Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FWIW, I'd love it if we signed Mata, not just because we'd win the league with him in our team, but because when I let me beard grow out a bit and style my hair just right I look like him :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

i think if Mata is available to Utd then it's likely they'll pay what's necessary to get him. Moyes can be seen to let world class players pass by him given all he has said about the difficulty of getting that calibre of player in January. Utd fans would dessert Moyes if Mata was available and they passed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ideal scenario if United sign Mata --

United beat Sunderland and later on are drawn against Chelsea.
    Mata scores 3 and knocks Chelsea out.
    Arsenal then thrash United in the next round before going on to win the Cup.

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ronjo

Ideal scenario if United sign Mata --

United beat Sunderland and later on are drawn against Chelsea.
    Mata scores 3 and knocks Chelsea out.
    Arsenal then thrash United in the next round before going on to win the Cup.

Bliss.

Tayto you have your cups mixed up.

United are out of FA cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ronjo wrote: »

United are out of FA cup

Ah Jaysus my dream has been shattered:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

ideal Scenario

Chelsea sell Mata to Utd for crazy money - giving Moyes no options for the summer
    Chelsea have an injury meltdown - Oscar, hazard etc each out for a few months. nothing serious just enough that they are unfit.
    Utd continue to be sh?t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

United are out of FA cup

But they could still meet in the champions league, would Mata be eligible then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

But they could still meet in the champions league, would Mata be eligible then?

No he's played twice I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They seemed to have jumped the gun a bit in there, and by jumped I mean catapulted over. Be an interesting read if the deal doesn't go ahead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gervais getting the winning goal in the coppa italia last night.
    yu2.gif

he's managed 5 goals & 6 assists now for Roma in 18 apps. Haven't really seen him much bar highlight clips but apparently he's doing good over there.
    Could've been useful to have around the way things worked out this season but you can't plan for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I always said I though Gervinho could be a good player sadly he wasn't suited to the EPL or Arsenal he was to fragile and seems to have real issues with confidence and always need an arm around him which we couldn't afford to give him to the extent he needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I wonder will Jose string United along until the final day and pull the plug like he did with us and the proposed Ba transfer to us at the start of the season. It'd be funny if he wasted their time and stopped them getting another player elsewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I always said I though Gervinho could be a good player sadly he wasn't suited to the EPL or Arsenal he was to fragile and seems to have real issues with confidence and always need an arm around him which we couldn't afford to give him to the extent he needed.

Rudi Garcia seems like the only man who can provide that confidence for Gervinho. Seeing him now, it's like he picked up where he left off at Lille and the 2 years at Arsenal never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Devastated if the Mata to united deal goes through. Would have taken Mata over Ozil in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I wont believe it till its officially confirmed, it just makes no sense to me, Chelsea fans must be furious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

darego wrote: »
    Devastated if the Mata to united deal goes through. Would have taken Mata over Ozil in the summer

Always plays very well against us too. Can see him, Rooney and RVP all lining up against us in a couple of weeks time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Danny Welbeck and Phil Jones have booked their place in the England World Cup squad after two terrible penalties under pressure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pisses me off that Utd go through a tough period and its so easy for them to go out and splash the cash.

Kinda jealous if I'm honest :D

BREAKING NEWS: Juan Mata arrested after being caught reversing his way back down the M6...

Came across this on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

we can do likewise now, and we don't have 600m of debt on our heads. United are a monster club, monster revenues, 3rd highest of any club in the world (behind the 2 spanish giants), backed by 25 years of success and a massive history, even though they are ****e now they'll be back.
    So we can enjoy them while they're rubbish.
    Vs us on the 12th of feb they'll probably have Mata and Rooney and the Skunk lining up. Formidable talents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

John Cross saying that we are making a last ditch attempt to tie up Draxler deal http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-still-hope-julian-draxler-3051830#.UuBM16hFBw0

Re: Mata - he's a great player but I'd take Ozil over him any day.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

The poor kitchen lady has just handed in a transfer request to leave Man Utd! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd have love us to sign Mata.

Imagine a three of Mata -- Ozil -- Cazorla :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

We should stick in a 5 million pound bid for Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wenger at the Barca game. Its Messi, isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Ah now. You're not serious?

Mata is for me a slight step up from Cazorla. Ozil is a different level entirely.

I wouldn't take Iniesta over Ozil, never mind Mata. Even when Ozil is slightly peripheral, every little involvement is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I caaaaaame in like a wreeeeecking ball

BenoiJ4IQAAjtvw.jpg

Thats ****ed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah now. You're not serious?

Mata is for me a slight step up from Cazorla. Ozil is a different level entirely.

I wouldn't take Iniesta over Ozil, never mind Mata. Even when Ozil is slightly peripheral, every little involvement is excellent.

Ah Mata is significantly better than Santi, pains me to say it but it's true. Just look at his stats for last season. I'd have him and Ozil fairly level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Still have the best midfield in the league.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We should stick in a 5 million pound bid for Mata.

No we should outbid united by £1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ah Mata is significantly better than Santi, pains me to say it but it's true. Just look at his stats for last season. I'd have him and Ozil fairly level.

Jury's still out for me - last season was Santi's first in the EPL and he's only getting back to form now after his lay-off. Let's see how they've both been getting on at season's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

greendom wrote: »
    Jury's still out for me - last season was Santi's first in the EPL and he's only getting back to form now after his lay-off. Let's see how they've both been getting on at season's end.

Oh Santi was immense last season. But for me, Mata was the best in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is really out of character for Mourinho I am half expecting Mata to be redirected to PSG at the 11th hour. Or for Jose to infect him with Ebola on the way out the door to OT :)

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    This is really out of character for Mourinho I am half expecting Mata to be redirected to PSG at the 11th hour. Or for Jose to infect him with Ebola on the way out the door to OT :)

Mourinho knows he's past his best :pac:

Fcuking retarded getting rid of him to united tbh. Sell abroad and leave him out of your way to not come back and bite you down the line.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Mourinho knows he's past his best :pac:

Fcuking retarded getting rid of him to united tbh. Sell abroad and leave him out of your way to not come back and bite you down the line.

I can't understand Mourinho allowing this unless there is a potential Rooney deal agreed for the summer yet I am not sure that can be even guaranteed in terms of contract now, etc?

The logic that he has sold Mata to United so he can play two games against Arsenal and City is laughable in the extreme. It's no guarantee, City or us could well finish above them and what about the next 3/4 years when they guy is at his peak. Also surely when a giant is down and struggling you keep them there. Giving them a hand up is silly in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ronjo

Well I guess if he wasnt going to let us take Ba there was no way he would give us Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Seen a few rumours Wenger was at Camp Nou last night watching Tello. He's supposed to have had a good match, interesting if true.Can't see Barca selling him tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Seen a few rumours Wenger was at Camp Nou last night watching Tello. He's supposed to have had a good match, interesting if true.Can't see Barca selling him tho.

Wenger was there and Tello scored a hat trick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wenger now saying we're close on some of the contracts for per thomas and sagna but not all of them. I reckon sagna.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

News from the conference:

Selection for Friday:
    Bendtner back in the squad
    Arteta is out
    Ramsey is out
    Rosicky is out
    Not sure on the Ox, will assess today.

He says it doesn't look like they'll sign anyone

He's ready to extend Verm's contract.

I didn't watch it, that's just what's up on twitter.

Jose trying to mend some bridges after UTD told him to **** off last summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

People keep mentioning how Jose is being all clever since they've played United twice already, but aside from the obvious of him improving United next season and further in the future, it also significantly weakens Chelsea's squad for the rest of this season.

People keep mentioning how Jose is being all clever since they've played United twice already, but aside from the obvious of him improving United next season and further in the future, it also significantly weakens Chelsea's squad for the rest of this season.

This is true. I don't care what he is thinking - if one of his holy trininty get badly injured he'll be kicking himself for selling mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is true. I don't care what he is thinking - if one of his holy trininty get badly injured he'll be kicking himself for selling mata.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of egg on Mourinho's face. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

The only sense I can see in the move is that Chelsea are actually taking Financial Fair Play seriously and that no non-permiership side would be willing to give them 37m for Mata. I would think 37m would go a long way towards them being able to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Unless he thinks giving man utd, Juan lifesaver, he will be offered the job in the summer, as manager? He would want CL football of course, as that is what Mata s the most.:D

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Unless he thinks giving man utd, Juan lifesaver, he will be offered the job in the summer, as manager? He would want CL football of course, as that is what Mata s the most.:D

I don't know about that. Surely Mata being at United for the next 4/5 years will be a major factor in:

a) Helping Moyes keep his job as United dramatically improve.
    b) A successful Mata would be an issue if Mourinho was going to be his manager again.

Genuinely think Mourinho will come to regret this more than he seems to think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Well I guess if he wasnt going to let us take Ba there was no way he would give us Mata

Seemingly mou and Chelsea wanted us to put in a cash offer for Ba so I am not so sure about that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement