Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

meriwether wrote: »
    You could make the same argument about Emirates, our sponsors.

No no, you couldn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »
    Some nice stats from 7am kickoff on arseblog this morning.

Arsenal forcing the opposition to take 56% of shots from distance. A total of 143 shots from outside the penalty box but only 3 goals conceded from outside the box this year (anyone remember them?).

This contributes to the opposition's overall chance conversion rate of 7%.

Our overall rate is 14%.

mata in the C1 Cup
    dortmunds first at the emirates (mkhitarian ?)
    and i'll guess norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Didn't the Brazilian guy off city curl one around sycz from outside the box

greendom wrote: »
    Essentially it's the country that owns City - a country that outlaws and criminalises opposition, engages in torture as a legitimate act just for starters.
    meriwether wrote: »
    You could make the same argument about Emirates, our sponsors.
    Perhaps - there is a bit more distance as it's not the government but the airline that is the sponsor and they are a sponsor, not our owners.

the UAE is a bit different to what we're used to calling a country, it's made up of 7 emirates, each with their own royal/ruling families.
    abu dhabi usually provide the president & dubai the prime minister

city are owned by a member of abu dhabis' royal/ruling family
    arsenal are sponsored by an airline which is a subsidiary of a company owned by the royal/ruling family of dubai

the money arsenal get is neither cleaner or dirtier than citys, only difference is they get more because they're owned by one of the two money providers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Some nice stats from 7am kickoff on arseblog this morning.

Arsenal forcing the opposition to take 56% of shots from distance. A total of 143 shots from outside the penalty box but only 3 goals conceded from outside the box this year (anyone remember them?).

This contributes to the opposition's overall chance conversion rate of 7%.

Our overall rate is 14%.

Fernandinho, Mata and Geoff Cameron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Were building a pretty string squad now going forward, if we can keep adding a youth player like gnabry each year, we won't need a lot of signings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Still beyond embarrassed that we lost to this United team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

keano_afc wrote: »
    Still beyond embarrassed that we lost to this United team.

We lost one nil at old Trafford hardly embarrassing

We'll do them at the Emirates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

No fear United would do us a favour, they are utterly vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

My weekly trip to the utd thread will commence in a few mins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The United and Liverpool fans in those match threads are just embarrassing.

Your obsessed....no your obsessed. Give it a ****ing break ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

I was just watching a recording of last night's match of the day and when Wenger was asked about any possible signing this month and he had a really cheeky grin which gave me the impression that something is gonna happen in the next week. I hope I'm right because a bit of fresh impetus could really drive us on to the title and reinvigorate the whole team. COYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

My weekly trip to the utd thread will commence in a few mins :)

my goodness, the Utd thread has more than 3000 posts in 10 days.
    They must be really losing the plot. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    my goodness, the Utd thread has more than 3000 posts in 10 days.
    They must be really losing the plot. . .

Fairly sure we had something like that ourselves during the last week of the summer before we signed Ozil, there was a meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

FearDark wrote: »
    Fairly sure we had something like that ourselves during the last week of the summer before we signed Ozil, there was a meltdown.

Some people had a meltdown, a good few people were still pretty positive back then.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Some people had a meltdown, a good few people were still pretty positive back then.

I had a meltdown then :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gotta admit, in the wake of the opening day defeat against Villa I was pretty darn close to joining the 'Wenger out!' brigade. Then we signed Ozil and I became a happy bunny :)

FearDark wrote: »

partly true, although I prefer to call it anxiety.
    But seriously, I read the last few pages of their thread. Quite a few voices asking for Moyes' head.
    I mean. . .what did they expect? This Utd was an accident waiting to happen for quite some time now. The fact that Ferguson managed to make some of these players look good and have a career. . .it's just became obvious now.
    Have to say, I haven't watched Utd much this year (so I can't tell how much is Moyes' fault), but I'm not surprised at the fact that they can cope on as a team atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

shano_88 wrote: »
    The United and Liverpool fans in those match threads are just embarrassing.

Your obsessed....no your obsessed. Give it a ****ing break ffs.

This is why I rarely venture into the Soccer forum beyond our thread. Since we're doing well things are nice and chillaxed :)

Galvasean wrote: »
    This is why I rarely venture into the Soccer forum beyond our thread. Since we're doing well things are nice and chillaxed :)

Yeah, isn't that cool!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Galvasean wrote: »

To be fair, there would be a strong case to move the Liverpool thread into the Paleontology forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

cathalio11 wrote: »
    To be fair, there would be a strong case to move the Liverpool thread into the Paleontology forum.

Oh ffs posts like these will attract them in here. Ask yourself the question do you really want that?????!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

gandalf wrote: »
    Oh ffs posts like these will attract them in here. Ask yourself the question do you really want that?????!!!!

Liverpool fan here!! whats up guys,

Mixed feelings for arsenal fans today id say.. utd losing always great but chelsea keep the push on yee. Villa has caused us both afew problems this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

viper006 wrote: »

Mixed feelings for arsenal fans today id say.. utd losing always great but chelsea keep the push on yee. Villa has caused us both afew problems this season.

Bit of a no win today however it went, especially after Spuds winning.

Didn't want Chelsea to win, obviously, but didn't want United to win either. Would have given them a massive confidence boost to win there without Rooney and RVP and could have been a springboard to rocket them up the league.

Maybe that reflected the fact that I really didn't enjoy the game today. Thought that it was too easy for Chelsea and they didn't have to push that hard. United were poor defensively and up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah, was always going to be mixed feelings today. At least there's the positive though.

Chelsea beginning to look ominous to me. Everyone's so busy tipping city. Wouldn't be too surprised if Chelsea beat them in a couple of weeks, while still managing to not really look that good.

Seeing as how you're here in good spirit, good luck Liverpool. It's looking a bit wider from the top 3 to 4th but I genuinely hope Liverpool can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I hope that liverpool get 4th, them or everton.

Even though todays result wasn't great from an arsenal point of view, I always have and always will enjoy seeing Man U lose.
    Even if it is to chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

No interest in Utd and Spurs now just wanna see Chelsea and City drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Villa saved our season hammering us on the opening day prompted wenger to go out and sign Ozzy :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wanted a united win today end of, dislike united as much as anybody but it would have been the best outcome for our title chances without a doubt.

• Advertisement

Was really hoping for a draw today but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Uniteds demise or their defeat today.

Definitely think Liverpool are favourites now for the fourth CL place.

We really need city to drop points soon though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wanted a united win today end of, dislike united as much as anybody but it would have been the best outcome for our title chances without a doubt.

I wanted it too but I knew I wouldn't get it.
    They are a poor outfit.

gandalf wrote: »
    Was really hoping for a draw today but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy United demise or their defeat today.

Definitely think Liverpool are favourites now for the fourth CL place.

We really need city to drop points soon though!
    !

We need to be beating them ourselves and not relying on others.
    These are 6 pointers when we meet them and we need to be up for them.

Are we all going to be shouting for Sp*rs next weekend?

:pac:

We need to be beating them ourselves and not relying on others.
    These are 6 pointers when we meet them and we need to be up for them.

Oh definitely and I do believe their defence is suspect and if we are on top of our game we can take them.

If I find myself doing that I'll be taking a shower with a wire brush and jayes fluid!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Yeah, was always going to be mixed feelings today. At least there's the positive though.

Chelsea beginning to look ominous to me. Everyone's so busy tipping city. Wouldn't be too surprised if Chelsea beat them in a couple of weeks, while still managing to not really look that good.

Seeing as how you're here in good spirit, good luck Liverpool. It's looking a bit wider from the top 3 to 4th but I genuinely hope Liverpool can make it.

Actually very shocked and worried about yesterdays liverpool performance. While amazing to be top of league at xmas that drop in form we have been dreading for ages has kicked and a complete downer drawing to villa. 2 vital points dropped with spurs picking up form and everton hanging in there. From 1st to 5th potentially after tomorrows game hard to believe.

Having said that if you told me we would be in 4th today at start of season id have bitten your hand off. Its as good a chance for years we have to get back into top 4 with Suarez and Sturidge leadin the line. With a striker that could run at defences arsenal would be unstoppable and could pip chelsea and city yet. Its going to go down to the wire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Persnally I'd love to see City put 8 or 9 past them

Draw does them both harm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

No room for spurs hating next week. Need them to get something out of that game. Draw wouldn't hurt, would keep spurs a few points back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

It feels dirty but I'll be shouting for spurs!

• Advertisement

Adebayor loves scoring against his former teams. I'd say he'd be a good anytime scorer bet next week.

Whether he runs the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the city fans, remains to be seen!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be shouting for Spurs unabashedly. They're not a threat to us at the moment. Time we started worrying about our direct rivals and not feuds with the neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As much as I dislike United I was rooting for them all the way today. Chelsea are our rivals United aren't even close to challenging for the title (which I can't help but say with a smirk on my face ) so if there playing City or Chelsea ill be rooting for them and that goes for any team facing either of those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I'd love to see Spurs put 8 or 9 past City and would cheer every goal damaging City's goal difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Chelsea are the biggest threat IMO. They have a nice run of games to the end of the season with all their big games nicely spread out. City have a few tough ones bunched together and we have one awful run of games in March. This could be the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I just don't see it with Chelsea. They badly need a top striker, even more than Arsenal do. If Arsenal finish ahead of City they'll win the title. Gonna be hard to do that if City keep up their home form.

jester77 wrote: »
    Chelsea are the biggest threat IMO. They have a nice run of games to the end of the season with all their big games nicely spread out. City have a few tough ones bunched together and we have one awful run of games in March. This could be the difference.

on them fixtures, what do the people who think it's no odds finishing second in a CL group (thus 2 harder games) think of that run?

do you still think 'no difference, you've to play them all sometime anyway' or any change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

batistuta9 wrote: »
    on them fixtures, what do the people who think it's no odds finishing second in a CL group (thus 2 harder games) think of that run?

do you still think 'no difference, you've to play them all sometime anyway' or any change

Still think the exact same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

City will beat Spurs in a high scoring game. Just came back from the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    City will beat Spurs in a high scoring game. Just came back from the future

Is the new Star wars movie any good and how long did Moyes last as United boss? Also, how many world cups did Ireland win?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement