Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Putting them to bed now :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SANTI ON FIRE!!!!

(Just as I take him out of my fantasy football team :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Boom boom 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Good man Santi!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

greendom wrote: »
    Girioud was involved in the build up for that goal too. Hate the criticism he gets on this thread

Pity he cant create a goal of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Drop santi they said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I wish Wenger gave the first half bollockings at the start of matches

I wouldn't be any absolute cnut to the missus every fckin week for 45-60 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FearDark wrote: »

Monday ring a bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Told you all to relax :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Girioud was involved in the build up for that goal too. Hate the criticism he gets on this thread

Needs to do a lot more than that. He seriously lacks 'quality' as Wenger would say. Being involved in build up is bare minimum stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People here over exaggerate

In fairness his part in either wasn't anything special or the killer ball that crested the goal.

No one doubts he can hold it up, late it off he just doesn't get enough goals and top teams need a proven goalscorer

He does what he does well we just need something more I think

Giroud rolling around in agony again, every single game, he'll be up running around in a minute.

ronjo wrote: »
    Told you all to relax :)

When someone tells me to relax when I'm wound up that just makes me worse :)

nonsense - the important thing is that we are scorin.g and winning

• Advertisement

nonsense - the important thing is that we are scorin.g and winning

How many individual goals has he scored this season?

Here comes the Pod.

12. What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Nach our first choice left back now do we think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hate slating Giroud cause he does have some really good qualities but if we had someone of Rooney/Suarez/Agueros ability we would have a goal difference comparable to Citys

• Advertisement

12. What's your point?

It's more like two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Soups123 wrote: »
    He does what he does well we just need something more I think

He's a great all rounder but we do need something more.

Just not right now though.

Not every player is Suarez or Henry. He does his job, winning headers keeping central defenders busy, clever passes and layoffs, and scoring - vital part of the team

It's more like two.
    Oh, individual goals. Why do they matter? By that logic Ruud van Nistelrooy was a bit crap.

Brilliant strike from Poldi - so close

Koscielney is a brilliant defender. Just feckin brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Is Nach our first choice left back now do we think?

For me, yes.

Oh, individual goals. Why do they matter? By that logic Ruud van Nistelrooy was a bit crap.

For me he doesn't score enough thats all. He's like the GAA player playing in a soccer match.

Koscielney is a brilliant defender. Just feckin brilliant.

hes been immense today

For me he doesn't score enough thats all. He's like the GAA player playing in a soccer match.

Sure we'd like a Suarez or Costa, but that's not realistic at the moment. Giroud hasn't exactly hurt us yet either. Calling him a donkey is just completely wrong, Emile Heskey was a donkey.

Again though, why do individual goals matter? They count the same as tapins.

• Advertisement

Sure we'd like a Suarez or Costa, but that's not realistic at the moment. Giroud hasn't exactly hurt us yet either. Calling him a donkey is just completely wrong, Emile Heskey was a donkey.

Again though, why do individual goals matter? They count the same as tapins.
    He has cost us points this season.

AdamD wrote: »

I think his balance is hugely positive though both from an attacking and defensive perspective.

When? Either way he's gained a hell of a lot more than he's lost.

Poldi is so direct - great to watch

Poor from Giroud there

Ah ffs Giroud.

Ah ffs Giroud.

Oh the drama

I think his balance is hugely positive though both from an attacking and defensive perspective.
    When? Either way he's gained a hell of a lot more than he's lost.

Miss after miss after miss vs City (during his massive goal drought), misses vs Everton (nearly cost us badly with his fresh air, lucky that Ozil was behind him), had some misses vs Chelsea too.

Genuinely believe most decent strikers would get more chances playing for us than Giroud does, passes need to be inch perfect for him, hes that slow and he rarely takes good touches in his stride (though they are normally good in hold up play)
    and of course on balance he will have 'won' more points than hes lost, hes a striker.

I'm not saying hes completely useless but hes not up to the required standard for me, and I think he severely limits the players behind him.

Please explain.

I don't get how you can say that?

Edited to include:
    Ah ok, you explained above.

• Advertisement

Miss after miss after miss vs City (during his massive goal drought), misses vs Everton (nearly cost us badly with his fresh air, lucky that Ozil was behind him), had some misses vs Chelsea too.

Genuinely believe most decent strikers would get more chances playing for us than Giroud does, passes need to be inch perfect for him, hes that slow and he rarely takes good touches in his stride (though they are normally good in hold up play)
    and of course on balance he will have 'won' more points than hes lost, hes a striker.

I'm not saying hes completely useless but hes not up to the required standard for me, and I think he severely limits the players behind him.

He cost us points against City? No, we just lost that game deservedly. "Some misses vs Chelsea" doesn't cut it either, every striker in the world has some misses.

Kos was onto Bent so quickly there - stoppped a clear strike on goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I agree that Giroud isn't good enough for a title challenge but I'd rather him than throwing £30m+ away on Costa or Martinez who IMO would not be much of an improvement. If one of the properly world class strikers were on offer then we should pay whatever is necessary or maybe even Draxler as a CF but the kind of half measures above for a 26+ year old with no PL experience isn't worth it.

Il be really disappointed if we dont keep a clean sheet today. Do not want us to let in a late goal

OMG they nearly just did :eek:

He cost us points against City? No, we just lost that game deservedly. "Some misses vs Chelsea" doesn't cut it either, every striker in the world has some misses.

We deserved to lose, maybe, but with a clinical striker that game goes to 3-3. That's what the top strikers do, bail you out when you aren't playing well. Tbh I'd look into more detail but I'm really not arsed, its plain as day that his finishing is way below the expected standard.

I think you're really getting it wrong tbh. He's been outstanding and is exactly the kind if striker that the players behind him would like.

We need something different but he's a hugely important part of the team.

My only comment on him would be that he'll struggle to make an impact against great defenders.

• Advertisement

On we march :D

3 points but we were dire in that first half.
    Great to be still on top though.

16 games left. Still tops :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

How many lefties were are in the Arsenal squad? Is that the squad with the most lefties in the Europe/World? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

another 3 points in the bag, another clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Another win and clean sheet with BFG and Kos at back

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement