Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

And he got strechered off today in u21 match.

Hopefully not too bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

shano_88 wrote: »
    And he got strechered off today in u21 match.

Hopefully not too bad...

Definitly got Arsenal blood in him then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reports levy vetoed holtby move to schalke because it would stop draxler to arsenal.

Seems he doesn't want to get bitten again like the Ozil incident!

Always watching us always in our shadow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bendy boots birthday today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Reports levy vetoed holtby move to schalke because it would stop draxler to arsenal.

Find it hard to believe that true..... but Its hilarious all the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would find that hard to believe. Spurs clearly aren't competing with Arsenal this season, if he was willing to let Holtby go then I can't see how Draxler comes into it. Especially when Levy would be powerless to prevent the move happening in the summer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well poor old Spurs desperately want to beat us this season. I guess this is how they do it LOL!!!

gandalf wrote: »
    Well poor old Spurs desperately want to beat us this season. I guess this is how they do it LOL!!!

I wonder how else they could try

Maybe somehow stopping the sale of Bratwurst in London.... BFG, Pod and Gnabry wouldnt be too happy
    Invade South Korea..... Park would have to go and do his military service (big blow that one :D )

If all else fails, try and poison the lasagna

God I am useless at puns :) nothing to see here folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

With all the messing that seems to be going on at Southampton how would Arsenal fans feel about making an approach for one of their younger forwards - someone like Jay Rodriguez or Adam Llanana (sp). Personally I think Rodriguez would be a good squad addition - good build and he's scored some big goals for Southampton against some of the better teams over the last few years. Young enough too. Obviously nothing like an approach for Suarez/Higuain but would be a userful squad addition. Don't think we'll get a marquee forward signing this January but we do need additions to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think Shaw would be superb. Unfortunately I think he may have his heart set on Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

ronjo wrote: »
    Find it hard to believe that true..... but Its hilarious all the same :D

Well...remember this?

https://www.change.org/petitions/tottenham-hotspur-football-club-end-the-strategic-partnership-with-real-madrid-2

greendom wrote: »
    I think Shaw would be superb. Unfortunately I think he may have his heart set on Chelsea

Is he not a left back?

Maybe I am wrong in that but after attacking midfielder its probably our healthiest position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ward-Prowse looks quality too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

How about Gerard Deulofeu as a summer transfer. Looked really promising with Everton before his injury. Wenger could really make him into a star. Bear in mind his only 19!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Ronan14 wrote: »
    How about Gerard Deulofeu as a summer transfer. Looked really promising with Everton before his injury. Wenger could really make him into a star. Bear in mind his only 19!

I think that Barcelona think the same. He's on loan to get games with a view to having a future at the Nou Camp....once recovered.

Twitter buzzing with the news that we have bought Ntep. Nothing official though, is there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Twitter buzzing with the news that we have bought Ntep. Nothing official though, is there ?

don't think so , there's a story on arseblog about it that i think links to the french site it came from. €10mil is the fee reported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Advertisement

Arteta, Ramsey, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Monreal, Bendtner all out for Sat.

EDIT: Rosicky may be available, but with a mask.

Rambo and Arteta due back for this Sat. Got a source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Rambo and Arteta due back for this Sat. Got a source?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-on-theo-surgery-and-team-news

Szcz
    Sagna BFG Kos Gibbs
    Jack Flamini Ozil
    Gnabry Giroud Pod

Rosicky, Cazorla and Park on bench if needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

ronjo wrote: »
    Szcz
    Sagna BFG Kos Gibbs
    Jack Flamini Ozil
    Gnabry Giroud Pod

Rosicky, Cazorla and Park on bench if needed :)

Reckon so. Wouldn't be surprised if Ozil was right and Caz in middle with Gnabry on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think Wenger is just resting players to have them fit for what he considers the hard games. He seems to be resting lots of players. Ozil got his rest a few weeks ago too.
    If Monrael and Vermaillen are genuinely out for a few weeks then we are lacking cover and hopefully won't have anymore injuries at the back. Sagna, Jenkinson and Flamini can cover these positions but you want your best back 4 for the hard games against sides in the top seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wenger ya legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wenger ya legend!

Did I miss something or is that just a general good old pat on the back for the manager?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Good news, Monreal seems to be okay. Wenger also talked about not being close to signing anyone, hopes to announce something on Sagna's and Per's contracts soon, and wants to get rid of the January window.

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 14m
    TEAM NEWS: "Monreal and Rosicky will have a test in training today, we think that both of them will be alright" #AFCvFFC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Arsenal just announced their first January signing, and it's a Chinese guy called Huawei. Nice little mover, but he is known for being a bit of a thief, and ios also barred from playing in the united states. Bit of a cheap option to be honest.

See the Arsenal.com announcement here.

(Loads of IT and tech jokes, sorry, Huawei have a bit of a reputation. In all honesty, it's nice to see Arsenal get in on the current ridiculous trend of "Global Partnerships/Sponsors", more money to top up Arsene's bulging war-chest)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Arsenal just announced their first January signing, and it's a Chinese guy called Huawei. Nice little mover, but he is known for being a bit of a thief, and ios also barred from playing in the united states. Bit of a cheap option to be honest.

(Loads of IT and tech jokes, sorry, Huawei have a bit of a reputation. In all honesty, it's nice to see Arsenal get in on the current ridiculous trend of "Global Partnerships/Sponsors", more money to top up Arsene's bulging war-chest)

Very mobile.

UT69wID.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CatInABox wrote: »

Guaranteed a great reception when introduced to fans.

Very funny article (with a little hint of truth) from Barney Ronay

Santi Cazorla will keep the ball tenderly, tiptoeing around in possession like a love-struck Chihuahua in a Disney cartoon spectacular, a single crumpled rose clutched between his teeth.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/17/arsene-wenger-julian-draxler-arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Very funny article (with a little hint of truth) from Barney Ronay

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/17/arsene-wenger-julian-draxler-arsenal
    when he has a burst pipe Wenger doesn't call a plumber: he calls an attacking midfielder

Ha brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That article is wonderfu reading. Dealing with Wenger's penchant for buying midfielders, it considers Podolski's arrival into the team
    As for Lukas Podolski I have a theory there is some terrible misunderstanding in train here, that he hasn't actually mustered up the courage to "come out" as a striker at Arsenal, that he turned up at training and just sort of joined in with what everyone else was doing, like arriving in the office canteen on your first day at work and on a whim pretending to have a broad Mexican accent, and somehow finding yourself still doing it three years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

RVP and Rooney out of the United Chelsea game. The one time we want a result from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

AdamD wrote: »
    RVP and Rooney out of the United Chelsea game. The one time we want a result from them!

Dont worry, both of them will be back firing on all cylinders by the time they rock in to the Emirates. I also predict we'll be missing one of Kos/Mert by the time the game rolls up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Shaw is a left back. Just about the only position, bar CM that we don't need a player for.
    I'd argue that Gibbs/Monreal is the best left back pair at any club in England. No room for Shaw there i'm afraid and definitely not at €30m

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Shaw is a left back. Just about the only position, bar CM that we don't need a player for.
    I'd argue that Gibbs/Monreal is the best left back pair at any club in England. No room for Shaw there i'm afraid and definitely not at €30m

You don't think Arsene would want to convert him to an attacking midfielder ?

All this Draxler talk seems to be a smokescreen.
    Can't see us buying anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

All this Draxler talk seems to be a smokescreen.
    Can't see us buying anyone.

a smokescreen for what?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    a smokescreen for what?

To keep everyone positive and thinking the injured Walcott will be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

He had that same smug smile when he was asked after the Tottenham match in August if he had any signings lined up!

To keep everyone positive and thinking the injured Walcott will be replaced.

Are we seriously back to these conspiracies again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

shano_88 wrote: »
    He had that same smug smile when he was asked after the Tottenham match in August if he had any signings lined up!

Thought that do. But he probably just gets a great kick p***ing us all off as we try to read his intentions.

Are we seriously back to these conspiracies again?

What conspiracies?

We have been linked with every forward in Europe of late.
    He's just keeping everyone happy i'd say.
    I don't think we will buy anyone and you obviously do. Time will tell.

What conspiracies?

We have been linked with every forward in Europe of late.
    He's just keeping everyone happy i'd say.
    I don't think we will buy anyone and you obviously do. Time will tell.

Its not that I think we will, I just don't think we are being linked with forwards for that reason. The media can do it on their own, I don't think the club feed them information for sinister reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Its not that I think we will, I just don't think we are being linked with forwards for that reason. The media can do it on their own, I don't think the club feed them information for sinister reasons!

Ya I think same. I dont believe there is a need for a smoke screen as there is neither an expectancy or a demand that we sign someone like there was in August.

But Wenger never denies them and I think he likes the intrigue. He keeps everyone wondering and this in my opinion is the correct thing to do. That's why I described it as a smokescreen. People will think we're replacing Walcott but we're not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement