable news on when Ramsey might be fit again?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have a feeling that despite the injuries that we have, and others looking at us to falter as a result, I think tonight will be our most comfortable win this season. 3 or 4 goal margin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would be nice to stick 4 or 5 past somebody. Haven't really been doing that this season, shows how good the defence has been. As usual would take a 1-0 win though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement