Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

And i suppose Lloris, lamela, erikksen are all in the top 30 too on there day :p

Not yet but they may some day in the future with some luck..

As for old man Soldado he hasnt gotten any service this year compared to what he was getting at Valenica & obviously for Spain..Still has 4 goals in 4 comp games for us..2 penos & 2 from play;)

Im not in here to rile ye up lads I was just repling to casting couches comment that he thinks Ozil is better than Bale & that Spurs should have just got Ozil & 50£mil as payment instead lol.. Lets keep things in context here..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

davycc wrote: »
    Not yet but they may some day in the future with some luck..

As for old man Soldado he hasnt gotten any service this year compared to what he was getting at Valenica & obviously for Spain..Still has 4 goals in 4 comp games for us..2 penos & 2 from play;)

Im not in here to rile ye up lads I was just repling to casting couches comment that he thinks Ozil is better than Bale & that Spurs should have just got Ozil & 50£mil as payment instead lol.. Lets keep things in context here..

Ozil has won games for Germany in the biggest tournaments in the world. Champions league games too. What has Bale done really? Hasn't won them an FA cup, league cup or even come close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Why are Arsenal even going for Ozil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Why are Arsenal even going for Ozil?

Because he's better than what we currently have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Because he's better than what we currently have?

He's better than what most people have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Pressure from fans?

Ozil has won games for Germany in the biggest tournaments in the world. Champions league games too. What has Bale done really? Hasn't won them an FA cup, league cup or even come close to it.

Well its hardly Bales fault he is Welsh they kinda dont do Tournaments ever.
    even though he has won important games for Wales too out of the blue.

Same with Spurs sadly no cups in Bales time but I have no doubt he will put that right with Real this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

on his day Bale is possibly the 3rd best player in the world...

Ozil is possibly the 30th best player on his day

Yes and I'm sure you would still believe that if he were about to join Spurs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Think we can all agree that Bale isn't one of the best in the world at the moment. But he definitly has the potential to push on now with RM and do that :) arsenal fan here obviously

• Advertisement

He's obviously a great player but his position is not what needs urgent rebuilding. Like if ye forked out this amount of cash on Higuain it'd make a lot more sense. Ozil isn't going to get ye yer goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I hope we go for a LW and Striker cause we really need to weigh up on those positions.

Think we can all agree that Bale isn't one of the best in the world at the moment. But he definitly has the potential to push on now with RM and do that :) arsenal fan here obviously

The price was a little crazy but British players are overpriced. I think he's a talented players has the potential to be a great but will the Madrid fan's and board give him time. that's the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

This transfer shouldn't be questioned. Ozil strengthens any first 11 in the world IMO, even if he's not necessarily the type of player Arsenal need, a player of his exceptional quality is something every club should be looking for. I'm incredibly jealous of Arsenal right now and I can't wait to see him in the premier league.

greendom wrote: »
    Yes and I'm sure you would still believe that if he were about to join Spurs :rolleyes:

read reply #52 lads please i dont need or want to clutter up your new thread honestly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil isn't going to get ye yer goals.

He'll just have to set them all up then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

He's obviously a great player but his position is not what needs urgent rebuilding. Like if ye forked out this amount of cash on Higuain it'd make a lot more sense. Ozil isn't going to get ye yer goals.

but his game will help the others around him get the goals.

Love some of the fan's from other club's saying he's not going to change anything. That's the sign we have a top talent on our hands and that they are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I would disagree. Arsenal have a tendency in recent years to dominate games but don't create enough clear cut chances because we push so high up and things can get congested. Granted, we don't have a 30 goal a season striker but Walcott, Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla all got double figures last year. We can add a lot more goals just by creating some more chances for each of them, so a player who is good at getting out of tight spaces is probably more important to us right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ozil isn't going to get ye yer goals.

No, Walcott, podolski, giroud and cazorla who all got double figures last season will get the goals.

Ozil will craft them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

This may lead to Ramsey scoring more too.

If Ozil signs, he could set up a lot of players for success.

• Advertisement

****. I didn't realise you guys were that deluded.

Van Persie, Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Xavi, Schweinstieger. For a start.

Don't fall for the hype and mega fee. He hasn't actually done that much yet. Not saying he isn't an amazing player with phenomenal potential (that he really started to live up to last year), he is, but maybe wait for a few more major accomplishments before suggesting he's the 3rd best player in the world.

which part of on his day Bale is possibly the 3rd best player in the world confused you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Looper007 wrote: »
    Love some of the fan's from other club's saying he's not going to change anything. That's the sign we have a top talent on our hands and that they are worried.

And also very jealous and surprised that we could get him. Go and check the meltdown in the Man U thread:eek:

He's obviously going to improve the team but it'd be just like City buying him and not any striker this summer. Like ye have plenty of options in Ozil's area/style of play. Sure he's probably better than all of the others but a proper striker is what Arsenal really needs. Demba Ba is a terrible back up plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

which part of on his day Bale is possibly the 3rd best player in the world confused you?

Bale is 3rd best player in the world, Ozil in top 10.

The Bale fee and overrating is laughable tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    With Gervinho gone, Ox and Podolski injured, AM/Wings is a priority tbh. At the moment they haven't got a senior sub for any of the 3 players in a 4-2-3-1.

The bench yesterday was
    21 Fabianski
    03 Sagna
    17 Monreal
    20 Flamini
    44 Gnabry
    58 Gedion Zelalem
    22 Sanogo

Only a teenager who can cover any of those positions. If Ozil comes in Rosicky probably goes to the bench.

I said this earlier, somebody who can play AM or on the wings was a necessity.

Oh, please do give your top 10 players in the world on their day.

Bet Vertonghen and Lloris feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Looper007 wrote: »

Great signing if ye get it done, world class players can always be accommodated
    in any team.

Raf32 wrote: »

No and no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

to classify as the third best in the world, you can't be just on your day. You must be on most of your days, if not everyday.
    Your post contradicts itself.
    Your reply in 52 contradicts the rest of your posts.
    I think you are in the wrong thread.

and the rest of us, we the f**k are we talking about Bale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I assume you mean that Bale at his best is better than any other player at his best besides Messi and Ronaldo. If that's what you'd argue, I'd say Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, and Ibrahimovic all are better on their best days.

Ozil, too is phenomenal on his day. Certainly among the top 15 players if not the top 10. You said 30th. That is sheer idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The way this year has started for us, it's basically upgrading Rosicky to Ozil. That's a far better improvement than Giroud to Higuain.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    to classify as the third best in the world, you can't be just on your day. You must be on most of your days, if not everyday.
    Your post contradicts itself.
    Your reply in 52 contradicts the rest of your posts.
    I think you are in the wrong thread.

and the rest of us, we the f**k are we talking about Bale?

im repling to casting couch thats about the height of it..put me on your ignore list if it helps yoo I dont care either way..

Bale had a whole season where he was at his best in every game I thought that was obvious enough even for you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1m

My source tells me: The only thing missing is Özil's signature.

At 23:36 last night he said:
    "Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1m
    Asked a very knowledgeable person in Germany who has revealed big moves: Özil to Arsenal?His answer: No!!!! Bull****!!!!"

Putting 2 + 2 together and i'm gonna suggest he hasn't got a scooby doo what's happening!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Casting couch im interested to where ya got you're name from this automaticly sprang to mind

casting-couch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

spuds making enquires for BA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Spurs in for demba ba, its like their just trying to get their own back in any way!

I bet Davyy doesn't know whether to say if Ba is good or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

im repling to casting couch thats about the height of it..put me on your ignore list if it helps yoo I dont care either way..

Bale had a whole season where he was at his best in every game I thought that was obvious enough even for you:)

Lucky for us the 3rd best player in the world (sometimes) doesn't play for spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Apparently Davvy thinks Ba is the fourth best player in the world :PAC:

he obviously wasnt worth near 100mil€ but Levy played a blinder ..

Madrid are a crazy bunch who love their bigger than Barca signings & overpaid big time for Bale just to show the world (incl Barca) they can afford ANYBODY & arnt shy about letting the world know through their propoganda mouthpiece Marca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Home from work feet up not Sky Sports on, new shiny thread.

Now all I need is a few new shiny players to make this day complete :).

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Raf32 wrote: »

So many things wrong with this post.

Messi and Ronaldo are 1st/2nd and are miles ahead of anyone. Then you have the likes of Ozil/Iniesta on the next tier. Bale has the potential but hasn't got the ability to touch any of them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

BBC reporting ba food medical and close to joining arsenal.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I bet Davyy doesn't know whether to say if Ba is good or not.

I wouldnt say no :)to having him on a short 2yr ish contract in case his knees eventually give trouble at 7mil transfer fee..he has hadly had a look at Chelski but not his fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

This is torture !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd be happy enough with Ba thought initially when he went to Chelsea we should have been in for him, his Newcastle form was brilliant until Pardew pushed him out onto the wing, and was never given a chance at Chelsea really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Is it just me or does Emiliano Viviano look like Almunias Italian cousin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Seems it is done lads!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408697/Mesut-Ozil-signs-Arsenal-Real-Madrid-42-5million.html

And if the DM article is to be believed, Per was instrumental in convincing Ozil- what a legend if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Will be delighted with the signing of Ozil, just back from EP and the thoughts of him in an Arsenal jersey are th only thing keeping me going!

Really hope we go for a couple more now, get it done while the chance is there!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement